Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:13:54 AM

is it all about the btc? ... or is there another motive? ... i would like ot know because if there is something WE can do about it - WE will ...

I have spent a year on this in my sparetime to learn how to program the GPU. Wolf0 has been modding kernals since 2013. He started opensource, and then found out he could make a living out of it and stopped sharing..  
I will continue as before, release some small improvements to the public and keep some for myself. But one day I might quit my job as a C# programmer and do this fulltime..

then you are a fool (sorry to say...)  Grin
and a big one for not realizing that your releasing model is flawed and will never get you any money...

fun fact: satisfying your fan base goes in total opposite direction with making money

ps: may-be I should start selling my kernel to you  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:20:33 AM

so what is the result of all this? ...

all the miners that come out will be far from 'good'? ... or just good and the private ones better ( which is the case now ) ? ...

im curious as to whether there is a valid way to put more incentive in the hands of the devs - or many ways to ...

obviously selling private miners is one way - and making sure the miners are always at least 3 steps ahead of the public ones ...

but are there any ways that you would work with? ...

and no - its not always about making money ... i know many people who have done things like this and worked very hard for the sheer pleasure of it - the accomplishment of the task at hand - as it were ...

but i must admit - the vast majority of reasons behind any of the work is for money ... im just saying its not always - and not all of us are driven that way ...

#crysx

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:46:14 AM

fair enough ...
so what you are actually saying is that no matter HOW much donations are given - they wont be released ... is that right? ...
or - the private kernels will be WAY infront of the opensourced one? ...
am i getting this right? ...
i just want to make it clear in my own mind eactly what it is you intend on doing ... thats all ...
#crysx

The quark  hashrate rate is going up isn't it? Little bit bether in every release.
I have got 0.02BTC in donations for release 69, and DJM34 is complaining.

maybe send you another 980ti as a donation? ... maybe to all the devs? ... Wink ...

#crysx
I'd be happy to receive one Grin (you would get my newer kernels)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:49:06 AM

fair enough ...
so what you are actually saying is that no matter HOW much donations are given - they wont be released ... is that right? ...
i just want to make it clear in my own mind eactly what it is you intend on doing ... thats all ...
#crysx

The quark  hashrate rate is going up isn't it? Little bit bether in every release.

it is ... and much tanx for that ...

but i see the issue AND am trying to do something about it ... same with quite a few others in the community ...

im asking these questions because they are questions that will determine the future of what will be the donation system ...

is this not a step forward to putting more money in devs pockets? ... or have some other sort of incentive? ...

is it all about the btc? ... or is there another motive? ... i would like ot know because if there is something WE can do about it - WE will ...

i come from a corporate environment - and the majority of the corporates backstab and underhand to get what they need ... this is NOT corporate ... and if there is a way of making it a more viable environment for you ( devs ) for the community as a whole - then we need to find a way ... admittedly - 0.02btc is a small amount - but its probably what the donors had to give ...

i can give that a few hours of mining with thefarm ( and i have many a time ) - and if everyone mined together - we would see that sort of figure in a few minutes ...

what im saying is that without some idea of what needs to be done - i ( and those that are the doers - donors and other devs alike ) are shooting in the dark as to what can be done to improve the situation ...

is there a better way? .. if so - what? ...

there is only so much i can do sp - especially on the 'open market' to help ...

unless we pay privately for a dev to maximize the kernel proficiency - and that would mean no one wins but the dev and the farm involved ...

if thats the way things are moving - then thats what is going to happen ...

what can be done to entice more donations? ...

maybe send you another 980ti as a donation? ... maybe to all the devs? ... Wink ...

#crysx

i dont understand djm34 ...

does this mean you want a 980ti for your optimized code? ... Smiley ...

or are you saying that private work is the way to go? ...

edit - i responded before you finished the edit ... Smiley ...

so product swap would be a good way? ... really? ...

#crysx

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:02:02 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 12:14:38 PM by djm34

fair enough ...
#crysx

but i see the issue AND am trying to do something about it ... same with quite a few others in the community ...

im asking these questions because they are questions that will determine the future of what will be the donation system ...

is this not a step forward to putting more money in devs pockets? ... or have some other sort of incentive? ...

i come from a corporate environment - and the majority of the corporates backstab and underhand to get what they need ... this is NOT corporate ... and if there is a way of making it a more viable environment for you ( devs ) for the community as a whole - then we need to find a way ... admittedly - 0.02btc is a small amount - but its probably what the donors had to give ...

i can give that a few hours of mining with thefarm ( and i have many a time ) - and if everyone mined together - we would see that sort of figure in a few minutes ...

what im saying is that without some idea of what needs to be done - i ( and those that are the doers - donors and other devs alike ) are shooting in the dark as to what can be done to improve the situation ...

unless we pay privately for a dev to maximize the kernel proficiency - and that would mean no one wins but the dev and the farm involved ...

#crysx

#crysx
I mean for one deal it could be a way (as long as I don't have to pay for the shipping and the card hasn't been beaten to death), price tag for a 980ti is around 3~4btc
so it sounds like a rather decent offer... (not like the '0.001btc' beer, which actually doesn't even buy a beer in my country  Grin)

people wants us to optimize for their cards, but usually we still have to buy the card ourselves... so...

djm34 facebook page
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:10:14 PM

fair enough ...
#crysx

#crysx

#crysx
I mean for one deal it could be a way (as long as I don't have to pay for the shipping), price tag for a 980ti is around 3~4btc
so it sounds like a rather decent offer... (not like the '0.001btc' beer, which actually doesn't even buy a beer in my country  Grin)

people wants us to optimize for their cards, but usually we still have to buy the card ourselves... so...

hmmm - ok ...

and would that be a nice incentive for all devs? ... ( sp? pallas? tnelson? wolf0? others i havent mentioned? ) ...

if so - could we all crowdfund to get these products for these optimizations? ... ie - we all pitch in for the next big optimizations ...

if not product - crowdfund in btc so you can buy the products in your own country? ...

would that be incentive enough? ...

#crysx

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:24:43 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 12:38:00 PM by djm34

snip

snip
I mean for one deal it could be a way (as long as I don't have to pay for the shipping), price tag for a 980ti is around 3~4btc

hmmm - ok ...

and would that be a nice incentive for all devs? ... ( sp? pallas? tnelson? wolf0? others i havent mentioned? ) ...

if so - could we all crowdfund to get these products for these optimizations? ... ie - we all pitch in for the next big optimizations ...

if not product - crowdfund in btc so you can buy the products in your own country? ...

#crysx
oh... crowdfunding... like having the card in 2 years...  Grin
I think I misinterpreted what you were saying, I thought you wanted to offer us a card... (yeah... that was too good to be true)
also considering the size of your farm this would clearly make sense (3 digits gpu farm) ... but hey never mind...  Grin

Actually your problem with funding us, is that you want to put all the dev in competition like for your mining donation system
directed at some dev rather than other one (while new development usually comes from integrating stuff, developed by others... )
So as long as you will put dev in competition, then there is no chance for us to collaborate... because again I end up with that question, why would I release new stuff if only sp gets anything  (when he gets anything... ) for the time I spent...

imo, much closer to a parasitic ecosystem than a symbiosis one...

djm34 facebook page
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:11:14 PM

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.
Emphasis mine. Sadly, that is just the way it is (not all miners, but certainly the majority).

[...] have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.
No t-nelson. The way a donation works, is that I am the one saying: Thank you, just saying it through bits and bytes of magic internet money (I think there was even an altcoin by this name  Roll Eyes). The more developers contribute, the more fun and toys for all of us miners with Nivida cards (sidenote: I'm not even using this fork or ever solo'ing).

It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...
You do have my number already, right?  Grin

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:17:06 PM

snip

snip

hmmm - ok ...

#crysx
oh... crowdfunding... like having the card in 2 years...  Grin
I think I misinterpreted what you were saying, I thought you wanted to offer us a card... (yeah... that was too good to be true)
also considering the size of your farm this would clearly make sense (3 digits gpu farm) ... but hey never mind...  Grin

Actually your problem with funding us, is that you want to put all the dev in competition like for your mining donation system
directed at some dev rather than other one (while new development usually comes from integrating stuff, developed by others... )
So as long as you will put dev in competition, then there is no chance for us to collaborate... because again I end up with that question, why would I release new stuff if only sp gets anything  (when he gets anything... ) for the time I spent...

imo, much closer to a parasitic ecosystem than a symbiosis one...

i agree with the parasitic ecosystem .. and also agree that mining ( or donating in any other way ) to a singular dev 'may' not be the best way of doing this - rather should be an OPTION ... so good point ...

but ive already seen that coming ... which is why ive been working on the new server for donation ... its a rotational mining system ...

it mines ( via algo ) for a limited time to one dev and moves on for the same amount of time to another and so on ...

this means that all the devs have mining time 24 / 7 ... the dilemma here is - which devs are collaborating with who? ... or do we do a wheeling system for all devs that are on the list ( which i think is an unfair way ) ... or do we give the community the choice of devs they want to donate hash to - on an individual level - and they create their own dev list to donate to ... or do we leave it to the devs to decide which list of devs get listed together? ...

there are many aspects to this - and one that has been considered very carefully ... looking at all options ...

btw - i wasnt kidding about the cards ... i was merely stipulating that if the possibility arose to do so - would that be a viable option ...

you seem to like that option ... am i correct? ...

djm34 - i dont pose a question unless i have a motive behind it ... products are not a 'too good to be true' scenario because they too are in the plans of the project i have been working on ...

my history is long and my experience is dense ... part of which - i owned three retail stores and a wholesale distribution ( and service ) center for computer products - including cabling - components - parts ...

its all gone now ( for personal reasons ) - but the contacts are all still there ... so the plans are there to integrate many things into this project of mine ... all under the granite umbrella ..

the modules for this project are coming together - but slowly ... after all - i can only do so much at a time ...

the point is - if product is what would incentivise you and other devs ... then maybe thats the way to go ... if btc is - then that is another way ... if that is what it takes - then that is an option we need to look at ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:23:59 PM

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.
Emphasis mine. Sadly, that is just the way it is (not all miners, but certainly the majority).

[...] have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.
No t-nelson. The way a donation works, is that I am the one saying: Thank you, just saying it through bits and bytes of magic internet money (I think there was even an altcoin by this name  Roll Eyes). The more developers contribute, the more fun and toys for all of us miners with Nivida cards (sidenote: I'm not even using this fork or ever solo'ing).

It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...
You do have my number already, right?  Grin

unfortunately - this is the way it works as a reality ...

i may be wrong about the 'community' - but im certainly not wrong about the good people that DO - and not complain ... the ones that say tanx - in their own way - whatever that may be ...

sad but true - there will always be the leechers and complainers ... but there will always be the flipside - and those that want to help ...

unfortunately at this stage - it seems the public / private miner situation is the way to go ...

im still pushing forward with what little i can do on my end ... and any help that i can get - to give help to the devs will be appreciated ( im talking about coding and expertise and ideas and advice ) ...

my way of saying tanx for all your work - is building a foundation that i ( and hopefully most ) will use as ONE of the avenues to donate ...

its not the best - but its something ... and its only the beginning ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:53:11 PM

I have spent a year on this in my sparetime to learn how to program the GPU. Wolf0 has been modding kernals since 2013. He started opensource, and then found out he could make a living out of it and stopped sharing..  
I will continue as before, release some small improvements to the public and keep some for myself. But one day I might quit my job as a C# programmer and do this fulltime..
then you are a fool (sorry to say...)  Grin
and a big one for not realizing that your releasing model is flawed and will never get you any money...
fun fact: satisfying your fan base goes in total opposite direction with making money
ps: may-be I should start selling my kernel to you  Grin

I could buy it, but my quark kernals are more profitable at the moment.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
qqqq
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:37:25 PM

How to show gpu temp and fan speed in output. Can't find the flag in readme, but saw it at scryptr pic ?

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:48:01 PM

Hi all
Is there any good websites where i can see what a typical hashing speed for X11 is these days with the latest Nvidia GPUs?
I have looked through this thread but there is alot all over so if any of you are hashing X11 and using different GPUs with the latest version of CCminer, can you post your typical speeds.
Just interested myself to give me an idea.
Thanks
Ian

750ti: 3MHASH
960: 4,7MHASH
970: 8.1MHASH
980: 10MHASH
980ti: 12.8MHASH

THanks so much, This is really handy Smiley

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 04:20:44 PM

How to show gpu temp and fan speed in output. Can't find the flag in readme, but saw it at scryptr pic ?

LINUX ONLY--

Currently it is a Linux-only feature.  It will also display clock speeds if you have the latest drivers.  I need to update my nVidia drivers.      --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
qqqq
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:23:33 PM

LINUX ONLY--

Currently it is a Linux-only feature.  It will also display clock speeds if you have the latest drivers.  I need to update my nVidia drivers.      --scryptr

Thanks.
UserAlter

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

?

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:42:27 PM

who here can confirm any working miner for lyra2v2 algo coin solo-mining?

I'm found a 2 blocks of VTC.

FIX CONFIRMED FOR VERTCOIN--

I found a block after a few hours of mining:

6x GTX 750ti rig solo-mining VTC finds first block with sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.

After I find a couple more blocks, I'll post a pic of the wallet.  The mined blocks take 120 block confirmations to mature.  I won't always be able to capture the mining console as in the above pic, but this first block will be matched on the wallet capture.

--scryptr

EDIT:

VertCoin wallet with first three 50-coin blocks found by solomining.

The lowest (oldest) block that has been found is now mature.  The crossed hammers indicate that the blocks were found by mining.

4x GTX 970 rig finds a block of VTC with sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.

While I was editing this, a third block posted to the wallet.  Smiley

--scryptr
scryptr,

How is the solomining going?

Thanks in advance!
badgoes

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:48:28 PM

Hi

after the neoscrypt update from t-nelson I test it
the error is gone but i don´t get any status update from ccminer is this normal ?

best regards
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 05:05:36 PM

who here can confirm any working miner for lyra2v2 algo coin solo-mining?

I'm found a 2 blocks of VTC.

FIX CONFIRMED FOR VERTCOIN--

I found a block after a few hours of mining:

6x GTX 750ti rig solo-mining VTC finds first block with sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.

After I find a couple more blocks, I'll post a pic of the wallet.  The mined blocks take 120 block confirmations to mature.  I won't always be able to capture the mining console as in the above pic, but this first block will be matched on the wallet capture.

--scryptr

EDIT:

VertCoin wallet with first three 50-coin blocks found by solomining.

The lowest (oldest) block that has been found is now mature.  The crossed hammers indicate that the blocks were found by mining.

4x GTX 970 rig finds a block of VTC with sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.

While I was editing this, a third block posted to the wallet.  Smiley

--scryptr
scryptr,

How is the solomining going?

Thanks in advance!

HASH RATE--

I get steady status updates of my cards' hash rate in the mining console.  Fluctuation is really low compared to pool status reports.  VertCoin (VTC) has a pretty high difficulty for a small solo-mining operation like mine, but I am getting 2-3 blocks per day.  This is about the right average.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:01:45 PM

LINUX ONLY--

Thanks.

COOL-BITS--

After you have a Linux box set up, issuing this command will activate the stats features on the latest nvidia drivers:

"sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration"

Leave off the quote marks.  You may need to do some web research on Cool-Bits, nvidia-smi, and nvidia-xconfig.  Other people have explained it back further in this thread, and there is a lot of info out there on the web.

--scryptr

qqqq
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:14:04 PM

Anybody knows a proper request to monitoring API, like IP:port and command (getsummary for ex) ? A remeber cgminer has
Code:
The JSON request format required is '{"command":"CMD","parameter":"PARAM"}'
but as i understand ccminer api dosn't support Json api request and answers.
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: