Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:23:25 PM

So whats the deal with BCX? What has he said recently after nothing happened?  Roll Eyes

whati  don't get is why risto didn't take the 500btc bet

I can think of 2 reasons:

1) information asymmetry.  Risto couldn't possibly know what BCX knows and doesn't know.  

2) Risto could have wisely realized that his 500BTC might have financed the attack.  No bet maybe equals no attack.

how would that 500BTC finance the attack? it would be put in escrow ofcourse just as BCX his 500BTC
meaning that BCX could use 500BTC less for his atack wich might make him actually weaker.. depending on how deep his pockets are..

He meant that BCX would probably use his other BTC to fund the attack in order to win the 500 BTC bet

So how would Risto's 500 finance the attack then? ofcourse BCX would have to use his other BTC to fund the atttack.. he can't use the 500BTC that are in escrow.

Or are you saying that when BCX would have gone "all in" Risto would have taken the bet??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:26:59 PM

So whats the deal with BCX? What has he said recently after nothing happened?  Roll Eyes

Looks like he's turning his attention to attacking DigitalCoin (DGC) now.

An easy target. Useless coin with no hashrate to speak of. Vanilla 51% after DDoSing a few pools would be enough for it.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:34:19 PM

So whats the deal with BCX? What has he said recently after nothing happened?  Roll Eyes

1) information asymmetry.  Risto couldn't possibly know what BCX knows and doesn't know.  

2) Risto could have wisely realized that his 500BTC might have financed the attack.  No bet maybe equals no attack.

how would that 500BTC finance the attack? it would be put in escrow ofcourse just as BCX his 500BTC
meaning that BCX could use 500BTC less for his atack wich might make him actually weaker.. depending on how deep his pockets are..

He meant that BCX would probably use his other BTC to fund the attack in order to win the 500 BTC bet

So how would Risto's 500 finance the attack then? ofcourse BCX would have to use his other BTC to fund the atttack.. he can't use the 500BTC that are in escrow.

Or are you saying that when BCX would have gone "all in" Risto would have taken the bet??

I didn't mean that. Let's say BCX has 1000 BTC, he bets 500 BTC with risto. So 500 is locked up in escrow now. He could use 300 of his remaining BTC to fund the attack now. If the attack succeeds he gets his 500 BTC back out of escrow, plus the 500 from Risto and still has 200 BTC remaining. Which would gain him 200 BTC. I hope you get it now.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
tattooist

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:45:31 PM

I didn't mean that. Let's say BCX has 1000 BTC, he bets 500 BTC with risto. So 500 is locked up in escrow now. He could use 300 of his remaining BTC to fund the attack now. If the attack succeeds he gets his 500 BTC back out of escrow, plus the 500 from Risto and still has 200 BTC remaining. Which would gain him 200 BTC. I hope you get it now.

thats the idea of a bet..one wins the other one looses..if he would have lost the bet he would be down 800BTC (using your 300BTC funding for the attack)

Risto's 500BTC would only finance the atack if BCX would win Roll Eyes so using your theory Risto knew BCX could/would win?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 09:46:00 PM

Looks like he's turning his attention to attacking DigitalCoin (DGC) now.

An easy target. Useless coin with no hashrate to speak of. Vanilla 51% after DDoSing a few pools would be enough for it.
Depending on the goals of BCX beyond Stoli on tap, that might be rational.
Once all coins implement the innovations XMR put in to reduce the fear of an attack from its users, the efficacy of TW attacks (and even merely fear of attack) diminishes.
Further I suspect that the XMR devs have additional buttressing in store in many areas, not just this one.  The coin gets more secure with each commit.

For those of us who fiat cost value invest at regular time intervals, and hold, this whole ordeal has been an unexpected gift.
A small one from BCX (bringing price down for buyers), and a big one from the XMR devs (further insuring the long term viability of XMR).

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 09:52:49 PM

thats the idea of a bet..one wins the other one looses..if he would have lost the bet he would be down 800BTC (using your 300BTC funding for the attack)

Risto's 500BTC would only finance the atack if BCX would win Roll Eyes so using your theory Risto knew BCX could/would win?

You are somewhat missing the point.   If Risto's interests are in the security and stability of XMR (aside from personal wealth, his reputation is on the line), there is negative benefit from taking the bet and creating an external incentive for attacking.

And...  which of us make 500BTC wagers on a hunch and a hope and no analysis against someone who has surprised us with that opportunity and presumably has had the opportunity for their own analysis?

So...  BCX certainly couldn't have expected it to be accepted under the conditions offered, but making it served to add gravity and bravado to the threat.

Therefore, you ought ignore the offer of the bet in your analysis, it is immaterial.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
tattooist

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:19:51 PM

You are somewhat missing the point.   If Risto's interests are in the security and stability of XMR (aside from personal wealth, his reputation is on the line), there is negative benefit from taking the bet and creating an external incentive for attacking.

And...  which of us make 500BTC wagers on a hunch and a hope and no analysis against someone who has surprised us with that opportunity and presumably has had the opportunity for their own analysis?

So...  BCX certainly couldn't have expected it to be accepted under the conditions offered, but making it served to add gravity and bravado to the threat.

Therefore, you ought ignore the offer of the bet in your analysis, it is immaterial.

I tottaly agree with your conclusion, the bet was out of brovado and never to be taking serious

but using the excuse that Risto would be afraid of financing the actual attack is nonsense in my opinion ,for all we know BCX might loose the bet and be out off 800BTC (using DEBRUYNE's 300BTC attack fund as example)

ahh well we just have to wait and see how this turns out eventually...is it gonna be like AUR or more like LTC..
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:53:44 PM

Going on 10 and 11 days and still nothing from BCX of actual substance concerning the supposed "exploit" and "attack"?

Gee what a surprise...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The XMR price is so low, the hash rate is so high. Does it indicate something like active attack is going on?

I don't think so.

I called it as I saw it that BCX was just hott air when it came to an actual legitimate exploit to the XMR protocol. Look at his history of "attacking" Litecoin in 2012. Not much different outcome.

I said 22 days for it to come through, this is day 11.

Do numbers confuse you?

So if you're so sure then why don't you put up the 500 BTC and take the BCX challenge?

You definitely have the funds.

Let's throw some more skin in the arena too shall we.

Take the challenge and as well let's throw our accounts into the mix too.

The winner takes all, 500 BTC and each other's account.

So if you decline consider yourself PWND by BCX, STFU and anything you say from this point is pretty much invalid.

You talk the talk, can you walk the walk?

~BCX~

Oh snap smoothie,

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Xing4

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:58:13 PM

Going on 10 and 11 days and still nothing from BCX of actual substance concerning the supposed "exploit" and "attack"?

The XMR price is so low, the hash rate is so high. Does it indicate something like active attack is going on?

I don't think so.

I called it as I saw it that BCX was just hott air when it came to an actual legitimate exploit to the XMR protocol. Look at his history of "attacking" Litecoin in 2012. Not much different outcome.

Do numbers confuse you?

So if you're so sure then why don't you put up the 500 BTC and take the BCX challenge?

So if you decline consider yourself PWND by BCX, STFU and anything you say from this point is pretty much invalid.

(Where's Spoetnik and his GW Bush eating a cat meme when you need it)

~BCX~

No one believes you

You are just BullShit and hot air

You won't crash Monero market with more lies

No one is going to put 500 BTC on a bet so you can expend 900 BTC to buy hashpower and do a 51% attack and "walk away" with 100 BTC

You are going to jail.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:59:48 PM

If he's not accepting I'll bet 1 BTC against you.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:03:16 PM

I don't think so.

Do numbers confuse you?

~BCX~

You said repeatedly that you had no interest in attacking Monero.

You said there was an exploit involving the ring signatures that would allow you to empty peoples wallets.  Your current TW seems not to be related to that.

You said that the results of the TW would start to be seen in 2 days.  You then provided proof of that happening that was not proof.

Then you said 22 days.

So please excuse us if we are confused.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:10:28 PM

but using the excuse that Risto would be afraid of financing the actual attack is nonsense in my opinion ,for all we know BCX might loose the bet and be out off 800BTC (using DEBRUYNE's 300BTC attack fund as example)

I believe you're intentionally playing dumb.

Assuming BCX knows he can successfully attack, he may not want to pay for the hash power to do it unless Risto takes the bet (guaranteeing his money back). So yes, in that case Risto's money would fund the attack.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:13:28 PM

Really don't understand people coming up with 10 days, 11 days etc.  It was to start 3 days after the 20th which means it would have started on the 23rd.  We're now on day 8, not 10 or 11.  Jeez.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Xing4

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:16:44 PM

I don't think so.

Do numbers confuse you?

~BCX~

You said there was an exploit involving the ring signatures that would allow you to empty peoples wallets.  Your current TW seems not to be related to that.

You said that the results of the TW would start to be seen in 2 days.  You then provided proof of that happening that was not proof.

Then you said 22 days.

Time will tell won't it?

@Xing,

Interesting, haven't thought of that reason to "punk out" and not take the challenge but you do have a point.

I don't have to spend 900 BTC on hashpower.

~BCX~

Of course you haven't, you are a Moron, let alone discover an exploit on real code.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:21:46 PM

I don't think so.

Do numbers confuse you?

~BCX~

Then you said 22 days.

Time will tell won't it?

~BCX~

I guess that was my point.  Time has told which is the source of our confusion.

Another poster just questioned which day we are on.  Could you please let us know the correct number as to reduce our confusion?

(((<<<~~~nioc~~~>>>)))
ButtcoinEXpress

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:26:29 PM

Of course you haven't, you are a Moron, let alone discover an exploit on real code.

I always get a laugh out of your newbie accounts too fearful of BCX to post under your primary names LOL

~BCX~

i ain't scared
Xing4

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:27:52 PM

I always get a laugh out of your newbie accounts too fearful of BCX to post under your primary names LOL

~BCX~

Who in the world would fear you !??

I have no other accounts on this cesspit, I'm just someone that knows too much about you foryour own good.

Keep playing big, thats all you can do "LOL"
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:28:37 PM

What I don't understand is why BCX's behavior is even tolerated on this forum. It's one thing to have an attack and to actually use it (which would be beneficial), or disclose it (also beneficial). It's another story to stomp around and threaten to steal/destroy people's investments for weeks at a time.
ButtcoinEXpress

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:33:34 PM

What I don't understand is why BCX's behavior is even tolerated on this forum. It's one thing to have an attack and to actually use it (which would be beneficial), or disclose it (also beneficial). It's another story to stomp around and threaten to steal/destroy people's investments for weeks at a time.

you're talking about a forum where people openly buy & sell hero accounts o.O
Xing4

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:34:48 PM

I know for a fact
BCX is mad he coudn't crash Monero like he wanted. He will milk the fear for as long as he can.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: