Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:03:12 PM

No salary this year?

Btw, your Martti blog is awesome, keep up the good work

I haven't had time to promote the L3 to L4, which has delayed the salary as well.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 04:26:01 PM

This project has been really fun to watch evolve.

When I have time, one day I will definitely open an account and try and own some land in Crypto Kingdom Smiley

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:52:57 PM

When I have time, one day I will definitely open an account and try and own some land in Crypto Kingdom Smiley

If you want land, the time to buy it is just NOW! Everyone is tired and overextended and you can buy a chaperly (15,000 sqm) for 1,000 XMR, and smaller lots as well, really affordable prices. We made the decision to limit the size of CryptoTown to 225 chapelries (of which only part is buildable land), so in some time, all will be taken. The town consol rates indicate that the trust that the game will continue, is high: 32.5% per realyear. So in the case you think the game will stay, you have plenty of good investments: land, CKG, CON, collectibles, NPC, and soon: Buildings!

Just contact saddambitcoin to have a FOC set up for you!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:56:22 PM

If you want land, the time to buy it is just NOW! Everyone is tired and overextended and you can buy a chaperly (15,000 sqm) for 1,000 XMR, and smaller lots as well, really affordable prices. We made the decision to limit the size of CryptoTown to 225 chapelries (of which only part is buildable land), so in some time, all will be taken. The town consol rates indicate that the trust that the game will continue, is high: 32.5% per realyear. So in the case you think the game will stay, you have plenty of good investments: land, CKG, CON, collectibles, NPC, and soon: Buildings!

The ideal investment for a non-player is S-HODL. Full reinvestment of dividends with no ongoing management required.

As simple as 1-2-3:

1. Buy
2. HODL
3. Profit?
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:27:50 PM

Fur clothing conversion deadline is approaching, at midnight GMT, in 9.5 hours.
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 02:55:18 PM

The ideal investment for a non-player is S-HODL. Full reinvestment of dividends with no ongoing management required.

As simple as 1-2-3:

1. Buy
2. HODL
3. Profit?

This all sounds pretty interesting.

How does S-HODL work?

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:19:29 PM

Looking to sell my account or assets in this game. PM me or hit me up on here and we can talk about fair price, and escrow. my name in game is, Cryptoknight.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:50:46 PM

Looking to sell my account or assets in this game. PM me or hit me up on here and we can talk about fair price, and escrow. my name in game is, Cryptoknight.

Did you move your asset to a new character? When I tried looking at your items (https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/95), I just see some windows and stone.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:55:25 PM

As simple as 1-2-3:

1. Buy
2. HODL
3. Profit?

This all sounds pretty interesting.

How does S-HODL work?

It invests in the "Town" assets (CON and CKG) which are something akin to debt and equity in the game itself. Both pay dividends (generally every week or two), which the HODL fund reinvests. As a passive FOC investor holding S-HODL, you stand to profit from the success the game (hopefully!) without needing to even log into your account.

Since the liquidity is currently limited (due to the small size of the game and player base) the best way to buy S-HODL at a fair market price is to PM me or jump into ##crypto-kingdom on freenode and find me there. I list new shares of S-HODL at market from time and upon request.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:32:44 PM

The great moth has feasted, and some suits were randomly destroyed. This happens every three years (I think). Given that being found without clothes, or without clothes fitting your station, leads to a fine, I encourage everyone to double check whether they're good on that front. Clothes of all types are available for sale from town, and players may also list clothes there, so get yours before the enforcer sees you in the nude!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:46:47 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 07:31:29 AM by rpietila

Hi! New day, new year: 1629 !!

My previous one was perforated by random disturbances, both pleasant and annoying, so the admin/design of the game was a little slowed because of that. But now it's a good opportunity to get everything back in order, including:

- Slaughter will come soon
- NPC benefit & retire & promote & salary round
- Year change is postponed to the 12th of January (about 5.5 hours)

The Buildings module is already in development by PJ, though it's unlikely it would come to public use this week yet. The table structure is complete, so construction of new buildings and boosting of the previous ones is possible. Admins who want to try, contact me. Also the preselected admins have other duties related to this.

Counties will have a large evaluation round soon (2-3 days), after the Army retirements have been replaced and promotions handled. The BV now has far-reaching consequences. The War on the Continent has been on pause for many years, but the reasons have gone nowhere.

Quests evaluation is after this year. If a GM round is required (eg. dragonslaying), contact me Smiley

Wines were re-graded, and we are sad to inform that the old W1601B did not pass anymore. The remaining bottles are now collectibles. Same happened to W1609. For now, it is possible to convert wines with the same prices as before. Soon we will roll d20 whether the remaining trickle of wine will dry out completely because of the war, or if the embargo is lifted and we are soon inundated with sweet new vintages.

NPCC suits for the last year need to be bought in 7 hours from this (24 h from the moth visit).

S-B22A will be able to be converted from SCI for 2 more years (1629 and 1630). Then the advance is completed and unlocked, with the help of HKM Gustaf Adolf. The company owns completely the B.22 and the total number of shares will be around 3,400-3,500. HH SirJacket, who is also the Mayor, is the CEO of the company. With the current plans:
- The company will quarry 5 chapelries and make profit;
- 1 chapelry is kept for future use;
- of the rest, 76% (only) will be converted by the shareholders, 24% will be sold directly for money;
=> So when thinking whether to buy or sell the cheaply converted shares, bear in mind it is not only a lot that you get, you get a company with the remaining value of ~50% of the lot's value, as a bonus!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:56:50 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 11:55:19 AM by rpietila

Economic information, straight from the Villa Rotonda

I had talks with some players, and frankly, there was both enthusiasm for the new modules that are coming, but also "battle fatigue" that many items have been in constant decline in price for a long time now, and it is difficult to make profits, except by buying CON.

We have been here before. Recessions happen, as well as booms. Let me quickly evaluate some of the reasons why things are getting cheaper:

1. XMR has gone up, it has doubled from October 2015 to 0.71 EUR/XMR now. It is difficult to keep the values fixed in XMR if the home currency of the players is something else. CON is immune to this since it pays XMR. But wines and ming china don't pay anything, so their prices will suffer.

CKG has actually held up quite well since it is 30% up in 30 days in EUR terms. So whether you buy or sell CKG, you can make good profits or losses, depending how you think. It is no secret that I view the game in terms of both currencies and rejoice if it goes up in either.

2. I have a rather large wealth and health management empire still (although I wish to get rid of it as it's not helping me to save time for design). I have saved more than 10,000 mil for these guys in anticipation of the Building module to open. All this money is not in circulation and not bidding the prices up. When it flows to the pools, ripple effect is large and instant. Already last year, CKG div was 8,000 m, instead of the 1,000 for some previous years. (Actually I feel the turn is happening already...)

3. The unclaimed characters are auctioned and money set aside in Town account, to market the game to the masses when Skills is open (or why not Buildings already!)

4. Crypto Kingdom has grown 10x more valuable in a year. Nothing goes up in a straight line. When you feel prices are cheap, how about sitting back and placing some bids instead Smiley

NPC retire & promote round is READY. Labor will be adding its asks in a few moments and others can do as well Smiley

The 13% spoil rate is delivering maximum pain, because it feels unfair to lose one or many high-prized (& priced) NPC's. In total, I checked how many were retired and the number came out at 13.5% (well within statistics) so if you feel the luck was bad, someone else had a better one  Tongue Hopefully next time yours will be saved!  Smiley

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:39:04 PM

Counties will have a large evaluation round soon (2-3 days), after the Army retirements have been replaced and promotions handled. The BV now has far-reaching consequences. The War on the Continent has been on pause for many years, but the reasons have gone nowhere.

Shocked

You guys better ramp up your army! Fortunately, I am here to give you a helpful hand.

I have the best CPL+PTE+Horses in all Crypto Universe for HIRE. No fees! No risk! PM me for details.

This message was brought to you by Haljala Greens, the best-tasting veggies in Town! Unless they die on transit...
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:13:19 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:46:41 PM by rpietila

All new NPC by Labor are listed for sale, and you can easily check their prices and stats in here (tab /NPCtypes). (I will wait 6 hours before buying at the ask.)

Wines were also graded (reminder) and this info will come to Ultima soon as well.

Year has been changed.

The NPCC's should buy their suits right now, to get 11x benefit of them instead of only 10x (last year suit evaluation closes in 2 hours, and you should update the figures yourselves!)

Army will have a march-past this summer as well, meaning that every soldier, horse, and weapon derives benefits according to where he is assigned at the time of the march-past. The effect is equivalent to several past and future years.
We now have quite potent weapons:
- MKT for increasing the strength of ground troops
- Horses for officers (remember to check them separately as officers split their horses to separate H1-H5 items already) and cavalry
- PIS as a fearful weapon for mounted troops
- CANN to grind our enemies to dust

The BV calculation is generally unaffected, there may be small changes, I will review it soon.

Suggested garrison

Intown
The external defence is tasked to the Royal troops who haven't had other duties now.

Since we live the Age of Intrigue, after all, it might make sense to have a personal protection guard nevertheless. For some time before the festivities, We the King were wary if the foreign powers would try something, but they did not (those who were around in 1450 remember that's what I do). So now we feel at peace if any corporation or noble wants to have their private army.

Farm level
Farms are located inside the town, so they do not need a garrison.

Estate level
Estates should aim to keep a section or half, just in case. Random events come without warning, and threats that did not materialize are not even announced.

County level
Counties can have a garrison, which means a defensive force tasked to repel unannounced attacks to the camp, and aid in local management and collection of taxes. Both the size and BV matter. Marquessate/Principality is not really different from a county in this sense.

March level
Marches are counties located in strategic places in the borders. We have 2 marches: White Cross and Plath. Stonehaven should also be designated a march, but the local Earl lacks resources to upgrade the preparations (and I lack time to help him in the administration Undecided). Marches should have a sizable, preferably mobile, force that can be used for defence and offence before the dukes and King can send for help. A regiment is preferable.

Duchy level
The hierarchy is not yet completely established, but the aim is that Dukes will coordinate the counties in the area, for which (surprise!) they need a mobile regiment in addition to the defensive garrison located in the Duchy seat.

Kingdom level
When the foreign powers attack us, they will need to be punished, and King has nearly half of the total BV in the Kingdom for this purpose. In addition, the construction of the Perimeter Wall of CryptoTown and the 100-200 cannons, will reduce the risk of stupid enemies coming to disturb our glorious buildings.

ADD: Also MEAD, BEER, CAN and MUS have been divided (early!) so please check the situation and place your asks. There is very little VEG in the Kingdom now, so hunger will be the result unless we all pull together and the markets work!

ADD: PRE has been given until 1627, so only one year backlog anymore. Remember to send SCI to the counties and keep up your workers if you want PRE to be generated (the production has been cratering as stone cannot be used for PRE any more). Army is having a separate reward session in the summer.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:23:39 PM

The CryptoTown Perimeter Wall Is Ready

The most massive building project in the history of the Kingdom: the Wall encircling the whole "1600-era town" of 25 boroughs, is now completed.

It is built according to the most modern technology available to us: the ground outside the wall is cleared hundreds of meters to give the enemy no place to hide. Earthworks have been made so that the foundations are covered with a slowly sloping wall of dirt from the outside so that enemy needs to attack uphill and his cannons and other schemes cannot crumble the foundations.

The stone wall is actually only 5 m high, and from the inside, completely covered with dirt, so that it is not possible to collapse it with any methods. (So, sloping from both sides, but the outside leads to the base of the wall, the inside to the top).

Inside the wall, there are posts for musketeers to fire against the approaching enemies.

The perimeter has 18 casemattes (fortified cannonposts) protruding to the outside, having firing-holes for cannons and other weapons to every direction, including towards the wall and even towards the town. These can be fitted with all kinds of weapons, including the heavy cannons, which RWWC is next developing. Each one can function as a fortress of its own, with self-sufficient supplies enough for years. (The manning of one is likely very thin, only a section or so, unless it comes under direct attack and reinforcements can be sent).

In total, 30,000,000*STO1 was used (this was courtesy to Town). Also 300,000*BLD and 500*WIRS from King's stock.

Most of the activities of the Royal CryptoArmy - OldDuchy Command are moved to their new positions.

The Army will now start a cannon acquisition programme to fit the Wall and its casemattes with at minimum 100 cannons, and later, more. Also small weapons will be acquired and stockpiled.

In total, the cost of building and equipping this formidable fortress that will serve us a hundred years, was 10,000 mil. Annual operating costs, borne by the King / OldDuchy, are about 400 mil.

... this will soon be surpassed in majesty by the Château of Versailles, though ... have to go buy a few more S-BLD ...

MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:48:13 PM

The Earl of Stonehaven has been maintaining and slowly increasing his troops, mindful of the need to keep a balance between cost and effectiveness. It is with this in mind that the Earl will lend pistols and cannons to Stonehaven. The county itself already just acquired new recruits for its army.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:04:22 PM

There is always an opportunity to make a little profit if you look into some of the less active markets.

Ramsey has been making a nice little profit by buying up H1 horses and then selling for a higher price when they get promoted to H2, H3, or H4 if you wait long enough. Roll the profits back into more H1 at 2 mil, wait again until next promotion.

We have amassed a stable of 73 horses this way, and will continue to do so! Of course now I gave away the secret, it may be more difficult.

noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:40:17 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 04:12:07 PM by noms

CryptoKnight Liquidation Auction

CryptoKnight has decided that it is time to pack up from Crypto Kingdom and move to other lands. Before he goes, he expressed to me that he would like his belongings sold if possible before he leaves. I have decided to do an auction for these items.  Please bid on these-you have 48 hours from this post to add bids for the items to Ultima.

If you bid on an item and the timestamp is after the deadline, it will be disregarded. If you see something in the LOT that says x5, for example, that means there is a quantity 5 items. Thanks, and happy bidding!

[LOT1]  2-C-C1 - 2 Story Town Palace
Lot Area: 300 sqm
Buildings Total (Density): 236 sqm (0.787 )

[LOT2] 3-E-F18 - Lot
Lot Area: 400 sqm

[LOT3] 3-S-G2 - Holiday Hut
Buildings Total (Density): 9 sqm (0.023 )

[LOT4] 3-S-G3 - Holiday Hut
Buildings Total (Density): 9 sqm (0.023 )

[LOT5] 4-SE-N3 - Lot
Lot Area: 200 sqm

[LOT6] 4-SE-N5 - Lot

[LOT7] 5-E-X7 - Lot

[LOT8] 5-E-X8 - Lot

[LOT9] CR1602E   x22    1   CR-series 5 CKG gold coin from 1602   Gold, 5 CKG
[LOT10] CS1617E   x5    1   CS-series 5 CKS silver coin from 1617   Silver, 5 CKG
[LOT11] CT1566   x1   1   Royal CryptoArmy Centenary bronze medallion      
[LOT12] S-PGC   x100   0   Palazzo Gaming Corp      
[LOT13] S-VE1   x2   0   Well-tended vegetable garden      
[LOT14] TRC4-13   x1   8   Carriage, 4-horse model   Noble Blue   
[LOT15] TS162   x21   1   Trade silver coin from the 162x      Silver, 12 CKG
[LOT16] WIA1   x3   2   Ancient window 1x1 m   Transparent
[LOT17] WIAL   x12   2   Large Pane Ancient Window   Bronze/Copper
[LOT18] WIAS   x30   2   Standard Pane Ancient Window   Bronze/Copper
[LOT19] WIASS   x30   2   Small Pane Ancient Window   Bronze/Copper
[LOT20] WIASSS   x30   2   Tiny Pane Ancient Window   Bronze/Copper

Monero.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:06:25 AM

1. XMR has gone up, it has doubled from October 2015 to 0.71 EUR/XMR now.

CKG has actually held up quite well since it is 30% up in 30 days in EUR terms.

4. Crypto Kingdom has grown 10x more valuable in a year.

-- & --

CryptoKnight Liqudation Auction

CryptoKnight has decided that it is time to pack up from Crypto Kingdom and move to other lands.

-- & --

There is always an opportunity to make a little profit if you look into some of the less active markets.

= = = >

The intention is not to make CryptoTown such an expensive place to live that nobody would live there!

It is normal that the players consider prices in fiat currency, and this time seems to be a good time to exit because XMR is up and our prices likewise. So, to make the place interesting to enter, not exit, a general reduction in price level is needed. Even though the prices are determined in the markets, some top-down controls exist and affecting the costs to produce things is a large one of them.

Therefore,

1) The labor union of the NPC's has agreed to the following reduction of salaries:

N1: 700k -> 500k
N2: 1,050k -> 750k
N3: 1,400k -> 1,000k
N4: 1,750k -> 1,250k
N5: 2,100k -> 1,500k
N6: 2,800k -> 2,000k
N7: 3,500k -> 2,500k
N8: 5,250k -> 3,750k
N9: 7,000k -> 5,000k

NPC monetary payouts will be reduced accordingly. Other payouts are unaffected.

2) NPCC living allowance will immediately be cut to 18 mil from 25 mil, and in the future, more of it will be given in kind (as MUS for instance, to be sold).

3) Commoner salaries will be cut accordingly.

4) Especially related to the Building module, the formula to create buildings stays the same, but all its constituents (stone, labor, lux, windows) are labor-intensive, so it is likely that building will be 30% cheaper as well when the markets adapt.

5) The book values for several imported items will be updated soon. Importantly, LUX book value will stay at 200,000 m, but half of it will in practice be buyable cheaper as it is domestic labor (half is imports). The formulas to produce CUL, IC and SCI will stay the same, so their price in the markets will likely be reduced due to the new cheaper cost basis.

6) This move looks big because something like that has not been done for a while. Yet, it is only 28% and it only gets the situation back where it was. When servants (later NPC) were instituted, it was customary to pay less than 700k for kitchen aid, and a hotel manager was graded at 2.1 mil. Also, silver has been cheapened every once in a while, and will, as CKG goes up.

7) Intention is to keep the game balanced, and support all prices:
- CON, because it is proven to be unaffected by deflation as it pays a fixed amount of XMR
- CKG, because the game economy is revitalised, making the dividends bigger
- Collectibles, because markets can decide where the prices go
- All other items, because the new situation will make consumables cheaper and perhaps allow bigger profits for producers at the same time.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:35:07 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 12:38:25 PM by rpietila

ADD: Practical changes to costs & prices
This post will be updated as needed.

Brewery variable cost basis has been 2,000 m / bottle. When Building opens, the breweries need to build a Factory. Factory is a new fungible building (one factory can produce anything, such as cannons, muskets, pistols, carriages, windows, or beer). The cost has just been reduced by 30%. One factory requires manning of 50*WP, which costs more than the current 20 mil fixed cost (per 10,000*BEER). Therefore, one factory output is doubled if not tripled (to 20-30k BEER) and Town will consider selling more licenses if necessary, since they are per 10,000 btl each.

Brewers are allowed to establish a Guild that can decide the level of production and maintain prices, but hopefully at a lower level than the previous 4,000 m target.

There is also possibility to research Craft Beer, which would be a special beer type (eg. Stout), most probably with similar characteristics as BEER but variety bonus makes it a really interesting option to be sipped in small quantities, and the price asked can be higher as well. Ask me.

Town has decided to keep the taxes of BEER tax of 1k, WINE tax of 10k or spirits tax of 100k unchanged. All these products have already declined in price, mostly more than 29% already.

Farms' labor cost is reduced to 3.5 mil (previously 5 mil). Manors pay mostly in kind, so unaffected. VEG price will be up to the markets as before, and to get more production, either more roads will need to be built to nearby regions, or more farms opened in CryptoTown.

Farmers (system account) now have the ability to support unlimited MEAT in between 5,500-6,000 m unless there is an emergency such as war or siege. As long as we don't have unspoilable bread, stockpiling of meat might make sense as the spoil is only 10%.

Suits and stone have their "book prices" (target that gives good profits to the producers) lowered by 30% and the max prices (1.6*book price = the price at which the importers will sell them) lowered accordingly. The reduction in max price will happen in 5 years, to allow the markets to find their price levels.

Horse prices have been lowered by 30% effective immediately.

New NPC prices and fixed payouts are visible in /NPCtypes and will be listed to Agora soon.

The Town has decided that land will be kept affordable for new players in B.4 (small free lot) and B.11 (wetland lot sold cheaply for limited audience). The chapelries for sale in B.6 and B.8 continue at 1,000 mil, and no new boroughs will be opened as per earlier ruling, until 1640.

CKG market is currently at 66.8/65.0 mil. Coinshop continues to provide marketmaking as usual.

CON is unchanged at 18.8/18.3 mil.

S-BLD was split to BLD (1:1220). Labor is not selling BLD, it can be obtained from aftermarket and Building Co's can produce more of it (with their only cost being labor, now 29% cheaper). There is 2.0 million BLD in existence, enough to build 10,000s of sqm.

* Declaration of the GM *

The decision to alter the pricing of the commoner/consumer economy had been in planning ever since XMR price went up in Feb 13. We waited initially if XMR would shoot reasonably high to halve the ingame production prices (consumables and resources). The current reduction was implemented as a surprise move and all bids were not cancelled, because it was deemed to be less disruptive as the consumables and resources store very little value compared to investments (land, CKG, CON) whose value in always determined by markets.

* Decision of the Town Council *

To reduce the disruption what similar possible actions would cause in the future, we will have a FOMC meeting every 10 years at a pre-announced time to discuss if there is need to alter the NPC salaries. Then the markets can speculate before with no need for drastic changes. The councillors and all their wm will have a freeze during and immediately after the meeting for placing new orders.

* Declaration of HM The King *

We have not dumped a single item to take advantage of the anticipation of the initial reaction. We will start placing bids to items now and will not sell anything until March 16th (today 4pm), if even then. It is wholly and completely a good thing that everyone has the same amount of money as before, yet everything gets cheaper. We are buying.

* Greatest Benefiter *

Rental Pool, which has 11,100 mil in cash. This money will continue to be divided to building owners: so relative to construction cost, the building payouts just shot up 43%. This incentivises much more building than perhaps was planned, causing the pool to get even more money and higher payouts. Hopefully the new module with cool graphics, easy controls, and (even more) lucrative payouts, will cause the players to tell about the game to new ones as well, who will come and enjoy the lower prices throughout Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: