Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 04:42:05 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 08:05:21 PM by CapnBDL

I give up...all I know is that it works. Here's a great question; since all these new mods have been introduced, is anybody gonna take the time to update a readme file so we know wtf is going on /w the new switches?

edit; if the readme had some suggested parameters would really rock.

Tell ya what...if I get help from this forum, I'll do it. If everyone would test 1 or prefer 2 algo's and just send 'em to me /w what card or cards they tested. And if the devs will send me what the new switches are, what they do, etc., I'll take the current readme and compile a new readme /w a git posting. I could even add it to the .zip, I think. I know zip will allow adding a file so...what do ya say...anybody in for this? Like a concise version.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 08:53:20 PM

Wheeew! Just tried Lyra and my vid driver got blown outa da water!! Anyone got some rough seting for Lyra2RE?

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:59:08 PM

I give up...all I know is that it works. Here's a great question; since all these new mods have been introduced, is anybody gonna take the time to update a readme file so we know wtf is going on /w the new switches?

Tell ya what...if I get help from this forum, I'll do it. If everyone would test 1 or prefer 2 algo's and just send 'em to me /w what card or cards they tested. And if the devs will send me what the new switches are, what they do, etc., I'll take the current readme and compile a new readme /w a git posting. I could even add it to the .zip, I think. I know zip will allow adding a file so...what do ya say...anybody in for this? Like a concise version.

Good idea but I'm not sure the ccminer readme file is the best place for card specific data. The data will have to
be maintained as new cards are introduced. If ccminer development slows the data wil become obsolete pretty fast.
There is already some very obsolete information in the readme and help referring to coins that are long dead.

What you're suggesting sounds like a small database considering the number of algos times the number of different
cards. Even within one model and board manufacturer there are several variations of memory and clock speeds.
Keeping it out of ccminer allows it to be updated independently of ccminer development.

I suggest starting out by compiling the current data and posting here. If you or someone else feels ambitious
they could put it in a database and put it up on a web site.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 09:06:58 PM

Good idea but I'm not sure the ccminer readme file is the best place for card specific data. The data will have to
be maintained as new cards are introduced. If ccminer development slows the data wil become obsolete pretty fast.
There is already some very obsolete information in the readme and help referring to coins that are long dead.

What you're suggesting sounds like a small database considering the number of algos times the number of different
cards. Even within one model and board manufacturer there are several variations of memory and clock speeds.
Keeping it out of ccminer allows it to be updated independently of ccminer development.

I suggest starting out by compiling the current data and posting here. If you or someone else feels ambitious

Well, as long as the forum helps out it really wouldn't be all that hard to put it in a spreadsheet type of thing. But that's going very deep. I was more or less looking at updating the readme that's with currently. It doesn't have to be exact. And be put in a concise form, similar to what is there. Get rid of the old crap, add the new mods, switches, etc. and a short form of, not recommended or highest, but starting places for people. EX. What just happenned to me...give me a rough idea of where to set a card for Lyra2RE......edit; we could easlier lowball  the numbers. Even newbies know this is just a starting place, not all emcompassing. (fat fingers..lol)

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:51:27 PM

So I'm actually curious why everyone talks about the TDP slider all the time. Why would it matter what the TDP slider is set at? It should just be set at the highest value just like with AMD cards. It wont use more power unless you turn up the mhz and even then it'll eventually crash unless you add more voltage. It just seems like a unnecessary variable as the TDP slider doesn't really increase efficiency if you decrease it as it will decrease your clockrates too, unless I'm mistaken.

What's the point of using the TDP slider over clocks/overvolts? Is it just my card that has a unlocked voltage modifier?

A extra six pin power connector doesn't necessarily mean it uses more power either. It can have a power connector and have lower core voltage, but uses the connector for cleaner power delivery instead of trying to pull everything through the bus. If it has a higher TDP, that also means it has higher core voltage, although it's not a absolute unit of measurement as each unit can be different (between bioses and versions).

To my understanding the TDP slider or power target limit is a hardcap on the maximum power the card uses. That is not necessarily translate into watt used by the card. The fans, the memory and the core itself all have to be collectively under the limit. If the limite is reached, you can't increase the clock speeds with overclocking because there's no power to do so. That's why you could reach higher core overclocks if you downclocked the memory in Kepler cards (probably applies to Maxwell as well) because then the memory used less and of course the fans can't get limited in power.

Not your keys, not your coins!
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 11:24:06 PM

Well, as long as the forum helps out it really wouldn't be all that hard to put it in a spreadsheet type of thing. But that's going very deep. I was more or less looking at updating the readme that's with currently. It doesn't have to be exact. And be put in a concise form, similar to what is there. Get rid of the old crap, add the new mods, switches, etc. and a short form of, not recommended or highest, but starting places for people. EX. What just happenned to me...give me a rough idea of where to set a card for Lyra2RE......edit; we could easlier lowball  the numbers. Even newbies know this is just a starting place, not all emcompassing. (fat fingers..lol)

Agreed. The readme could contain some generic recommendations such as how the amount of memory, overclocking or
other factors affect the choice or parms and which algos benefit the most from which parms. Newbies should probably
stick with the defaults, I believe some defaults are tweaked automatically for each algo. perhaps SP could chime in with
his thoughts.

I don't play with these parms myself so it may be a bit hypocritical of me to be so opinionated but I just thought what you
were proposing was too much for a readme file.

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Wheeew! Just tried Lyra and my vid driver got blown outa da water!! Anyone got some rough seting for Lyra2RE?

LYRA2--

Use a low intensity setting for Lyra2.  Using "-i 16.5" with  no other performance switches works for my 750ti SSC cards.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 12:48:26 AM

LYRA2--

Use a low intensity setting for Lyra2.  Using "-i 16.5" with  no other performance switches works for my 750ti SSC cards.       --scryptr

Thank you

i have to admit that i was using higher figures than that ( -i 23 is max but many cpu validation errors ) ...

-i 22.5 was the main setting - but -i 16.5 seems to do a similar job - if not better ...

this is for the gigabyte 750ti oc lp ...

tanx for that mate ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:56:59 AM

LYRA2--

If you want to mine lyra2 checkout cpuminer-multi. I get higher hash rates on my i7-4790 than a 750ti.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 01:05:26 AM

LYRA2--

If you want to mine lyra2 checkout cpuminer-multi. I get higher hash rates on my i7-4790 than a 750ti.

what hashrate do you get? ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:30:50 AM

#crysx

Default 7 threads @ 115 Kh/s each on i7-4790k  @ 4.3 GHz. Best performing cpuminer/algo combination
I've found and the only one that beats a 750ti, or even comes close. minerd/x11 is a very distant second
at 8 x 85 Kh/s (minerd defaults to 8 threads). I think lyra2 is a very challenging algo for GPUs.

Edit: I should qualify this by saying it's the best free cpuminer/algo combination. I have no knowledge
of any private cpu miners.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 01:57:04 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 02:15:34 AM by chrysophylax

#crysx

Default 7 threads @ 115 Kh/s each on i7-4790k  @ 4.3 GHz. Best performing cpuminer/algo combination
I've found and the only one that beats a 750ti, or even comes close. minerd/x11 is a very distant second
at 8 x 85 Kh/s (minerd defaults to 8 threads). I think lyra2 is a very challenging algo for GPUs.

Edit: I should qualify this by saying it's the best free cpuminer/algo combination. I have no knowledge

thats pretty good for cpu ... so i must agree that it does perform quite well ...

but that cpu ( from memory - too lazy to check ) also chews almost 90W of power ...

the gigabyte 750ti oc lp max is about 40-60W and does a little over 660KH on lyra2 with spmod ...

cost wise - at around 3 x the price of one of those cards ( basing it on australian dollars - but should be approx worldwide ratios ) - the hashrate doesnt play well ...

but then again - thats if you are ONLY mining ( like we are ) ...

still - quite impressive for a cpu hashrate ...

can you still use your computer when all 4 cores are at full pace? ... or does it slow down to being almost unusable? ...

btw - where is the link for the software? ... github link? ... miner settings that you use also please? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:02:56 AM

#crysx

thats pretty good for cpu ... so i must agree that it does perform quite well ...

but that cpu ( from memory - too lazy to check ) also chews almost 90W of power ...

the gigabyte 750ti oc lp max is about 40-60W and does a little over 660KH on lyra2 with spmod ...

cost wise - at around 3 x the price of one of those cards ( basing it on australian dollars - but should be approx worldwide ratios ) - the hashrate doesnt play well ...

can you still use your computer when all 4 cores are at full pace? ... or does it slow down to being almost unusable? ...

btw - where is the link for the software? ... github link? ... miner settings that you use also please? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

You're right about the power but if you really really want to mine lyra2 I think CPU is the way to go.
If you're GPU mining, lyra2 can't compete with any of the other algos. You can also CPU mine lyra2 alongside
GPU mining a more profitable algo. CPU mining with n threads can affect ccminer so I usually use
n-1, which just happens to be the default. Other CPU intensive applications like compiling are obviously not
advised but casual desktop use is still reasonably responsive.

I occasionally fire it up if lyra2 is paying unusually well but not lately with the way quark is performing. What's
with the order prices on nicehash? What could they be mining at those prices? I've seen that kind of activity on
nicehash prior to a coin launch but it usually only lasts a coule of days but I haven't seen any new quark coins
in a long time. And this has been going on for over a month but accelerated in the last couple of days. Even
yaamp rentals are paying higher than any of the coins in their pool.

Edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841401.0

CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 03:36:06 AM

#crysx

tanx ...

#crysx

You're right about the power but if you really really want to mine lyra2 I think CPU is the way to go.
If you're GPU mining, lyra2 can't compete with any of the other algos. You can also CPU mine lyra2 alongside
GPU mining a more profitable algo. CPU mining with n threads can affect ccminer so I usually use
n-1, which just happens to be the default. Other CPU intensive applications like compiling are obviously not
advised but casual desktop use is still reasonably responsive.

I occasionally fire it up if lyra2 is paying unusually well but not lately with the way quark is performing. What's
with the order prices on nicehash? What could they be mining at those prices? I've seen that kind of activity on
nicehash prior to a coin launch but it usually only lasts a coule of days but I haven't seen any new quark coins
in a long time. And this has been going on for over a month but accelerated in the last couple of days. Even
yaamp rentals are paying higher than any of the coins in their pool.

Edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841401.0

The whole reason I asked about Lyra is because I'm using Miner Control to help keep my connection to yaamp. It works great, took me some time to get it to run, but does, according to price, switch to that algo.

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:03:06 AM

The whole reason I asked about Lyra is because I'm using Miner Control to help keep my connection to yaamp. It works great, took me some time to get it to run, but does, according to price, switch to that algo.

I think yaamp normalises prices based on AMD HW, as do most profit switching multipools. Some algos are way
off compared to ccminer.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 04:59:51 AM

I think yaamp normalises prices based on AMD HW, as do most profit switching multipools. Some algos are way
off compared to ccminer.

NiceHash/WestHash allows you to set the hashrate factors, I believe; I love that, since mine are different as well.

was running on yaamp as a test a little bit ago ...

only 3 threads ( 3 x cores ) actively test mining on this machine ( the only windows machine ) ...

- windows vista ultimate x64 ( yup - i know i - know ) ...
- quad core amd phenom ii 965 running 3.4GHz
- tpruvot cpuminer-multi-mingw64 1.0.9

cpuminer-multi-mingw64 -a lyra2 -u 1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd -p x -o stratum+tcp://yaamp.com:4433 -b 0.0.0.0:4048 -t 3

runs quite well for a cpu miner ...

-------

[2015-05-15 14:13:36] accepted: 365/367 (99.46%), 294.01 khash/s yay!!!
[2015-05-15 14:13:59] thread 0: 2240475 hashes, 96.67 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:13:59] accepted: 366/368 (99.46%), 293.20 khash/s yay!!!
[2015-05-15 14:14:01] thread 2: 4887637 hashes, 97.77 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:14:01] accepted: 367/369 (99.46%), 292.67 khash/s yay!!!
[2015-05-15 14:14:12] thread 1: 5893801 hashes, 97.14 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:14:15] yaamp.com:4433 sent lyra2 block 60339
[2015-05-15 14:14:15] thread 0: 1525634 hashes, 96.15 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:14:15] thread 1: 253782 hashes, 91.62 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:14:15] thread 2: 1294897 hashes, 96.27 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:14:52] thread 0: 3681011 hashes, 97.38 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:14:53] accepted: 368/370 (99.46%), 285.28 khash/s yay!!!
[2015-05-15 14:15:01] thread 1: 4481330 hashes, 96.29 khash/s
[2015-05-15 14:15:01] accepted: 369/371 (99.46%), 289.95 khash/s yay!!!

-------

if cpu can do this - how much more can be optimized with gpu? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:01:00 AM

off compared to ccminer.

NiceHash/WestHash allows you to set the hashrate factors, I believe; I love that, since mine are different as well.

im sure you are correct ...

but i have yet to figure out how on westhash ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:03:26 AM

Is that on the multi-algo port? That only works with the opencl miners, not sure if it's only some of them.
ccminer certainly can't handle algo switching.  I don't know if the custom factors can be used on the individual
algo ports, which would allow a simple round robin bat file to do profit switching. If Miner Control can manage
algo switching with ccminer (and it seems it can) it can probably handle custom price normalization as well.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:19:06 AM

So I'm actually curious why everyone talks about the TDP slider all the time. Why would it matter what the TDP slider is set at? It should just be set at the highest value just like with AMD cards. It wont use more power unless you turn up the mhz and even then it'll eventually crash unless you add more voltage. It just seems like a unnecessary variable as the TDP slider doesn't really increase efficiency if you decrease it as it will decrease your clockrates too, unless I'm mistaken.

What's the point of using the TDP slider over clocks/overvolts? Is it just my card that has a unlocked voltage modifier?

A extra six pin power connector doesn't necessarily mean it uses more power either. It can have a power connector and have lower core voltage, but uses the connector for cleaner power delivery instead of trying to pull everything through the bus. If it has a higher TDP, that also means it has higher core voltage, although it's not a absolute unit of measurement as each unit can be different (between bioses and versions).

To my understanding the TDP slider or power target limit is a hardcap on the maximum power the card uses. That is not necessarily translate into watt used by the card. The fans, the memory and the core itself all have to be collectively under the limit. If the limite is reached, you can't increase the clock speeds with overclocking because there's no power to do so. That's why you could reach higher core overclocks if you downclocked the memory in Kepler cards (probably applies to Maxwell as well) because then the memory used less and of course the fans can't get limited in power.

Yeah, so there really is no reason to manually limit the TDP or turn it down with the power slider compared to adjusting clocks and voltage?

off compared to ccminer.

Multipool profit %s (like on nicehash) are not always representative of how much you can make by mining with a certain algo compared to another one. They don't always keep up with miner development or certain generations of cards. For a long time Nicehash was completely inaccurate when it came to that. Obviously it doesn't include power usage either, which can be extremely misleading.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:28:25 AM

off compared to ccminer.

Looks like AMD gpus are best on lyra2re, see my miner in the signature (r9 290 almost 1.8 Mh/s and about 200W).

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: