Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376933 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:02:39 AM

Josh declared war when he sued coinfire and called Bitcoin not viable. I'm here to battle to the death.

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:08:34 AM

Josh declared war when he sued coinfire and called Bitcoin not viable. I'm here to battle to the death.

Are you sure he sued Coinfire? I think CF just received a love letter from Mr. Garza's Los Angeles based attorney. Likewise, Mr. Garza calling BTC not viable is such an uneducated and naïve joke, it isn't even worth addressing [at this time Wink].

Scott-
T0urist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:20:49 AM

Are you sure he sued Coinfire? I think CF just received a love letter from Mr. Garza's Los Angeles based attorney. Likewise, Mr. Garza calling BTC not viable is such an uneducated and naïve joke, it isn't even worth addressing [at this time Wink].

Scott-
Bet you 10 paycoin you're wrong. Of course when paycoin doesn't materialize i won't owe you anything anyway.
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:47:32 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 09:06:49 AM by I_IZ_CEO

I still wonder if GAW/Zen... *EVER*... asked for permission from the real pool owners if it was OK to use their names back when all this mess first started to take shape. We all know NiceHash called out GAW/Zen when the first (and most profitable) pool listed on GAW/Zen was removed due to a mysterious "over" payment bug issue that was anything but Mt.GAW's fault (cough....BS), but what about the others? Easy, there likely never was any real pool activity from GAW/Zen - just free use of others' names.

For someone so anal about trademarks, trade-names, copyrights, etc., one must wonder if he/they ever play and/or played by their own rules.

Just reading some transcripts from Mr. Garza talking a few days ago was comical when he mentioned he had already talked with all the exchanges and their owners will force the existing PayCoin owners to change their name or face legal action since GAW/Zen owns that name now and trademarked it (after the fact). Simply unreal...

Grandiose delusions at their finest.  Roll Eyes

Scott-

So did multipool.us

From flound1129 Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

So, the hashlet situation is this:

1. I have no formal relationship with GAW.  They appear to be using our profitability numbers as posted on the main page or possibly via poolpicker.eu.
2. They do not mine on multipool.  They do payouts based on profitability reported by individual pools (which is completely unverified, as far as I know)
3. It is not clear that hashlets are actually mining anywhere, at this time.  There is certainly not enough 'Unknown' hashrate on the LItecoin network to account for the amount of hashrate they say they have.  Also, since they claim 200% profitability (which is mathematically impossible), they would need to have double that hashrate (i.e. each hashlet is actually buying 2MH of mining power, rather than the 1MH that's claimed) which would be about 500GH at this point.

My best guess is that they have hardware on the way to fill these orders, and they are simply paying payments out of cash reserves at this point.  I don't think it's an intentional scam or ponzi, they are far too large and successful of a company to do anything like that on purpose.  That said, if the hardware doesn't show up and they run out of cash, bad things could potentially happen.  

EDIT:

I ran for the hills about 2 weeks before this was posted. Too many red flags started to pop up.

EDIT:
After both pools came out and stated no relationship with gaw, lots of DDOS. If anybody remembers nicehash was a member of the old forum and made a stink about gaw not mining on their site and asked for an address to verify. I also remember multi asking for an address too on one of the forums.

EDIT:
Another person I have much respect has left them too, I wont mention his name but will add his post Smiley

Not sure this deserves to be in the Warning section, but I do advise caution.

I have personally sold all my GAW virtual holdings.  It just feels like a Ponzi to me.  Remember that Ponzi was famous in his day, with international recognition.

My main concern:  GAW controls all aspects of this Hashlet thing.  Everything.  From creation to payout.  AND THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD!   Payment issues abound, they take extra fees out of peoples accounts without notice, can take a month or more to fix problems, if ever.  They change the rules when it suits them (ex:  Convert your hosted Black Widow to Hashlets, your 90 day maintenance free period will be extended to match...  and a month and forum later stating that was never the case, 30 days max on free Hashlet maintenance.  No e-mail, just a post implying it as part of an update.)

Bottom line:  Too much control, no accountability, and a fleet of lemmings to praise their every word.  e.g.  The basis for a Ponzi scheme.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:36:06 AM

I'm selling as we speak....the "lifetime" ownership & payouts got me in...but "the love is gone"  Cry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:36:59 AM

Coinbrief takes the cake for being crap. That article they did today was full of shit...

They should of did a follow up on

http://coinbrief.net/gaw-miners-response-to-knc/
I want to make something clear about our VaultBreakers.
There is NO scenario where I will allow KNC to beat us to market. If, by some miracle, they happen to be ready to ship before us. I will use my data center to spin up all your VaultBreakers until they are ready to be shipped (assuming they are shipped units)
Again, there is no way I will allow them to deliver hashing power before we deliver to our customers. This is my commitment to all VB customers. Please spread the word.
Scrypt Mining is my house, and I will not be beat in my own house
Josh- CEO

but didn't and they still trust him and do another interview with him. This prick has no shame, lying, money stealing **ck sucker. "All of our vaultbreakers", yea Josh? Really?
I wonder what he paid coinbrief..

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:41:39 AM

Coinbrief takes the cake for being crap. That article they did today was full of shit...

They should of did a follow up on

http://coinbrief.net/gaw-miners-response-to-knc/
I want to make something clear about our VaultBreakers.
There is NO scenario where I will allow KNC to beat us to market. If, by some miracle, they happen to be ready to ship before us. I will use my data center to spin up all your VaultBreakers until they are ready to be shipped (assuming they are shipped units)
Again, there is no way I will allow them to deliver hashing power before we deliver to our customers. This is my commitment to all VB customers. Please spread the word.
Scrypt Mining is my house, and I will not be beat in my own house
Josh- CEO

but didn't and they still trust him and do another interview with him. This prick has no shame, lying, money stealing **ck sucker. "All of our vaultbreakers", yea Josh? Really?
I wonder what he paid coinbrief..

any journalist who fails to put a date on their article is not a journalist.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8935

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 01:39:37 PM

It's not really an article, it's a barely edited interview, which is better than most that PR crud we've been reading lately.

http://coinbrief.net/interview-gaw-garza-paycoin/
https://archive.today/q8qXB

Haven't read it all yet, so I can't comment on the contents.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:09:49 PM

Save you the time:

I just read the entire interview and a big load of cow dung would be more appropriate. What a bunch of fantasyland nonsense.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:12:55 PM

I'm selling as we speak....the "lifetime" ownership & payouts got me in...but "the love is gone"  Cry

I hear ya, it sounded interesting at the onset. If there was demand for paycoin, that would be one thing, but it looks like artificial demand right now. I heard that they were working on getting a partnership with Target and some other retailers, but can't find any updates or other information.
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:15:12 PM

I hear ya, it sounded interesting at the onset. If there was demand for paycoin, that would be one thing, but it looks like artificial demand right now. I heard that they were working on getting a partnership with Target and some other retailers, but can't find any updates or other information.

GAW lied about Target, etc. Had to delete as all the companies mentioned denied any relationship and Amazon apparently threatened to sue them. Also in the interview, it is amazing how much Josh, the GAWsome CEO, doesn't now. Doesn't know block reward or anything about POW phase, etc. He doesn't really know anything because it is all made up as they go.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

There goes the dangling carrot again just 11 more days. What happened to today to convert HP to Paycoin. This is just getting to funny and I dont mean funny HA HA either.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:01:29 PM

There goes the dangling carrot again just 11 more days. What happened to today to convert HP to Paycoin. This is just getting to funny and I dont mean funny HA HA either.

Darn. Cannot sell free Hashlet Genesis. Stuck with my 2.5 to 3 cents per day for free. LOL!

vabchgent

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:03:21 PM

Darn. Cannot sell free Hashlet Genesis. Stuck with my 2.5 to 3 cents per day for free. LOL!

Its doing better then the ones that are paid for.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

Yes. Much better than multis at 1 Satoshi a day.

vabchgent

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:09:54 PM

Yes. Much better than multis at 1 Satoshi a day.

I have a couple of Antminers s3+ pointed at westhash. Thinking have not seen these payouts in awhile.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

cryptost

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

I'll keep a few Primes and my Genesis just in case this thing pans out, At the moment though it's risk management for me.
Would really like to see my 170k plus points turn into BTC but I am not counting on it.

I love how half the critics here are saying something similar to the above.  Why not totally divest if you think it's a ponzi?

I have no idea either way, but people here state valid concerns, I have already reached positive ROI so I'll let a little ride with GAW to see how it all pans out, I mainly have Genesis now as they are the only thing mining BTC, If I feel it's going full Ponzi I'll dump them on the market, I could already make profit doing that now as bottom line is 0.51 I bought at 0.45, but they are paying daily at the mo so I'll hold for a bit.

As far as the Primes there could be a price boost on the market, if so I'll dump my last few.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 04:23:49 PM

Save you the time:

https://i.imgur.com/6ZvRKG7.jpg

I just read the entire interview and a big load of cow dung would be more appropriate. What a bunch of fantasyland nonsense.

What an oddly shaped donut...

Now I can't read it even if I wanted to - coinbrief is down.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:34:08 PM

I thought of a better tagline for them (not sure if this has been posted already...)

PayCoin: Other Peoples' Money
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:35:07 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 05:53:24 PM by suchmoon

Fortunatelly Google cache has it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Kl64LtTOUnwJ:coinbrief.net/interview-gaw-garza-paycoin/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It is truly an amazing piece of revisionist history, incomprehensible babbling, and something that I can't even categorize.

Obviously in the case where we use pools that we don’t control, because they are external, we have lower payouts.

What pools? Again this nonsense?

With our platform, we cover that [maintenance] cost for that customer, and up until now we have been awarding that customer with our internal point system

Bullshit. "That customer", i.e. one who gets a satoshi doesn't have an option to mine your coupons. Only Zens and Primes do, not Multi/Waffle/Clever.

There’s a saying: Keep counting on people to take a step back, look at something for what it is, and think about it for 30 seconds, just to see if what is being said even makes sense. How in the world would we possibly allege that we will be working with these companies, if at one point we are going to have to be working with them. How would that even work out? Why would a company…that doesn’t even make any sense. It is going to eventually need to happen. So, if it doesn’t happen, you would be in the same exact place.

Huh (this was supposed to be a part of the explanation regarding the CoinFire C&D - I don't get this at all)

(response to Coinbrief asking to provide the same proof that WSJ blog got) Yeah, obviously that is something that we could look to do, but the Wallstreet Journal is a pretty serious publication.

... and some more backpedaling. Why?

So if the question is, “On the 15th of December are we going to open it up, and anyone who wants…” No. No system launches that way. We have everything in beta right now, and we already have people testing it. Then we will open it up to an invite situation, to our existing customers over the next week or two, and they will have access to all of that. We will just keep expanding, expanding, expanding. We will let them give invites to their friends, and then, eventually, anyone who wants to do it can just go do it. That should be the beginning or middle of January.

This is about PayBase launch schedule. Apparently it's invite-based. Which is probably not what "PayCoin millionaires" expect.

Oh, yeah, we have an entire company building that for us. I wouldn’t be able to speak to those details. That is not my area of expertise. We have a very, very reputable company building this for us. They have their act together, and know what they are doing.

That was in response to a question about PayCoin's block reward and algorithm. I thought the answers should have been "thermodynamic" and "SHA256"?

Then it got to Prime Controllers, I haven't read that part yet. It looks like he's mentioning DarkCoin a few times - I wonder if that's what they are cloning for their XPY.

Edit: here is something that's supposed to explain why there are 50 Prime Controllers:

So, we set the number to what we did because, essentially, I did a calculation and discovered that, in a general sense, our company can put anywhere between $400,000 and $600,000 a day to crypto. Crypto usually increases in theoretical market value by $1.4 – 1.8 million per day. That is where I noticed that we were contributing around 1/3rd or more of the marketcap, so we know that we can sustain a coin. If anything, we believe we may have made the number a little bit too low. There may be a greater demand for it than we have created coins to be able to meet it, so I think that potentially could be an issue, because that obviously would push the price of the coin up, because our coin should grow at roughly around $1,000,000 a day at full strength. As in, when all things are staking at the maximum capability. I know, our company will immediately eat into half of that.

I don't even know what the hell that's supposed to mean. $1.4-1.8m might be the total number of all crypto coins mined per day (BTC alone is about $1.3m I think). Is he saying that GAW mines 1/3 of all coins? Or will mine/stake/whatever once PayCoin is released? He also says that Prime Controllers stake at 10% APY, and coinbrief fails to ask where HashStaker's 400% APY is coming from.

I think after reading all this I'd rather have that donut.
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: