Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:18:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 11:36:18 AM

Lazy..
The windows builds produce more hash, and use less power. You can get 100% more  profit if you switch to windows.
not supporting linux in this way dulls the shine you have with this fork ...
#crysx

I will continue to support linux. But the memclock/gpuclock is windows only for now.

we appreciate it sp ... especially all the work you have done so far ...

but i have to admit that such an advancement like this in ccminer would be a much missed feature for linux ...

what is it specifically that is the issue with this ( for it to be 'just' windows currently )? ...

is it the drivers that nvidia bring out? ... or the way that ccminer is built? ... or a combination of both? ... or something else entirely? ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:45:29 AM

Find an updated version of the nvidia-smi tool. Does it work to change the clocks with this tool for your graphic cards?

If not, I cannot help you on linux. It's a API/Driver problem.

on windows the tool is located here:

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:46:15 AM

Lazy..

The windows builds produce more hash, and use less power. You can get 100% more  profit if you switch to windows.

reason why I'm not buying nvidia: amd drivers for linux are bad but the situation with nvidia is even worse.
another reason is I wanna see the r9 3XX in action before buying for the winter.

Take it as a rumor for now but the only cards probably worth it will be the top of the line 3xx.

http://videocardz.com/55499/amds-hawaii-gpu-to-return-with-radeon-300-series

if amd are going the way they did with 7970 etc which were rebranded ( and that was it for the first round - just a rebrand ) as 280x - then for the next 6 months - we will not really see anything worth the while ...

unless of course they decide that an actual rebrand AND redesign is what they will bring out ...

but its all conjecture for the moment ... would be nice for a redesign though ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

R9 300 series will not be a rebrand only: there is new memory technology and other goodies; but they'll probably, at least intially, still be based on 28nm tehnology.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:49:19 AM

First set the right mode

nvidia-smi -pm 1

then set the right clock.

here is the tool's helpfile:

-pm,  --persistence-mode=   Set persistence mode: 0/DISABLED, 1/ENABLED
    -e,   --ecc-config=         Toggle ECC support: 0/DISABLED, 1/ENABLED
    -p,   --reset-ecc-errors=   Reset ECC error counts: 0/VOLATILE, 1/AGGREGATE
    -c,   --compute-mode=       Set MODE for compute applications:
                                0/DEFAULT, 1/EXCLUSIVE_THREAD,
                                2/PROHIBITED, 3/EXCLUSIVE_PROCESS
          --gom=                Set GPU Operation Mode:
                                    0/ALL_ON, 1/COMPUTE, 2/LOW_DP
    -r    --gpu-reset           Trigger reset of the GPU.
                                Can be used to reset the GPU HW state in situations
                                that would otherwise require a machine reboot.
                                Typically useful if a double bit ECC error has
                                occurred.
                                Reset operations are not guarenteed to work in
                                all cases and should be used with caution.
                                --id= switch is mandatory for this switch
    -ac   --applications-clocks= Specifies  clocks as a
                                    pair (e.g. 2000,800) that defines GPU's
                                    speed in MHz while running applications on a GPU.
    -rac  --reset-applications-clocks
                                Resets the applications clocks to the default values.
    -acp  --applications-clocks-permission=
                                Toggles permission requirements for -ac and -rac commands:
                                0/UNRESTRICTED, 1/RESTRICTED
    -pl   --power-limit=        Specifies maximum power management limit in watts.
    -am   --accounting-mode=    Enable or disable Accounting Mode: 0/DISABLED, 1/ENABLED
    -caa  --clear-accounted-apps
                                Clears all the accounted PIDs in the buffer.
          --auto-boost-default= Set the default auto boost policy to 0/DISABLED
                                or 1/ENABLED, enforcing the change only after the
                                last boost client has exited.
          --auto-boost-permission=
                                Allow non-admin/root control over auto boost mode:
                                0/UNRESTRICTED, 1/RESTRICTED

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:52:29 AM

Adjusting the clock settings could give a boost of 20% without drawing more power on some cards in some algos.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 11:53:18 AM

Lazy..

The windows builds produce more hash, and use less power. You can get 100% more  profit if you switch to windows.

reason why I'm not buying nvidia: amd drivers for linux are bad but the situation with nvidia is even worse.
another reason is I wanna see the r9 3XX in action before buying for the winter.

Take it as a rumor for now but the only cards probably worth it will be the top of the line 3xx.

if amd are going the way they did with 7970 etc which were rebranded ( and that was it for the first round - just a rebrand ) as 280x - then for the next 6 months - we will not really see anything worth the while ...

unless of course they decide that an actual rebrand AND redesign is what they will bring out ...

but its all conjecture for the moment ... would be nice for a redesign though ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

R9 300 series will not be a rebrand only: there is new memory technology and other goodies; but they'll probably, at least intially, still be based on 28nm tehnology.

thats what i figured would happen ...

but would be nice to see what they come up with AFTER the initial rebranding ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:00:36 PM

Lazy..
The windows builds produce more hash, and use less power. You can get 100% more  profit if you switch to windows.
#crysx

I will continue to support linux. But the memclock/gpuclock is windows only for now.

The results i posted are from Linux, the hash rates seem pretty comparable to Windows
results, no idea about the TDP.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 12:01:30 PM

Adjusting the clock settings could give a boost of 20% without drawing more power on some cards.

exactly my point ...

we dont have 30 machines .. yet ...

but even with the farm in its present form - it would gain a huge boost ...

the only factor is that using the smi tool is fiddly and VERY complicated ...

hence the reason for the wait for the simple --gpuclock --memclock type of parameters ... which are a GodSend for ccminer ... ( and make it VERY simple in sgminer ) ...

ive used and tested the smi tool - it does work ... BUT the amount of work put into it is monstrous ...

nvidia do not make it easy - and easy is what we want ...

in any case ... there is much more work to be done on the current farm while we build the 'new' one ... so simplicity is the hey to ANY miner for ANY system - whether windows or linux - whether single machine or farm ...

next week im personally committing an entire week to the farm then full time into this ...

will let you know how we go with it all sp ...

tanx ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:07:48 PM

Adjusting the clock settings could give a boost of 20% without drawing more power on some cards.
exactly my point ...
we dont have 30 machines .. yet ...
but even with the farm in its present form - it would gain a huge boost ...
the only factor is that using the smi tool is fiddly and VERY complicated ...

sudo?

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:08:59 PM

Lazy..
#crysx
The results i posted are from Linux, the hash rates seem pretty comparable to Windows
results, no idea about the TDP.

Can you run the nvidia command line tool to check wich clockrates the card is running on?

I get 3420KHASH on my overclocked 750ti in windows when mining x11.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:16:00 PM

Make a textfile with a script and call it sp.x:

nvidia-smi -pm 1
nvidia-smi -ac 1350,1350
ccminer -quark ...... pool btc adress etc.

(you might need to change the paths and give the correct admin rights to nvidia-smi)

chmod +arwx sp.x

then just write sp.x and press enter.

Then you need to find the correct clocks for your card. Replace the 1350 / 1350 with something bether. You should also messure the powerusage to get the optimal hash/watt rate.

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:18:42 PM

I get
Stratum connection failed:....

from Yaamp

and

...retry after 30 seconds

from west/nice hash

for which algos? ... most? ...

yaamp is now down - the owner / dev committed a comment to their thread ... saying that their severs have been compromised ...

no time frame as to when it is coming back up - only the 'promise' of it coming back up better than before ...

sad to see ... this could be another multipool down and out for the count ... will see whether they get back up soon or not ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508786.msg11401645#msg11401645 ...

#crysx

yes yaamp is down, i tried only quark @ nice/west and it didn't connect.

quark ALWAYS seems to be down at westhash ...

well - not always - but a lot of the time ... Tongue ...

ive emailed support regarding the continuous disconnects of ALL algos for the donation links ( stratum proxies ) and have yet to hear back from them concerning that ...

it seems that if the ip that connects to their stratum servers stays idle for a while - it kicks it off and doesnt allow a reconnect ... which is why ( if you are using the donation links for sp or granitecoin at the moment ) are not functional ...

They used to failover to yaamp - but alas - yaamp is down indefinitely now ...

does anyone here know of a 'good' multipool that does the same thing as yaamp and westhash / nicehash - that we can setup as a failover for the donation links? ...

#crysx

Crysx, I don't see the problems you are having with westhash. I've had a continuous connection to the quark
pool for 1575 minutes. As I mentioned to Masked_Immortal the only problem i see on westhash is the
one retry message on startup. Does your proxy support extranonce?

Ditto on the search for a good multipool. I have used simplemulti and xpool but the're focussed on x11/DASH, and neither
has a quark pool.  I don't know what's behind Mintsy's front page. Globalhash looked promissing but came
and went in less than a weekl. It's looking like it's nicehash & westhash for now.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 12:42:35 PM

Make a textfile with a script and call it sp.x:

nvidia-smi -pm 1
nvidia-smi -ac 1350,1350
ccminer -quark ...... pool btc adress etc.

(you might need to change the paths and give the correct admin rights to nvidia-smi)

chmod +arwx sp.x

then just write sp.x and press enter.

Then you need to find the correct clocks for your card. Replace the 1350 / 1350 with something bether. You should also messure the powerusage to get the optimal hash/watt rate.

tanx sp ...

im familiar with writing very BASIC scripts ( as the entire farm runs on scripts ive written for its automation ) ... but the setup is the major issue with this ...

the settings are never persistent which is why im guessing you are adding the settings into the initial part of the script ...

will have a look into this much deeper with the test machine tomorrow as its late here now ...

its interesting that the overclocking brings in such a difference ...

under x11 - the most i can squeeze out on stock clocks with the gigabyte 750ti oc lp card is about 2850KH ...

whereas you are getting more than 3400KH ...

definitely worth investigating further ... as the whole farm is based on the x11 algo mining ...

will let you know ... and tanx again ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 12:44:58 PM

I get
Stratum connection failed:....

from Yaamp

and

...retry after 30 seconds

from west/nice hash

for which algos? ... most? ...

yaamp is now down - the owner / dev committed a comment to their thread ... saying that their severs have been compromised ...

no time frame as to when it is coming back up - only the 'promise' of it coming back up better than before ...

sad to see ... this could be another multipool down and out for the count ... will see whether they get back up soon or not ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508786.msg11401645#msg11401645 ...

#crysx

yes yaamp is down, i tried only quark @ nice/west and it didn't connect.

quark ALWAYS seems to be down at westhash ...

well - not always - but a lot of the time ... Tongue ...

ive emailed support regarding the continuous disconnects of ALL algos for the donation links ( stratum proxies ) and have yet to hear back from them concerning that ...

it seems that if the ip that connects to their stratum servers stays idle for a while - it kicks it off and doesnt allow a reconnect ... which is why ( if you are using the donation links for sp or granitecoin at the moment ) are not functional ...

They used to failover to yaamp - but alas - yaamp is down indefinitely now ...

does anyone here know of a 'good' multipool that does the same thing as yaamp and westhash / nicehash - that we can setup as a failover for the donation links? ...

#crysx

Crysx, I don't see the problems you are having with westhash. I've had a continuous connection to the quark
pool for 1575 minutes. As I mentioned to Masked_Immortal the only problem i see on westhash is the
one retry message on startup. Does your proxy support extranonce?

Ditto on the search for a good multipool. I have used simplemulti and xpool but the're focussed on x11/DASH, and neither
has a quark pool.  I don't know what's behind Mintsy's front page. Globalhash looked promissing but came
and went in less than a weekl. It's looking like it's nicehash & westhash for now.

yes - the extranonce 'feature' is built in with it ...

stratehm proxy ... though it is one of the earlier ( and in my opinion more stable ) versions ...

will test how the newer version responds ... ive contacted westhash support - so will see what they say about it also ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:09:52 PM

definitely worth investigating further ... as the whole farm is based on the x11 algo mining ...
will let you know ... and tanx again ...
#crysx

That is 20% more hash.

If your profit today is 20% after the electric bills are payed, the profit will  increase 100% with overclocking.

A few percent is what makes the difference between a broke farmer and a rich farmer.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:14:57 PM

Best part is, I hear Nvidia won't get to use the new memory tech for the better part of a year. The first ones will probably be 28nm, but if they do get a die shrink too, it'll slaughter the 980Ti, I bet.

good. More cores, cheaper price. What do you need the memory for?
Scrypt mining?

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:21:15 PM

Best part is, I hear Nvidia won't get to use the new memory tech for the better part of a year. The first ones will probably be 28nm, but if they do get a die shrink too, it'll slaughter the 980Ti, I bet.

good. More cores, cheaper price. What do you need the memory for?
Scrypt mining?

cryptonight, lyra2re, scrypt-jane....

Grout

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:21:31 PM

Just had a look, and a windows 8.1 license is 119€ for me. The pro version is needed for remote desktop (if you don't want to move display, keyboard and mouse around) and costs 279€.
Even if the hashrate is better, it's going to take quite some time to ROI that license cost. With that kind of money, I'd rather buy two more cards and buy you a few beers :-/
Maybe it's OK for people who have 6*970 rigs. But for me and my measly 3*750ti rig, it's a no-go.

Edit: Windows 7 pro 64 bits is 'only' 180€ in OEM version and should upgrade for free to windows 10 when it is released...
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:26:30 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 01:50:39 PM by CapnBDL

Should I try using the nvidia-smi tool if I'm OCing my 750Ti with GPUTweak? Been on westhash now for 32hrs. and getting 6325+ kh /w quark.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 02:08:42 PM

Lazy..

Smiley ...

#crysx

which probably means that amd cards will hash harder than ever before ...

is cuda 7 doing much in terms of optimized code for current and future nvidia cards? ...

#crysx

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: