Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2026, 08:55:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436827 times)
leigh2k14
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000



View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:47:22 PM
 #4121

Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.

Dear coins101,

You might want to wait a little for the new wallet for that.

It is somewhat different from client version 0.8.1.

Regards,
vTorrent

I like the sound of somewhat different, waiting....


●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●





▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
 
Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:22:26 AM
 #4122

Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.

Dear coins101,

You might want to wait a little for the new wallet for that.

It is somewhat different from client version 0.8.1.

Regards,
vTorrent

I was just about to pay someone to re-do the video on setting up the vtorrent.conf (I think e1ghtspace is doing exams)

Should we wait and put a bounty together to re-do all the videos?
alex219
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 628
Merit: 251


View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:27:09 AM
 #4123

Looks like our community is growing...I have 34 connections now!



Remember than we are still at the early days...!

@vtorrent : After days of usage I'm very happy with our wallet after last fork, much more fast now even if I hav more than 55k transaction in my wallet!




can you help me to create a conf file?

what I have to write in conf file to get more nodes?
DogTheHunter
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 272



View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:37:14 AM
 #4124

Looks like our community is growing...I have 34 connections now!



Remember than we are still at the early days...!

@vtorrent : After days of usage I'm very happy with our wallet after last fork, much more fast now even if I hav more than 55k transaction in my wallet!




can you help me to create a conf file?

what I have to write in conf file to get more nodes?

I haven't been on it yet, but I bet there are a bunch of people in Slack that can help

https://vtr11.herokuapp.com

Dev why not add the Slack link into the OP?
MrSunshine
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259


View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:26:07 AM
 #4125

Looks like our community is growing...I have 34 connections now!



Remember than we are still at the early days...!

@vtorrent : After days of usage I'm very happy with our wallet after last fork, much more fast now even if I hav more than 55k transaction in my wallet!




can you help me to create a conf file?

what I have to write in conf file to get more nodes?

Or see this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--GYd-QFuw
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:42:25 PM
 #4126

Can someone link me to how the economics are planned to work (as far as the incentives to reward uploaders and seeders)?

I am worried that it may be similar to STEEM's economic model, which is proving to be unsustainable.

Also, the 5% PoS inflation must be considered by those that are invested in too many coins and do not want to go through the trouble of staking (read: me).

If there is anyway to make this economic model deflationary, then I highly suggest it. It is a no-brainer to invest in a deflationary cryptocurrency that has utility.

vTorrent is an interesting/exciting concept nonetheless.
alex219
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 628
Merit: 251


View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:27:56 PM
 #4127

Looks like our community is growing...I have 34 connections now!



Remember than we are still at the early days...!

@vtorrent : After days of usage I'm very happy with our wallet after last fork, much more fast now even if I hav more than 55k transaction in my wallet!




can you help me to create a conf file?

what I have to write in conf file to get more nodes?

Or see this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--GYd-QFuw

thank you. it is very useful for me
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:34:38 PM
 #4128

Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.
Did you PM me? I haven't received a message from you regarding vTorrent since January 21st. Smiley

...Oh I just checked the slack channel.

I have made this video already: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miGYVskqjyk
Is this what you meant by Key Management?

I have school holidays right now so I can make videos all day. So I am able to make a video for the "new" wallet, or whatever the developer is referring to.

Actually not that type of back-up. Backup and restore using the seed words, the hierarchical deterministic or HD process.

We can raise this issue again when the new client with BitTorrent or whatever were going to see is released.
restless
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001


View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:27:53 PM
 #4129

dumb question (found the thread by accident Smiley )
Is it compatible with "simple" torrents, ege used for general torrent downloads?
Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:10:25 PM
 #4130

No news? Huh
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:21:45 PM
 #4131

Can someone link me to how the economics are planned to work (as far as the incentives to reward uploaders and seeders)?

I am worried that it may be similar to STEEM's economic model, which is proving to be unsustainable.

Also, the 5% PoS inflation must be considered by those that are invested in too many coins and do not want to go through the trouble of staking (read: me).

If there is anyway to make this economic model deflationary, then I highly suggest it. It is a no-brainer to invest in a deflationary cryptocurrency that has utility.

vTorrent is an interesting/exciting concept nonetheless.

I'm going to guess that a small percentage (1-3%) will be lost to transaction errors and abandon wallets leading to an actual lower inflation rate. I feel the maximum total supply of 20MM coins has a greater bearing on the price than does annual inflation rate. Also, if this project actually works, there is already an established network of users who would benefit greatly from the unique features offered by vtorrent. This should create utility and massive demand for VTR. I would expect participation rate to grow much higher than 5%/year. As a final note, making it a deflationary token might stifle its usage, as it is meant to incentivize sharing within the network rather than be a store of value like bitcoin.

Yes, coins like Steem are vulnerable to hyperinflation (+100%) without massive uptake. I'm not convinced it wasn't a scam right from the beginning.
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:59:16 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 09:24:21 PM by coins101
 #4132

...

..
Regards,

vTorrent

@Dev

I just noticed that your post from a while back, Bittorrent is shown working in your screengrab in the background:



Why not just show the rest or a video?

And

That bittorrent-delegate.cpp  is a qt to crypto qt rename Wink
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:25:44 AM
 #4133

Can someone link me to how the economics are planned to work (as far as the incentives to reward uploaders and seeders)?

I am worried that it may be similar to STEEM's economic model, which is proving to be unsustainable.

Also, the 5% PoS inflation must be considered by those that are invested in too many coins and do not want to go through the trouble of staking (read: me).

If there is anyway to make this economic model deflationary, then I highly suggest it. It is a no-brainer to invest in a deflationary cryptocurrency that has utility.

vTorrent is an interesting/exciting concept nonetheless.

I'm going to guess that a small percentage (1-3%) will be lost to transaction errors and abandon wallets leading to an actual lower inflation rate. I feel the maximum total supply of 20MM coins has a greater bearing on the price than does annual inflation rate. Also, if this project actually works, there is already an established network of users who would benefit greatly from the unique features offered by vtorrent. This should create utility and massive demand for VTR. I would expect participation rate to grow much higher than 5%/year. As a final note, making it a deflationary token might stifle its usage, as it is meant to incentivize sharing within the network rather than be a store of value like bitcoin.

Yes, coins like Steem are vulnerable to hyperinflation (+100%) without massive uptake. I'm not convinced it wasn't a scam right from the beginning.

Steem has only ~10% annual inflation (from memory) if your STEEM are powered up, which most are powered up.

3% PoS inflation combined with 1% to 3% uploader/seeder inflation incentive may be too much. It seems I will have to stake this coin if I get involved to lower that to 1% to 3%.

But, your answer is just a guess... it is really weird to me that no one seems to know how the uploader/seeder incentives will work. To be honest, it is  quite worrisome to me as a potential investor.
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:13:17 AM
 #4134

Can someone link me to how the economics are planned to work (as far as the incentives to reward uploaders and seeders)?

I am worried that it may be similar to STEEM's economic model, which is proving to be unsustainable.

Also, the 5% PoS inflation must be considered by those that are invested in too many coins and do not want to go through the trouble of staking (read: me).

If there is anyway to make this economic model deflationary, then I highly suggest it. It is a no-brainer to invest in a deflationary cryptocurrency that has utility.

vTorrent is an interesting/exciting concept nonetheless.

I'm going to guess that a small percentage (1-3%) will be lost to transaction errors and abandon wallets leading to an actual lower inflation rate. I feel the maximum total supply of 20MM coins has a greater bearing on the price than does annual inflation rate. Also, if this project actually works, there is already an established network of users who would benefit greatly from the unique features offered by vtorrent. This should create utility and massive demand for VTR. I would expect participation rate to grow much higher than 5%/year. As a final note, making it a deflationary token might stifle its usage, as it is meant to incentivize sharing within the network rather than be a store of value like bitcoin.

Yes, coins like Steem are vulnerable to hyperinflation (+100%) without massive uptake. I'm not convinced it wasn't a scam right from the beginning.

Steem has only ~10% annual inflation (from memory) if your STEEM are powered up, which most are powered up.

3% PoS inflation combined with 1% to 3% uploader/seeder inflation incentive may be too much. It seems I will have to stake this coin if I get involved to lower that to 1% to 3%.

But, your answer is just a guess... it is really weird to me that no one seems to know how the uploader/seeder incentives will work. To be honest, it is  quite worrisome to me as a potential investor.

I explained how I think it will work several pages back.

You set your own price for bandwidth.

$Zero to $1m



There was a discussion about it at the end of last year when the devs gave everyone an opportunity to have their say.

My main request was to trickle back payments to the original seeder to avoid a race to zero situation.

You also get the benefit of royalty payments going back to content creators, which encourages them to create more.

You see this on eBay where people find open source software, spend time marketing it and pretty quickly they end up selling stuff to other sellers and then everyone competes with each other on price. The originator of the whole thing gets priced out and they hardly ever recover their sweat capital.

So trickle down payments - The seeder of a file does it once and then as others help with seeding a swarm and they get a cut; but the originator is basically getting a cut from everyone, even a diminishing rate when multiplied up becomes a lot.
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:27:14 AM
 #4135

I explained how I think it will work several pages back.

You set your own price for bandwidth.

$Zero to $1m



There was a discussion about it at the end of last year when the devs gave everyone an opportunity to have their say.

My main request was to trickle back payments to the original seeder to avoid a race to zero situation.

You also get the benefit of royalty payments going back to content creators, which encourages them to create more.

You see this on eBay where people find open source software, spend time marketing it and pretty quickly they end up selling stuff to other sellers and then everyone competes with each other on price. The originator of the whole thing gets priced out and they hardly ever recover their sweat capital.

So trickle down payments - The seeder of a file does it once and then as others help with seeding a swarm and they get a cut; but the originator is basically getting a cut from everyone, even a diminishing rate when multiplied up becomes a lot.

That all makes sense to me. That is similar to how curator payments work in Steem. The first person to upvote something gets the lionshare of the curator payment for any certain post. This provides incentive for people to spend time curating, and being the first to upvote valuable content. I guess in vTorrent it would provide incentive for people to seed a torrent that might have otherwise eventually gone unseeded.

I like your idea of making sure content creators get a cut too. In the legacy BitTorrent ecosystem, they do a lot of work for little to no pay, so it would be good to reward them.
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:42:03 AM
 #4136

yo dev,
looks like things are slowly coming together. thanks for all your hard work on the project.

if you need any help with resources/support/documentation or anything at all please feel free to make a post

Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 09:01:00 AM
 #4137

We have an website now!!

http://vtorrent.info



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:47:01 AM
 #4138

I explained how I think it will work several pages back.

You set your own price for bandwidth.

$Zero to $1m

...

There was a discussion about it at the end of last year when the devs gave everyone an opportunity to have their say.

My main request was to trickle back payments to the original seeder to avoid a race to zero situation.

You also get the benefit of royalty payments going back to content creators, which encourages them to create more.

You see this on eBay where people find open source software, spend time marketing it and pretty quickly they end up selling stuff to other sellers and then everyone competes with each other on price. The originator of the whole thing gets priced out and they hardly ever recover their sweat capital.

So trickle down payments - The seeder of a file does it once and then as others help with seeding a swarm and they get a cut; but the originator is basically getting a cut from everyone, even a diminishing rate when multiplied up becomes a lot.

That all makes sense to me. That is similar to how curator payments work in Steem. The first person to upvote something gets the lionshare of the curator payment for any certain post. This provides incentive for people to spend time curating, and being the first to upvote valuable content. I guess in vTorrent it would provide incentive for people to seed a torrent that might have otherwise eventually gone unseeded.

I like your idea of making sure content creators get a cut too. In the legacy BitTorrent ecosystem, they do a lot of work for little to no pay, so it would be good to reward them.

Trust ratings should play a big part in this. It's a feature I'd like to see added to weed out crap. If people are paying for stuff, it's got to be from trusted sources.

I like the whole user rating model, if there are enough users doing the self policing.

Should be some financial incentives from becoming an established trusted rater.  Price should reflect how many trusted ratings you've made and the overall quality of all ratings.
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:48:52 PM
 #4139

Definitely, a way of rating content creators and each individual torrent needs to be implemented.

I think it is very important to reduce or negate inflation needed for the incentives too.

Transaction fees should be earmarked for these incentives.

A demurrage fee should also be considered. At the very least, a demurrage fee on dormant accounts should be imposed and earmarked for incentives.

Any other ideas for additional funding?
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:47:07 PM
 #4140



3% PoS inflation combined with 1% to 3% uploader/seeder inflation incentive may be too much. It seems I will have to stake this coin if I get involved to lower that to 1% to 3%.

But, your answer is just a guess... it is really weird to me that no one seems to know how the uploader/seeder incentives will work. To be honest, it is  quite worrisome to me as a potential investor.

It is my understanding that uploader/seeder incentive is provided by leechers. Could be wrong though.
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 263 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!