Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:23:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:54:26 AM

Wow, 10+++ new replies just from the few minutes I took to read that. ;p

Gonna type it out anyhows, in case it wasn't asked yet.

Not being a lawyer, I may be confused on this. But a Default handled through legal channels should only need the fund managers' info, in the case of the 'pass throughs', I would assume.. Being called pass throughs doesn't really change the legal definition of them. Of which I am not clear exactly what the proper term would be.

I am completely baffled that he would need a break down of all the names though. Some of the things he suggests lead me to believe he has fallen under some kind of AML problem. BUT, if that were the case then they would want a lot more info than just the bond holder's 'handle' and BTC address.

He says this;
"<pirateat40> Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders.
<pirateat40> At his time, all Pirate Pass-Thru operators are required to submit a list of their sub-accounts including; balance, forum / IRC name (or any other way of linking and confirming the account) and Bitcoin withdraw address. Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
<pirateat40> Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
<pirateat40> Principal and interest payments are subject to review.
<pirateat40> No timeline or further information is available at this time."

Ahh, the only other thing I can think of is that he has some legal requirement to directly inform every holder of the simple statement, "Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders."

If so, that's pretty fucking slick willy there.

Anyhows, I can think of a lot of other strange reasons for this configuration. And none of them are good.... :/

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:54:39 AM

Quote heavily cut down from original
<pirateat40> Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders.
<pirateat40> At his time, all Pirate Pass-Thru operators are required to submit a list of their sub-accounts including; balance, forum / IRC name (or any other way of linking and confirming the account) and Bitcoin withdraw address. Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
<pirateat40> Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
<pirateat40> No timeline or further information is available at this time.
This bit is interesting to me, but as has been said, smoke and mirrors abound.

It makes me laugh.  It is almost identical to the way Bitcoinica handled there shit.  We all know how well that went. 

Simply gave them weeks of extra time to get the hell out of Dodge. 
Almost like Pirate was paying attention, isn't it?
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:56:52 AM

Quote heavily cut down from original
<pirateat40> Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders.
<pirateat40> No timeline or further information is available at this time.
This bit is interesting to me, but as has been said, smoke and mirrors abound.

It makes me laugh.  It is almost identical to the way Bitcoinica handled there shit.  We all know how well that went. 

Simply gave them weeks of extra time to get the hell out of Dodge. 
Almost like Pirate was paying attention, isn't it?

It's almost like this could have been predicted.....

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:59:01 AM

Wow, 10+++ new replies just from the few minutes I took to read that. ;p

Gonna type it out anyhows, in case it wasn't asked yet.

Not being a lawyer, I may be confused on this. But a Default handled through legal channels should only need the fund managers' info, in the case of the 'pass throughs', I would assume.. Being called pass throughs doesn't really change the legal definition of them. Of which I am not clear exactly what the proper term would be.

I am completely baffled that he would need a break down of all the names though. Some of the things he suggests lead me to believe he has fallen under some kind of AML problem. BUT, if that were the case then they would want a lot more info than just the bond holder's 'handle' and BTC address.

He says this;
"<pirateat40> Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders.
<pirateat40> No timeline or further information is available at this time."

Ahh, the only other thing I can think of is that he has some legal requirement to directly inform every holder of the simple statement, "Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders."

If so, that's pretty fucking slick willy there.

Anyhows, I can think of a lot of other strange reasons for this configuration. And none of them are good.... :/

Pirate may be facing racconteering charges and to lessen his prison term he is working with the feds to get as much info as possible.

sadpandatech

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:59:53 AM

Pirate actions are totally dubious here.
Technically Goat's bond is a derivative of Pirates investment.  Goat is the only investor.  That doesn't mean Goat can keep any money from Pirate but the bondholders are creditors of Goat not Pirate.  Pirate should pay Goat and then Goat disburses payments to bondholders.  My guess is Pirate is using this as a totally lame ass method to reduce his liabilities.  He thinks he can negate any debtor who's information he doesn't get before his arbitrary deadline.  It also puts Goat between a rock and a hard places.  Many of the bondholders will be demanding Goat do what Pirate asks (even if wrong) so they can at least get pennies on the dollar.  If Goat resists then he will get blamed.

TL/DR:
Pirate isn't just a scammer he is a fucking sociopath. Even in the very end he is willfully fucking over everyone,  even the bond issuers.

Crappy situation to be in Goat.  It is going to be lose-lose.

yea, thats about the lines I'm thinking as well, D&T..

The only thing I demand Goat do is to seriously contact his lawyer and find out what he needs to file to stop any further shinanegans.

Also, if you need help tracking down any real world info on Trendon, the location or routes of BTC funds, etc etc, hit me up. I've got records inbound now from TX on some things and am available to do further 'research'..

cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:01:00 AM

I will be calling 'The Lending Partners' in McKinney to find my funds, as Trendon is the Director (or so he pretends to be on the Internet).

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Lending.Partners.972-665-1900

Might as well implicate a financial organization, since this scam could go much deeper yet.....

yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:02:42 AM

Pirate actions are totally dubious here.
Technically Goat's bond is a derivative of Pirates investment.  Goat is the only investor.  That doesn't mean Goat can keep any money from Pirate but the bondholders are creditors of Goat not Pirate.  Pirate should pay Goat and then Goat disburses payments to bondholders.  My guess is Pirate is using this as a totally lame ass method to reduce his liabilities.  He thinks he can negate any debtor who's information he doesn't get before his arbitrary deadline.  It also puts Goat between a rock and a hard places.  Many of the bondholders will be demanding Goat do what Pirate asks (even if wrong) so they can at least get pennies on the dollar.  If Goat resists then he will get blamed.

TL/DR:
Pirate isn't just a scammer he is a fucking sociopath. Even in the very end he is willfully fucking over everyone,  even the bond issuers.

Crappy situation to be in Goat.  It is going to be lose-lose.

yea, thats about the lines I'm thinking as well, D&T..

The only thing I demand Goat do is to seriously contact his lawyer and find out what he needs to file to stop any further shinanegans.

Also, if you need help tracking down any real world info on Trendon, the location or routes of BTC funds, etc etc, hit me up. I've got records inbound now from TX on some things and am available to do further 'research'..

cheers

Time to get that crazy statistical software that was used months back by University researchers to prove BTC is not so anonymous.  

Suddenly the need for something like GPUmax becomes much clearer.  

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 03:04:09 AM

Declaring bankruptcy before he can get sued.  Niiiiiiice

It doesn't work that way, at least not in the US.  
You can only file a PETITION for bankruptcy and only a judge can discharge your debts.  An open lawsuit it going to stay the discharge.
Now maybe Pirate thinks it works this way or maybe he is just an idiot.

Or maybe he's going into voluntary administration. That would fit with the facts as presented in IRC.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
sadpandatech

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

I will be calling 'The Lending Partners' in McKinney to find my funds, as Trendon is the Director (or so he pretends to be on the Internet).

Might as well implicate a financial organization, since this scam could go much deeper yet.....

You sure that's not just the people that handled the short sale on his forclosed property a few years back?

Declaring bankruptcy before he can get sued.  Niiiiiiice

It doesn't work that way, at least not in the US.  
You can only file a PETITION for bankruptcy and only a judge can discharge your debts.  An open lawsuit it going to stay the discharge.
Now maybe Pirate thinks it works this way or maybe he is just an idiot.

Or maybe he's going into voluntary administration. That would fit with the facts as presented in IRC.

hmm, another interesting angle.

I propose though, in order for him to file any thing. Would he not have to first prove him or his business was responsible to a debt?

The whole thing has me steemed and I was sketched enough to stay out of it. :/  On that note, going to go clear me head. ;p

- GA

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:10:35 AM

You sure that's not just the people that handled the short sale on his forclosed property a few years back?

If he lists himself as 'Trendon Shavers - Director' ....then I am certain they would love to hear about this. 1 bad apple....just the exposure they need.

Marlene,
Please send your professional resume to career@tlpoffice.com. Be sure to include the type of position you're interested in and salary requirements.
Thanks,
Trendon Shavers
Director

sadpandatech

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:15:11 AM

If he lists himself as 'Trendon Shavers - Director' ....then I am certain they would love to hear about this. 1 bad apple....just the exposure they need.

Marlene,
Please send your professional resume to career@tlpoffice.com. Be sure to include the type of position you're interested in and salary requirements.
Thanks,
Trendon Shavers
Director

I believe he is the Director of the "marketing" Branch of this firm; http://www.tlpwebsite.com/aboutus  and    http://www.tlpdfw.com/contactdfw
If he is Director of anything that is. You sure that's our Trendon?

reading more... interesting indeed...

- GA

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:20:51 AM

Marlene,
Thanks,
Trendon Shavers
Director

I believe he is the Director of the "marketing' Branch of this firm; http://www.tlpwebsite.com/aboutus  and    http://www.tlpdfw.com/contactdfw

reading more... interesting indeed...

It's best to simply connect as many DOTS and KNOWN ASSOCIATES and let the Investigating Team sort it all out, once all info is provided.

The best way to ruin him will be to add pressure from EVERY avenue.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:22:53 AM

The above is why I thought he was a real world Loan Shark and Shady Realestate proprietor/foreclosure/house-flipper type.

With THAT in mind, his 'business' could have worked. I obviously had myself TOO convinced.

sadpandatech

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:26:25 AM

The above is why I thought he was a real world Loan Shark and Shady Realestate proprietor/foreclosure/house-flipper type.

With THAT in mind, his 'business' could have worked. I obviously had myself TOO convinced.

Where did this msg here orginate from;
"Marlene,
Thanks,
Trendon Shavers
Director
"

sorry to hear that. :/  Just proof that NO ONE is immune to miscalculating a character judgement.

I'd still like to validate that the above is the correct Trendon. Ima take a break. If you have other info please PM it to me. thanks.

- GA

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:30:40 AM

Goat, what are your plans for these bonds. Will you keep them open in case Pirate actually returns something?
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 04:20:07 AM

Goat, what are your plans for these bonds. Will you keep them open in case Pirate actually returns something?

Yes, if pirate will pay back something I will pass it on.

I see no reason to stop trading now.

I'm pretty sure he will pay back a percentage, though I'm not sure exactly how much. I'll try to find out more.

Mousepotato
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 04:58:24 AM

He's probably bullshitting.  It's a 60 year old company and he definitely doesn't hold a significant role if he's even associated with them.

http://www.tlpwebsite.com/aboutus

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 04:59:09 AM

Wrd, on top of that I don't understand why bonds are ”tricky”. Just pay out the security issuer (Goat) and let him divvy it up from there. The only reason why it would be ”tricky” is if he (or whoever its using him aa sock puppet) wanted to ID all the bond holders. I wonder why he would want to do that?

Mousepotato
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:05:38 AM

It's obvious why Trendon wants to deal with individuals.

Someone with 50 BTC debt will likely take 25 to get it over with. An account with 5000 BTC will NOT simply settle for 2500 BTC.

Although it was NEVER about dollars previously.....it will soon be.

It's his own version of a '50% attack' on a different scale...LMAO

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:09:56 AM

Wrd, on top of that I don't understand why bonds are ”tricky”. Just pay out the security issuer (Goat) and let him divvy it up from there. The only reason why it would be ”tricky” is if he (or whoever its using him aa sock puppet) wanted to ID all the bond holders. I wonder why he would want to do that?

I don't believe pirate is being legit but if he was then you pay creditors directly rather than through intermediaries so that you're not liable if the pass-throughs don't pay.

There is no good reason whatsoever for him refusing to give the pass-through operators contact details for his lawyer or accountant though.  It makes me wonder if pirate is collecting information because he hasn't maintained adequate records and he needs it to now create them.  Normally, the information would be submitted directly to the accountant/lawyer handling an insolvency and verified against existing business records.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: