Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:41:04 PM

I am not sure if there is a process, but could we possibly get Sia into sgminer?

A buggy implementation of the Sia miner here: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner

About how long would it take? The algorithm above is not very optimized, we're mostly (for now) concerned about having something that works for most people and isn't super buggy.
lol written by Wolf0

also apparently it isn't using the same network protocol, meaning it won't work with either sgminer nor ccminer

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:22:43 AM

I am not sure if there is a process, but could we possibly get Sia into sgminer?

A buggy implementation of the Sia miner here: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner

About how long would it take? The algorithm above is not very optimized, we're mostly (for now) concerned about having something that works for most people and isn't super buggy.
lol written by Wolf0

also apparently it isn't using the same network protocol, meaning it won't work with either sgminer nor ccminer

Uh, no. That was NOT written by me - I compiled their Win64 bin because they couldn't. I didn't write that thing.

would you? ...

we would be interested to see how this coin mines with amd and nvidia with optimizations ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:28:00 AM

lol written by Wolf0

Uh, no. That was NOT written by me - I compiled their Win64 bin because they couldn't. I didn't write that thing.

would you? ...

we would be interested to see how this coin mines with amd and nvidia with optimizations ...

#crysx

Something like 800MH/s on 280X, I think.

stock miner? ... or assuming this will be the value if you got your hands on the development? ...

as their miner is very limited - only one card per machine recognized ... and non-optimized ...

#crysx

Nubminer

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:26:47 AM

Speaking of one card per instance.  I am actually trying to control that.. I want to run one card per instance... Easy enough for the GPU (using -d ) however i cant seem to control wich core of the cpu processes for a specified GPU.  
Does the CPU affinity command control this and if so how do we utilize it.
Perhaps i can be pointed to the line of code and i can compile/build a custom version for my needs
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:28:54 AM

Speaking of one card per instance.  I am actually trying to control that.. I want to run one card per instance... Easy enough for the GPU (using -d ) however i cant seem to control wich core of the cpu processes for a specified GPU.  
Does the CPU affinity command control this and if so how do we utilize it.
Perhaps i can be pointed to the line of code and i can compile/build a custom version for my needs

When running one instance per card, you will need to use -b to specify a different port for each additional instance:

Code:
-b 127.0.0.1:5068 

And yes, --cpu-affinity allows you to set the specific core you want that instance to use:

Code:
--cpu-affinity 3
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:21:13 AM

This is crazy if true. Everyone should wait for Pascal to come out in Q1 2016. Start saving for it now or once other s upgrade your Maxwells can't compete.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-big-pascal-taped-out-gp100-silicon.html

so there really isnt anything different about what has been happening in the industry ... just following the same steps ... which is great ...

technological advancements at this rate is a very good thing ... but wait? ... why? ...

we have never done that - and never will ...

waiting means that that you will miss out on what is NOW ...

the crypto sphere is going to be a very different animal in 6months time - as will the commercially available products to mine with ...

6months is a massive amount of time to mine and trade and save - all at the same time ...

who knows - btc may just jump back to the $1000USD mark again Wink ...

why would you want to miss out on gaining all those crypto coins so that you CAN purchase these cards when they come out next year ... its what we do ...

i hope they do bring this technology all out sooner than later - as the next generation of chips will be a massive jump in hashrate if history is anything to go by ...

tanx for the read ...

#crysx

I didn't mean to stop mining now rather to start saving for upgrades from current mining income. Its a big jump and those who wont upgrade might become unprofitable. Also a little more news from AMD. Cheap!!

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-300-series-pricing-revealed.html
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:01:25 PM

This is crazy if true. Everyone should wait for Pascal to come out in Q1 2016. Start saving for it now or once other s upgrade your Maxwells can't compete.

so there really isnt anything different about what has been happening in the industry ... just following the same steps ... which is great ...

technological advancements at this rate is a very good thing ... but wait? ... why? ...

the crypto sphere is going to be a very different animal in 6months time - as will the commercially available products to mine with ...

6months is a massive amount of time to mine and trade and save - all at the same time ...

why would you want to miss out on gaining all those crypto coins so that you CAN purchase these cards when they come out next year ... its what we do ...

i hope they do bring this technology all out sooner than later - as the next generation of chips will be a massive jump in hashrate if history is anything to go by ...

tanx for the read ...

#crysx

I didn't mean to stop mining now rather to start saving for upgrades from current mining income. Its a big jump and those who wont upgrade might become unprofitable. Also a little more news from AMD. Cheap!!

which is good as it will force nvidia to decrease a bit their price...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:18:32 PM

tanx for the read ...

#crysx

hey - they are very similar prices to the 7970 / 280x series when they first came out ...

though testing would be almost impossible at the moment Wink ...

the next nvidia series cards look like they are going to blitz the market with the hashrates - but unfortunately - they 'look' like they will not be so competitive in price ...

will be a nice showdown when it happens Smiley ...

#crysx

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:20:31 AM

nothing about power consumption in that AMD release article.  which, for miners with > free electricity, means almost everything.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:38:29 AM

nothing about power consumption in that AMD release article.  which, for miners with > free electricity, means almost everything.

The 390x is rumored to have 300W TDP and they will be released on June 18th and the flagship device, Fury will be released on June 24th. I'll be curious what Wolf0 will crank out of those ones.

Not your keys, not your coins!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 03:44:31 AM

nothing about power consumption in that AMD release article.  which, for miners with > free electricity, means almost everything.

The 390x is rumored to have 300W TDP and they will be released on June 18th and the flagship device, Fury will be released on June 24th. I'll be curious what Wolf0 will crank out of those ones.

i think EVERYONE will be interested in what wolf does with these cards ...

wolf - i want to be first in line mate Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 03:56:46 AM

#crysx

I've got a free one coming to me the moment they drop. And no, it's not some farmer wanting me to optimize; there's no strings attached. A guy owes me a favor.

which one? ...

australia is ALWAYS behind in all this - so we will not see the cards for a while after they are released ...

i really need to move to a place thats more current - like the us or uk or eu ... o bugger it - anywhere else Tongue ...

#crysx

5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:07:57 AM

#crysx

I've got a free one coming to me the moment they drop. And no, it's not some farmer wanting me to optimize; there's no strings attached. A guy owes me a favor.

which one? ...

australia is ALWAYS behind in all this - so we will not see the cards for a while after they are released ...

i really need to move to a place thats more current - like the us or uk or eu ... o bugger it - anywhere else Tongue ...

#crysx

You could utilize a buyer in one of those areas, an agreed-upon cryptocurrency of choice, and a provider of escrow so that you could probably have it in your hands within a week or so of its release in whatever area your buyer is in.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 05:13:24 AM

#crysx

which one? ...

#crysx

You could utilize a buyer in one of those areas, an agreed-upon cryptocurrency of choice, and a provider of escrow so that you could probably have it in your hands within a week or so of its release in whatever area your buyer is in.

that is a possibility ... but so is amazon Tongue ...

i suppose if any new cards come out - its probably better to wait till they hit the shelves here for warranty purposes ...

am waiting on the new optimizations that sp is going to release ... will be something to see when the new cards come out for nvidia also ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:57:17 AM

It's not going to matter. Wolf0 makes private kernels and sells them to the select few. Good reason if any to stay away from AMD. I was already there and saw that.

And yeah, efficiency...

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:44:32 AM

Amazon rock, just returned a 750ti bought almost a year ago as the fan failed, they have given me a full refund.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:19:11 AM

Amazon rock, just returned a 750ti bought almost a year ago as the fan failed, they have given me a full refund.

Should've RMA'd that to the manufacturer. Not sure why Amazon would honor a return like that.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:35:00 AM

Should've RMA'd that to the manufacturer. Not sure why Amazon would honor a return like that.

I'm very happy, mined on the card for a year and now I have my £109 back to put towards my next purchase.  Amazon even paid for the return postage.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:23:01 PM

It's not going to matter. Wolf0 makes private kernels and sells them to the select few. Good reason if any to stay away from AMD. I was already there and saw that.

And yeah, efficiency...

I'm not interested in AMD mining at all, I'm all for nvidia but it is valuable to know how those cards will run because they could potentially cripple the green team especially because they will be cheap (R9 390X 8GB - $390; R9 390 8GB - $329).

And to be completely honest I wish more people would advertise their private miners because as much as I appreciate sp_, tpruvot, djm34 and other's work their optimizations are being used by everyone because they are free and in reality if everyone has fast miners then nobody really have an advantage.
It might be a good example (or just a coincidence) that since sp_ announced a week ago that he "pushed Quark on the AMD 280x from 1.7 MHASH to 4,5MHASH on standard clocks" the weekly average hashrate on yaamp for quark increased from 572 mh/s to 852 mh/s even though the profit decreased from 0.051 to 0.0398 mbtc/mh/d. And apparently there's a private russian miner which does 11mh/s (280x) and if that was free, quark mining would turn unprofitable very fast. So really, you either have very cheap electiricty, a fast private miner or tons of time to research coins nobody is looking at.

Miners mine mainly for profit so why shouldn't devs prioritize their profits as well? Assuming sp_ haven't changed his donation address he only received 4.6 BTC in the last 9 months meanwhile on yaamp alone currently there are 98 miners (with who knows how many cards per miner) using different SP-MOD ccminer forks. How many of those people ever donated or even knew this thread existed? Sure, private miners have plenty of cons on both sides but I'd certainly like to know the options.

Not your keys, not your coins!
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 04:48:54 PM

Miners mine mainly for profit so why shouldn't devs prioritize their profits as well? Assuming sp_ haven't changed his donation address he only received 4.6 BTC in the last 9 months meanwhile on yaamp alone currently there are 98 miners (with who knows how many cards per miner) using different SP-MOD ccminer forks. How many of those people ever donated or even knew this thread existed? Sure, private miners have plenty of cons on both sides but I'd certainly like to know the options.
[/quote]

You can't just look at BTC donations. Some of us donated mining time to DASH & development time/trials.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: