Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 243293 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:15:13 AM

This may be a stupid questions, but I cant find a clear answer in the OP.

As an early investor (I invested in the 1st day of ICO) will I receive the 6000 bro per btc?

thank you in advance.

That's the plan. It should be 6300, or 6600, IMO.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:16:43 AM

48 hours is too short a period of time, hardly enough to get the BTC to you on time. Why the rush?

The 6000 Bro per BTC have 6000 Bergstake, right?

For Jay- How does Bergstake behaves when mining, does high number of bergstake have preference over small numbers like in the NEXT case?

Thanks!

We are only offering 6000 BRO per btc for a 48 hour period to give others a sufficient chance to buy-in at the bonus level.  After that period, we will be offering 3000 BRO per btc until the "coins sale" closes or we reach a sufficient number of btc needed to complete the project.  We will close the sale early once if we reach that number early, we do not want to accept any more btc than necessary to finish and showcase the products.

Do you suggest a longer period than 48 hours?

Given the announcement was just made, I think 5 days is more reasonable for the flash sale @6000 BRO per btc.

As Barabbas said, most people get paid at the end of the month, and the 31st Oct, is still 4 days away.

We are all ears, we are taking all the feedback into consideration and are leaning toward extending the bonus period to allow others time to take advantage of the extra coins being made available. 

-- I believe you should extend the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO + 6,000 bergstake until the end of the ICO.  After that, the market will determine the price of BRO.

-- Since there very limited specific information, I am going to assume that there will be only 10 million bergstake, ever. Now, Jay is that enough to keep a safe network operational? If it will be safely operational, I would reduce the bergstake to 500,000 BRO per year to keep it interesting in term of % of interest (5% on average), not be a deal breaker for the small investors and reduce the inflation rate of the coin.

-- But I still believe this is rushed, horribly timed and although I am aware that significant investment in time, perhaps minimum guarantees and work has already been done, there are still too many loopholes, chief among which is a testable working platform, at least on Alpha state. Other considerations such a permits and insurance should also be contemplated. The sheer magnitude of the project deserves such considerations, especially expectying the quite generous valuation you are giving to the whole project.

Just my opinion.
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 05:21:53 AM

actually this wont work.. we need block signers. we can give interest in addition to block reward... but thats besides the point.

pob - requires a single block signer, and the reward is the incentive. we can make reward just transaction fees and give out the 1 million in interest, i suppose.. but i still feel like the coin will be more secure with the added incentive of large block rewards.

You misunderstand. What I mean is that you earn your interest when you are lucky enough to sign a block.

Each Bergstake share, no matter what the size as long as it is above some threshold, gets the can sign a block if it wins the lottery for a given block. Upon signing the block it gets a constant block reward times a stake multiplier proportional to the size of the Bergstake share.

That keeps micro-investors from signing a lot of blocks for tiny rewards. It allows small time investors to have a chance at earnings on their stake, and rewards big investors proportionally.

[edit]

And when I help a team that I can convince to use Bergstake for a coin, that's what I'm going to talk them into doing.

is that how Nxt works? this is a bit different. will show some pseudo-code asap.

the more bergstake the higher the probability of winning the lottery. the number of digits in the lottery gets smaller. the reward is always the same. and yes, micro-investors also have .01 bergstake, and can play the lotto 24/7 , probably better odds then power ball!

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
tx42

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:23:57 AM

-- I believe you should extend the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO + 6,000 bergstake until the end of the ICO.  After that, the market will determine the price of BRO.

The ICO effectively extends until all the coins allotted for it have sold. If they don't tier pricing until those coins are gone, then the only investment strategy is wait and see. But with a wait and see market, funds never become available to achieve the development goals. People end up waiting to see for ever and the project never releases.

tx42

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:28:01 AM

is that how Nxt works? this is a bit different. will show some pseudo-code asap.

the more bergstake the higher the probability of winning the lottery. the number of digits in the lottery gets smaller. the reward is always the same. and yes, micro-investors also have .01 bergstake, and can play the lotto 24/7 , probably better odds then power ball!

I don't know how NXT works. But if the investment proportionality comes in at the block reward, then the way I describe is the way to do it.

Making the chances to sign a block based on the size of the Bergstake share works just as well. The only problem is that small-time-investors will be split into two groups: lottery winners and also-rans.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:36:21 AM

The ICO effectively extends until all the coins allotted for it have sold. If they don't tier pricing until those coins are gone, then the only investment strategy is wait and see. But with a wait and see market, funds never become available to achieve the development goals. People end up waiting to see for ever and the project never releases.

Obviously I am on the other side of that fence. In my favor that only minimal investment has come so far, I believe in part because people need time to get their minds around the entire concept, perhaps do some research of gaming sites, accumulate BTC, etc. Although I am aware that this project is different, Ethereum did not put any pressure in time and the money came flooding. So did for SuperNET. I am quite convinced that adequately presented to the crypto community this will be fully subscribed before the original ICO period is over. People should be rushed by the fear not to be on time to benefit from the IPO price because people would buy all available coins/bergstake, NOT because the devs need a quarter of a million dollars to finish a working platform.

I could be wrong, of course
tx42

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:42:12 AM

Obviously I am on the other side of that fence. In my favor that only minimal investment has come so far, I believe in part because people need time to get their minds around the entire concept, perhaps do some research of gaming sites, accumulate BTC, etc. Although I am aware that this project is different, Ethereum did not put any pressure in time and the money came flooding. So did for SuperNET. I am quite convinced that adequately presented to the crypto community this will be fully subscribed before the original ICO period is over. People should be rushed by the fear not to be on time to benefit from the IPO price because people would buy all available coins/bergstake, NOT because the devs need a quarter of a million dollars to finish a working platform.

I could be wrong, of course

It's implicit that they are coming to the crypto community for seed money. It's a high risk, but if you look at their ICO structure, potentially high reward.

brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:11:48 AM

Thanks so much for all constructive feedbacks and please keep them coming.  We count on you!
bitarri

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:30:27 AM

48 hours is too short a period of time, hardly enough to get the BTC to you on time. Why the rush?

For Jay- How does Bergstake behaves when mining, does high number of bergstake have preference over small numbers like in the NEXT case?

Thanks!

We are only offering 6000 BRO per btc for a 48 hour period to give others a sufficient chance to buy-in at the bonus level.  After that period, we will be offering 3000 BRO per btc until the "coins sale" closes or we reach a sufficient number of btc needed to complete the project.  We will close the sale early once if we reach that number early, we do not want to accept any more btc than necessary to finish and showcase the products.

Given the announcement was just made, I think 5 days is more reasonable for the flash sale @6000 BRO per btc.

As Barabbas said, most people get paid at the end of the month, and the 31st Oct, is still 4 days away.

We are all ears, we are taking all the feedback into consideration and are leaning toward extending the bonus period to allow others time to take advantage of the extra coins being made available. 

-- I believe you should extend the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO + 6,000 bergstake until the end of the ICO.

. I'm sorry Barabbas but that's not fair to early investors.
. Where is the incentive to early investors if they extend the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO until the end of the ICO Huh
. Why would I invest my BTC now, while you enjoy investing your BTC elsewhere for the next 22 days, then come back here to invest in Breakoutcoin at the last day of the ICO Huh

. 2 to 5 days is more than enough to allow anyone to take part of the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO, especially with end of month payrolls coming in 4 days.

. Time to exit from your other investments if you're really serious about this one ...
tx42

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:59:59 AM

If we make multiple payments to the ICO separated in time, will the Bergstake be split among those payments, or lumped?

BreakoutGaming

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:09:16 AM

If we make multiple payments to the ICO separated in time, will the Bergstake be split among those payments, or lumped?

Please the the "re-use wallet" tool available on breakoutcoin.com.  This way you will make sure all your Bergstake will be in one wallet and private key.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:14:45 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 08:46:19 AM by jaybny

-- there is an option to "reuse breakout-wallet" on the https://www.breakoutcoin.com  page

-- or you can just send directly from the same bitcoin wallet and address to the exodus address: 33Bghpzm4pgbSRgnqS63ZBf6dnSjbGc6Sf

so its really up to you. you can split it, and manage multiple wallets. or use one wallet. there are reasons some may want multiple addresses. but its easier, and originally there was a built in incentive to only have one wallet. we were going to implement additional complexity into bergstaking with multiple wallets, to avoid bot-net attacks.. but now there is no mo mining so no mo problems

Code:
100% POB == no pow == all good 

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:19:10 AM

Thanks!

-- I believe you should extend the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO + 6,000 bergstake until the end of the ICO.

. Where is the incentive to early investors if they extend the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO until the end of the ICO Huh
. Why would I invest my BTC now, while you enjoy investing your BTC elsewhere for the next 22 days, then come back here to invest in Breakoutcoin at the last day of the ICO Huh

. 2 to 5 days is more than enough to allow anyone to take part of the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO, especially with end of month payrolls coming in 4 days.

. Time to exit from your other investments if you're really serious about this one ...

In my opinion the only incentive should be to get in at the ICO price before if sells out. That should be enough of an incentive. Coming in the first of the 100th should be completely irrelevant, as long as there's supply.

It isn't a matter of convenience for investors, it is a matter of reaching objectives for the issuers of the ICO.
Mayhem007

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:40:21 AM

Thanks!

In my opinion the only incentive should be to get in at the ICO price before if sells out. That should be enough of an incentive. Coming in the first of the 100th should be completely irrelevant, as long as there's supply.

It isn't a matter of convenience for investors, it is a matter of reaching objectives for the issuers of the ICO.

i vote 5-7 days
bitarri

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:10:30 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 08:24:26 AM by bitarri

Thanks!

The Devs' objective is clear from the announcement: ". Raise a modest amount to finish the software (250K) ...". They also indicated that ICO will close if that $250K (or 700 BTC) is raised: "If we reach the amount of funds necessary to complete software, we will close the "coin sale" until we release and make software available to the public."

Everyone can see that only 102 BTC has been raised so far, hence the general consensus of "Wait until last day of ICO and See" attitude that plagued the first week of this ICO.

I'm glad the Devs announced the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO to encourage people to take more Venture Risk, to accelerate the fundraising process.

If anything, Devs should make the announcement (or changes) Firm & Final, then broadcast it on multiple social media channels, Press releases, Blog articles, etc, to create a sense of urgency outside this thread.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 08:28:37 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 08:41:39 AM by jaybny

Thanks!

The Devs' objective is clear from the announcement: ". Raise a modest amount to finish the software (250K) ...". They also indicated that ICO will close if that $250K (or 700 BTC) is raised: "If we reach the amount of funds necessary to complete software, we will close the "coin sale" until we release and make software available to the public."

Everyone can see that only 102 BTC has been raised so far, hence the general consensus of "Wait until last day of ICO and See" attitude that plagued the first week of this ICO.

I'm glad the Devs announced the "bonus price" of 1BTC = 6,000 BRO to encourage people to take more Venture Risk, to accelerate the fundraising process.

If anything, Devs should make the announcement (or changes) Firm & Final, then broadcast it on multiple social media channels, Press releases, Blog articles, etc, to create a sense of urgency outside this thread.
++

i would actually like to use bitcoin block numbers instead of time as a deadline.

anyone have a link to convert future time to estimated block number? edit. i guess its just 
Code:
 duration_minutes/10 + current_block_num 

blue_wave

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:07:41 AM

I agree 100%.

There should be big incentive for early investor so current decision makes it right. I would change bonus time 6000=1BTC to 4-5 days though, so now everyone can revaluate and have time to gather some BTCs.

Otherwise, love how you handled situation!
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:59:38 AM

Thanks!

NO WAY!

Leave the non believers cry  Wink, they are complaining now for not getting a bonus? WTF?
Even 48 hours bonus is too much.

"We need that, we don't believe that, give us a business plan, another scam.... OH, Look there is a bonus....EXTEND THE PERIOD!!!"

Throw away that idea of extending the bonus period already. It's just silly to listen to such complains. They had 7+ Days to make up their mind already.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:15:13 PM

Whatever "bonus" period that you are considering for the ICO (next 24, 48 hours, 5 days), I would suggest that those already invested, get a better reward. In the switch from the previous scheme, it is not correct that the earlier investors loose their edge entirely versus those investing today/tomorrow.

Perhaps 6.000 BRO per BTC for those already invested before the plans were adjusted, then 5.000 BRO per BTC for the bonus time window (next 48 hours is perfectly reasonable). Or even 6.600/6.000 (10% early bird reward) for example.

Best of luck!

canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:44:28 PM

are you going to introduce bro coin to the vegas gambling casino's?  if so how are you going to do this and if not. why not?  or is this just an online gambling thing?  also after the ico will this be mineable? thanks  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: