Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226864 times)
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:54:00 PM

Coinfire said they saw a document confirming this is legit, is it really that hard to confirm ?

Just wrote a little something about this: https://network23.org/dogecoin/2015/02/24/coinfire-coinburned/

"This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources."

Know why ?

no, works for me.
I didn't say the page didn't load, it did, but you have these SSL issues..

And Firefox: "Some unencrypted elements on this website have been blocked"

Really don't know.  My site is a free site hosted at network23.org where political/dissident-types can publish w/o fear of having their sites taken down.  I'm not a techy at all and just don't have an answer for you.  I just write posts, upload some pics, and hit publish. I do have some RSS fees from google news plugged in there - maybe that's it?
Everething

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

Futurest

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

I'm one of the ones who lost darkcoins on Mintpal.  I'm only adding myself to the list now that I see green/kennedy being arrested.  I lost 493.11 DRK and even if I never see them again I'd like to be added to any proceedings.  Is it of any use to speak to police in the UK (where I live), should I lodge a complaint to them myself or is there a specific channel anyone would advise me to follow.

Thanks for any help from anyone,

Kind Regards

Everething
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:55:57 PM

I'm one of the ones who lost darkcoins on Mintpal.  I'm only adding myself to the list now that I see green/kennedy being arrested.  I lost 493.11 DRK and even if I never see them again I'd like to be added to any proceedings.  Is it of any use to speak to police in the UK (where I live), should I lodge a complaint to them myself or is there a specific channel anyone would advise me to follow.

Kind Regards

Everething
If you live in the UK, you may want to consider a small claims case..... https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

Your DRK are maybe worth enough to you, to pay a small court fee to claim their worth from Ryan. Fact is, you have an excellent chance of winning the case, considering the evidence now against him, and his arrest. But the fact also is, is that Ryan will not attend, and probably throw the court papers in the bin as soon as he gets them.
However, by him doing this, will mean you win the case by default anyway, which eventually means you will be entitled to send bailiffs to his house when he doesn't pay the court what the judge says he owes you, plus your original court costs.
If it was me, and i had the extra £200 (which Ryan will also have to pay you) it will cost in total, and the time it will take to fill out the forms, i would gain immense pleasure watching from the other side of the road, him argue with bailiffs as they enter his house and remove items.
Once bailiffs are involved there is a very very high chance you will get what you are owed.   
Everething

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

Futurest

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:32:51 PM

Kind Regards

Everething
If you live in the UK, you may want to consider a small claims case..... https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

Your DRK are maybe worth enough to you, to pay a small court fee to claim their worth from Ryan. Fact is, you have an excellent chance of winning the case, considering the evidence now against him, and his arrest. But the fact also is, is that Ryan will not attend, and probably throw the court papers in the bin as soon as he gets them.
However, by him doing this, will mean you win the case by default anyway, which eventually means you will be entitled to send bailiffs to his house when he doesn't pay the court what the judge says he owes you, plus your original court costs.
If it was me, and i had the extra £200 (which Ryan will also have to pay you) it will cost in total, and the time it will take to fill out the forms, i would gain immense pleasure watching from the other side of the road, him argue with bailiffs as they enter his house and remove items.
Once bailiffs are involved there is a very very high chance you will get what you are owed.   

That makes sense, I've had some experience with the scc in regards to bank charges a few years ago.  So, this all stands on the fact that RK is in the UK and can be held accountable by the court for no-showing... love it...

And the statutory 8% annual interest will of course be included in the final bill (inc. court fees).  I shall find that on-line compounded interest calculator that I used to enjoy using  Grin

Has anyone tried this so far and been successful?

Thanks for the reply dude, clear and concise Wink
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:33:40 PM

Coinfire said they saw a document confirming this is legit, is it really that hard to confirm ?

Just wrote a little something about this: https://network23.org/dogecoin/2015/02/24/coinfire-coinburned/

Know why ?

no, works for me.

Really don't know.  My site is a free site hosted at network23.org where political/dissident-types can publish w/o fear of having their sites taken down.  I'm not a techy at all and just don't have an answer for you.  I just write posts, upload some pics, and hit publish. I do have some RSS fees from google news plugged in there - maybe that's it?

https://i.imgur.com/M8mV9y0.png
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:58:42 PM

Know why ?

no, works for me.

https://i.imgur.com/M8mV9y0.png

Interesting, but tbh I'm not even sure what I'm looking at. To my untrained eye, it looks like the problem is w/ network23.org and not my site per se.  I can see if there is a way to contact the admin people if you'd like?  Nonetheless, I'll pay attention to the back-end of my blog to see if there's anything going on in the future. 

Thanks for the heads up.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:09:16 PM

And the statutory 8% annual interest will of course be included in the final bill (inc. court fees).  
Good point. I forgot about that little extra.  Cool

Just consider though, that Ryan will probably leave the country at some point. He had a UK address posted on these boards a while back. Getting the same address as what the  police have on file, would be the key here. Then again, you could go after Katie Hopkins also.
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:39:50 PM

And the statutory 8% annual interest will of course be included in the final bill (inc. court fees).  
Good point. I forgot about that little extra.  Cool

Just consider though, that Ryan will probably leave the country at some point. He had a UK address posted on these boards a while back. Getting the same address as what the  police have on file, would be the key here. Then again, you could go after Katie Hopkins also.

Sometimes I'm really good at reading between the lines, sometimes I'm not.  Here, I'm not. 

Can you elaborate on why you used "Katie" as a opposed to "Chelsea" in your post?  Was it a mistake? If it was not a mistake, how do you know "Katie" is correct?  Ryan used a fake name in his corp paperwork and in public, I don't know why  it would be unfathomable for his partner in crime (metaphorical, of course - innocent until proven guilty, etc.) to do the same.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:06:18 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 05:21:40 AM by stereotype

Good point. I forgot about that little extra.  Cool

Just consider though, that Ryan will probably leave the country at some point. He had a UK address posted on these boards a while back. Getting the same address as what the  police have on file, would be the key here. Then again, you could go after Katie Hopkins also.

Sometimes I'm really good at reading between the lines, sometimes I'm not.  Here, I'm not.  

Can you elaborate on why you used "Katie" as a opposed to "Chelsea" in your post?  Was it a mistake? If it was not a mistake, how do you know "Katie" is correct?  Ryan used a fake name in his corp paperwork and in public, I don't know why  it would be unfathomable for his partner in crime (metaphorical, of course - innocent until proven guilty, etc.) to do the same.
Oh boy, my bad.  Embarrassed Embarrassed  
There is a Katie Hopkins who is quite well known in the UK who pops up when you search for info on Chelsea. Apologies. [turns off PC, and does some RL stuff, for a bit!]
degxtra1

Activity: 228
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:19:54 AM

Of the wallets recovered from V1, we have processed withdrawal of TES, KARMA, FAIR, FLT with the help of the developer teams of these coins.

Hi, thanks for your effort however I have to say that I didn't received any KARMA coins despite I put my address for withdrawal in "platfrom notes" as that was only option to insert address.
Would you advise me how to recover them if any chance?

Many thanks

Hey man.

Ferdous is right in that context. He did help us recover the old mintpal wallet of KARMA. It is us who have been slacking to start this up.

You should be getting an email notification about the claim form to retrieve your coins soon. Until then you are welcome to keep an eye in the ANN thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0  or the new forum http://forum.givekarma.net/index.php

Again, it is us who have been slacking. Mostly because the people helping me with this have been busy in real life but this shouldn't be an excuse.

Cheers

Who

problem is that I haven't received any email yet, either any of my 2 friends who got KARMA on mintpal too. I pmed to ferdous with my details, hope he will answer.

BTW Im long time Karma supporter, hope this coin will startup some how.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:22:35 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 07:42:52 AM by Johnny Mnemonic

What I don't understand is why Ferdous posted yesterday as if Ryan's arrest was some recent victory for the community, when he knew all along that it happened back in December and Ryan's long been out on bail.

Catching Ryan has been truly a community effort.

CryptoCobain and many others helped with covering some of the legal costs.

I could go on and on...

But this truly is a victory for crypto in general.

Ferdous, why were you going along with the misleading article as if it were recent news?

I'm not making accusations, but I'm starting to think there might be more to this story than we all thought.

Has anyone received reimbursements from any of the "recovered" v1 wallets? I'm especially looking for responses from established users with a significant posting history. Anyone?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:10:46 PM

Has anyone received reimbursements from any of the "recovered" v1 wallets? I'm especially looking for responses from established users with a significant posting history. Anyone?

me not for others i dont know.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:14:43 PM

me not for others i dont know.

got drk out - but it was within a week (or two) after mintpal closed

still looking forward to get my xmr

the btc are lost I assume
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:51:54 PM

I have an updated post/article (whatever you want to call it) that includes new details Syscoin was willing to share with me about their case with MooPay LTD:

https://network23.org/dogecoin/2015/02/25/update-on-kennedys-arrest-tweets-w-syscoin/
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:43:54 PM

Of the wallets recovered from V1, we have processed withdrawal of TES, KARMA, FAIR, FLT with the help of the developer teams of these coins.

Hi, thanks for your effort however I have to say that I didn't received any KARMA coins despite I put my address for withdrawal in "platfrom notes" as that was only option to insert address.
Would you advise me how to recover them if any chance?

Many thanks

Hey man.

Ferdous is right in that context. He did help us recover the old mintpal wallet of KARMA. It is us who have been slacking to start this up.

You should be getting an email notification about the claim form to retrieve your coins soon. Until then you are welcome to keep an eye in the ANN thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0  or the new forum http://forum.givekarma.net/index.php

Again, it is us who have been slacking. Mostly because the people helping me with this have been busy in real life but this shouldn't be an excuse.

Cheers

Who

problem is that I haven't received any email yet, either any of my 2 friends who got KARMA on mintpal too. I pmed to ferdous with my details, hope he will answer.

BTW Im long time Karma supporter, hope this coin will startup some how.

Maybe i wasn't clear. Karma refunds will go through the karma team now. That is why i said move your question to our network.

Cheers
ferdous

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:18:23 PM

Ferdous, why were you going along with the misleading article as if it were recent news?

I'm not making accusations, but I'm starting to think there might be more to this story than we all thought.
Hi.

I think there is a miscommunication or misunderstanding somewhere. The crypto community seems to have interpreted the arrest news as Ryan being in jail. That's not how justice system in real world operates. If you are arrested, you are pretty much always out on bail. There is a due process to follow, which takes many months, and you are assumed innocent until found guilty under law.

Ryan and Chelsea Being arrested is a good thing; it means that there has been a significant progress made in the investigation. If you want to see justice, this is a victory. Enjoy it. It's not over yet, obviously, but we are getting there.

A lot of progress has been made so far in catching Ryan and getting some sort of retribution for our customer. We are not withholding information from you out of a choice, but rather as instructed by the detectives and lawyers, in order to support the investigation efforts and reaching our end goal. Hope you can appreciate that.

In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please, contact Action Fraud UK to report your loss. This is for your own good. (Sorry if I come across a little patronizing; I am quite surprised by how few people actually reported their losses!)
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:59:47 AM

The crypto community seems to have interpreted the arrest news as Ryan being in jail.

Ferdous, the only interpretation we made about the arrest news is that it was recent.

We are not withholding information from you out of a choice, but rather as instructed by the detectives and lawyers, in order to support the investigation efforts and reaching our end goal. Hope you can appreciate that.

Then why didn't you simply say, "this actually happened 3 months ago, but I was instructed not to talk about it" ?

If you still didn't want to reveal details, then why make the follow-up post at all?

The fact is, you didn't miscommunicate. You intentionally omitted a pretty important detail about the news article, which was further misleading because your implicit confirmation reinforced its credibility. Had one of us not looked further into it we'd all still be high fiving each other, especially after your well-timed and jubilant thank-you speech.

I hope your actions are in good faith, and if they are then obviously my suspicions should be disregarded. That said, your recent comments aren't doing your credibility any favors.
ferdous

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:33:20 AM

Ferdous, the only interpretation we made about the arrest news is that it was recent.

From the posts here and on twitter, it's pretty obvious that crypto people interpreted "arrested" = "imprisoned".

Then why didn't you simply say, "this actually happened 3 months ago, but I was instructed not to talk about it" ?

If you still didn't want to reveal details, then why make the follow-up post at all?

The fact is, you didn't miscommunicate. You intentionally omitted a pretty important detail about the news article, which was further misleading because your implicit confirmation reinforced its credibility. Had one of us not looked further into it we'd all still be high fiving each other, especially after your well-timed and jubilant thank-you speech.

I wanted to make a thank you post because I truly think that it was much deserved. This was an exceptional community effort and I was glad to finally let people know that some real progress has been made.

I did mention several times both here and on twitter in the last few months that we are making good progress, and I am in confidentiality agreement with law enforcement agencies. I also encouraged people to follow up with Action Fraud UK directly (if you did, then you would have learned a lot more about what actually is happening, under the same confidentiality agreement).

I hope your actions are in good faith, and if they are then obviously my suspicions should be disregarded. That said, your recent comments aren't doing your credibility any favors.
Well, I have said time and time again that you should not be putting blind faith on me or anyone else. I have urged you dozens of time by now to directly contact Action Fraud UK and follow up with them. I posted our lawyer info publicly too in case anyone wanted to follow up. The burden is now on you, not me.

Let me be very clear: You should not trust anybody in crypto. This space attracts way more scammers than people with good intentions. Verify everything. Stop speculating. Cheers.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:52:00 AM

From the posts here and on twitter, it's pretty obvious that crypto people interpreted "arrested" = "imprisoned".

I wanted to make a thank you post because I truly think that it was much deserved. This was an exceptional community effort and I was glad to finally let people know that some real progress has been made.

I did mention several times both here and on twitter in the last few months that we are making good progress, and I am in confidentiality agreement with law enforcement agencies. I also encouraged people to follow up with Action Fraud UK directly (if you did, then you would have learned a lot more about what actually is happening, under the same confidentiality agreement).

Well, I have said time and time again that you should not be putting blind faith on me or anyone else. I have urged you dozens of time by now to directly contact Action Fraud UK and follow up with them. I posted our lawyer info publicly too in case anyone wanted to follow up. The burden is now on you, not me.

Let me be very clear: You should not trust anybody in crypto. This space attracts way more scammers than people with good intentions. Verify everything. Stop speculating. Cheers.

IF someone was arrested in the UK for stealing over $5  million dollars of btc it would have made the newspapers and probably even the national news considering the amount of cash involved is a pretty7 huge theft by everyday standards .......Even if they were unable to name kennedy as the culprit ,they would have ran the story anyway and just left out the name of the owner thief

there is too many holes in this story ,smoke and mirrors everybody ......
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:39:20 AM

and I am in confidentiality agreement with law enforcement agencies. I also encouraged people to follow up with Action Fraud UK directly (if you did, then you would have learned a lot more about what actually is happening, under the same confidentiality agreement).

If you are talking about the UK system, thats utter rubbish. Noone enters into a confidentiality agreement with law enforcement agencies. We dont even call them 'agencies'.

If you mean the solicitor has advised you to keep ongoing information to yourself, that would be correct and sensible, but solicitors do not enforce law.  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: