Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226855 times)
degxtra1

Activity: 228
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:46:30 AM

Maybe i wasn't clear. Karma refunds will go through the karma team now. That is why i said move your question to our network.

Cheers
Would you advise me how to do it?

thanks
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ferdous

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:42:15 PM

What's with the hostile attitude in this thread?

Noone enters into a confidentiality agreement with law enforcement agencies.
Yes, you do, if sharing certain information publicly can jeopardize the investigation or the case.

We dont even call them 'agencies'.
What do you call them? I live in Canada, that's what we call them here.

I shared enough info here so that you should be able to verify / keep up to date on your own from now on without having to rely on me or anyone else. Is that still not clear?

I will keep working on building stuff and looking for compensation to those affected! My work here in this thread is done. Peace out.
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:57:26 PM

I did mention several times both here and on twitter in the last few months that we are making good progress, and I am in confidentiality agreement with law enforcement agencies. I also encouraged people to follow up with Action Fraud UK directly (if you did, then you would have learned a lot more about what actually is happening, under the same confidentiality agreement).

I hope your actions are in good faith, and if they are then obviously my suspicions should be disregarded. That said, your recent comments aren't doing your credibility any favors.
Well, I have said time and time again that you should not be putting blind faith on me or anyone else. I have urged you dozens of time by now to directly contact Action Fraud UK and follow up with them. I posted our lawyer info publicly too in case anyone wanted to follow up. The burden is now on you, not me.

Let me be very clear: You should not trust anybody in crypto. This space attracts way more scammers than people with good intentions. Verify everything. Stop speculating. Cheers.

TBF, Ferd did say those things.

People have to be their own best advocate. Don't rely on third parties if you don't have to, that's the trust problem Satoshi was dealing with. Ask questions, inspect every word or sentence related to representation about your money or the potential use of it. 
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:27:37 PM

Hi, 

I'm having a difficult time finding this info.

I want to bring a civil claim against Ryan.  Does anybody have any contact details for him?  Email address/home address/solicitor's address...any way that my solicitor can make contact with him.  Anything would be helpful...

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:03:09 PM

Ferdeous should repay people from the proceeds of the sale

he  alledgedly handed over everyones coins and cash to a "mystery thief"
who proceeded to steal the fucking lot almost immediately  .........

ferdeous gets to cash out nicely before the robbery ......its just all too convenient
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:15:10 PM

Well, whatever happened, the coins I lost on Mintpal were on the way to be sold to pay for something really important for my family and the loss still affects us. 
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:43:07 PM

Ferdeous should repay people from the proceeds of the sale

he  alledgedly handed over everyones coins and cash to a "mystery thief"
who proceeded to steal the fucking lot almost immediately  .........

ferdeous gets to cash out nicely before the robbery ......its just all too convenient

This stuff is deeper than it may appear.  Still don't believe any of this for a second.  Convenient funds were collected for "the Moolah case", and yesterday, to clear the air a bit, finally it is stressed that everyone should be focusing on their own cases and their own proceedings.  There is a bigger picture here.  Something is missing from this story, still.  Roll Eyes

Focus on your own cases but no ready information on the contact details to instruct your solicitor with.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:13:01 AM

Hi, 

I'm having a difficult time finding this info.

I want to bring a civil claim against Ryan.  Does anybody have any contact details for him?  Email address/home address/solicitor's address...any way that my solicitor can make contact with him.  Anything would be helpful...

These are the guys dealing with the case against Ryan, on behalf of SYScoin..... http://www.selachii.co.uk/
AshKetchum

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Hi,

I am sorry if similar question was answered before.

I am from Czech Republic and I had some Dogecoins and Bitcoins on mintpal. I do not remeber the exact number but It was around 3 million dogecoins and 2 bitcoins.

What should I do? Thank you for help.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2083

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:30:02 AM

Today I got an e-mail:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Dear MintPal Customer,

A few months ago, MintPal Exchange, the popular cryptocurrency exchange, fell apart due to alleged fraud and embezzlement by a con artist going by the name "Alex Green"/Ryan Kennedy/Ryan Gentle, CEO of Moolah LTD. Moolah was responsible for management of MintPal at the time.

As a shareholder of the company that acquired MintPal prior to its fallout, I have gained access to the old servers of MintPal where Monero keys were stored. Monero is the only major altcoin where all wallet balances are still intact, presumably due to an oversight by Ryan. All other major altcoin wallets appear to be empty. There is a criminal investigation ongoing regarding Moolah and Ryan Kennedy/Gentle, and we are working with law enforcement to seek retribution for our customers.

It took me some time due to all the legal hurdles surrounding this case to send you this email, and while the criminal and civil cases against Ryan are far from over, I no longer wish to remain the custodian of coins that belong to you.

The recovered database indicates that you have Monero coins in your MintPal wallet. In order to process the withdrawal of these coins, please respond to this email by Mar 31 and include the following information:

1) Your new Monero deposit address in your sole control where I can return your coins.

2) Payment ID associated with the deposit address.

3) Estimated amount of XMR coins in your MintPal wallet. Leave blank if you can't remember. I have your record from the MintPal database back up taken prior to migration to V2.

Regards,
Ferdous
https://twitter.com/ferdousbha
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.8
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJU8MsiAAoJEEDdMNadBfHOYFEH/1F71cKncwbD2WQeCg+Mk5yp
4AujiF8gxzrkWOLWNIjRpkOtIAcEvW+HYjY7qDSxs/gdGVCqiBt2MVpIEDYcZny0
5aN0OIdb/sPkCp/Km85LpdpXwnDANpY2u/uKZl3NUoQXz0TlN4zt3yo2cfZy5ytW
SJZPaUW3WuzeKDqZK43tmwYQpsLzakwvaLgKUOsuVC3dRQ57ohXPyErP16M3h9qj
xU/wZqYu6TxNvklk3Nopqk543QZoGfS+HDZ8mFz431XXkjcPovUittj7CTe5+OWY
P+XgWLw43+3WUh3vcbuQSM7dd4BPdm6LY8KLtOPa2f/8wF+sNfd7drK1ff+Jk/0=
=9hWU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:44:49 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 01:44:47 PM by Propulsion

Today I got an e-mail:

Dear MintPal Customer,

A few months ago, MintPal Exchange, the popular cryptocurrency exchange, fell apart due to alleged fraud and embezzlement by a con artist going by the name "Alex Green"/Ryan Kennedy/Ryan Gentle, CEO of Moolah LTD. Moolah was responsible for management of MintPal at the time.

As a shareholder of the company that acquired MintPal prior to its fallout, I have gained access to the old servers of MintPal where Monero keys were stored. Monero is the only major altcoin where all wallet balances are still intact, presumably due to an oversight by Ryan. All other major altcoin wallets appear to be empty. There is a criminal investigation ongoing regarding Moolah and Ryan Kennedy/Gentle, and we are working with law enforcement to seek retribution for our customers.

It took me some time due to all the legal hurdles surrounding this case to send you this email, and while the criminal and civil cases against Ryan are far from over, I no longer wish to remain the custodian of coins that belong to you.

The recovered database indicates that you have Monero coins in your MintPal wallet. In order to process the withdrawal of these coins, please respond to this email by Mar 31 and include the following information:

1) Your new Monero deposit address in your sole control where I can return your coins.

3) Estimated amount of XMR coins in your MintPal wallet. Leave blank if you can't remember. I have your record from the MintPal database back up taken prior to migration to V2.

Regards,
Ferdous

=9hWU

I've received the same. Haven't replied back as of yet.

The signed message fails. Here's his public key: https://keybase.io/ferdous/key.asc
I'm not sure if it's worth replying at this point.

Hell of a young person as well to be the director of a holdings company IMO. Can't find any information on what the name of the actual holding company is either.

Edit: One last thing too: why the hell would a director be emailing this from gmail and not a tld of their own company?

Second Edit: Removed pictures upon request.

Triple Edit: Removed his personal email upon request.

Will update if I receive my funds.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:19:41 AM

I'm here to vouch that he indeed returned the old mintpal wallet of karma coin with billions of coins to us (karma team) . We are getting close to send out an email to karma users from old mintpal data base to claim their coins back.

i believe he is out there trying his best to return the coins to the rightful owners. Why don't you wait until users respond before bashing

ferdous

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:27:41 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 03:09:18 PM by ferdous

I'm here to vouch that he indeed returned the old mintpal wallet of karma coin with billions of coins to us (karma team) . We are getting close to send out an email to karma users from old mintpal data base to claim their coins back.

i believe he is out there trying his best to return the coins to the rightful owners. Why don't you wait until users respond before bashing

That awkward moment when "Senior Members" call you a scammer because you asked them a wallet address where you can return their coin. Only on bitcointalk.

sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:12:16 PM

That awkward moment when "Senior Members" call you a scammer because you asked them a wallet address where you can return their coin. Only on bitcointalk.

That awkward moment when you believe this is a trustworthy place.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:01:36 PM

You have to be tolerant and understandable that this community has been going through a lot of scams and are hurt.

Soon as you start releasing the coins to the users they will come and thank you.

Cheers man!
dchou

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:39:30 PM

The email from Ferdous was legit.

I sent him my XMR address yesterday and just received them in my wallet just now.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:18:15 PM

The email from Ferdous was legit.

I sent him my XMR address yesterday and just received them in my wallet just now.

Same. Received 1k xmr back. Holy hell, did not expect that at all.

Cheers!
srmojuze

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 06:30:12 AM

Glad to hear, hopefully I can recover my XMR Smiley
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:09:49 AM

Dear MintPal Customer,

I have fucked everyone over to the tune of several million dollars between myself and two other real or imaginary persons who profited massively from the theft of users btc and other altcoins which i take full credit  for , we have gotten rich beyond our wildest dreams  and are now  doing our damndest to cover our tracks and avoid prosecution ,please continue to be gullible and stupid as you have been so generously thus far ........

I am going to return a few worthless shitcoins to get the community off my back and pretend that i didnt profit massively from this scam and blame it all on ryan and landon etc so please bear with me while a few monero are returned and forget about the real theft here of the thousands of btc which value into the millions  of $'s ......

Regards,
Ferdous

=9hWU
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Yep. What he said. ^
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: