Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁  (Read 361307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:14:12 PM

I can't find genesis-mining.com anywhere....
Seems to be legit, but lacking of transparency, pooldata, hardware and so on  Wink

Right there:

genesis-mining        1+4+7              => 3/7 = Probably legit (risk of fractional reserve mining)

Genesis Mining is most likely legitimate it just never has been a good deal for the buyer. They are not transparent and once you buy a contract you are stuck. I would think by now they are running out of noobs to sell to. No one who takes the time to research would buy hashing they cannot turn around and sell the same day if they like. Stick to Hashnest, Bit-X and BW.com.

Aah thank you, found it  Smiley

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
l3sny

Activity: 859
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:35:43 PM

Kryptologika is not and has never been ponzi. We have stopped mining due to low bitcoin price and rising difficulty.
The shares can be redeemed at current silver price as per the T&C.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍........the internet........❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Social Media.
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:45:13 PM

Please disregard any opinion or information I am posting on this thread. I am the technical and communications officer for a mining contracts platform and doing so would be a conflict of interest.

I just wanted to say you people need to ask Puppet to keep updating his reviews with new information. We have a lot of people joining in the next few months and it would be a shame to have a bad experience in their first Bitcoin endeavor.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:19:39 PM

I just wanted to say you people need to ask Puppet to keep updating his reviews with new information.

The method he outlined in the OP for how to identify likely ponzis is still valid. I always thought the idea was to try to force some basic transparency out of anons with a website who want payment upfront for something that may not exist.
If any new operations come along and don't offer sufficient transparency, then don't invest, simple as that.

Please disregard any opinion or information I am posting on this thread. I am the technical and communications officer for a mining contracts platform and doing so would be a conflict of interest.

Presumably the ones in your signature....how many do you reckon they would score on the /7 criteria list?

Double bonus

lifetime referral

100% uptime guarantee

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:04:50 PM

The method he outlined in the OP for how to identify likely ponzis is still valid. I always thought the idea was to try to force some basic transparency out of anons with a website who want payment upfront for something that may not exist.
If any new operations come along and don't offer sufficient transparency, then don't invest, simple as that.
Yes, but some things change. We have invented the concept of wiki especially for this kind of process where information needs to be corrected to reflect the reality.

Presumably the ones in your signature....how many do you reckon they would score on the /7 criteria list?

Double bonus
lifetime referral
100% uptime guarantee
I don't know, we'll get to 0/7 soon. It's pretty easy to come visit us if you are in Romania, you also have pictures of our facility, we have a few used public mining addresses, our company has invoices from Bitmain, etc. For some people, nothing will ever be enough. For some people, they don't even care and just want to get in first into ponzis to collect those referral bonuses, which reminds me:

- Special promotional deal only in October (customer acquisition is EXPENSIVE, especially at first). It's our method of giving more power for the same money when the Bitcoin price is down, percentages change every month.

- Referrals only get a puny 3%. Might as well make it worth the effort.

- It's a good idea to have extra mining power installed so you can smooth out luck variance, connectivity issues, downtime, maintenance time, etc. Anyway, back to my work, there's lots to be done...
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 02:51:10 PM

I just wanted to say you people need to ask Puppet to keep updating his reviews with new information. We have a lot of people joining in the next few months and it would be a shame to have a bad experience in their first Bitcoin endeavor.

im never heard about starthashing (your signature ) any official thread ?
https://www.starthash.com/about ? anonymity ? I m not see office address ?

any proof about your mining hardware ?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 04:35:22 PM

StartHash rates are higher than Hashnest. Go to the source instead and you will earn more and have the option to sell your hash at any time.

pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:14:14 PM

So what do you say about ROYALHASH.COM and MINUTEBTC.COM both are new... But cant judge whether they are scam or not... Please help me out

tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:30:54 PM

So what do you say about ROYALHASH.COM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

and MINUTEBTC.COM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My sides..... Cheesy

They are both about as legitimate as...words fail me.

No.

tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:43:47 PM

Pure Comedy Gold...........

Initially founded by a group of enterprising Bitcoin aficionados, RH Miners Limited has a staff that includes industry professionals in engineering, advanced computational technology, and cryptocurrency mining techniques. 

Incorporating a blend of advanced computer equipment and a centrally located data center, RH Miners Limited is capable of engaging in effective strategic Bitcoin mining, at a fraction of a conventional price.

Profit from Bitcoin Cloud Mining, It’s fast, lucrative and secure! You can easily start profiting today - all you have to do is open your free account.

Paging Mr. Jeff Taylor!
C'mon Jeff, come and tell us about mining in the Shard........

Roll Eyes

blade19941

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:21:33 PM

Yeah I wish I saw this sooner

I went along with trusting what Bitmakler.net said.

Yeah I invested 0.12btc into cloudmining.website, and I feel like a complete cheated idiot now.
(Considering its the first time I've ever been scammed)

Does anybody know anything about BitKnock???
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:33:23 PM

Yeah I wish I saw this sooner

I went along with trusting what Bitmakler.net said.

Yeah I invested 0.12btc into cloudmining.website, and I feel like a complete cheated idiot now.
(Considering its the first time I've ever been scammed)

Don't ever trust the sites which are being paid by ponzis to advertise their shitty schemes for newbies! Or you'll end up being cheated just like you said above! Except a few (one or two) all other sites mentioned on Bitmakler are sure shot ponzis! It's a sad truth that you'll have to use your brain (caveat emptor) next time you try to dive into a Cloudmining scheme!

Does anybody know anything about BitKnock???

What is your first impression after heading onto that site? Roll Eyes I guess you got my point Wink And, never trust a site by their HTTPS protocol as scammers nowadays can go beyond that until you get trapped by their baits! It's like the tip of an iceberg Cheesy
blade19941

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:27:45 AM

Yeah, I clearly didnt do my research properly before hand. Oh well, we all make mistakes and this is how we learn.

Honestly, my first impression of Bitknock is a good impression.

Pretty much the same impression I got of Genesis-Mining, which I was originally going to invest into until I saw what their fees were.

I am mainly asking about BitKnock because a friend of mine invested $4400 into it. They have payed out and you can also sell your hashing power.

But it could also very well be a Ponzi Scheme. The site seems very professional, support is fast and they actually give an address.

I'm trying MinerFarm now after seeing many good reviews, starting off with a much smaller amount though.
muna

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:05:39 AM

Guys, what is hashocean.com? Scam or legit? Anyone tried them out?

Scam, bit time. Do not even touch.

They still are working and i get ROI from 20GHs that i buy to have 15GHs gratis. It was very fast.
How much time do you give them guys?
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:46:58 AM

Yeah, I clearly didnt do my research properly before hand. Oh well, we all make mistakes and this is how we learn.

Pretty much the same impression I got of Genesis-Mining, which I was originally going to invest into until I saw what their fees were.

I am mainly asking about BitKnock because a friend of mine invested $4400 into it. They have payed out and you can also sell your hashing power.

But it could also very well be a Ponzi Scheme. The site seems very professional, support is fast and they actually give an address.

I'm trying MinerFarm now after seeing many good reviews, starting off with a much smaller amount though.

Re:Bitknock, any business that requires a referral to sign up is a scam.

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:56:35 AM

Re:Bitknock, any business that requires a referral to sign up is a scam.

Well, i miss an Impressum or a contact address. So these guys are anonymous, what tends to be an absolute NOGO for a legit business!!!

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:44:17 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2015, 11:26:57 PM by tmfp

Just now, researching some MMM shit, came across an incubator of cloud mining scams:

Coolhash.com
Bitminr.com
MineProfit.com
SpecialMiner.com

The last one has already been released into the wild, with an absurd 35 day ROI, possible download virus for free trial, made up details etc. etc. etc.

Obviously avoid at all costs, pass it on should anyone show any interest in this crap.

EDIT:
MineProfit.com also confirmed virus

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1221901.0

FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:46:38 PM

Is ZeusHash legit? I believe it's affiliated with the dodgy investment site HalleyBTC.
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:26:32 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 10:55:16 AM by Indianacoin

--- UPDATED LIST ---

Ponzi's that have already collapsed as predicted:

Code:
PBmining.com          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
Lunaminer.com         1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
coinsoncloud.eu       1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
Cryptomine.io         1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
hashie.co             1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
bitcoinlabmining.com  1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
ltcgear               1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = (very) suspicious
hashprofit.com        1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
minethatcloud.com     1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
CoIntellect.com       1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
terabox.me            1+2+3*+4+5+6+7*    => 7*/7 = Ponzi (pictures are not at all convincing, exit strategy involves  60+ days stall tactic)
chabatmining.com      1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
Ecrypto.co.in         1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi (+ confirmed scam, they are no partners of cex.io)
GenerateBTC.com       1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
cloudminr.io          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
grmining.com          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
hashwar.co            1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8    => 7/7 = Ponzi
bitrush.com           1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
scrypt.cc             1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8    => 7/7 = Ponzi
Kryptologika          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
Cryptsy MN            1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi ( + no details on fee structure) (withdrawl problems noticed!)
Coolhash.com          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi (+ possible malware/wallet stealing software)
Bitminr.com           1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi (+ possible malware/wallet stealing software)
MineProfit.com        1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi (+ possible malware/wallet stealing software)
SpecialMiner.com      1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi  (+ possible malware/wallet stealing software)

Likely Ponzi scams that have yet to collapse:
Code:

cloudmining.website   1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
Skycoinlab.com        1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi (+ organized by serial ponzi scammer: ?topic=583177.msg10298730)
btcslice.com          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi (+ pays out in reversible paypal ?)
bitcoinmaker.ch       1+2+3+4+6+7+8      => 7/7 = Ponzi
eobot.com             1+2+3+5+6+7        => 6/7 = Ponzi (+ possible malware/wallet stealing software)
nexusmining.com       1+2*+3+4+5+7       => 6/7 = Ponzi (Guy from Spondoolies says im wrong, but I can't score what I haven't seen and he seems to confirm they have no hardware)
minerslab.com         1+2+3+4+6+7        => 6/7 = Ponzi (+ selling hardware that doesnt exist + using purchased "legendary" account)
bitcoincloudservices  1+2+4+5+6*+7       => 6/7 = Ponzi (+ founded by known scammer  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860400.msg9638868#msg9638868)
cloudmining.sg        1+2+4+6+7          => 5/7 = Ponzi (Founder's LinkedIn account deleted, Uses Weebly's free checkout platform)
hashcoins.com
and hashflare.io     ~1+2+3+4+7          => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (user selectable pool requires fee, dc pictures show no miners, linkedin profile doctored, hardware sales very dubious,..) (*now owned by hashflare.io)
Zeushash              1+2+3+4+5          => 5/7 = (very) suspicious

Rest:
Code:
pow88.com             1+2+5              => 3/7 = Probably legit (preliminary assessment) (Suspicious referral bonus : 1% hourly !!!)
genesis-mining.com    1+2+7              => 3/7 = Probably legit.
Bit-x.com             1+4                => 2/7 = Probably legit (preliminary assessment, partnership confirmed by Bitfury)
haobtc.com            1+2                => 2/7 = Probably Legit (investment based cloudmining company => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1023187.0)
bw.com                                   => 0/7 = Legit
Hashnest                                 => 0/7 = Legit

Obsolete or suspended:
Code:
AMhash                                   => 0/7 = Legit
KNCcloud              7                  => 1/7 = Legit
Cex.io                4                  => 1/7 = Legit
Cryptx PETAmine                          => 0/7 = Legit
Megamine.com          1+4                => 2/7 = Probably legit
GAWminers             1+4+5+~7           => 4/7*= Possibly/partially legit based on criteria set forth. Based on wider context: more suspicious than a nun squatting in a cucumber field

Small tips are much appreciated!
My tip jar: 1SoumyadbsfCGsSekYdgAkWpGZM3WSaxt
Thanks.
FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:32:06 AM

Wait, so genesis mining isn't 100% confirmed legit either?
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: