Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376885 times)
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:53:07 PM

Writes like a female.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:58:14 PM

Well.. I think a lot of it has to do with Paycoin's release... A lot of new attention will be on this and he's trying to control the bad side as much as possible. I peronally think the heavy censorship is counter productive because it brought the complaints to more forums and to a larger audience. It would have been safer to keep them just on HT.

I agree. If Josh had just taken the tough questions head on they would have kept their user base happy. When you start shadow banning people, and refuse to provide evidence of mining (Among other questions). . . well it makes people question what's really going on.

IMO they've given up on BTC / Scrypt mining; just like they gave up on physical hardware sales. They keep changing the game on their customers, and now they have their customers riding everything on PayCoin. It's not going to be pretty when / if PayCoin falls apart.

You mean he's managing expectations - this is something that everyone does to some degree since even on HT, the upside sometimes spins out of his control too. There are a LOT of people participating on the PayCoin project, employees, contractors, consultants and the like - all of which have some interest in helping make it a success, since I think it suits everyone that a real competitor come to the forefront in crypto to BTC, which will drive everyone to do it better.

I'm a big believer in the power of crypto to change finance as we know it. Every crypto, and to some degree even Bitcoin, has failed to deliver on promises to be a paradigm change in finance because they lacked the resources to make it happen, the cohesiveness to overcome the hurdles that decentralization represents, etc. By that, I mean that by it's very nature, Bitcoin is a tough sell to any investment by the old world economies because of it's very nature - there's no asset to really 'bet' on. This is what Josh is attempting to overcome with a solution that remains a good balance of the features that make Bitcoin attractive to the people against the needs of the financial and VC interests that need to see some assets behind the venture. By assets I mean a company with the people to pull off building the bridge between the two worlds. This is what PayCoin is going to try to represent - that bridge. I believe that vision of his to be a powerful one, and the right way to approach success.

So hate if you want. I'd rather try to help his company be successful by contributing to the project and helping make good, sound decisions with reasoned input.

As far as HT and censorship is concerned, I really only have one thing to say. It's GAW's sandbox, and if you want to play in it, it's by GAW's rules. Period. I don't think there's anything more to be said about that subject.

Any more questions? I think I've been fair in my responses and have answered everything asked of me to the best of my ability. If you want more of the same, I spend my time mostly over at HT, and you can PM me anytime and I'll be sure to answer there as well. We can, as a community, use all the help and suggestions that you have and I hope some of you find your way back to help, even if you decide not to participate.

YEAH. I asked you 3 questions and you completely ignored each and every one of them. Any particular reason?
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:00:38 PM

edit - Was part of your deal to get that new super rare legendary hashlet to come on here and post propaganda?

Are you asking me if I'd come in here and spend a few hours answering the kind of questions you guys are asking and taking the abuse for a 1MH Hashlet? I have to admit, that question made me laugh out loud though.

And yet you still didn't answer it.
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:01:45 PM

edit - Was part of your deal to get that new super rare legendary hashlet to come on here and post propaganda?

Are you asking me if I'd come in here and spend a few hours answering the kind of questions you guys are asking and taking the abuse for a 1MH Hashlet? I have to admit, that question made me laugh out loud though.

He sounds like a politician. 
Honeycutt22

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:03:54 PM

Just outTA Curiousity. Do any of the other cloud companies have this much suspicion or is just GAW?
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:05:19 PM

Just outTA Curiousity. Do any of the other cloud companies have this much suspicion or is just GAW?

To this level, just GAW because they've made promises and changed them. They've said one thing and did another. They made agreements and changed them on the fly. They constantly update their TOS to add new and even more ridiculous things to cover their butts. In short, what you see is not what you get.
Honeycutt22

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:07:32 PM

To this level, just GAW because they've made promises and changed them. They've said one thing and did another. They made agreements and changed them on the fly. They constantly update their TOS to add new and even more ridiculous things to cover their butts. In short, what you see is not what you get.

Interesting. I know LTCG doesnt. I have a lot invested there and haven't had a single issue. A few delays, but they were explained and fixed within a day.

Isn't a TOS voided anyway wen there's constant changes and no notificAtion? Pretty sure there is a legal timeframe to notify about changes.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 07:09:31 PM

He sounds like a politician. 

Ok now I'm confused. Which one of you abused him? I thought this thread was extremely well-behaved like it hasn't done ever. Even bitgeek is nowhere to be found. Did anyone PM rootdude with offensive pictures or something?

Yes, I'm getting my coat. Have a great weekend everyone.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:10:46 PM

I'm still waiting for mine and I sure would love to know why he avoided them and what's taking so long to reply. Maybe he has to get permission from daddy first.
tf315

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:14:59 PM

Please be respectful as per rootdude's rules he established here Grin

It's an honest question. It's more than a coincidence  several forums have had long-time GAW supporters just show up outta the blue. It's just another indicator of manipulation and masking tactics.

edit - Also, I don't treat full grown men like children by being "nice" when they have ulterior motives and suspect background. I would expect the same such treatment if I had suspicious motives for anything I post.

I'm with you there. I'm just mildly amused by rootdude's arrogance with that "no shill" rule that's all. But he's been answering questions, so let's give him that.

Yeah its interesting that he can demand respect with a 'no shill' clause but in the first post can call everyone here 'trolls'. So shill is not respectful but troll is?

And none of us can understand a business model or technology. That shows SOOO much respect that we MUST return it. In the Hashtalk world respect only goes one way - it is demanded but not given back.

LOL
Honeycutt22

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:19:55 PM

Maybe he has to get permission from daddy first.

And with this, I'm done. Some people just can't have nice things, can they?

You've been condescending and arrogant the entire time and you try and take the high road? It doesn't work like that.

This is a perfect example of the mentality of the hard-core GAW fans.
NeonTranceBadger

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

Interesting. I know LTCG doesnt. I have a lot invested there and haven't had a single issue. A few delays, but they were explained and fixed within a day.

Isn't a TOS voided anyway wen there's constant changes and no notificAtion? Pretty sure there is a legal timeframe to notify about changes.

LTCG is great because he keeps it so simple and everything is reliable because of it.  If you go onto ltcgeartalk any post that is someone with a problem has been resolved within a few days time, whereas with GAW it could be 2 weeks before anything is fixed and half the time they just close the ticket without fixing the problem.  
Honeycutt22

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:24:16 PM

LTCG is great because he keeps it so simple and everything is reliable because of it.  If you go onto ltcgeartalk any post that is someone with a problem has been resolved within a few days time, whereas with GAW it could be 2 weeks before anything is fixed and half the time they just close the ticket without fixing the problem.  

Yea, that has happened to me. My guess is they expected some to not reopen and it would get rid of some of the backlog... I believe they did this after they banned help support requests from the public forums.

bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:26:28 PM

So, I'm eight pages into this thread and I'd like to TL;DR for everyone who is going to waste their day reading typical BCT trollishness and baiting:

Naysayers
    Unsupported Speculation
    Internet Lawyers
    Personal Attacks
    Zero Technical Discussion (no specifics)
    Concern Trolls

People who really can't grasp a business model or figure out the technology behind it... interspersed with a few reasonable comments that are actually quite neutral and balanced. Well, it's a typical day in BCT land... I've had my laugh and drama for the day, thanks guys.

Outties!

It's one of the official Mt. GAW shills!

Sure - I'm here for the moment... I needed my Friday entertainment.

Let's start a topic called "Ask the Shill"...

Go ahead, ask away. Clearly, from reading all this stuff around here, you guys have no idea what's going on, and your speculations that I know the answers to are wrong, so I'll be happy to answer what I can.

The rules are, the first time someone posts something personally demeaning to me (disrespectful - like calling me a shill (I'll give you a pass on that)) - the session is over. Let's see how long it takes before this degrades into name calling and personal attacks. If I don't know an answer, I'll say so.

Ready? Let's go...

First off you need to slow down with demanding rules which we must follow on how we can engage you or anyone on this forum. This is not HT and that is one of the main reasons we deplore HT. If you really can't take being called a shill then you might not be very confident. And your exact words were: "Let's start a topic called "Ask the Shill"..." There's a simple phrase you might like to follow: If it doesn't apply, let it fly. Granted you don't want to be attacked here but have some backbone and don't let what a few miscreants here might say as the general consensus. With that said I have a few questions:

1 - It strikes me rather odd that you would have any information whatsoever that anyone and everyone else invested in GAW wouldn't have. You did say you have a lot of skin in the game. Does that mean you are privy to things that those with far less skin in the game are not?

2 – You said this referring to proof of any actual mining: “What I do know is my payouts are correct for the hashrates I maintain there.” What pools are you mining and how much have you been mining them since the announcement of Hashpool? If you are still mining other pools, by what factor has your overall payouts dropped?

3 – I found this that you stated, referring to the Zenpool negotiations, to be rather disturbing: “The negotiations were said to be completed, and it's my opinion that Josh is waiting for a strategic time to restore the payouts for the ZenPool closer to the ICO.” Why, in the world, would he not restore payouts immediately? Do you mean to tell me that negotiations were made and that Josh is mining Zenpool and profiting more while paying out less until he decides to restore payouts?

I missed your post, or ignored it consciously because of this comment "First off you need to slow down with demanding rules which we must follow on how we can engage you or anyone on this forum". I decide my rules of participation here, not you.

• It strikes me rather odd that you would have any information whatsoever that anyone and everyone else invested in GAW wouldn't have. You did say you have a lot of skin in the game. Does that mean you are privy to things that those with far less skin in the game are not?

What strikes you as odd, is actually a function of how the real world works. I've not revealed, as I stated in another answer that you didn't read, anything that isn't available to you to read for yourself as having been asked and answered at some point in time on Hashtalk.

• You said this referring to proof of any actual mining: “What I do know is my payouts are correct for the hashrates I maintain there.” What pools are you mining and how much have you been mining them since the announcement of Hashpool? If you are still mining other pools, by what factor has your overall payouts dropped?

My Genesis Hashlets have been pointed at Guild. If I had the same hashrate at home pointed at Guild, I'd have the same payouts, less the money I'd be paying for their pool fees, power, internet connection and cooling of my rigs. My other Hashlets are gathering HashPoints for the conversion and ICO. I'm not mining other pools right now.

• I found this that you stated, referring to the Zenpool negotiations, to be rather disturbing: “The negotiations were said to be completed, and it's my opinion that Josh is waiting for a strategic time to restore the payouts for the ZenPool closer to the ICO.” Why, in the world, would he not restore payouts immediately? Do you mean to tell me that negotiations were made and that Josh is mining Zenpool and profiting more while paying out less until he decides to restore payouts?

Again, I answered this question in a post already.

[/list]

No one cares about your rules. No one invited you here to place rules upon us. This is NOT your forum nor your cozy little secluded HT. If you can't handle a little name calling then you certainly are spineless.

Wait. How does the real world work and what does that have anything to do whatsoever with that 1st question?

And NO you did not answer my question about Zenpool anywhere in this thread. You may have answered another question about it but you most certainly did not answer mine.
    I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
    November 21, 2014, 07:26:30 PM

Is this a name change on Top 10 Prime Users, getting ready to dump??

10   Top10Finally   3852.00 MH

Its funny when volder started selling primes, a lot of others started selling too then the next day an announcement was made and the price of primes went up (he didn't sell 1 because people panicked and started selling for less)

Honeycutt22

View Profile
    November 21, 2014, 07:28:11 PM

Is this a name change on Top 10 Prime Users, getting ready to dump??

10   Top10Finally   3852.00 MH

Its funny when volder started selling primes, a lot of others started selling too then the next day an announcement was made and the price of primes went up (he didn't sell 1 because people panicked and started selling for less)

Well.. it's common knowledge Volder uses insider knowledge for financial gain. Most likely what he did was induce panic selling to pick up cheap accounts.
    NeonTranceBadger

View Profile
    November 21, 2014, 07:31:01 PM

• You said this referring to proof of any actual mining: “What I do know is my payouts are correct for the hashrates I maintain there.” What pools are you mining and how much have you been mining them since the announcement of Hashpool? If you are still mining other pools, by what factor has your overall payouts dropped?

My Genesis Hashlets have been pointed at Guild. If I had the same hashrate at home pointed at Guild, I'd have the same payouts, less the money I'd be paying for their pool fees, power, internet connection and cooling of my rigs. My other Hashlets are gathering HashPoints for the conversion and ICO. I'm not mining other pools right now.

Just because they are pointed to BTCGuild doesn't mean they are actually mining there.  When the maintenance fees on Waffle hashlets were more than what was getting paid out all the sudden the payout per mh/s went up to make sure the payouts weren't in the negative.  I've seen it on HT where people have asked the pools of the hashlets and the pools said they saw no significant spike in hash rates.  
    bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
    November 21, 2014, 07:35:38 PM

Not only is he a shill, hes a condescending, arrogant, spineless, piece of shit shill. Go back to HT and bow to your GAWD. You earned your new shiny digital do nothing doodad aka. Paycoin Origin Hashlet
    Honeycutt22

View Profile
    November 21, 2014, 07:37:18 PM

Not only is he a shill. Hes a condescending, arrogant, spineless shill. Go back to HT and bow to your GAWD. You earned your new shiny digital do nothing doodad aka. Paycoin Origin Hashlet

Well, if he was tasked in trying to clean up GAWs image he did a horrible job... He portrayed a horrible image of GAW supporters - They should take that hashlet back IMO.

Anyway - Let's move on! Enough excitement for one day!
    bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
    November 21, 2014, 07:39:48 PM

Not only is he a shill. Hes a condescending, arrogant, spineless shill. Go back to HT and bow to your GAWD. You earned your new shiny digital do nothing doodad aka. Paycoin Origin Hashlet

Well, if he was tasked in trying to clean up GAWs image he did a horrible job... He portrayed a horrible image of GAW supporters - They should take that hashlet back IMO.

Anyway - Let's move on! Enough excitement for one day!

Yes, let's move on.
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 2458 »
      Print  

Jump to: