Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:37:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:17:12 PM

Holy crap im gone for almost 2 weeks working a new job and cann is at 2044 sats in cryptsy??? last i check it was around 1600, keep it up guys!!!

Marijuana is now legal in the state of Oregon! Now that Oregon legislature has passed our recreational marijuana bill the farm i am currently involved with is going to be shifting into overtime to become to the first Oregon dispensary to accept Cann!!!

Fuck the moon, to the edge of the universe!!!

Awesome!  Name and location of the dispensary?  Are you guys listed on Leafly?

Unfortunately we are still in the designing stage. We have looked at a few floor plans but with the current legalities we might have to wait a while before we can open up shop how we want to do it. It will be a recreational shop that will sell rec to anyone of age BUT they will get a big discount if they have a medical card!

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:13:43 PM

Simple!

Step 1. Get Cannabiscoin listed at shapeshift.io

Step 2. Move to California

Step 3.  Go spend your CANN at http://goldengatesgreenest.com

Step 4......

Step 5. Take Nap

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 04:30:43 PM

Simple!

Step 4......

Step 5. Take Nap

D9 -- This needs to happen.. CryptoRekt needs a place to spend his CANN Tongue

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:56:50 PM

Those cartridges are around 70% THC and 100% Cannabis oil, No freaking nasty Coconut oil or glycerin. tasty and potent as hell. Only the best for our crypto/cannabis lovers!

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:02:26 AM

Simple!

Step 4......

Step 5. Take Nap

Dude, do something extra for your patients and join the Yes We CANN movement.

Step 1. Download and install a CannabisCoin wallet.

Step 2. Add CANN to your payment options.

Step 3. Show your appreciation to your patients by donating some mmj into the CANNdy inventory and honoring the 1:1 peg to whatever limit you are able (at least for veterans as I believe that is your focus).

Step 4. Bask in the warm glow of doing something wonderful for people in need.

Step 5. Take a nap or sleep the sleep of the righteous.

Just a thought...

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:50:46 AM

Hi Everyone!

We are still in Colorado and finishing things up here.  Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO!

BTW, Currently working on new great things for CannabisCoin and the ever evolving MMJ industry.  Building a new web platform that will integrate/support CannabisCoin, further details will be given as we reach beta.

~DeltaNine

YES WE CANN

Awesome!  Thanks for the update.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:10:52 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 08:45:24 AM by goldengatesgreenest.com

Simple!

Step 3.  Go spend your CANN at http://goldengatesgreenest.com

Step 4......

Step 5. Take Nap

Step 3. Show your appreciation to your patients by donating some mmj into the CANNdy inventory and honoring the 1:1 peg to whatever limit you are able (at least for veterans as I believe that is your focus).

Just a thought...

What CANNdy inventory?  Thought CANNdy was a specific strain.  When and If CANNdy is given to us, we will distribute it.  We love vets, already are working with some local VFW cannabis organizations in the area that we will be providing free cannabis to without the need for CANN or any Crypto.

TBH, I'm not for sure that CANN fits what we are doing.  Remember, we are doing this for us and our goals and not to promote any coins agenda and any targeted price range.  I just don't see CANN getting to what, $17-$20 per CANN, which is the range for a gram of good cannabis.

Meh, not here to discuss that.  I understand how to use Crypto.  I just don't understand why this is any different than any other coin besides a theoretical pegging to a strain of cannabis. Not to be a sour diesel, but AA++++++ Cannabis, well it grows on trees in CA.  I just made contact with a Veteran who grows a private stock bud that was tested by SC Labs at 33% THC that might supply us with cannabis.  Will CANNdy be better than that?

I'm not hating, those are serious questions that need to be figured out before you're going to convince most growers to grow CANNdy and for dispensaries to carry CANNdy.  There needs to be more incentive for growers to grow CANNdy besides warm and fuzzy feelings.

D9 has some serious distribution issues to deal with since his goals already reach across many states.   Let me know when D9 adds a well known genetics team to CANN to really create a potent strain seed and distribute it out for free to growers.  Want CANN to succeed?  Have CANNdy win the Cannabis Cup. Simple! Smiley

dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:21:28 AM

Nice dump Grin
ppl will sell cann to jump on LTC.
Don't set too high buy orders. Wink

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:59:54 PM

Simple!

Step 4......

Step 5. Take Nap

Just a thought...

What CANNdy inventory?  Thought CANNdy was a specific strain.  When and If CANNdy is given to us, we will distribute it.  We love vets, already are working with some local VFW cannabis organizations in the area that we will be providing free cannabis to without the need for CANN or any Crypto.

TBH, I'm not for sure that CANN fits what we are doing.  Remember, we are doing this for us and our goals and not to promote any coins agenda and any targeted price range.  I just don't see CANN getting to what, $17-$20 per CANN, which is the range for a gram of good cannabis.

Meh, not here to discuss that.  I understand how to use Crypto.  I just don't understand why this is any different than any other coin besides a theoretical pegging to a strain of cannabis. Not to be a sour diesel, but AA++++++ Cannabis, well it grows on trees in CA.  I just made contact with a Veteran who grows a private stock bud that was tested by SC Labs at 33% THC that might supply us with cannabis.  Will CANNdy be better than that?

I'm not hating, those are serious questions that need to be figured out before you're going to convince most growers to grow CANNdy and for dispensaries to carry CANNdy.  There needs to be more incentive for growers to grow CANNdy besides warm and fuzzy feelings.

D9 has some serious distribution issues to deal with since his goals already reach across many states.   Let me know when D9 adds a well known genetics team to CANN to really create a potent strain seed and distribute it out for free to growers.  Want CANN to succeed?  Have CANNdy win the Cannabis Cup. Simple! Smiley

Ah see, you've quite missed the point Smiley

CANNdy is not "a [singular] strain" although strains [plural] are being developed specifically for the CANNdy inventory.

Straight from the OP [emphasis added]:

What is CANNdy?

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

You can donate any mmj into the CANNdy inventory as any and every cultivator can devote some portion of their crop in exactly the same manner as produce and cereal growers can and do devote portions of their crops to food banks.

What is the “Yes We CANN” movement?

The Yes We CANN movement is about medical marijuana dispensaries and shop owners that participate in providing safe, affordable, and quality medicine utilizing CannabisCoin as payment. This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

The "profit" for dispensaries is both tangible and intangible.

If you go straight for the material bottom line then the value comes from attracting your client patients to use electronic transactions for all purchases in the absence of banking and financial institutional support. Face it, physical cash is a major problem for brick-and-mortar dispensaries and recreational marijuana retailers, with increased insurance costs, security costs and compliance costs of transaction logging, etc.. Every CannabisCoin [CANN] transaction is irrevocably logged in the CannabisCoin block chain and this removes problems such as employee cash diversion while making down-selling (selling their mates premium product at discount prices) much more difficult with every transaction traceable. The "donation cost" of a few grams of medication at the 1:1 peg falls dramatically as you shift remaining transactions to CANN at market rates. High volumes of cash are expensive to handle while high volumes of CannabisCoin are not. I imagine it varies by state but here in Australia there are tax concessions for product donations and promotional costs.

The intangible of course depends on just how much you enjoy helping people in need. Added to that is the business goodwill generated by discounting medicinal product.

The key point is that you do not need to wait for ∆9 to give you anything, you can become a part of the Yes We CANN movement and begin showing your appreciation to your mmj patients by donating into the CANNdy inventory right now - that is your own in house CANNdy inventory, you don't send it off to any collective or external distributor. Any and every dispensary and cultivator in every state where medical marijuana is permitted can do likewise and they can honor the 1:1 peg too.

∆9 and the team are working on exciting new enhancements but that need not hold anyone up.

digitalgrow

Activity: 704

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:32:15 PM

Nice dump here, slowly getting to my target of required CANN, this is a buy and hold
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:32:17 PM

Nice dump to less than 1700 satoshi
Looks like many coins are being dumped to chase onto LTC bandwagon.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 04:37:25 PM

i suspect we will see the 1200 range within the next few days if not today depending on how many holders are shaken out by people attempting to get on the profit train for LTC.

Hope we get back to May 1st range of around 1200-1300 for a good accumulation phase.

All the people getting out now are going to miss out.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:02:39 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 07:22:45 PM by goldengatesgreenest.com

Simple!

Step 4......

Step 5. Take Nap

Just a thought...

D9 has some serious distribution issues to deal with since his goals already reach across many states.   Let me know when D9 adds a well known genetics team to CANN to really create a potent strain seed and distribute it out for free to growers.  Want CANN to succeed?  Have CANNdy win the Cannabis Cup. Simple! Smiley

Ah see, you've quite missed the point Smiley

CANNdy is not "a [singular] strain" although strains [plural] are being developed specifically for the CANNdy inventory.

Straight from the OP [emphasis added]:

What is CANNdy?

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

You can donate any mmj into the CANNdy inventory as any and every cultivator can devote some portion of their crop in exactly the same manner as produce and cereal growers can and do devote portions of their crops to food banks.

What is the “Yes We CANN” movement?

The Yes We CANN movement is about medical marijuana dispensaries and shop owners that participate in providing safe, affordable, and quality medicine utilizing CannabisCoin as payment. This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

The "profit" for dispensaries is both tangible and intangible.

If you go straight for the material bottom line then the value comes from attracting your client patients to use electronic transactions for all purchases in the absence of banking and financial institutional support. Face it, physical cash is a major problem for brick-and-mortar dispensaries and recreational marijuana retailers, with increased insurance costs, security costs and compliance costs of transaction logging, etc.. Every CannabisCoin [CANN] transaction is irrevocably logged in the CannabisCoin block chain and this removes problems such as employee cash diversion while making down-selling (selling their mates premium product at discount prices) much more difficult with every transaction traceable. The "donation cost" of a few grams of medication at the 1:1 peg falls dramatically as you shift remaining transactions to CANN at market rates. High volumes of cash are expensive to handle while high volumes of CannabisCoin are not. I imagine it varies by state but here in Australia there are tax concessions for product donations and promotional costs.

The intangible of course depends on just how much you enjoy helping people in need. Added to that is the business goodwill generated by discounting medicinal product.

The key point is that you do not need to wait for ∆9 to give you anything, you can become a part of the Yes We CANN movement and begin showing your appreciation to your mmj patients by donating into the CANNdy inventory right now - that is your own in house CANNdy inventory, you don't send it off to any collective or external distributor. Any and every dispensary and cultivator in every state where medical marijuana is permitted can do likewise and they can honor the 1:1 peg too.

∆9 and the team are working on exciting new enhancements but that need not hold anyone up.

Sorry bro, You are kinda missing the point.  The original mission back in the day for this coin was their OWN specific strain.  CANN must have changed it sometime down the road and if they did, What's the difference between me donating some crap mids to the CANN or Cheap stuff loaded with deficiencies like mold, instead of something like the pics. The price for a gram of cannabis can go anywhere from $5 to $25, who get's to decide what potency is the minimum for CANN use? Would you want cheap bud for your CANN?  Shoot, I can find free cannabis right now that nobody wants to buy and just decide to give that away free for CANN.

You don't need CANN to get people into crypto.  You don't need CANN to help people in need.  Why add CANN to the mix when I can just give away cannabis for free without it and still help people.

I totally understand where your coming from but your looking at it from a traders perspective.  From a business persons perspective, Growing cannabis just for CANN is a losing proposition for the dispensary or collective.

There's NO REAL Incentive to accept the Peg unless you are just doing it for the love of CANN.

The best your going to get from something like this is probably some low priced mids because nobody is going to give away their best of their stuff for free.  Not unless you're already profiting hugely from CANN.  Do you really think that only NEEDY people will try to use all their CANN  to get free cannabis?  Nope, probably the biggest stack owner will try and use it all for free pot.  Not because he needs it, but because he can afford to drop 450CANN on a Pound of Cannabis.  LOL

Please don't keep pushing the issue to me unless you got something substantial to let me think about.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:25:42 PM

Quote from: goldengatesgreenest.com
The original mission back in the day for this coin was their OWN specific strain.

not so AFAIK. link?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
kprell40

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:27:27 PM

i suspect we will see the 1200 range within the next few days if not today depending on how many holders are shaken out by people attempting to get on the profit train for LTC.

Hope we get back to May 1st range of around 1200-1300 for a good accumulation phase.

All the people getting out now are going to miss out.

one report  said CANN will be  around 3800-4500 by the end of the year , the March-May 2016 will be 1.00 to 3.00 usa
 so for me i'm just holding and see what will be  Smiley

goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:34:05 PM

The original mission back in the day for this coin was their OWN specific strain.

not so AFAIK. link?

I talked to D9 personally on skype and over phone in the earlier days of the coin when it was still at 400sat about the mission of CANN.  I still have the skype chat transcripts from my talk with D9 on August 6th, 2014.

It's true, I could be totally wrong as I am coming from memory but IMO the original talks were for a strain that they were growing and they were going to distribute seeds to other states as CANNdy transport would be a federal offense.

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:59:44 PM

one report  said CANN will be  around 3800-4500 by the end of the year , the March-May 2016 will be 1.00 to 3.00 usa
can u tell wich "report"?
kprell40

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:03:35 PM

can u tell wich "report"?

I will go in to my browser history and see if I can get . and post it

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:09:14 AM

not so AFAIK. link?

I talked to D9 personally on skype and over phone in the earlier days of the coin when it was still at 400sat about the mission of CANN.  I still have the skype chat transcripts from my talk with D9 on August 6th, 2014.

It's true, I could be totally wrong as I am coming from memory but IMO the original talks were for a strain that they were growing and they were going to distribute seeds to other states as CANNdy transport would be a federal offense.

@ goldengatesgreenest

You want something substantial to think on? How about that you are already employing a philosophically and financially similar marketing strategy?

But firstly let's deal with the single strain, multiple strain thing and a few of your random statements. Perhaps one single exclusive strain was an impression given or taken during a skype call friend but the OP has always stated in plural, along with donations of any other medical marijuana - hence my highlighting.

What's the difference between me donating some crap mids to the CANN or Cheap stuff loaded with deficiencies like mold, instead of something like the pics.

The best [you're] going to get from something like this is probably some low priced mids because nobody is going to give away their best of their stuff for free.

I would suggest to you that any dispensary donating "crap" will find that doing so is hugely negative promotion and not remain in business for long. Would you give your patients garbage?

Additionally you are probably well aware State marijuana laws do not permit patients to buy marijuana by the pound nor has there ever been any intimation that CANNdy would be available in unlimited quantities, making your statement:

Nope, probably the biggest stack owner will try and use it all for free pot.  Not because he needs it, but because he can afford to drop 450CANN on a Pound of Cannabis.

quite absurd and unworthy of an answer.

Now, I get the impression you are strictly operating a web portal so perhaps you do not see any of the advantages CannabisCoin brings to brick-and-mortar businesses but you asked so here's one thumbnail scenario for you:

As background here's a few articles on marijuana dispensaries' cash problem:- Protecting Marijuana's $2.7 Billion Cash Industry When Banks Won't; Security Firms Thrive While Cannabusiness Seeks Banking; Mad Scramble in Nevada After Bank Retreats From Cannabis Industry; Marijuana cash is problem for Illinois tax collection; From 'cash teams' to security, marijuana business gets serious and so on... if you are interested in the problem a simple internet search should net plenty of results.

Obviously banks will not provide financial services unless and until marijuana is removed from Schedule I and becomes legal federally. This means that dispensaries are stuck with handling loads of cash along with the security and insurance costs volumes of cash entails. The solution is obviously a digital point-of-sale system outside the federal banking system but which can be converted to fiat currency at will.

The media has painted Bitcoin as something shady and dubious, belonging to the realm of gangsters, gun dealers and drug lords, something which Fred and Freda Sixpack unfortunately believe. This increases the difficulty of bringing crypto to the average patient. It also allows the anti marijuana brigade to paint dispensaries trying to use bitcoin as shady by association.

How do you get patients to use crypto in the face of that? One answer is to provide high-value, low-cost medication in exchange for purpose-made crypto and perhaps some discount on other purchases also made with said crypto at full exchange rates.

I would call moving clients from cash to crypto one very real reason to "accept the peg", as you put it. While CannabisCoin is as cheap as it is you can consider it a loss-leader marketing strategy if you cash out immediately or, if you stockpile until broadening use drives CANN toward parity market pricing you could view it as deferred payment. Either way it significantly reduces your cash cost and greatly reduces the opportunity for employee theft which is unfortunately a major issue.

Of course, if your only business model is built on a web portal then this may not have been a relevant outline for you particularly but I note you already offer a 15% discount for PotCoin sales. Is that because non-bitcoin crypto offers you a cheaper transaction structure? Isn't that merely another inducement to have your client patients use a preferred payment system? How is your blanket discount philosophically different from a loss leader strategy?

In view of your own marketing strategy and assuming you don't "sell crap" for your 15% discount, do you still believe dispensaries will only donate rubbish into the CANNdy inventory?

I firmly believe in what ∆9 is doing and in ∆9 himself, for that matter. I am quite certain CannabisCoin is going to be very big news as crops become available for distribution. Think of the free promotion you'll get if you are already part of the Yes We CANN movement. Why wouldn't you give patients you are already trying to help a near-free gram or two or even three per day or week to encourage more patients to use crypto? Absent monumental changes in federal and banking industry policy and laws CannabisCoin is going to be used more widely and increase in price which will reduce the cost of such a loss leader strategy.

You say that you want to help veterans and donate some medication. Great! Donating what you can into the CANNdy inventory is one way of so doing. How much you donate and what daily/weekly limit you put on the pegged supply is entirely up to you.

Remember too that the average dispensary spend in California is $70. Guess what? If your CANNdy donation were to take the form of a single $10 1 gram preroll that's a discount of just over 14% minus the return you get from 1 CANN. Do the math. Honoring the peg need not be an expensive proposition for the dispensary at all. For your situation a limit of 1 gram of CANNdy per patient per day at peg would average out cheaper than your 15% PotCoin discount and actually be more profitable if you stockpile and delay cashing out. Even as a web portal rather than a brick-and-mortar business there is still advantage for you being part of the Yes We CANN movement.

I assume profit, additional marketing strategy and significant free promotion on the horizon are substantial enough for you to think about. I hope that profitable businesses will gift medicine to needy patients but as you can see there is a hard-headed business case to be made for donating medical marijuana into the CANNdy inventory. Think on that.

Edited for typos

goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:15:54 AM

not so AFAIK. link?

I talked to D9 personally on skype and over phone in the earlier days of the coin when it was still at 400sat about the mission of CANN.  I still have the skype chat transcripts from my talk with D9 on August 6th, 2014.

@ goldengatesgreenest

You want something substantial to think on? How about that you are already employing a philosophically and financially similar marketing strategy?

But firstly let's deal with the single strain, multiple strain thing and a few of your random statements. Perhaps one single exclusive strain was an impression given or taken during a skype call friend but the OP has always stated in plural, along with donations of any other medical marijuana - hence my highlighting.

The best [you're] going to get from something like this is probably some low priced mids because nobody is going to give away their best of their stuff for free.

I would suggest to you that any dispensary donating "crap" will find that doing so is hugely negative promotion and not remain in business for long. Would you give your patients garbage?

Additionally you are probably well aware State marijuana laws do not permit patients to buy marijuana by the pound nor has there ever been any intimation that CANNdy would be available in unlimited quantities, making your statement:

Nope, probably the biggest stack owner will try and use it all for free pot.  Not because he needs it, but because he can afford to drop 450CANN on a Pound of Cannabis.

quite absurd and unworthy of an answer.

Now, I get the impression you are strictly operating a web portal so perhaps you do not see any of the advantages CannabisCoin brings to brick-and-mortar businesses but you asked so here's one thumbnail scenario for you:

As background here's a few articles on marijuana dispensaries' cash problem:- Protecting Marijuana's $2.7 Billion Cash Industry When Banks Won't; Security Firms Thrive While Cannabusiness Seeks Banking; Mad Scramble in Nevada After Bank Retreats From Cannabis Industry; Marijuana cash is problem for Illinois tax collection; From 'cash teams' to security, marijuana business gets serious and so on... if you are interested in the problem a simple internet search should net plenty of results.

Obviously banks will not provide financial services unless and until marijuana is removed from Schedule I and becomes legal federally. This means that dispensaries are stuck with handling loads of cash along with the security and insurance costs volumes of cash entails. The solution is obviously a digital point-of-sale system outside the federal banking system but which can be converted to fiat currency at will.

The media has painted Bitcoin as something shady and dubious, belonging to the realm of gangsters, gun dealers and drug lords, something which Fred and Freda Sixpack unfortunately believe. This increases the difficulty of bringing crypto to the average patient. It also allows the anti marijuana brigade to paint dispensaries trying to use bitcoin as shady by association.

How do you get patients to use crypto in the face of that? One answer is to provide high-value, low-cost medication in exchange for purpose-made crypto and perhaps some discount on other purchases also made with said crypto at full exchange rates.

I would call moving clients from cash to crypto one very real reason to "accept the peg", as you put it. While CannabisCoin is as cheap as it is you can consider it a loss-leader marketing strategy if you cash out immediately or, if you stockpile until broadening use drives CANN toward parity market pricing you could view it as deferred payment. Either way it significantly reduces your cash cost and greatly reduces the opportunity for employee theft which is unfortunately a major issue.

Of course, if your only business model is built on a web portal then this may not have been a relevant outline for you particularly but I note you already offer a 15% discount for PotCoin sales. Is that because non-bitcoin crypto offers you a cheaper transaction structure? Isn't that merely another inducement to have your client patients use a preferred payment system? How is your blanket discount philosophically different from a loss leader strategy?

In view of your own marketing strategy and assuming you don't "sell crap" for your 15% discount, do you still believe dispensaries will only donate rubbish into the CANNdy inventory?

I firmly believe in what ∆9 is doing and in ∆9 himself, for that matter. I am quite certain CannabisCoin is going to be very big news as crops become available for distribution. Think of the free promotion you'll get if you are already part of the Yes We CANN movement. Why wouldn't you give patients you are already trying to help a near-free gram or two or even three per day or week to encourage more patients to use crypto? Absent monumental changes in federal and banking industry policy and laws CannabisCoin is going to be used more widely and increase in price which will reduce the cost of such a loss leader strategy.

You say that you want to help veterans and donate some medication. Great! Donating what you can into the CANNdy inventory is one way of so doing. How much you donate and what daily/weekly limit you put on the pegged supply is entirely up to you.

Remember too that the average dispensary spend in California is $70. Guess what? If your CANNdy donation were to take the form of a single $10 1 gram preroll that's a discount of just over 14% minus the return you get from 1 CANN. Do the math. Honoring the peg need not be an expensive proposition for the dispensary at all. For your situation a limit of 1 gram of CANNdy per patient per day at peg would average out cheaper than your 15% PotCoin discount and actually more profitable if you stockpile and delay cashing out. Even as a web portal rather than a brick-and-mortar business there is still advantage for you being part of the Yes We CANN movement.

I assume profit, additional marketing strategy and significant free promotion on the horizon are substantial enough for you to think about. I hope that profitable businesses will gift medicine to needy patients but as you can see there is a hard-headed business case to be made for donating medical marijuana into the CANNdy inventory. Think on that.

Ok well good luck on your coin crusade.  we'll be here doing our thing, I'm not here to fight with you about why you think someone should provide CANN users with free cannabis. Just letting you know that not everyone is as convinced as you.

Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: