Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought)  (Read 98883 times)
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:15:07 AM

Yes, I see NMC was paid and the amount reset. Doge waiting still.

Seems the nodes are having issues worldwide. My miners changed pools and came back, but they are still not up to speed.

Edit: after a few hiccups, pretty much back to speed.

I see DOGE coins must have now been paid out as my amount reset. I moved all my miners back here but one that I have left at Kano's pool.
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:09:53 PM

Yep, got paid in in the last 12 hours by all three coins. Very glad to see everything working. Still don't know where the Doge actually comes from, but it's an extra something. Does the pool actually practice merge mining with the other coins like Ixcoin, Devcoin, I0coin and Groupcoin, then sell them off to get the Doge?

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:49:39 PM

Yep, got paid in in the last 12 hours by all three coins. Very glad to see everything working. Still don't know where the Doge actually comes from, but it's an extra something. Does the pool actually practice merge mining with the other coins like Ixcoin, Devcoin, I0coin and Groupcoin, then sell them off to get the Doge?

s0br said the pool is not merge mining the DOGE coins (it is a Scrypt coin) and he just gives them out as a extra and treats them as a tip coin, that is why they are listed under "Bonus Coins". They are not worth much and I just have them converted to BTC as I do with the NMC.
tlhIlwI

Activity: 305

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:45:47 PM

I'm remaining cautious while watching this pool a little longer.  At the moment my miners are at WestHash and Kano, but I did set this pool up as a backup pool.  If things remain healthy here then I'll move one of my miners back in a week or so.  I will not be moving the whole rig back though.

How did everyone survive yesterday's difficulty change?  Has that problem with payment calculation been verified as fixed?

Subscribe to my Bitcoin Mining YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eam9msr3I2qxzsCzRTuVQ
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:09:32 PM

I'm remaining cautious while watching this pool a little longer.  At the moment my miners are at WestHash and Kano, but I did set this pool up as a backup pool.  If things remain healthy here then I'll move one of my miners back in a week or so.  I will not be moving the whole rig back though.

How did everyone survive yesterday's difficulty change?  Has that problem with payment calculation been verified as fixed?

To me it was a non issue as my payments were current and I get paid every two hours so at the most it would have only effected a very small portion of my payments. (But s0br said it was fixed)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 04:28:05 PM

For the folks that have their payouts coming every 2 hours... do you have a pretty significant amount of hash?  Currently you're only going to get 0.0008975BTC per TH.  Seems like you're going to get hammered by transaction fees when you ever try to spend those coins because of the combination of so many inputs.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
no141

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:17:00 PM

For the folks that have their payouts coming every 2 hours... do you have a pretty significant amount of hash?  Currently you're only going to get 0.0008975BTC per TH.  Seems like you're going to get hammered by transaction fees when you ever try to spend those coins because of the combination of so many inputs.

I learned to manage my little pieces after having a massive darkcoin transaction that would never propagate. That massive transaction size was fixed in a more recent version.

The payout per share changed from:
To:

And payouts on btc are once again behind.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:27:04 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 06:03:44 PM by aurel57

For the folks that have their payouts coming every 2 hours... do you have a pretty significant amount of hash?  Currently you're only going to get 0.0008975BTC per TH.  Seems like you're going to get hammered by transaction fees when you ever try to spend those coins because of the combination of so many inputs.

I learned to manage my little pieces after having a massive darkcoin transaction that would never propagate. That massive transaction size was fixed in a more recent version.

The payout per share changed from:
To:

And payouts on btc are once again behind.

Yes they are behind again.

Payment in full just came thru
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:13:11 PM

When I have spent coin I have not noticed a problem yet. It use to be when I first started about 2 years ago on Slush I had my payout set at .25 but as difficulty keeps going up I think you will see more miners taking smaller payments.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 08:02:40 PM

When I have spent coin I have not noticed a problem yet. It use to be when I first started about 2 years ago on Slush I had my payout set at .25 but as difficulty keeps going up I think you will see more miners taking smaller payments.
Maybe I'm missing something... is there a minimum payout threshold you can set or is it only the time-based one?  Since 1TH/s expects to earn 0.01077BTC a day right now, that means breaking that payment into 12 pieces - so you get your payments every 2 hours - gets you the number from my post you quoted.  At the end of the day, sure you've got the same total number of coins, but the inputs to get there are 12 times more.  More inputs, the larger the size of the data in your transaction.  The larger the data, the more you pay out in transaction fees.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:12:16 PM

Maybe I'm missing something... is there a minimum payout threshold you can set or is it only the time-based one?  Since 1TH/s expects to earn 0.01077BTC a day right now, that means breaking that payment into 12 pieces - so you get your payments every 2 hours - gets you the number from my post you quoted.  At the end of the day, sure you've got the same total number of coins, but the inputs to get there are 12 times more.  More inputs, the larger the size of the data in your transaction.  The larger the data, the more you pay out in transaction fees.

No your right as its time base a miners chooses.  I knew the transaction fees are higher if you have a lot of inputs to make up the coin your spending but so far the coins I have spent I really have not notice a high fee yet? I guess I am not sure what is normal or what is high? 
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 08:37:06 PM

No your right as its time base a miners chooses.  I knew the transaction fees are higher if you have a lot of inputs to make up the coin your spending but so far the coins I have spent I really have not notice a high fee yet? I guess I am not sure what is normal or what is high? 
The typical fee that is sent along with a transaction is 0.0001BTC per kilobyte of data.  As you add more and more inputs to the transaction, the size of the payload goes up, and you pay fees accordingly.  To see the effect, use manual coin control on you wallet and play around using different inputs to send coins.  You'll quickly see that lots of small value inputs will add up to larger fees.

Given our example here, if you get paid every 2 hours, you're going to have 12 inputs into a send transaction of 0.01BTC.  If you get paid every 24 hours, that same transaction is a single input.

rkinnin

Activity: 316

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:37:44 AM

s0br said the pool is not merge mining the DOGE coins (it is a Scrypt coin) and he just gives them out as a extra and treats them as a tip coin, that is why they are listed under "Bonus Coins". They are not worth much and I just have them converted to BTC as I do with the NMC.
where do you convert them? 

would I need to first set up a DOGE Wallet??  If so, suggestions???
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:34:40 AM

Alot of people use Cryptsy.com

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
no141

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:07:16 AM

If you rather hold them for a bit, MultiDoge is the lite wallet that I use, find it at MultiDoge.org

no141

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:14:46 AM

Is this node alive?
stratum+tcp://shanghai.bitcoindigger.com:3333 (Shanghai, CN)

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:05:57 AM

would I need to first set up a DOGE Wallet??  If so, suggestions???

I just send DOGE and NMC to my CEX.IO account and once I have enough I convert them for BTC.

I would have answered sooner but my internet has been down the last 12 hours. CenturyLink Sucks
rkinnin

Activity: 316

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:15:54 PM

would I need to first set up a DOGE Wallet??  If so, suggestions???

I just send DOGE and NMC to my CEX.IO account and once I have enough I convert them for BTC.

I would have answered sooner but my internet has been down the last 12 hours. CenturyLink Sucks

I do have a CEX account.....good suggestion.  thank you.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:08:11 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 07:51:54 PM by hedgy73

My asicminer tube has not been able to connect to the pool today using geo.bitcoindigger.com or any other local stratum. It mines for about 30-45 seconds at a time before resetting and on my dashboard I'm seeing 0 GH/s as mining speed. Does anyone know if there's a problem with allowing the asicminer tube to mine because up until now its been fine. Pool stats show 2.85 PH so looks like the pools working ok for many.

EDIT: It's working again now Smiley.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:30:57 PM

Database down?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: