Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:30:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 02:59:41 AM

I don't think the next kernals will be Opensource. I try my best to keep high standards, but you have quality coders like djm34 and wolf0 who push the standards.. The current quark implementation is good, but djm34 hash pushed it more than 10% faster after a few afternoons of work. Take a look at the neoscrypt kernal. It is really good... 300% faster than the opencl is insane...

I added another 50% by rewriting the blake implementation. but the sp-mod is only 7% faster than the djm34 mod.

and the Wolf0.. He is good. He is like me when I was 20..

sp ...

if you keep things open sourced - there will be more of intake of the one miner that really makes sense ...

i believe in donations - i believe in giving as well as receiving - i believe that the quality of work that you and other devs is awesome work ...

closing kernels and miners will just outdo the entire purpose of WHY open source is about and around in the first place ...

in saying that though - the awesome work that you guys do 'should' be compensated ... but there are ways and means of doing so bar 'just' getting paid for it ...

devs DO deserve to be compensated for the hard work that you put into these kernels and miners ...

there are incredible brains at work in this industry - why cant we all think out a way of compensating ALL the devs that CONTRIBUTE to this sphere? ... like you and djm and wolf and pallas and klaust and tsiv and cbuchner and the list goes on ...

we are continuing with the the donation links for miners for all you good devs - regardless ... so anyone that DOES want to donate mining hash - CAN! ... and can do it anonymously too ...

the donate-sp links are active and still testing - with the others getting prepared for the when the new servers come online ...

this whole crypto world was designed inherently to be an alternative to the fiat world ... closing the kernels and the miners is ultimately closing the doors on everything that crypto is all about ...

look at whats happening here? ...

we are all reverting BACK to the fiat game instead of moving forward with what satoshi envisioned in the first place - a fiat free world ... or at least a fiat reduced world ...

its sad really ...

#crysx

CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 04:01:14 AM

@crysx
Here, here! I hope the devs take heed to your words.

@sp, djm, wolf, & friends (mostly)
Please take notice and know that your work is to be commended. I think I speak for most of us little guys when I say we would be left at the station were it not for you guys. I say "Here here" to the donation/anon link system.

@ the whiners, leeches, AMD users, non-donating aholes, etc
Get a life, read the header for this Nvidia forum, & if you use the work being done here, in ANY form, do the right thing. You know who you are. Your donation to these devs may be mining time, actual BTC (I'm not keen on this for my own reasons), or even volunteer development of the current code...you get my drift. If you are receiving use from it, get off your duff & give back. It's simple.

Enough...I'm done

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 05:07:29 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 08:21:43 AM by chrysophylax

if everyone wants to continue testing the links for us - ill post them below ...

these links are currently for sp only - and they all mine at westhash - who unfortuantely had a little downtime a few hours ago ...

we had them testing on yaamp before yaamp disappeared for a little while and have not reverted them back to yaamp ...

we will more than likely use yaamp as a failover if nicehash drops drops again - but either way there will be a resolution one way or another when they are in productions on the new servers ...

if you would like to test these out - and donate to sp at the same time - the details are as follows ...

donation - sp

x11 - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7999/
x13 - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7989/
x15 - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7979/
lyra2 - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7939/
neoscrypt - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7929/
quark - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7919/

use any unsername and anypassword - it wont matter ... its all being directed to sp's btc address ...

eg - ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://mining.granitecoin.com:7999/ -O chrysophylax.cm000:x -a x11 -i 20.6 ( in linux - and ccminer.exe in windows ) with any other paramaters you use ...

the link to check is - https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=12&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd ( sp's btc address - quark ... and its still check on westhash as its the us stratums we are using ) ...

x15 seems a little flaky lately - but all of the links are currently functional as far as we can see ...

if there is a problem or an issue with the links or mining hash on them - please let me know ... either pm - email - or irc on #granitecoin ...

ill be away on business for two days - but will check in during that time ...

they are to test the availability of the stratums and the load on the stratum proxies / serves as well as the uptime for nicehash ...

nicehash have kindly whitelisted our servers so they will not be kicked off if idle - at least thats the theory Smiley

there will be a lot more donation links for the other devs also - and these links 'should' stay online and active ...

these systems are from our own pockets and will continue that way ...

we will be putting up a donation link for us ( under donate-crysx ) if anyone wants to mine for us so that we can maintain the servers and connections ... but for now - its all on us Smiley ...

tanx for you help guys ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:47:22 AM

I don't think the next kernals will be Opensource. I try my best to keep high standards, but you have quality coders like djm34 and wolf0 who push the standards.. The current quark implementation is good, but djm34 hash pushed it more than 10% faster after a few afternoons of work. Take a look at the neoscrypt kernal. It is really good... 300% faster than the opencl is insane...

I added another 50% by rewriting the blake implementation. but the sp-mod is only 7% faster than the djm34 mod.

I'm surprised you still have open kernels. Essentially everyone takes your work and then builds off of it including your optimizations, then some sell it aftwards. You could distribute it to the other open source developers that are working on your kernel though.

bensam1231:
Just because something that another person decides to do doesn't work out in your favor doesn't make them an "asshole."
Actually, I would argue that your whining and crying about it makes you seem like one.

Uh... if someone rapes you, does it make them a asshole? Yes. If someone kills one of your family, does it make them a asshole? Yes. If someone steals from you continually over and over and pushes you into debt, does it make them a asshole? Yes.

I think there is a disconnect here between what you think he's doing and the effect he has on the entire mining scene.

Mining profits are a pie. They all depend on kernels to run. If I buy a 970 and someone else buys a 970, but I have a faster kernel because I had 5BTC to purchase one and knew about someone peddling wares in a back room, then I'll start taking coins that otherwise would be evenly split between myself and the other person with a 970. All of a sudden the other persons 970 becomes obsolete regardless of hardware.

It's not a linear distribution.

As I mentioned before, it wouldn't be bad if he had a shop setup where he sold his wares so people could see how much his miners cost, what hash they get, and how much wattage they use. But he doesn't. He just goes around 'bragging' in threads, which is suppose to generate hype and somehow supposed to indicate they're for sale, then he chooses who to sell to based on how much he likes them and how much coin they have to throw around. How is this remotely transparent or up front? It's extremely shady business practices and anyone who gets into the mining scene will have no idea what's going on. Even people currently in the mining scene STILL have no idea what's going on or how coins are distributed for that matter. Some people still think you'll get paid the same amount for the same amount of hash regardless of someone else hashing faster, that's not how it works.

Btw, I really don't want to get caught in the cross fire, but anyhow, I'm all for private miners, in all their forms. However, I'd sooooo much prefer a fee-based system, whereby the miner assigns a % of shares to the developer, instead of some upfront entry fee. This is the one scheme that works for miners of all sizes, big and small.   Kiss

Sidenote: I'm actually inclined to think that SP_ has done more for the community at large (with Quark), than for the people that bought his miner. Going by the hashrates advertised and/or thin markets, don't think the private XMR or SPR versions will have represented any meaningful return. Maybe just my impression though, I'm not trying to pick on SP_ or anyone in particular...
Heck, maybe it was very much worthwhile for people with large farms (as they bought the miner for the same price as any small timer on a single gaming/mining rig).  Roll Eyes

Yup and I suggested this before and DJM and Wolf0 laughed me out of the thread at such a idea. Check out this thread, starting here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854257.msg9643758#msg9643758

I do agree though, a dev fee is the must accessible and fairest method of payment for a miner. Claymore is a good example of a miner that has a fee and is well cared for like a actual product. As I mentioned before, I have no problem paying for a miner as long as it's accessible and people can see it's a actual product that's available. Not 5BTC backroom smokey deals to keep prices high and make it so people can't directly compare competing products.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 10:58:09 AM

and I don't think it is the same part which has been optimized  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:15:32 AM

2 sp_
this commit https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/commit/2b2a3bd4a46db42e084f4a8940c2594da75412ee is 4 khs slower on my gtx750 (908 vs 912khs #52)
Grout

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:24:33 PM

sp ...

if you keep things open sourced - there will be more of intake of the one miner that really makes sense ...

i believe in donations - i believe in giving as well as receiving - i believe that the quality of work that you and other devs is awesome work ...

closing kernels and miners will just outdo the entire purpose of WHY open source is about and around in the first place ...

in saying that though - the awesome work that you guys do 'should' be compensated ... but there are ways and means of doing so bar 'just' getting paid for it ...

devs DO deserve to be compensated for the hard work that you put into these kernels and miners ...

there are incredible brains at work in this industry - why cant we all think out a way of compensating ALL the devs that CONTRIBUTE to this sphere? ... like you and djm and wolf and pallas and klaust and tsiv and cbuchner and the list goes on ...

we are continuing with the the donation links for miners for all you good devs - regardless ... so anyone that DOES want to donate mining hash - CAN! ... and can do it anonymously too ...

the donate-sp links are active and still testing - with the others getting prepared for the when the new servers come online ...

this whole crypto world was designed inherently to be an alternative to the fiat world ... closing the kernels and the miners is ultimately closing the doors on everything that crypto is all about ...

we are all reverting BACK to the fiat game instead of moving forward with what satoshi envisioned in the first place - a fiat free world ... or at least a fiat reduced world ...

its sad really ...

#crysx

Fully quoted post because I fully agree with it. I'm perfectly happy donating part of my income to the dev that make it possible. Even if private miners become faster than SP_'s version, I will keep supporting him as long as it remains opensource.

And I believe closing the doors and reserving mining to a select few is going to hurt the crypto world in the long run: if an outsider looks at it and sees a closed world where all the profits go to a few people, his conclusion will be that the crypto world is exactly like the fiat world. If it is the same thing, except he has to learn a lot of things, avoid scams, and can't do everything he can do in the fiat world, why would he want to get involved?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:46:11 PM

sp ...

its sad really ...

#crysx

Fully quoted post because I fully agree with it. I'm perfectly happy donating part of my income to the dev that make it possible. Even if private miners become faster than SP_'s version, I will keep supporting him as long as it remains opensource.

And I believe closing the doors and reserving mining to a select few is going to hurt the crypto world in the long run: if an outsider looks at it and sees a closed world where all the profits go to a few people, his conclusion will be that the crypto world is exactly like the fiat world. If it is the same thing, except he has to learn a lot of things, avoid scams, and can't do everything he can do in the fiat world, why would he want to get involved?

I think you are getting it wrong, it isn't about "reserving to a few" it is rather a few which hire someone to get something better...
They pay for it, they take the risk (coin can turns into shit) why everybody should benefit from their risk taking (especially if it hurts their winnings...) ?

It is not the responsibility of the persons who was hired to distribute what he was asked to work on....

good, bad don't know, don't care, but clearly what is bad is working weeks for a few "beers"...
(also everything work like that, you don't get anything for free and if you pay more you get better performance nothing new in that, that's the way the society has been working for ever...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 02:31:56 PM

Gentlemen...Gentlemen...DOWN!!

Allow me to explain something. Bensam1231..BACK THE FUCK OFF! I have been in this thread for quite some time and have happily donated what I could, when I could to the devs. I am getting sick & tired of your constant bitching because you don't think something is going your way. It is very obvious to me, and most others, that you want to play God. News flash.....you are not God and these ppl are not for sale. GET OFF THIS BUS!

Now...I for one, am a small-time private miner. I got into this as a hobby and what it says in the area below is true. I am a stuck at home indivdual that mines for pleasure. I don't have a lot of BTC or any other crypto for that matter but gladly devote my time, electricity, & effort to test. It's fun to see how this stuff runs. Why should I take time to do this & let someone come in and say...OK Dude, thanks for helping now pay me for this code I just wrote. I don't code...I leave that to these ppl, that understand it.

I'm really pissed off at the ppl that do nothing to help, but have a bunch of whining to do because they want it their way. This ain't Mickey D's. I am sorry that some of the users in here are just that...users. Most of us know the time put into coding and try to give back.

To the devs...I'm apologizing for the leeches. No controlling that, but if you start selling what you think is your best work to only those that can afford it, I won't be buying. And...so much for 'open source'. Ppl will lose interest, find another hobby, the world of crypto will suffer, your work will have been for nothing due to that, and there will be no 'beers' for anyone. If the 'beers' you receive are not enough, it's time to look at another line of work.

Look, I have a ton more to say, but this isn't supposed to be a bitch session. I'm not like Bensam. I like having fun, even if I'm not the Captain of the team. So....can we all just get along? AMD ppl....GET OUT. You have your own thread. Don't want to hear about it. See ya later..bye.

I look forward to further efforts devs. I'm not always here, in this thread, but I'm most usually around. I have a single, as in one, GTX750Ti, that I saved up for out of my SSD monthly allowance. I'll still test, but not if I pay for the finish code. And YES...I EXPECT the best. Why should the big guns be the only ones?

Thank You

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:27:16 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 03:42:52 PM by joblo

are you really getting 10,000 MH on quark out of a 970 ?? or did I read this wrong..

I only get 10,000 KH per card how are you getting double ??

GIMMIE !!

You should be getting around 16,000 KH/s quark on a 970. I'm not sure what could cause that sort
of deficit.  That seems too much for throttling. The old version of ccminer might  do it but I assume
that's not the case. An incorrectly compiled ccminer, omitting compute 5.0 & 5.2, might do it.
The CPU or GPU bogged down by other processes is also a possibility.

Do you have any other cards, how do they hash?

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:13:50 PM

We're still at it? Fine.
I think there's market for both open and closed source miners. SP_ also have his Spread and Cryptonight miner locked behind a 0.1-0.1 BTC donation-wall and if I had to guess he did alright with them. Now I only have a couple of rigs left and I'd still be interested to see what for-sale miners are out there. Granted, I'd be much more interested in miners that take a cut instead of gambling with paying upfront but still. Btw, I have no idea about the legalities but why don't open source coders have code added into their fork that mines a few shares to a donation proxy which people could chose to modify or even disable (being open source)? I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't disable it (even if they knew how to).

Anyway, let's be realistic and admit that everybody who buy mining rigs, optimize miners, buy ASICs and so on are doing so for the same reason; to have a bigger slice of the pie. And as long as there will be talented coders working on optimizing miners there will always be faster miners. If they distribute their work for free then every miner will have the same slice of the pie as they did with the older miner. And there are plenty of miners around the word who use these softwares without even knowing about this thread or they might not even speak English. Those people will not contribute which is also a big push towards closed source solutions. A few days ago 98 miners (with who knows how many cards in total) used SP-MOD just on yaamp alone. So basically every nvidia miner out there have the same speeds so they share the same amount of the pie. SP_ announcing that he's going to work opencl for a while pretty much means a lot of his nvidia optimizations will get negated if he does the same optimizations for AMD because then again, everybody with nvidia will have an even smaller share of the pie as AMDs get faster. Which is an understandable choice, my point is that profit is always about the slice of the pie in mining. It's bad enough how BTC value changed while electricity prices remained so eventually more and more miners with expensive to average electricity prices will be forced to give up mining even with the open source approach because they can't pay the bills - let alone hit ROI. As a biased and naturally greedy miner I, for one would much rather invest in a private miner that is profitable than potentially turning my rigs off in the future because I don't have access to cheap electricity. We can demonize ASICs, multipools, private kernels, farms with free electricity all day long but all of them will happen regardless and I think there's nothing wrong with anyone's efforts to making legit profit.

Not your keys, not your coins!
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 05:49:51 PM

Yup...I'm done. Nothing more to it.

Have a great Friday & a better weekend!

Happy Mining   Grin

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
becker

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:27:07 PM

ah man, going closed source.....

I donated a beer!!!!!!!!!...... lol. I did though.

So, how does one get in on this closed source action.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:13:59 AM

Where did you read that sp_ is "going closed source?"

I believe you are mistaken.
There has been some sort-of off-topic discussion here that you are apparently misunderstanding.
Nubminer

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:37:45 AM

are you really getting 10,000 MH on quark out of a 970 ?? or did I read this wrong..

I only get 10,000 KH per card how are you getting double ??

GIMMIE !!

You should be getting around 16,000 KH/s quark on a 970. I'm not sure what could cause that sort
of deficit.  That seems too much for throttling. The old version of ccminer might  do it but I assume
that's not the case. An incorrectly compiled ccminer, omitting compute 5.0 & 5.2, might do it.
The CPU or GPU bogged down by other processes is also a possibility.

Do you have any other cards, how do they hash?

I mis-typed... I meant I was getting 20,000KH/s per card (980) sorry for the confusion.. I did not read what I typed. I was so surprised by his reporting of 10,000,000 KH/s per card I about shit myself (can I say that?)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:39:43 AM

sp ...

its sad really ...

#crysx

I don't think he's saying he is going to make it private, rather just close sourced so people don't copy it and build private miners off of it. Close source != private. Something can be closed and free (as in doesn't cost anything) at the same time. That's essentially what is happening right now except for a few people who are also making open versions of it anyway. He could even make a pseudo-closed version, where he just doesn't make it readily available, but it will inevitably end up out there anyway... Or opensource older versions after a certain revision number.

There is nothing wrong with a dev fee either. Something really small like 1-2% is not what I'd consider outlandish. I'd definitely be willing to pay that if it keeps him on the project, which is definitely something that is needed so private miner shit wont start.

I think in this case, I think people who are against him close sourcing his work are probably the ones that have the most to lose by it... either because they're selling it or reaping the most rewards from it.

I have been in this thread for quite some time and have happily donated what I could, when I could to the devs. I am getting sick & tired of your constant bitching because you don't think something is going your way.

You didn't read any of what I wrote. For being 'in this thread for some time' you should be ashamed at your lack of comprehension of what you just wrote three paragraphs about. At no point did I say I wanted something for free or 'not pay for it'.

here did you read that sp_ is "going closed source?"

I believe you are mistaken.
There has been some sort-of off-topic discussion here that you are apparently misunderstanding.

Last page.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:45:24 AM

To clear it up...it started with one dev not saying anything, another saying something about not enough, another saying he wasn't playing, plus a member stirring the pot.

In other words...nothing has changed, as of now. Did that help? lol

Happy Mining!

EDIT; Bensam...there is a seat waiting for you in hell. You no longer dignify an answer. YOU ASS!

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:51:47 AM

To clear it up...it started with one dev not saying anything, another saying something about not enough, another saying he wasn't playing, plus a member stirring the pot.

Happy Mining!

EDIT; Go Fuck yourself BENSAM....you are nothing but trouble. It is you who should be ashamed!!!!!

lol I love the ignore button. Spread the love, dont hate Grin
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:57:03 AM

Happy Mining!

EDIT; Go Fuck yourself BENSAM....you are nothing but trouble. It is you who should be ashamed!!!!!

lol I love the ignore button. Spread the love, dont hate Grin

I'm lookin' for that botton now...thanks, didn't know it existed.

Edit; found it...Wanted to smash his face in. Such a troublemaker...Thank You for letting me know about the button.

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:03:18 AM

Its more of a link but anyways good for your mood. Have a good day. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: