Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:50:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:53:03 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 03:11:09 AM by sloopy

What I don't get about CPPSRB payment system is that there are so many people willing to take an absolutely guaranteed <100% of PPS when they can mine on almost any other pool and have some chance of >100% PPS if luck is good over a given range. It's impossible to make more than PPS at CPPSRB, but as we all know mining here, we're way above PPS. Not that it is likely to continue forever, but I prefer to take my chances at hitting 100% rather than a guaranteed fail.

What I don't like about the slush payment system is that a sudden drop off in hash, such as during a power outage, can significantly reduce or even eliminate a payment for a subsequent block find. Arguably you weren't doing work when the block was found, so tough for you, but the payment method doesn't reward long-term loyalty like PPLNS, N=5 does.

The cool thing about eligius is the generated payments, but as has been mentioned here recently, it comes at a price to the pool's performance. Plus it means the pool holds funds longer than it really ought to for anyone who hits the 0.04 threshold before they are in the payout window, usually somewhere more than 4 days although at times it has been much longer. There's also always a pretty sizable cache of coins owed to miners should they decide to take their pool down and go home. Well, wizkid is a pretty solid guy so no one should expect it, but it does require more trust to those people who are owed coins. I do have a concern with people who do expensive things (run a large mining pool) for supposed altruistic reasons (no fee) yet are entrusted with hundreds or even thousands of coins.

I'm happy with the pool size here and the regular improvements that shows the interest Kano has in the success of the pool. Although finding more frequent blocks would be a wash for miners, it would certainly be good for Kano, and I want it to be profitable to him so he continues to run and improve the pool. Thanks for the great pool!

I couldn't agree more regarding several of your points.
Slush payout method is a big reason why I cannot mine there. Even if (I hope it never happens, or at least anytime soon), but even if Mr. Kano had to close up shop I get screwed at Slush because of my intermittent drop off issue I have yet to figure out. My hash drops off for 5 mins and the block is found before I ramp back up then I don't get paid, and my drops happen enough that they fall on blocks. I've tried it with a smaller amount of hash and it sux. In general the payment system falls off way to fast anyway. I think that fall off speed is way too fast to be fair. I can understand if pools do not want to go as long as long as this one and the ramp up here took a bit to get used too but now I love it because I do things to make my ramp up feel faster even though I know it isn't, throwing another 10 TH in my mix makes my numbers look good to me heh. I pay for those things with coin, but I enjoy it as well. I only hate thinking about block withholders when renting hash so I do not rent near as much as I used too. It is actually pretty rare anymore.

I also agree with your thoughts regarding this pool. One of the biggest attractions is the interaction from the pool op. You could make a list of pros vs cons and I think despite the name con that ck and kano have done some fantastic work. Who else has the insight to the mining software, the pool software, and the experience. Many people can write code, and some can write good code, but having the experience of not only writing, but rewriting, real bug testing, real bug fixes, avoiding political situations or taking them on in the correct context, checking that software personally and then sharing it with the public... The pool fee is certainly reasonable imo and obviously it works. We've had an aggressive past few months and as anyone I do not want it to fall off for any amount of time but I am mentally prepared if it does because that is part of the scene.

A magnificent buzzword is transparency, and we have one of the finest examples right here. I think once people grasp the PPLNS payout system there is not much else to understand because it is so transparent. The PPLNS was the only thing which took me a minute to understand but I never doubted I was being treated fairly even though I check and recheck. I do that for my books, not because I think Kano is scheming to get my little bit of coin haha. Anyone can see if they are paid or not right there on the chain. There is an output to your address or there isn't.

I do not trust most of the chinese pools for one simple reason, they have screwed us before and choose to keep the same methods while claiming they corrected the issues. The only things they fixed is so they wouldn't mine on the wrong chain, they certainly didn't stop SPV mining which to me shows selfishness. Everyone has a right to make money, but do it without harming others unless the others are being stupid. In this case the "others" are doing the right thing.
I hope F2pool gets a karma kick in the balls one day and I hope it is something which hurts them and not their miners although, most of them know what they are supporting so maybe I shouldn't think that way, but there are some who go there for the regular PPS payouts. Bitmain, heh, I think they know exactly what they are doing and there is a huge amount of those pools working together and competing, but they certainly work to help each other in the mainland. Again, I wish no bad times to good miners, but I hope one day to see a group of hobby miners who can do it for the fun and who would have the communities best interest as a top priority over greed. I don't think most even shop around for the best value they sign up what someone has made look the best on paper through alt coins. I have previously said I would enjoy having some MM coins to play with for kicks from time to time, but if my pool ops say it isn't worth it well they've earned my trust through their actions and I take their word for it. <- and that is a perfect example of what I meant in my last post about the people who earn your trust aren't trying to do so, they are simply being who they are and running their business the way they think is right.

You know, it doesn't take near as much effort over the long run to do things the right way. Normally it takes much more effort to lie, cheat, and steal. Maybe not in one day, or even a month, but overall the risk versus reward, well, for a cheat and liar you must add in the stress because if those things don't add stress you are a psychopath.

No one who is screwing people everyday believes they are doing the right thing no matter how many times they say they are. Say your business was reselling parts. If you sold used parts as new you will be caught. Maybe it would be by one person, then a couple more, but eventually, it starts to add up.

There are criminals who get away with things everyday and I am sure there are a large number who are not caught, but those have to have that thought in their mind, just like a Parent running from their responsibilities and never seeing their child, it is in your mind, you can lie, drink, drug all you want but it comes back in spades and having that weighing on you is physically sickening.  

Life isn't fair, but being surrounded by people who try to be fair and honest sure makes it about as close as it ever will be to getting to that place. This community has a decent 'pool' of those types of people and no matter what else they may do when you can see how they have acted and treated people here for a while it becomes obvious they are generally making decisions to support that in general no matter the situation.

Those are the people I do my best to emulate.

I think I need to work on my delivery, but I hope the thought process behind it shines through, because I can be a dick sometimes, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do everything possible to make sure you are treated right. I get some weird pleasure in taking up for people and righting wrongs in life and there is some chemical reaction that turns on a light in my head during that process. Maybe that is selfish in itself, but it's a good selfish I hope because it sure wouldn't turn on at the thought I'd taken advantage of someone or ripped someone off. Kinda like sidehack, he can be a dick sometimes in his comments but it is obvious the guy has a heart of gold and wants to do things "right". His version of right is in line with mine. His comments aren't near as dickish when you realize such. He simply has a harcore way of teaching you to help yourself and wants you to use your head and realize your potential. He can answer that simple question and throw a link to the answer over and over but I think he gets that satisfaction knowing he taught you to figure it out because he knows you are better for it. I say his comments are dickish but they aren't, they only seem such at first but usually there is a reason. Sometimes he gets in a back n forth with someone like pekatete but usually those things are a tremendous amount of nitpicking by the wrong person and sidehack is determined to show why so they learn.

I know a guy who is a complete asshole and says whatever rude thing pops in his head most of the time, but it is the truth. So while he needs to work on his delivery, he also gives people a place to live until they get on their feet, has let people and their kids who had nowhere to go stay with him and all of his family, he buys things for other members of his family who have blown their own money on stupid things because he isn't letting them go hungry even when he doesn't have much money himself, but I bet even though you couldn't tell it by talking with him that he loves the feelings he gets from helping people more than almost anything else in life except his own children. You can't replace that feeling from any amount of money you steal, well, unless maybe you steal it from a rapist or something teaching them a lesson but as a rule, or maybe the government but pretty much the same as a rapist so yeah, but even if you did steal from someone you thought deserved it is that going to come close to the feeling you will carry with you knowing you may have made the difference in some little kids life when they needed it the most?
I can answer that for anyone with a conscience, no, nothing can touch the realization you have made a giant impact on someone's life by taking a few minutes and helping them with their calculus homework when they have no one else to help them because their parents didn't pay the internet bill and bought a few bottles of cheap wine instead and got drunk.
Yeah, that makes a difference in them, and you. If you doubt me, give it a shot for 30 days and see how you feel. Good people are everywhere in this world, seriously they are, sometimes you simply have to show them it is OK to be good.

Ahhh geesh WoT again, my bad. I'll make sure it takes a couple weeks before I do it again  Lips sealed

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:38:34 PM

If I can ever get the S7s I have on order I'm going to try your pool.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 09:04:10 PM

If I can ever get the S7s I have on order I'm going to try your pool.

You will be happy you did!!

Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
innerchaos

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:50:45 PM

Block please
innerchaos

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:02:12 PM

If someone wanted to rent hash power from NH to break a streak, would it be better to go eu or us
727miner

Activity: 543

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:12:22 PM

If someone wanted to rent hash power from NH to break a streak, would it be better to go eu or us

Westhash
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:14:29 PM

Since they are a proxy and their proxy adds a lot of latency, you need to be renting hardware that is closest to Caesars Palace at Las Vegas Smiley

I've no idea how you even tell where the miners are at a hash rental site.

But ... I still consider renting hash rate a high risk since you have to pay the hardware owner and the rental site no matter what they do.
And ... does the rental site keep history information on the hardware owners? Or is it "we get paid no matter what so we don't care" ?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PPOC

Activity: 575

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:19:52 PM

Since they are a proxy and their proxy adds a lot of latency, you need to be renting hardware that is closest to Caesars Palace at Las Vegas Smiley

I've no idea how you even tell where the miners are at a hash rental site.

But ... I still consider renting hash rate a high risk since you have to pay the hardware owner and the rental site no matter what they do.
And ... does the rental site keep history information on the hardware owners? Or is it "we get paid no matter what so we don't care" ?

thedreamer rents a lot of hash, I think. some of his rentals have found blocks for us in the past so he should be able to provide some good advice on renting hash.

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
innerchaos

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:26:36 PM

BR keeps records or rather users comments/reviews on each miner but does not give location...
innerchaos

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:01:52 AM

I nicked an hours worth yea i know probably pointless but wth
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:56:19 AM

I nicked an hours worth yea i know probably pointless but wth
Well, whether it finds a block or not, the shares will still be paid the same as all others in the 5Nd after.
So you don't lose anything vs anyone else.
As usual it all just depends on how many blocks are found in the 5Nd after each shift the shares are in.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
innerchaos

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:51:27 AM

Well I tried...  Sad no block sorry peeps
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:52:45 AM

thedreamer found it Smiley
Not all that bad at all - only 210% Smiley

727miner

Activity: 543

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 10:35:07 AM

thedreamer found it Smiley
Not all that bad at all - only 210% Smiley

Nice work thedreamer  Cheesy
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:05:54 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 11:28:27 AM by kano

Well since thedreamer found the block ... ckdb restart coming up.
Nah just kidding Smiley

But yes ckdb restart coming up in the next few minutes.
No mining will be affected.
The web will be down a little longer than usual (a few extra minutes) while I do a database change on the largest table.
So the web stats outage will be closer to 20 minutes than the usual 13-15 minutes.

Most of the changes are behind the scenes, but the visible one is:
The "Share Rate" field on the Workers page now gets reset every network block, and shows how long since it was reset
The aim of "Share Rate" (as before) is to give you an immediate to the second (but inaccurate) hash rate based on shares submitted

Also, shifts now end on a network diff change - thus once every 2016 blocks the current shift will end earlier than before.

Edit: restart completed

innerchaos

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:49:34 AM

Wow we had an awesome month. Thanks The dreamer for the blocks.... and the hottie
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:02:12 AM

Wow we had an awesome month. Thanks The dreamer for the blocks.... and the hottie

It was a awesome month. I hope next month is just as good if not better.....Smiley Thank you to Kano for running a awesome pool and every one that is apart of it. So glad to be a part of this excellent pool! Here is hoping for good luck in October!

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:04:37 AM

Payout 376816 sent Smiley
df56cb6adbec1964454c8a30aa51e3a5ef9bb44eb532c2074fc40b3598712b1b
and confirmed

innerchaos

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:47:50 PM

yay block
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:37:52 PM

yay block
yay again

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: