Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:02:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 05:19:11 PM

btw - where is your git Epsylon3? ...

#crysx

in my signature...

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 05:30:34 PM

@nubminer, joblo,

OK....OK....I get it ppl. I know that these algos can be similar, and tricky, and that they are, as was put to me, 'added features'.......etc. We were mildly drifting off the thread subject (ccminer),.....again, etc. So......back off bitches!!   Oh, comon.....don't get your feelin's hurt. I'm joking here, just kidding on stuff. Really   Grin

Now...we are all just workin' together to help get the most we can from this code (ccminer). That's all this is about. As for the difference in speed between 50 vs, 51. I've been running the latest compile for 51 via Miner Control, which I did a re-write on for the nVidia version, am have got to say that 51 runs much more stable than 50. It's been running for well over 28hrs. now @ 6.5+ Mh mining quark on my 750Ti with these settings from the default...

ASUS GTX750Ti DFseries 2GB /w 6pin ribbon using GPUTweak, GPU +172, mem -60, fans auto, the temp never over 72C, voltage never over 1143mV, these .bat switches -q -i 22.9 -r 3 -R 10 --cpu-priority 2 -a quark. I have no control /w voltage as it is hard-coded and NONE of the OC programs will unlock. I did try to re-flash but that isn't allowed either. So this card is maxed.

That works for MY card. There are a bunch of other GTX750Ti cards out there, and they are all different. You have to find what works for yours. Plain and simple. But, I may have given you guys a place to start. I just know what works for me and I'm retired so I have time to play.

It was put to this group for someone to try the blake algo. So....I did, and was only relaying the results I got (not knocking anything/anyone). I could have posted a screen shot, but that's a pain in the ... never mind, the error was.. H-not-zero...I have no clue what that refers to, don't care, just know it didn't work in pool or solo. I test things, I push to the max just to see what it does. I couldn't get '-a blake' to function. That's all, so have fun, let me know what needs to be done, and I'll try it. For now....I'M LOVIN' 51.

Happy mining    Shocked

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:14:46 PM

Version 51 has a lower memory usage and higher default intensity. Less memory usage and less power.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:18:50 PM

Blake was working the last time I tried. Run -a blake --benchmark. It will return found nounce xxx after a while.. but there are different versions of blake. Blake,pentablake,blake256 etc. Make sure your coin is using then same version Of the hashingn algorithm.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Nubminer

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:16:41 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 08:38:35 PM by Nubminer

Version 51 has a lower memory usage and higher default intensity. Less memory usage and less power.

My quark intensity is set at 24 in startup batch

FYI I ran the same test on X11 at solo.nicehash I am getting 10575 per card for a total of 21150 k/h reported out of ccminer using release 50 setting intensity at 21

however when I run release 51 I am only seeing 10050 per card out of ccminer.

also nicehash is only reporting 13 to 15 M/h total no matter what release I use

they are both NVIDIA brand GTX980 Cards

it may be the card brand that is having the issue.. I have my GPU at +253 and I am seeing temperatures of 65ºC avg.
I can try other algos and see if the same holds true if you want

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 02:15:02 AM

btw - where is your git Epsylon3? ...

#crysx

in my signature...

thats right ... my apologies ...

i keep forgetting you are tprovot ...

much appreciated Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 02:27:38 AM

FYI I ran the same test on X11 at solo.nicehash I am getting 10575 per card for a total of 21150 k/h reported out of ccminer using release 50 setting intensity at 21

it may be the card brand that is having the issue.. I have my GPU at +253 and I am seeing temperatures of 65ºC avg.

i think the issue with all of this is that very few people are grading the performance on 'stock' cards ...

yes - even when you dont mess with the tweaking of the clocks and voltages - each card is different - thats fine ...

but if we all want a baseline comparison - ALL cards should be run with NO tweaking of any sort ( as sp already includes higher intensity levels in the code anyway ) THEN we can have a baseline dataset to compare to for the various cards out there ...

adjust intensities and voltages and other tweaks as you will after that - and record another reading which gives you a comparison of 'base' to 'tweaked' ...

most of the algos dont require much settings apart from intensity - where other algos require parameters to tweak them further ...

so if there is anything that really needs to be done - its a baseline measurement ( for all the cards ) that the tweaks and settings can be compared to ...

i would do it - but my time is so limited at the moment (and my spreadsheet skills leave very little to be desired ) with the rebuild and organization of the farm and all things associated ...

stock to tweaked to maxed ... thats a table that i would like to see Smiley ...

#crysx

5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:38:59 AM

You did AWESOME..!!!

I tried this a couple of months ago and was getting the same errors and I thought I was told that I needed the Full version of VS and the community version would not be compatible... I don't have that kind of money so I gave up until I saw your post. (the last time I bought VS was when VB6 came out (yea i know I am older than dirt)

anyway I ended up changing to release x64 and got it to compile just fine.. it is running and stable.

I do have exactly the same results with v50 being 400+ h/s faster than 51 and I am now trying to side by side compare the differences just to reverse engineer this and find out why it is slower...

That's curious. AFAIK changing the target architecture only affects the CPU code, not the Cuda code. If 64 works
but 32 doesn't there must be something messed up with your 32 bit environment, and it seems it's been that way
for a while.

As far as trying to reverse engineer this....ya really can't improve much on what sp_ has done. He, and the gang, are the best. I just test the product and let them figure it out. Just sayin....   Current code for blake mining returns the mining error...  H-not-zero.  Work on that.

I couldn't even fathom trying to improve what they have done... I am just curious as to why v51 that should be faster for quark is considerably slower on my cards.
And I don't expect anybody to do it for me so I figure I would at least make a vain attempt at it..

Use nVidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z or whatever program you choose to graph the GPU power usage.

What I have seen is the power limit being reached by the V45 and later sp_mod ccminer programs, which results in the card throttling itself.
This results in a square wave looking graph of the GPU power usage, and much lower reported and actual hashrate.

These later versions, especially V51 as it is the fastest and most intense, seem to be begging for a higher TDP limit BIOS flash.

V44 is the last version that is a little less intense. It might result in slightly less hashrate than V51 is capable of, but the sustained and steady GPU power usage results in more stable mining performance.

I am dragging my feet on flashing my GTX 970, but I see it as necessary to get the utmost performance out of sp_mod ccminer.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:59:54 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 07:27:05 AM by sp_

Use the 32 bit verson. build 51 has some pointer hacks that works best on 32 bit.
Also make sure that you have compute5.2 in the projectfile/makefile when building.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:01:23 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 06:29:06 AM by bensam1231

You did AWESOME..!!!

I tried this a couple of months ago and was getting the same errors and I thought I was told that I needed the Full version of VS and the community version would not be compatible... I don't have that kind of money so I gave up until I saw your post. (the last time I bought VS was when VB6 came out (yea i know I am older than dirt)

anyway I ended up changing to release x64 and got it to compile just fine.. it is running and stable.

I do have exactly the same results with v50 being 400+ h/s faster than 51 and I am now trying to side by side compare the differences just to reverse engineer this and find out why it is slower...

That's curious. AFAIK changing the target architecture only affects the CPU code, not the Cuda code. If 64 works
but 32 doesn't there must be something messed up with your 32 bit environment, and it seems it's been that way
for a while.

As far as trying to reverse engineer this....ya really can't improve much on what sp_ has done. He, and the gang, are the best. I just test the product and let them figure it out. Just sayin....   Current code for blake mining returns the mining error...  H-not-zero.  Work on that.

I couldn't even fathom trying to improve what they have done... I am just curious as to why v51 that should be faster for quark is considerably slower on my cards.
And I don't expect anybody to do it for me so I figure I would at least make a vain attempt at it..

Use nVidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z or whatever program you choose to graph the GPU power usage.

What I have seen is the power limit being reached by the V45 and later sp_mod ccminer programs, which results in the card throttling itself.
This results in a square wave looking graph of the GPU power usage, and much lower reported and actual hashrate.

These later versions, especially V51 as it is the fastest and most intense, seem to be begging for a higher TDP limit BIOS flash.

V44 is the last version that is a little less intense. It might result in slightly less hashrate than V51 is capable of, but the sustained and steady GPU power usage results in more stable mining performance.

I am dragging my feet on flashing my GTX 970, but I see it as necessary to get the utmost performance out of sp_mod ccminer.

What is your TDP limit? I have Gigabyte 970 cards and they max out at 112%, but I'm no where close to it without boosting the core. Mining quark, TDP is around 70%.

Is there anyway to see what the max TDP is on cards without purchasing them? Is there a database somewhere?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:33:50 AM

You can also  try this build

http://cryptomining-blog.com/4857-updated-windows-binary-of-the-ccminer-1-5-51-git-fork-by-sp-for-maxwell/

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:43:09 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 11:24:17 AM by tbearhere

The 980-ti is released  
http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-900/geforce-gtx-980-ti
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:46:24 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 07:57:18 AM by 5w00p

What is your TDP limit? I have Gigabyte 970 cards and they max out at 112%, but I'm no where close to it without boosting the core. Mining quark, TDP is around 70%.

Is there anyway to see what the max TDP is on cards without purchasing them? Is there a database somewhere?

TDP limit raised from 100% to 106% with slider in nVidia Inspector/MSI Afterburner.

Mining quark, it bumps right up against the limit and goes over it.

I don't know how to NOT overclock. Tongue

OC or die tryin!
-----
SP_, I am trying the build you recommended (http://cryptomining-blog.com/4857-updated-windows-binary-of-the-ccminer-1-5-51-git-fork-by-sp-for-maxwell/)

It is good.

Thanks!
Slava_K

Activity: 677

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:17:22 AM

lates git on qubit slower 30%

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:29:18 AM

for my gtx 750 #51 has the same performance with previous builds on qubit ...
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:01:21 AM

linux or windows?

Slava_K

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:02:41 AM

windows... previous versions 30000 mh (980+2x960), latest 22000mh

░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:08:44 AM

Strange. there are no changes on git after the 51. Does my exe producee the same results? Or the exe at cryptominingblog

Or are you building tvpruvot's version?

Slava_K

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:13:01 AM

Only your versions. Tomorrow i try to recompile and make a test.

░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
Nubminer

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:07:19 AM

Truth be told I thought this was your build wrapped in a different package... but in either case...

It Works.. I see +250 h/s per card over release 50 using this version..
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: