Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218399 times)
gemm

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:54:55 AM

@cablepair
If you would like to convert your un-shipped ModMiner Quad order to a bASIC order please email me to arrange this.

Well, i emailed you serveral days ago for a order conversion from one single MMQ to one bASIC and did not receive a reply. My MMQ order is still pending and i kindly request a confirmation for the conversion before it could eventually ship this weekend. As you are hard to reach these days, i post my request in the forum now. Order to cancel is #231 from 24/08/2012. bASIC has already been ordered by me also.
thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:59:44 AM

It seems that the site loads javascript from stripe that submits the credit card information over https directly to stripe.
Of course, that's not actually secure unless the original page is served over https: too, because an attacker could inject their own Javascript that syphons off the credit card information.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:16:25 AM

Credit card databases are stolen all the time. Almost as often as Bitcoin wallets.
How would a website with SSL certificate help in this case?

I think his point is that it wouldn't. But rather, that at least having an SSL cert will put the average customers mind at ease.
  • man in the middle attacks are easy (just sit near open wifis or crack those that aren't protected enough and let the Mac spoofing redirect all web trafic to a content rewriting proxy),
  • there is a market for credit card details (just use google)
So how long before a rewriting rule tailored for btcfpga.com checkout is written for the automated man-in-the-middle tools used by black hats or script kiddies?

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
doobeedoo

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:34:05 AM

just signed in for google-wallet and tried to buy one basic.
unfortunately i can't find a google-checkout-button on the site. Cry
by clicking the google-wallet-accepted-button i just see some info to btcfpga.

is there something i have missed?
or does it just work with mobile-apps?
cablepair (OP)

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 07:07:39 PM

Because of the security concerns people have expressed, I have purchased an SSL cert from Trustwave ssl

I will let you know when its installed

Google checkout has been removed due to problems with their callback API - when i get it fixed it will be back online

You can still securely pay with Bitcoin, Dwolla, and my regular Credit Card Processor, for those who require the extra security stay tuned for our SSL to be up and running.

thanks!

gemm

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:09:34 PM

....still waiting for conversion of my MMQ order. Can you comment on this please ?
Would be unpleasant to reverse that, as i come from europe.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 08:35:30 PM

....still waiting for conversion of my MMQ order. Can you comment on this please ?
Would be unpleasant to reverse that, as i come from europe.

please send me email right now with your order number and I will take care of it

tom@btcfpga.com

thank you
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 10:05:52 PM

Hey I just want to thank Tom publicly for all the work he's put into the fpga project to bring a really solid product to the market.  I found btcfpga.com the day it went live and right away made a pretty big $$ bet that Tom would come through.  As customers, we've had our ups & downs waiting for delivery - but Tom has worked tirelessly to fulfill orders and make good on his promises.

The MMQ is looking and working better than ever.  When Tom saw problems happening with his engineering partner, he moved quickly to let him out of the commitment, getting as much hardware back as possible, and then did what he could to satisfy waiting customers.  This includes taking losses due to faulty firmware that fried some of the earliest customer cards.  His RMA policy has always been "Send it back to me immediately and I will replace it immediately."

He made a quick decision to move to professional assembly in order to guarantee that the product deliver in a shorter time with maximum quality. When Tom ran into supply problems for fpgas, instead of just shrugging and making apologies, he spent countless hours on the phone until he found a solid source that can actually deliver.  None of this includes the time and money he spent just to get to PCB stage.

The firmware and available mining software needed to evolve with the product in order to scale.  Unforeseen issues with Windows drivers, USB hub compatibilities and the original firmware issues have created problems achieving max hashrate.  To remedy this Tom again made the choice in the customer's favor by enlisting top developer talent to rewrite the firmware, solve USB driver issues and maximize hashrates - keep in mind he's paying for development on open source software.  In fact, he continues to pay for further development with eyes towards even higher rates and compatibility with hotter bitstreams.  Every one of these decisions has gone against his bottom line profit and has been 100% in favor of the customer. 

As a customer I have the choice of where to buy, and where to make my ASIC bets too.  I'd rather have my ASIC pre-sale money sitting with Tom than anywhere else at this point.  He's demonstrated many times over that he is trustworthy and ethical in his business dealings.  Sure, he's aggressive and sets some pretty tough goals - its what motivated, driven, risk-taking entrepreneurs do.  You can choose to hitch a ride or not - its up to you.

Full disclosure: I've never personally met Tom, I don't work for him,  I didn't get paid to write this.  I'm just a customer and a big fan of what he's trying to do Cheesy

Cheers,
buzzdave

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 12:02:52 AM

Hooray for competition! I wish you - and all your customers - luck in your ASIC ventures.
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:04:56 AM

cablepair, can you comment on this whole fab thing? (especially what "ttul" said)
Can you? Wink

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:55:26 PM

cablepair, can you comment on this whole fab thing? (especially what "ttul" said)
Can you? Wink

Hi Tom,

Can you also help us understand how you've funded development up to this point. I've heard that at 130nm process, just the mask and shared wafer run could be upwards of a couple hundred thousand dollars. How have you come up with these funds?

Thanks,
gigavps
purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 01:18:03 PM

Hi Tom,

Can you also help us understand how you've funded development up to this point. I've heard that at 130nm process, just the mask and shared wafer run could be upwards of a couple hundred thousand dollars. How have you come up with these funds?

Thanks,
gigavps

Since he's not a public company, he doesn't need to reveal his investors or methods of funding.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 01:29:54 PM

Since he's not a public company, he doesn't need to reveal his investors or methods of funding.

You are absolutely right. I was hoping that Tom would want to one up his competition in the "sharing information" department.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 02:57:32 PM

Can you? Wink

Hi Tom,

Thanks,
gigavps

What you have heard is absolute bullshit, and what you are trying to do is absolute bullshit. Trying to act all nice while at the same time discredit me. Guess what James you are not the all powerful judge and jury of the Bitcoin community, and this whole passive aggressive crap you are trying to pull is really annoying.

Not that it is any of your business but this  bASIC project was partially funded by a very well known lender in the Bitcoin lenders syndicate and partially by profits from ModMiner Quad sales.

To other people you just look like a shill to BFL but the truth is people these are personal attacks from gigavps it has nothing to do with BFL, infact I am cool with BFL. Gigavps and I have had problems with eachother for months, and he is personally going out of his way to cause me problems.

I manufacture and sell high efficiency Bitcoin mining equipment. I have been doing so for months, the ModMiner Quad has done very well in sales but is a product that will soon become obsolete. This is the next step in my business to bring it to the next level with a Cell ASIC SHA256 hashing core.

Now James Gibson (gigavps) everyone knows you don't like me. Everyone knows your opinion in this matter, you have expressed it and I am going to let it go without further reaction. However please keep this in mind for your future posts both in this thread and in others. I am not going to be bullied by you anymore and I am not going to allow you to commit Slander and Defamation against myself and my business any longer. You are spreading information that you have no proof of simply to discredit me and my business and in your state of Florida and my state of New York that is criminal libel and is a first-degree misdemeanor.

Nothing would please me more than to see you as a defendant in court, but I am willing to move forward - you expressed yourself and your opinions and that is fine, but if you continue your slanderous remarks to try and discredit me and harm my business I will move forward with legal action. I am not joking.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:05:46 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 06:25:32 PM by gigavps

Now James Gibson (gigavps) everyone knows you don't like me. Everyone knows your opinion in this matter, you have expressed it and I am going to let it go without further reaction. However please keep this in mind for your future posts both in this thread and in others. I am not going to be bullied by you anymore and I am not going to allow you to commit Slander and Defamation against myself and my business any longer. You are spreading information that you have no proof of simply to discredit me and my business and in your state of Florida and my state of New York that is criminal libel and is a first-degree misdemeanor.

Nothing would please me more than to see you as a defendant in court, but I am willing to move forward - you expressed yourself and your opinions and that is fine, but if you continue your slanderous remarks to try and discredit me and harm my business I will move forward with legal action. I am not joking.

Hi Tom,

I'm a bit confused. Where have a Slandered or Defamed you or your business? I believe I have asked two questions to date in your thread.

1. You said you have a working protoype, I simply asked for video proof.
2. I was wondering how you funded the development of your ASIC product.

I have given you the opportunity to open and transparent with the community.

Your reactions to my questions are very telling though.

Good luck,
gigavps

EDIT: Tom, it seems you are mad and I'm sorry you feel this way. I will leave your thread.
purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:10:43 PM

Hi Tom,

I'm a bit confused. Where have a Slandered or Defamed you or your business? I believe I have asked two questions to date in your thread.

1. You said you have a working protoype, I simply asked for video proof.
2. I was wondering how you funded the development of your ASIC product.

I have given you the opportunity to open and transparent with the community.

Your reactions to my questions are very telling though.

Good luck,
gigavps

Give it up. That dog won't hunt. Leave Tom alone, you've asked him the same questions over and over again in multiple threads. He has declined to answer them multiple times. That's his prerogative as a private business owner.

Let it lie.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:20:50 PM

cablepair, can you answer my question? If you say that you don't want to, that's fine for me (I will not ask again), but please either answer or say you don't want to.
(You can also answer via PM, I'll keep it to myself, if that's worth anything to you)

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:14:06 PM

Credit card databases are stolen all the time. Almost as often as Bitcoin wallets.
How would a website with SSL certificate help in this case?

Not sure if this helps. SSL Certificate Authentication. Strong Secure Sockets Layer Https Encryption for Network Security helps secure communications between two parties, by not having the details/traffic broadcast in clear text. It also helps to identify that the customers/user are doing business with the expected company at their website.

But as far as Credit Card information being stolen,

With Internet order businesses, make it a policy to never have the full Credit Card Number - Just the last 4 in any database or document.

Use a credit card that will give you peace of mind service.

http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/corporategiving/peace_of_mind.html

Also Ship Only to the Billing Address

Particularly for Internet or mail order businesses, make it a policy to ship only to the customer's billing address that matches what is on file with the issuer of the credit card.

Fraudulent card users will illegally obtain a consumer's credit card and billing address and then specify to ship to a different address.

If there is a discrepancy contact the consumer and ask to provide some additional verification or identification to complete the transaction.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 08:14:49 PM

FYI:

I have purchased a premium EV SSL Certificate (green address bar thingy) Tongue with the full encryption

Had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and send them a copy of my DBA etc

as soon as its approved (hoping early this week)

it will be live.

Thanks to everyone who pointed this out to me.

-Tom
gurki

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:43:20 PM

FYI:

I have purchased a premium EV SSL Certificate (green address bar thingy) Tongue with the full encryption

Had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and send them a copy of my DBA etc

as soon as its approved (hoping early this week)

it will be live.

Thanks to everyone who pointed this out to me.

-Tom

Hope to see the google wallet option return.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: