Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:35:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought)  (Read 98881 times)
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:04:42 PM

holy sh..tuff!! BAN just found two blocks in the last two hours, that makes 5 total in the past two days! woop! Shocked

Yes it looks like the pool has had nice luck for the last week or so. That should help the timely payment issue.
ATCkit

Activity: 786

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:02:16 PM

holy sh..tuff!! BAN just found two blocks in the last two hours, that makes 5 total in the past two days! woop! Shocked

Yes it looks like the pool has had nice luck for the last week or so. That should help the timely payment issue.

Ya i keep thinking i should switch to a larger PPS pool. However, BAN keeps on coming up with good block finding for a small pool....especially recently. So I continue sticking with BAN. There are days when it even pays out better than NiceHash...and the hash rate is better on BAN.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:22:59 PM

Ya i keep thinking i should switch to a larger PPS pool. However, BAN keeps on coming up with good block finding for a small pool....especially recently. So I continue sticking with BAN. There are days when it even pays out better than NiceHash...and the hash rate is better on BAN.

The other larger PPS pool charges a 4% fee, so as long as BAN pays on time this pool is much better. I just moved a couple miners back here.
ATCkit

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:27:58 PM

The other larger PPS pool charges a 4% fee, so as long as BAN pays on time this pool is much better. I just moved a couple miners back here.

It comforts me to hear that. I've been watching to see what you decided as I saw your other posts on their thread. It seems like a tough call between the 2 pools ....but that 4% fee scares me away from the other pool.
jammers

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 04:35:50 PM

just caught up on this. one thing that ban technically does is let people set the different payout periods, from 1 to 24 hours. maybe a solution could be to add in 3 day, 7 day, or set an amount? I wouldn't mind waiting longer for my payouts, and happy to ride out the things during slower periods of luck, if it would mean that some other pool members who want it more urgently want to go ahead in the queue.

And re p2pool, i'm going to be doing a mid-term review with a load of pools side by side with roughly the same hashrate, and would love to work this out, with publically available wallets so people can see what the earnings are side by side.

Blocktail's given me the mining pool data going back from day 1, 3rd January 2009, and I can map out the lifetimes of each of the pools out there including BAN.

Jan 2015 stats are at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-mining-rankings-january-2015/ with December at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-mining-rankings-december-2014/ and November at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-mining-rankings-november-2014-2/

For January just gone, BitAffNet got 55, compared to 44 from P2Pool

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
Established Block 318006 in 2014
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀   ███ ███
█           ▄███ █████████████▄▄
 ▀▄  ▄▄▄▄███████ ▀▀████▀▀▀▀██████
   █ ███▀▀███████  ████     █████
   █ ██    █   ▀▀  █████████████
   █  ██▄▄     ▄   ██████████████▄
    █  ██   █ ██   ████     ▀█████
     █  ▀█████▄█   ████     ▄█████
      ▀▄  ▀████ ████████████████▀
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:42:02 PM

I'm now 48 hours without a payment. It's up to 0.05 now owed, and I had it set at 24 hours, just changed it to 2 hours. Is this normal?

There's been a lot of blocks found recently, the namecoin payments come in often, just need the bitcoins.

Dr. Kennith Noisewater

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:10:01 PM

Yes it is normal. Your payment probably will arrive once the latest two blocks found are confirmed.  Though we've found 5 over the last 2 days the first was after a two day drought.  So I'm sure the bigger accounts were settled first and your's will be shortly. 

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:38:02 PM

just caught up on this. one thing that ban technically does is let people set the different payout periods, from 1 to 24 hours. maybe a solution could be to add in 3 day, 7 day, or set an amount? I wouldn't mind waiting longer for my payouts, and happy to ride out the things during slower periods of luck, if it would mean that some other pool members who want it more urgently want to go ahead in the queue.

And re p2pool, i'm going to be doing a mid-term review with a load of pools side by side with roughly the same hashrate, and would love to work this out, with publically available wallets so people can see what the earnings are side by side.

Blocktail's given me the mining pool data going back from day 1, 3rd January 2009, and I can map out the lifetimes of each of the pools out there including BAN.

Jan 2015 stats are at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-mining-rankings-january-2015/ with December at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-mining-rankings-december-2014/ and November at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-mining-rankings-november-2014-2/

"maybe a solution could be to add in 3 day, 7 day"

jammers this is what s0br stated at the start that he didn't want the pool to be a bank. At first he paid everyone every hour and we pleaded with him to extend the time so we could stop the fly poop payments that most received.  I think he he felt if the pool did not hold miners coins then it would be hard for the wallet, if compromised, to lose a lot.  
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:40:07 PM

It comforts me to hear that. I've been watching to see what you decided as I saw your other posts on their thread. It seems like a tough call between the 2 pools ....but that 4% fee scares me away from the other pool.

I am glad I have not pissed off everyone here on both sides of the fence.
jammers

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:32:19 PM

jammers this is what s0br stated at the start that he didn't want the pool to be a bank. At first he paid everyone every hour and we pleaded with him to extend the time so we could stop the fly poop payments that most received.  I think he he felt if the pool did not hold miners coins then it would be hard for the wallet, if compromised, to lose a lot.  

I believe he's implemented a multisig wallet everywhere now, so that can't happen again. I'm not sure other pool owners are doing that!

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:37:11 PM

Organofcorti has been doing block maker analysis for a very long time on a weekly basis: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com
Mightbe of interest for you. He also has some threads here on btctalk.
jammers

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:39:06 PM

cool, i've bookmarked that. if anyone's looking at their own wallets though, i did an interview over at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962283.new#new with the CEO / Lead Dev of bitcoin armory. their new version comes out today, so use that. takes a few hours to warm up, but then you can lock everything up nice and tight and secure

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 02:23:04 PM

My payments have been correct and on time for the 2 miners I moved back. I think as soon as Slush hits the next block I will move more back.
ATCkit

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 02:58:55 PM

BAN is paying out just over 0.01144 BTC /THS per day for the last couple days....while the other large PPS pool is paying 0.01086027 BTC / THS per day.

When they aren't rented on MRR, all my rigs back will have BAN as their priority pool.
bbeesley

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:39:43 PM

BAN is paying out just over 0.01144 BTC /THS per day for the last couple days....while the other large PPS pool is paying 0.01086027 BTC / THS per day.

yeah...it must be a "SCAM!"  ...Really said so <grin>

1A3vU4r4typS1jNFfaJjvm77ZHMtqEvB4F
remnokc

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:18:00 PM

[/quote]

FWIW: have kept my payouts set at 8hrs; 3x per day is easy for me to watch and a one or two (or three) day p/o lag does not bother me... much(?)  Roll Eyes
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:49:46 PM

FWIW: have kept my payouts set at 8hrs; 3x per day is easy for me to watch and a one or two (or three) day p/o lag does not bother me... much(?)  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

I have always had my payout set at 2 hrs and it was easy to know if there was a problem or if the amount was not right.
no141

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:50:45 AM

I'm not having any luck getting all three coins to pay out. The first two days back I was getting btc and nmc, btc was at 24 hours, nmc came in every eight. Since then, trying to get btc payout more often I changed the payout time. Now I get btc, while nmc and doge just grow. Is it broken like this only for me?

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:13:29 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 04:18:27 AM by aurel57

I'm not having any luck getting all three coins to pay out. The first two days back I was getting btc and nmc, btc was at 24 hours, nmc came in every eight. Since then, trying to get btc payout more often I changed the payout time. Now I get btc, while nmc and doge just grow. Is it broken like this only for me?

my BTC payments have been coming every 2 hours. The doge coins have not paid out in a while.. a week maybe? and nmc I am not sure when the last payment was as I really don't watch them much.

EDIT: I noticed NMC are being paid but not so for the DOGE yet.
no141

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:02:30 AM

Yes, I see NMC was paid and the amount reset. Doge waiting still.

Seems the nodes are having issues worldwide. My miners changed pools and came back, but they are still not up to speed.

Edit: after a few hiccups, pretty much back to speed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: