Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:10:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 02:59:31 PM

Hmmm..would seem some biz is taking place.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 03:00:23 PM

Thanks sambiohazard. I wanted to know how I was doing. Not sure what a 6pin is? I have this one OCed and am using the switches. Guess I'm running good. I do get 6.4 but, once in a while, it crashes the driver. Pretty cool tho, MinerControl keeps going. Of course, you only mine at ~1/5th of the hash.

Thanks again

edit; musta missed something. Don't think those last 2 posts were meant for me. I don't think...

by 6 pin i meant the PCIe power connector that feeds additional power to the card, w/o it & with stock BIOS my card only uses 45W and is throttled after that. So i get low hashrate. Although i am fine with it. I guess with high temps i wouldn't want to push cards too much. hash/watt remain good.

OK...gottcha. I do use that, otherwise everything is stock.

edit; heck...my bios is hard-coded so I can't change any voltages anyway. Highest bios allows is 1143mV.

we have both the powered and non powered gigabyte 750ti oc ( and lp ) cards and the stock clocks give just over 6MH ...

do you use a a different intensity parameter? ... or some other parameter to increase speed? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 03:09:24 PM

always mate ...

these devs are doing awesome jobs - and if they help us mine better - they deserve to do deals ...

ive always been an advocate of it ...

work is always appreciated - and appreciation is always shown ...

im continuing the setup of the donation links this week for testing ... which means that there will be more than one way to donate to them ANYTIME by us miners by donating hash / mining time to them ...

the more that mine ( no matter how small the hashrate you donate ) - the better the mining - the bigger the donation ...

i hope that more miners like us here will donate that way to help these devs develop better miners and optimize existing and future algos ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 03:31:58 PM

always mate ...

these devs are doing awesome jobs - and if they help us mine better - they deserve to do deals ...

im continuing the setup of the donation links this week for testing ... which means that there will be more than one way to donate to them ANYTIME by us miners by donating hash / mining time to them ...

the more that mine ( no matter how small the hashrate you donate ) - the better the mining - the bigger the donation ...

i hope that more miners like us here will donate that way to help these devs develop better miners and optimize existing and future algos ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

AMEN to that...and I know EVERYONE tries to do their part. Keep it coming devs and there's more beers in the frig! (just don't take my last one)

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Star65

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:53:25 PM

always mate ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

Donations 2% =~30min/day or ~3h/week (mining i mean). I am doing so for sp_. Compare that 2% vs 10% on Yaamp (8% quark + 2% for btc payouts) - 10% it is almost a robbery in my opinion.
However, I still have to donate for Wolf0 for his x11/x13/neoscrypt algorithms (i have 4 280x). I will do just as well, because I have a small farm and a direct donation will look ridiculous.

14. I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
(Romans 1:14)
 Smiley
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 03:58:58 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 04:11:43 PM by chrysophylax

always mate ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

AMEN to that...and I know EVERYONE tries to do their part. Keep it coming devs and there's more beers in the frig! (just don't take my last one)

its a good thing that the community does all it can for the devs - who do what what they can for us with their coding skills ...

would be nice to share a drink with everyone - though a coke is what ill have Smiley ...

beers for everyone else Wink hehehe ...

more donations on the way ...

im testing the lyra2 donation link as we speak ...

so far the donations links that are active and online for testing ( for sp at the moment - the other links for various devs will come a little later ) are the following ...

x11 - port 7999
x13 - port 7989
x15 - port 7979
lyra2 - port 7939
neoscrypt - port 7929
quark -  port 7919

they are all pointed to westhash for the time being as we have had a few issues along the way with yaamp - with more than just a few dropouts and hash errors ...

just setup your miner to donation address - stratum+tcp://donate.granitecoinx.com:xxx/ ( where xxx is the port number of the algo you want to use ) - and any of the parameters you use also ( ie ... -i -g etc ) ... with any username and any password you like - it wont matter what you use for those ...

to check on westhash just browse to - https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=9&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd ...

please dont forget though that these are TEST links for now - until we can get it all stabilized and running on a more permanent level ...

if you want to donate hashrate to help the upkeep of these systems via granitecoin and btc and blackcoin - please do so - as our donation links will be up later this week ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 04:07:45 PM

always mate ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

Donations 2% =~30min/day or ~3h/week (mining i mean). I am doing so for sp_. Compare that 2% vs 10% on Yaamp (8% quark + 2% for btc payouts) - 10% it is almost a robbery in my opinion.
However, I still have to donate for Wolf0 for his x11/x13/neoscrypt algorithms (i have 4 280x). I will do just as well, because I have a small farm and a direct donation will look ridiculous.

14. I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
(Romans 1:14)
 Smiley

these pools all have expenses to pay as well ...

but i agree that high percentages like that are just no good for the industry - whether you are mining or not ...

though if we all pitch in together and consolidate our mining efforts - we can make a massive difference regardless of the pool percentage ...

wolf's donations links are already in place and slated for the end of the week - just need to allocate a new server Wink ...

we can join your 4 x 280x with ours ( and anyone else ) that wants to donate to wolf ... so no donation will look ridiculous mate ... it will be the same donation address - just different ports for different algos ...

there are 3 dev donation links that are slated for this week ( sp's ones are almost finished ) - but im unsure as to whether i will be able to get it all finished ... may spill into next week ...

im not full time with this ( yet ) so can only do as much as i can - with the small amount of time as i can - with the amount of funds i can spend doing it ...

but its all worth it ...

Wink ...

#crysx

sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:08:13 PM

Nice I will keep donating once a week for 24 hours with my 750ti. This will be great when it will start auto-switching between pools.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:10:57 PM

Is there any noticeable difference in power consumption (hash per watt) between the 750 Ti and some of the 900-series cards? I mean measured at the wall figures, not reported TDP% values.

Not your keys, not your coins!
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:11:41 PM

Is there any noticeable difference in power consumption (hash per watt) between the 750 Ti and some of the 900-series cards? I mean measured at the wall figures, not reported TDP% values.

Nothing beats the 750Ti in hashes-per-watt-consumed.

Still.

It remains King in that department, even after more than a year. (AFAIK)

But, the GTX 970 is not bad. (I only have experience with 750Ti and GTX 970.)

My rig, mining Quark: (Watt numbers observed and inferred via LCD display on APC Back-UPS Pro 700)

750Ti OC = ~60W @ 6.2 Mhash/sec = 0.1033 Mhash per Watt

GTX 970 OC = ~170W @ 16 Mhash/sec = 0.0941 Mhash per Watt

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:35:59 PM

Still.

My rig, mining Quark: (Watt numbers observed and inferred via LCD display on APC Back-UPS Pro 700)

I see. Last time I checked an idle rig (750 Ti) used 65 watts (SSD, Pentium G3420 - 53W TDP) which means an extra 10.8 watts per card. That turns your numbers into 0.0875 Mh/W for a 750 Ti rig and 0.0884 Mh/W for a 970 rig for quark. I'm not sure if a 6 x 970 rig would get bottlenecked by a Pentium G3420 though. The poor density of the 750 Ti (having to buy more mobo/cpu/memory) is probably being offset by having to spend on a bigger PSU on a 970 rig. Unless you use multiple power supplies per rig but I'm not a big fan of that.

So it seems the difference is negligible and it all depends on the prices of the cards. Based on the numbers I could get them the 970 is favorable in my case. In other words, 1 watt of maxwell GPU power to me would cost 0.00935 BTC in case of a 970 and 0.01085 in case of going with 750 Ti - assuming quark is a good representation of other algos.

I'd guess the memory issue of the 970 isn't detrimental to any algo, maybe except for the few very memory hungry ones.

I'm curious to see figures of the 980 and from the 980 Ti once it's released.

Not your keys, not your coins!
5w00p

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:47:15 PM

The poor density of the 750 Ti (having to buy more mobo/cpu/memory) is probably being offset by having to spend on a bigger PSU on a 970 rig. Unless you use multiple power supplies per rig but I'm not a big fan of that.

Yeah, I agree.
I am currently running two PSU's and I just ordered a bigger (850W) PSU to replace them both in my machine. It should be more efficient and stable, as the two ~500W PSU's I have are really struggling to provide enough stable current on the +12V rails.

I determined that they are lacking because the newer, faster versions (V44 and up) of sp_mod-ccminer really tax the +12V rails of these weaker, cheaper PSU's.

The 850W PSU that I ordered can push 70 Amps to a single +12V rail, so I hope to be pleased with its performance and stability.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:01:19 PM

Still.

I think the 980 gtx beats it by a little.
Nubminer

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

is the Slowly degrading percentage of acceptance a normal thing. 
when I first start it up it is hitting 100% ([2015-05-12 15:15:37] accepted: 32/32 (100.00%), 31005 khash/s yay!!!)

then after a while it seems to start to slip in percentage and at what percentage is it desirable to shut it down and restart the miner.

what I notice is that i will get a job not found.. the percentage will drop and it will never recover back to 100%
example
[2015-05-12 15:18:55] accepted: 48/48 (100.00%), 31383 khash/s yay!!!
[2015-05-12 15:18:57] GPU #0: GeForce GTX 980, 16497
[2015-05-12 15:18:58] accepted: 48/49 (97.96%), 31396 khash/s booooo
[2015-05-12 15:18:58] reject reason: Job not found.

all subsequent percentages from then on are down.

I can log in remotely and restart the miner but is it possible to initiate an auto reboot if the percentages drop below a certain threshold.

or is it even necessary because the accepted percentage is based on a queue of results that eventually result in the same hash rate regardless ?
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:58:21 PM

@crysx, what are your settings for 750ti to get 6.0 MH/s at stock clocks?  Mine are only doing ~5.5.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
5w00p

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:20:12 PM

"stock clocks" varies from one brand/version of card to another.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:09:02 PM

Thanks sambiohazard. I wanted to know how I was doing. Not sure what a 6pin is? I have this one OCed and am using the switches. Guess I'm running good. I do get 6.4 but, once in a while, it crashes the driver. Pretty cool tho, MinerControl keeps going. Of course, you only mine at ~1/5th of the hash.

Thanks again

edit; musta missed something. Don't think those last 2 posts were meant for me. I don't think...

by 6 pin i meant the PCIe power connector that feeds additional power to the card, w/o it & with stock BIOS my card only uses 45W and is throttled after that. So i get low hashrate. Although i am fine with it. I guess with high temps i wouldn't want to push cards too much. hash/watt remain good.
My 750ti won't run without  the 6 pin connector. 
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:16:11 AM

My 750ti won't run without  the 6 pin connector. 

There are a bunch of different manufacturers of the 750Ti. Some do, some don't. Mine will, but not well.

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:53:52 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 03:32:44 AM by chrysophylax

@crysx, what are your settings for 750ti to get 6.0 MH/s at stock clocks?  Mine are only doing ~5.5.

i was completely wrong about the hashrate ...

when it first starts it hits around the 6MH but slowly settles on a lower rate ...

i try and push the intensity levels up to the highest it can go ( which adds up to a huge amount of cuda threads ) - and ends up killing the miner ...

im assuming this is for quark? ...

ill setup the test system ( this one only has 2 x gigabyte 750ti oc ( 1 x oc and 1 x lp ) ) right now and see what levels we get standard ... it will be mining on the sp donation link ( stratum+tcp://donate.granitecoinx.com:7919/ ) so you can see the progress here - https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=12&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd ... or here - http://yaamp.com/?address=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd ... in the case of a failover ...

westhash is placed first - then if it fails - the link initiates the failover to yaamp ... soon all donation links will have a failover in the order of ...

1 - westhash
2 - nicehash
3 - yaamp

not much we can do if all of them fail though Smiley ... but the system will keep checking each one until one of them comes back ...

the parameters for linux ( fedora 20 x64 ) are these - ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate.granitecoinx.com:7919/ -O chrysophylax.donate:x -a quark -r 7 -R 7 -i 24 ...

edit - westhash quark is down for the moment with yaamp having - extranonce2 size=2 errors - on the miner ...

at least the stratum proxy is functioning properly Smiley ... westhash is down so it switches to yaamp as a failover while checking to see if westhash will come back up ...

nice ... Wink ...

the hashrate using the above parameters is getting around the 5700KH ( above and below ) for quark ... but too many errors at the moment ...

-------

[2015-05-13 13:00:03] accepted: 237/519 (45.66%), 11389 khash/s booooo
[2015-05-13 13:00:03] reject reason: Invalid extranonce2 size

-------

i think westhash and yaamp need to reset their backend stratums again ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:54:51 AM

"stock clocks" varies from one brand/version of card to another.

exactly ...

the gigabyte oc versions are actually factory overclocked - but not by much Wink ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: