Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:08:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350201 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
bitwitt

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:24:41 AM

BLOCK!!!

Congrats CapnBDL!  Hit it with just over 1TH, what miner solved this block?

Congrats CapnBDL ! if only you had been solo mining. I'm sure the pool appreciates it.  Now we have to hit 5 more blocks in the 5N rang to get your fair share.

don't drink the kool-aid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:49:21 AM

Payout 384498 sent (a while ago)
bc1bd74c1a14cb8a2cb9d915eb111441127183482a3d709dba73290f4bf0afe5
and confirmed

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
SergES

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:06:41 PM

1 THs - 0.05% of block (Workers)...okey...500 Ths - 500THs*0.05%/1THs=25% of block. 25% - 6.2 bitcoin. Correctly?....Not....What is the formula for calculating interest on the block in percent?
No, it's PPLNS.
On the web site: Help->Payouts https://kano.is/index.php?k=payout

Some of the stats show how much of the 'current' block you've worked on.
That's not what is used to determine rewards.

To determine a single particular reward, you need to see your % of the total hash rate sent to the pool for that reward.
That's shown on the Account->Rewards page after the reward has been calculated.

Easiest using an example of my rewards for the last block:
Code:
Block   Block UTC     Miner Reward  N Diff    N Range        Pool N Avg  Your %  Your N Diff  Your N Avg  Your BTC
384498  20/Nov 19:15  25.12289053   329.351G  176hr 16m 42s  2.23PHs     0.06%   185.841M     1.26THs     0.01417592

That particular reward 5Nd range was from "20/Nov 19:15" UTC, then back "176hr 16m 42s"
The pool hash rate average over that time was "2.23PHs"

So if you mined for that whole time with accepted shares at 500THs, you'd get 0.5/2.23 of "25.12289053" or ~5.63BTC in that one reward
The "Your N Avg" actually shows what your average hash rate was for that entire time.
So if you've only been mining for half of that reward, i.e. about 88hrs of it, then your overage over that time will actually be ~250THs, so you'd get ~2.82BTC

Now of course, as usual, you need to remember that all shares submitted, can get rewarded, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or more times.
If pool luck is always 100% then each share should be rewarded ~5 times.
Each time a share is rewarded, it will usually be ~1/5 of it's PPS value.

Who found that the block reward is no difference?
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 01:59:48 PM

BLOCK!!!

Congrats CapnBDL!  Hit it with just over 1TH, what miner solved this block?

WOOT!! My first block of BTC ever!!! That would be an S3+ (I have 2 & 2 of the little rBox110s).

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:11:04 PM

BLOCK!!!

WOOT!! My first block of BTC ever!!! That would be an S3+ (I have 2 & 2 of the little rBox110s).
Heh your total avg hash rate is about the same as mine.

Damn I better hurry up and find a block also.

I've not found any on the pool yet (though -ck has found 2)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PPOC

Activity: 575

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:12:47 PM

BLOCK!!!

Congrats! So now the question remains, have you made 25btc combined from pool with this hardware? Verses had you been solo mining?

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:14:17 PM

Who found that the block reward is no difference?
No idea what your question means sorry.

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:16:23 PM

BLOCK!!!

Congrats! So now the question remains, have you made 25btc combined from pool with this hardware? Verses had you been solo mining?
That's the catch, if he had been solo mining he may have found 10 blocks or he may have found zero.
There's no way to know, and finding one block has no effect on finding a block somewhere else (or another here either)

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 04:21:33 PM

BLOCK!!!

When you're mining on a pool you get your share of the block reward based upon the pool's payout mechanism.  Unless you represent the entire hash rate of the pool, you don't get the full block reward - you split it with the rest of the miners on the pool.  If you're mining solo, you get the entire reward (25BTC).

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 05:49:02 PM

HiYa folks,

Just a quick bit of info on my mining. I have been doing this a long time, almost since the BTC concept began (Silkroad and all) and was solo mining using just my CPU. I didn't have anything more than what my computers had built into them and being a 'geek' for this and a retired custom system builder, my stuff is usually the best that I can afford, better than the stock stuff on the shelves. In all that time I was never lucky enough to find a single block. Slushs Pool came around and I gave that a shot for the better part of a year (maybe more), hated the payout. Tried Eligius, P2P, and GiveMeCoins (still mine LTC & PPC there) and still never hit a block. I knew when kano.is came online but was intimidated by the numbers being pumped out. I've been on BCT a lot longer than my profile shows, mainly as a lurker and seeker of knowledge. I finally felt comfortable with mining here and always knew this was the place to mine. Best pool around, don't know much about the solo pool, but with my luck, it's pool mining on www.kano.is for me. Best OPs in the biz!!

I learned all the in's & out's, but being the 'average joe', I still had cost to consider. I am retired, my sig line is true and this is what is built now:

Two - S3+ operating (CapnBDL.1&2) in the pool.
Two - RockMiner rBox110 (CapnBDL.3&4) in the pool
Five - USB RedFury sha on GiveMeCoins PPC pool
Three - Gridseed Blades with 1 always mining LTC @ GiveMeCoins and the other 2 mining whatever scrypt I feel might offer a reward in trading for BTC
One - nVidia GTX750Ti2GB video card mining 'quark' on a multi-payout pool.
Any additional equipment pops my circuit breaker (maxed out)

All of these are running overclocked with the exception of the s3's (the electricity outweighed ROI)

I have some other miners NOT on-line (both sha & scrypt), soon to be 'fleabay' listed. (good stuff)

I am ROI on equipment but the electricity cost is close to break even. It's my retirement hobby.

This is the first time (and last) I've ever given out any detail on my experience or equipment, but I am 'NO NOOB' at this. Not sure why I felt the need to air all this out but there it is.

YEA for the pool...My first block, happy to share.

CapnBDL
      Cool

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
SergES

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:23:52 PM

yyy.worker1 (1THs) - 0.05% block ~0.01 btc
zzz.worker1 (1THs) - found block (= yyy.worker1(0.05%)) ~ 0.01 btc ?
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:35:21 PM

HiYa folks,

Just a quick bit of info on my mining. I have been doing this a long time, almost since the BTC concept began (Silkroad and all) and was solo mining using just my CPU. I didn't have anything more than what my computers had built into them and being a 'geek' for this and a retired custom system builder, my stuff is usually the best that I can afford, better than the stock stuff on the shelves. In all that time I was never lucky enough to find a single block. Slushs Pool came around and I gave that a shot for the better part of a year (maybe more), hated the payout. Tried Eligius, P2P, and GiveMeCoins (still mine LTC & PPC there) and still never hit a block. I knew when kano.is came online but was intimidated by the numbers being pumped out. I've been on BCT a lot longer than my profile shows, mainly as a lurker and seeker of knowledge. I finally felt comfortable with mining here and always knew this was the place to mine. Best pool around, don't know much about the solo pool, but with my luck, it's pool mining on www.kano.is for me. Best OPs in the biz!!

I learned all the in's & out's, but being the 'average joe', I still had cost to consider. I am retired, my sig line is true and this is what is built now:

Three - Gridseed Blades with 1 always mining LTC @ GiveMeCoins and the other 2 mining whatever scrypt I feel might offer a reward in trading for BTC

All of these are running overclocked with the exception of the s3's (the electricity outweighed ROI)

I have some other miners NOT on-line (both sha & scrypt), soon to be 'fleabay' listed. (good stuff)

I am ROI on equipment but the electricity cost is close to break even. It's my retirement hobby.

This is the first time (and last) I've ever given out any detail on my experience or equipment, but I am 'NO NOOB' at this. Not sure why I felt the need to air all this out but there it is.

CapnBDL
      Cool

It is sooo cool you found a block with your miners I send you a small extra of 0.00666BTC for finding this awesome block Grin
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 06:38:34 PM

HiYa folks,

CapnBDL
      Cool

It is sooo cool you found a block with your miners I send you a small extra of 0.00666BTC for finding this awesome block Grin

Cool, thanks!! Why the devils number? LOL

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:39:46 PM

HiYa folks,

CapnBDL
      Cool

Cool, thanks!! Why the devils number? LOL

I was playing this song  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKRAFPHD8W4
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:22:18 PM

Just a quick bit of info on my mining.

Congrats on solving a block, Capn!  I only hope to have the same luck with my S3+, good to see that they still can produce a share better than today's difficulty.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

yyy.worker1 (1THs) - 0.05% block ~0.01 btc
zzz.worker1 (1THs) - found block (= yyy.worker1(0.05%)) ~ 0.01 btc ?
Yeah those two number may produce the same result, but the actual result changes over time.
If the pool was always 100% lucky, the pool hash rate stayed where it is now, and your hash rate stayed constant, then the block % would also equal your payout % every time.
If the pool hash rate average changes or your hash rate average changes, then they wont be equal.

The basic mining rules (ignoring difficulty changes) are:
If your average hash rate goes up/down, you expect to average more/less BTC per day (yeah that's not 'per block')
If the pool hash rate goes up/down the pool expects to average more/less blocks per day.

However at the block level, if the expected blocks per day goes up (coz the pool hash rate went up), that would also mean that the expected payout per block, for the same hash rate, will go down - since your hash rate hasn't changed, just the pool's hash rate has changed - which is now expected to find more blocks to pay the increase in shares submitted. Your expected daily reward is still the same for the same hash rate, but now since there are expected more blocks per day, your average payout per block will drop to counter balance that.

The thing that determines the effect on your daily average you receive, if you have a constant hash rate, is the pool's "luck".
While your hash rate is the same and the pool's hash rate is the same, you get the same reward per block
If the pool's luck is above/below 100%, that means there are more/less blocks found than expected, so your average daily reward goes up/down (again due to there being more/less blocks found than expected)

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:56:49 AM

Another block!
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:43:03 AM

384724 (Main Chain)    2015-11-22 01:44:00    0000000000000000102564492d78838b852eab19e527fc07dae931c88afb97ce   at 76.072%
384498 (Main Chain)    2015-11-20 19:15:26    0000000000000000041dabfdc7d31bc68ad589556404d973d960d799af4d7246

party time!!! Tongue
PPOC

Activity: 575

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:38:13 AM

384724 (Main Chain)    2015-11-22 01:44:00    0000000000000000102564492d78838b852eab19e527fc07dae931c88afb97ce   at 76.072%
384498 (Main Chain)    2015-11-20 19:15:26    0000000000000000041dabfdc7d31bc68ad589556404d973d960d799af4d7246

party time!!! Tongue

party time is right!

Bitcoin Difficulty:   65,848,255,180
Estimated Next Difficulty:   72,643,178,782 (+10.32%)

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:53:36 AM

Congrats Capn and BTCWoman it is nice hitting multiple blocks per day with the smaller hash we have, and I think it is like a nice family reunion on thanksgiving.
If thanksgiving were more about us making money and patting each other on the back for it Smiley
Thinking a bit more it does indeed sound like a pretty funky great Turkey Day. Maybe the new Chicken is Turkey, Bock Bock  Tongue

Load up the Frozen Turkey blaster and lets start blowin more blocks away. GG

The estimated diff increase is looking blasted bad, so may as well do it up now.

Lets see what we can get going with some playing around with hash tonight  Lips sealed

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: