Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:18:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226852 times)
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:00:45 PM

Cheesy Just be careful, your anger and empty threats may be the reason he runs with your money.

Or it may be the very reason he gives it all back after realising what a huge mistake he's made.

He'll only be free for so long, then he'll be caught, fined, and jailed. The only way out is to give the BTC back.

This may be, but some child posting his mothers info could get the money seized from everyone.

They need to feel the heat to give the BTC back. Heat like this: https://twitter.com/inkymoggy/status/525413876595433474

Lo and behold, 50 BTC to the suicidal guy. First it was "Please seek psychological help", now it's "Calm down, I'll pay you".

Heat works my man.

If someone threatened suicide I would have given them my own BTC, can't blame him there. But take this is this guy may actually care about making things right, so slow down the internet hate machine a bit, and focus on mature discussion, and leave the innocent out of it.
Technically if they were aware of his plans then they are accomplices to the scam right? And I thought someone mentioned that his mom has a scammer history... I mean if this alex/ryan/whatever guy is brought up on criminal charges they will go through his phone records to try to find out who else he texted and knew about his intentions. Truth will come out eventually and the pressure of that is some good heat by it's self once realized. IMO. The real question is whether or not these people are smart enough to realize the gravitas of the situation.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meccaflare0

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

The proof on the blockchain is here actually https://blockchain.info/address/1Eeu3H3AxkjxoJTF2GtGNDpAjJ6ENNZKsi
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:03:58 PM

Cheesy Just be careful, your anger and empty threats may be the reason he runs with your money.

Or it may be the very reason he gives it all back after realising what a huge mistake he's made.

He'll only be free for so long, then he'll be caught, fined, and jailed. The only way out is to give the BTC back.

This may be, but some child posting his mothers info could get the money seized from everyone.

They need to feel the heat to give the BTC back. Heat like this: https://twitter.com/inkymoggy/status/525413876595433474

Lo and behold, 50 BTC to the suicidal guy. First it was "Please seek psychological help", now it's "Calm down, I'll pay you".

Heat works my man.

If someone threatened suicide I would have given them my own BTC, can't blame him there. But take this is this guy may actually care about making things right, so slow down the internet hate machine a bit, and focus on mature discussion, and leave the innocent out of it.
Technically if they were aware of his plans then they are accomplices to the scam right? And I thought someone mentioned that his mom has a scammer history... I mean if this alex/ryan/whatever guy is brought up on criminal charges they will go through his phone records to try to find out who else he texted and knew about his intentions. Truth will come out eventually and the pressure of that is some good heat by it's self once realized. IMO.

His mothers name is attached to a business license, which means nothing. Many people (scam artist particular) are known to be very manipulative, and unfortunately even take advantage of close family members. Alex has taken full responsibility in his blog post, and is paying people back supposedly, albeit fucking slowly haha...

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:43:49 PM

Heat works my man.

Technically if they were aware of his plans then they are accomplices to the scam right? And I thought someone mentioned that his mom has a scammer history... I mean if this alex/ryan/whatever guy is brought up on criminal charges they will go through his phone records to try to find out who else he texted and knew about his intentions. Truth will come out eventually and the pressure of that is some good heat by it's self once realized. IMO.

His mothers name is attached to a business license, which means nothing. Many people (scam artist particular) are known to be very manipulative, and unfortunately even take advantage of close family members. Alex has taken full responsibility in his blog post, and is paying people back supposedly, albeit fucking slowly haha...

Stop supporting his relatives. We need to keep on with the pressure, not scale it down. It seems that the crook is afraid.
That bitch managed to ban my twitter account. Did anyone else got banned?
count_cyrpto

Activity: 288

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:47:52 PM

I've been out of the loop for a long time and realized I had some BTC in my Mintpal account. Luckily, I have a balance and issued a withdrawal, which shows that it's been requested under status.

Any idea on what else I should do? It's been about 24 hours since I've made the request.
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:50:55 PM

I have 600 Shadows there... Anyone can tell me if the V2 coins are gone?
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:05:11 PM

I don't think threatening his family will make him give the money back, but one of them may know his location.  He probably already thought about the possibility of his family being threatened before this so I doubt it will convince him of anything.
KarlSagan

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:09:27 PM

Wow! this is just pitiful. It really shows the need for decentralized exchanges in todays world. We really need to be supporting those projects...
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:14:13 PM

Wow! this is just pitiful. It really shows the need for decentralized exchanges in todays world. We really need to be supporting those projects...

The problem isn't the support, but finding a trusted dev that's not looking to scam people. 90%+ of the current devs on bitcointalk are scammers and probably <1% of the trusted devs have the ability to create a decentralized exchange.  Then the problem is giving incentive to those devs that can be trusted and have the ability.  How can you prove trust anymore when even the "respected" devs are doing shady things?
BBmmBB

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:34:42 PM

Heat works my man.

yes this is bizarre! *moolah has a pulse!   Shocked   >> https://twitter.com/moolah_io/with_replies
Luckylui

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:44:53 PM

Heat works my man.

yes this is bizarre! *moolah has a pulse!   Shocked   >> https://twitter.com/moolah_io/with_replies

I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY 12 BTC!!!!!!! >:0

GRN: GcALR1ppyB3hz4J8o9wFRdtFQd7GSA1Ydb / STR: gMZ5pGRzWPg23yBFiN5GTq8Jg8JgpmNrjF
https://www.laxotrade.com/?ref=ReRunRod
https://coinking.io/?r=9974
count_cyrpto

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:45:46 PM

I've been out of the loop for a long time and realized I had some BTC in my Mintpal account. Luckily, I have a balance and issued a withdrawal, which shows that it's been requested under status.

Any idea on what else I should do? It's been about 24 hours since I've made the request.

24 hours, lol.
I made my request eight days ago, only few minutes after the platform was live for withdrawal requests.
My status is still; "Withdrawal Status: Requested"
The platform will closes down @ oktober 31, a week from now.
After that, it's goodbye Kansas!

What do you mean goodbye Kansas? They're just going to take millions of dollars and people are just going to say oh well?

Mintpal was one of the better exchanges out there. What the hell happened?
erok

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:49:02 PM

Heat works my man.

This comment in particular caught my eye: "The issue is that we cannot pull money out of thin air - I am currently looking at another approach however." -moolah twitter

This implies to me that he is getting his POS on with everyone's coins and "paying people back" with the POS earnings which is why it is all taking so long. Which makes the payback eta look like it will happen sometime in the next 10 years.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
erok

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:50:26 PM

24 hours, lol.
I made my request eight days ago, only few minutes after the platform was live for withdrawal requests.

What do you mean goodbye Kansas? They're just going to take millions of dollars and people are just going to say oh well?

You really should read through this thread man. Moolah happened.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:50:29 PM

This entire thing is beyond ludicrous.  I kinda sorta got in the scene about the MtGox collapse time.  Mintpal I used and for a long while people were telling cryptsy movers to move to mintpal.  I paid enough attention to the Moolah sell that I probably would've pulled my funds off if I'd had any there.

But this is just beyond the veil of horrible for anybody wanting to hold crypto.  A decentralized exchange and easy multi sig safety nets for storing coins locally really needs to happen.

I'm sorry for your losses. 
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:53:56 PM

Heat works my man.

Stop supporting his relatives. We need to keep on with the pressure, not scale it down. It seems that the crook is afraid.

If you were the one insinuating a threat of her father then it was a justified ban. I havge seen a few bans in the last few days that were justified harassment.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
sushibi

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:16:17 PM

I don't think threatening his family will make him give the money back, but one of them may know his location.  He probably already thought about the possibility of his family being threatened before this so I doubt it will convince him of anything.

Follow the timelines with him releasing coins and scaling back his theft. Yeah, prety much on par with the release of information, so i would have to argue that, drastically.
erok

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:28:22 PM

Heat works my man.

If you were the one insinuating a threat of her father then it was a justified ban. I havge seen a few bans in the last few days that were justified harassment.
How does one see bans on twitter?

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:32:47 PM

If the family comes under fire the he only has himself to blame for it

Same goes for the gf  and her family,  if they want to make restitutions they can

If not......  whatever happens happens
count_cyrpto

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:36:09 PM

24 hours, lol.

You really should read through this thread man. Moolah happened.

Yeah, I'm just confused by the whole process. I try to log into my account to withdraw my BTC and can't.

It seems like a lot of people are in the same boat. Just frustrated and amazed that this shit continues to happen. Mintpal seemed legit to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: