Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:24:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:35:54 PM

Ok....must be having a brain fart today. Setting up a .bat file for running nicehash. Solo mining runs fine for x11, but I'm having trouble with quark. Comes up telling me workio thread terminating. Would somebody else that mines on nicehash mind showing me a sample of a Windows .bat.

Thank You

edit; Hmmm....I can't try GPU mining with a 750Ti 2G? Really...what am I doing wrong today? Today is almost over and I want a do-over!
   OHH...duh! ccminer doesn't do scrypt. sheesh....I think I need some beers!!

edit; Anybody ever get a stable OC for the 750Ti above 1400Mhz? If so, clue me in. Best I have is 1400MHz GPU /w 5300 MHz Mem.
The 750ti oc sweet spot on gpu  1350  mem about + 80 for ccminer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:06:14 AM

<bunch o' whining>

You are making Americans look bad with your whiney, solipsistic, jealous-sounding rants toward someone who actually contributes to this thread.

Why don't you make like a bee and buzz off?
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 12:37:40 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 02:21:00 AM by CapnBDL

<bunch o' whining>
You are making Americans look bad with your whiney, solipsistic, jealous-sounding rants toward someone who actually contributes to this thread.

Didn't know that computers, code, etc, had a 'country'. Isn't this forum supposed to be about sharing/gaining knowledge & incite? Helping those who understand less. It's done for the common good. The love of a hobby, for some. Maybe this forum is here because we have fun. None of that says 'I'm from whatever country'. And it certainly doesn't scream that so 'n so is smarter than the other. We ALL have something to contribute. So, be humble. Be inquisitive. Be grateful. Can't we all just get along?

That being said...still need help with a .bat for nicehash/westhash. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Can't be that dang hard but getting workio thread terminating error. Sample plz.

Thank You

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 03:50:22 AM

-Blakecoin 130% faster
-Fixed high reject rates and improved performance lyra2
-Corrected the stats with multiple gpu-threads -g x
-Added a 'disable extranounce subscription' swith '-e'
-Tiny speedups in most algos.

1.5.50(sp-MOD) is available here: (9-may-2015)

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/tag/1.5.50

The sourcecode is available here:

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer

Looks good dude. Any chance of adding support for Cryptonote? Monero is still doing quite well and since TVIS there hasn't been a new or updated miner.

Big run on sentence.

Bro don't pretend you're the only one with experience, such a haughty pretense is liable to get you in a lot of trouble when stuff caves in around you because you think other people who disagree with you simply are 'inexperienced' and you throw out such opinions based on it.

Part of my point was you DON'T need to mine to make money. As I said, the money is in purchasing hashing power now and more so simply in playing markets without purchasing hardware to make a ROI on. The majority of the risk is in purchasing hardware, since no matter what you'll always have to play bitch to the market.

Not a lot of logic in what you're saying and a lot to do with philosophy. Philosophy is more opinion then fact and even if it loosely plays into logic, it doesn't always work. Hence why your entire rebuttal to what I said is 'I have knowledge, you don't, let me lecture you on it'. Just because you have a big financial backer doesn't mean you're correct in what you do or even right. For someone who 'values' knowledge so much you do seem to enjoy throwing out other peoples experience and opinions in favor of your own.

I know you're ESL, but figure out paragraphs and cohesive thought structure please. And no you don't live in Aussie. It's pretty easy to tell you're ESL, unless you're a aussie immigrant. Based on your connotation, the way you present yourself, and your philosophy I'd say you're middle eastern or chinese. Specifically when you say something like this "this fact is as exposed and protruding as a dogs proverbials'", no one who speaks english as a primary language would say something like that and it doesn't have a apparent direct translation.

wow ... just simply ... wow ...

nice take on something you have NO knowledge of - not an iota - in the abolsolute ... ME ...

you are SO wrong on SO many points and SO many levels bensam ...

so much so that i wont offer an explanation to anyone as closed minded about ME as you so evidently are ...

your assumptions that what i show here in 'cryptoworld' is anything like my presence in 'the real world' is completely and utterly wrong ... its not - and never will be ...

not in the way i present my self here - not in the way i write here - not in the way that i carry myself here ...

this is BITCOINTALK - not the REAL WORLD ...

your are wrong wrong WRONG ...

if there was anything that seemed to be an insult or an attack on you or any of the awesome people here - especially on this thread ( and apologies for this diversion sp ) - then my apologies to all and everyone that took anything i said as a negative ...

but wrong you are to ASSUME that i am anything like you described ... 'And no you don't live in Aussie' is a stark reminder of how WRONG you are ... both contextually and grammatically ...

but in the context of my grasp ( or lack thereof - in your opinion ) of the english vocabulary ( grammatically and the like ) - it seems that your perception of what is correct and what is not is skewed in ways that you cant even see ...

what was written earlier was not a 'im better than you' situation ... never has been - never will be ...

i speak from experience - not from a text book ...
i make mistakes - like everyone else ...
i DO - not just TALK ...
i am no 'better' than anyone else here - including you bensam ...

wrong on all counts - and then some ...

'financial backers' - like you KNOW? ... the farm ( in its current incarnation and in future - in all physical areas it resides ) - the software - the setup and design ... all off my own back - ALL of it ...

there are those that have less than i - and those that have WAY more than i ... in terms of knowledge - we are ALL learning ... so when you speak of 'miners NEED to' this and that - you speak in absolutes ... your assumption ( wrong once again ) that the 'real' reason for all of this is ROI is a shallow one at best ... especially when you conjure up a fictitious ramble about it being a philosophical conjecture rather than it being MY opinions and FACTS based on EXPERIENCE ...

a rebuttal ( had THIS been a courtroom and YOU been the judge ) would have been formally noted and dictated - with opening statements - a complete and comprehensive body - and a summary .. that all work in cohesion for a conclusion ...

but since its not - a reply is enough ... Wink ...

to share knowledge is the ONE thing that these forums and threads are all about ...

if i have had an issue with what i have been doing with the farm or the compile or setup or anything at all - then WE as a collective 'may' benefit from it ... especially those starting out and NEED direction ...

does this make me better than others? ... NUP! ... not in a million years ...

and your spiel on my whereabouts and nationality and background ... seriously? ...

i actually believed that it was not an issue WHERE you had come from - nor WHAT nationality you are - nor WHERE one resides ... except for the timezones that cause major issues for me - as ADELAIDE AUSTRALIA ( yes bensam - AUSTRALIA ) is the other side of the world to most here on bct ...

hehehe ... it seems we have hijacked the thread for this little spat ... this will be the last i speak on THIS subject bensam ...

and once again - apologies to all for the tangent bensam and i have taken ... at least - an apology from me ...

insofaras mining is concerned ... the latest that git has to offer will be cloned and compiled - then tested across the network ...

im aiming by the end of the week coming that the donations links will be available on most algos also ...

tanx guys - and apologies once again ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 03:59:42 AM

<bunch o' whining>

+1 ...

no more whinging or whining from me mate ... not on this subject anyway Wink ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:02:08 AM

Mmm looking at your username and profile, funny this comes from you after asking if there is Monero support in the works.

Didn't know that computers, code, etc, had a 'country'. Isn't this forum supposed to be about sharing/gaining knowledge & incite? Helping those who understand less. It's done for the common good. The love of a hobby, for some. Maybe this forum is here because we have fun. None of that says 'I'm from whatever country'. And it certainly doesn't scream that so 'n so is smarter than the other. We ALL have something to contribute. So, be humble. Be inquisitive. Be grateful. Can't we all just get along?

That being said...still need help with a .bat for nicehash/westhash. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Can't be that dang hard but getting workio thread terminating error. Sample plz.

Thank You

Yes it is. You don't have to agree to share knowledge though.

As far as a bat file, it's pretty easy to make one. If it's crashing you probably don't have the most up to date driver.

Here is what I have in mine

Code:
ccminer.exe -q -a quark -o stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3345 -u  -p x -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3345 -u  -p x

+1 ...

no more whinging or whining from me mate ... not on this subject anyway Wink ...

#crysx

How can you say that after just doing that in the post above it? ~_~

PS ellipsis aren't a substitute for paragraphs.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 04:03:10 AM

<bunch o' whining>

Thank You

+1 ...

once again - no more from me on that subject ...

as for the workio error ...

it seems that i can duplicate that error on my end also ... simply by increasing the intensity ( -i ) ...

do you have -i set? ... if not - then maybe the default intensity is too high for the setup of your cards ...

especially if you are overclocking them already ( at least thats what i understand - as the intensity setting increases the number of cuda threads ) ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 04:07:11 AM

Mmm looking at your username and profile, funny this comes from you after asking if there is Monero support in the works.

Thank You

Yes it is. You don't have to agree to share knowledge though.

As far as a bat file, it's pretty easy to make one. If it's crashing you probably don't have the most up to date driver.

Here is what I have in mine

Code:
ccminer.exe -q -a quark -o stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3345 -u  -p x -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3345 -u  -p x

+1 ...

#crysx

How can you say that after just doing that in the post above it? ~_~

simple bensam ... watch ...

btw - that batch file can be simplified ( if you want it that way ) to include the username and password in a single command rather than two separate .. if you want it that way that is ...

-O username:password ... rather than -u username - p password ...

also - sp does have a cryptonight optimized miner ... its just a private one ...

so become a donor and you get it as a private miner ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:44:50 AM

Ok....must be having a brain fart today. Setting up a .bat file for running nicehash. Solo mining runs fine for x11, but I'm having trouble with quark. Comes up telling me workio thread terminating. Would somebody else that mines on nicehash mind showing me a sample of a Windows .bat.

I assume your URL and algo are correct? I have seen a very similar problem and it only happened on nice/westhash and
only when running from a bat file. First, try the same ccminer command directly from the command line. Also try
another pool (like yaamp) from the bat file. If you only have problems with nicehash and only from the bat file it may
be the same problem I had.

In my case the bat file was working then it stopped working, failing to connect to the startum server.
A reboot fixed it (good old Windows). I have no idea what caused it. Gice it a try.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:07:27 AM

I assume your URL and algo are correct? I have seen a very similar problem and it only happened on nice/westhash and
only when running from a bat file. First, try the same ccminer command directly from the command line. Also try
another pool (like yaamp) from the bat file. If you only have problems with nicehash and only from the bat file it may
be the same problem I had.

In my case the bat file was working then it stopped working, failing to connect to the startum server.
A reboot fixed it (good old Windows). I have no idea what caused it. Gice it a try.

hi jo ...

nice to see you joined and around mate ...

welcome ...

and tanx for all your help with the issues that existed earlier - your advice was quite valuable ...

another 4 machines to be rebuilt with f20x64 today and will have those on again and mining ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:56:55 AM

another 4 machines to be rebuilt with f20x64 today and will have those on again and mining ...

You do realize that F20 is scheduled for EOL at the end of June? I'm planning to upgrade to Centos 7.1
and Cuda 7. I did a test compile on a Virtualbox VM without any issues as long as I use the Cuda run
file installer so I can skip installing the drivers (the VM don't like Nvidia drivers). Won't have to upgrade
the OS for several years.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:54:20 AM

I hope this question isn't off topic, I'm not aware of a cuda HW thread.

Does anyone have any experience with Gigabyte's half length 970? I'm concerned heat
would be an issue with everything crammed into half the space. If not it could be
suitable in a smaller case.

5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:00:38 AM

Does anyone have any experience with Gigabyte's half length 970? I'm concerned heat
would be an issue with everything crammed into half the space. If not it could be

I run a Zotac 970. It is "half-length" as you describe it.

Heat comes mostly from the GPU core, (yes, VRAM and VRM's etc do generate some heat, but not like the GPU core does) so while I do not have experience with any of the longer length cards, I can say that my card works just fine. OC's decently well with stock BIOS.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:13:19 AM

Hey all,

Thanks for the input for my .bat. I had already done everything mentioned so I have no flippin idea. Something is kicking me in nice/west. Works fine in yaamp. I'll work on it.

Thank you

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:16:07 AM

You do realize that F20 is scheduled for EOL at the end of June? I'm planning to upgrade to Centos 7.1
and Cuda 7. I did a test compile on a Virtualbox VM without any issues as long as I use the Cuda run
file installer so I can skip installing the drivers (the VM don't like Nvidia drivers). Won't have to upgrade
the OS for several years.

yes - i do understand that ...

all of the servers we have are RHEL based - scientific linux - that have the same support lifespan ...

unfortunately NONE of them have the bleeding edge tech that fedora has ...

then again - there really isnt any need to have that for miners when the new ones are built ( custom framed ones with 12 cards per rig ) ...

i used to use centos AGES ago until the kernel itself refused to run with more than 1 280x in it ...

thats all fixed now - and we mostly have nvidia cards in the farm - so may try it out ... both scientific linux AND centos ...

for now though - the rebuild of the current farm needs to finish as we are missing almost 1/3rd the hashrate because they are down ...

does cuda 7 work well - compiling and stability and all? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:17:15 AM

not sure about the 970 - but the 750ti oc lp cards have no issue ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:19:56 AM

Hey all,

Thanks for the input for my .bat. I had already done everything mentioned so I have no flippin idea. Something is kicking me in nice/west. Works fine in yaamp. I'll work on it.

Thank you

thats actually strange - as yaamp seems to be more of an issue than westhash with regards to rejects / drops in connections ...

only an hour ago - we couldnt access the site at all ...

could it be a firewall issue somewhere? ... just a stab in the dark there ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:20:45 AM

I run a Zotac 970. It is "half-length" as you describe it.

Heat comes mostly from the GPU core, (yes, VRAM and VRM's etc do generate some heat, but not like the GPU core does) so while I do not have experience with any of the longer length cards, I can say that my card works just fine. OC's decently well with stock BIOS.

is it in a case? ... or an open rig? ...

#crysx

Masked_Immortal

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:33:07 AM

I am getting this error and the non-responding program window then ccminer stops.
this is strange because i havnt had any issues with release 48
changing i or g did not help
Free Image Hosting

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:39:25 AM

I am getting this error and the non-responding program window then ccminer stops.
this is strange because i havnt had any issues with release 48
changing i or g did not help
Free Image Hosting

what are your command parameters? ...

ccminer.exe xxx xxx xxx ? ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: