Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:51:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436044 times)
slugmandrew

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Everything's a bubble, idiot

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:20:26 PM

Very friendly community here but most action happens on slack now.

Come join us if you haven't already Smiley

DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:11:35 PM

Very friendly community here but most action happens on slack now.

Come join us if you haven't already Smiley

https://vtr11.herokuapp.com/

Roll Eyes
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:11:28 PM

@devs

Riot could run on Master Nodes (as pointed out in Slack).

PIVX has a PoS master node set-up.

Please show a pic or video of torrent features, then people will probably be ok with having master nodes added.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:03:19 AM

@devs

Please show a pic or video of torrent features, then people will probably be ok with having master nodes added.

PIVX, no useful features: $80m

vTorrent, master nodes, torrents, Riot, 2FA security, 250m monthly Bittorrent user base: $1bn
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:39:07 PM

@devs

So, what advantage would there be having master nodes on the network? We already have anonymity via ring signatures and built-in chat.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:12:25 PM

@devs

So, what advantage would there be having master nodes on the network? We already have anonymity via ring signatures and built-in chat.

When you use the current chat feature available now, it only keeps your chats for a small period of time i believe. That's because when you chat you broadcast the message to the network but only those who have the public private key pair can open and read a message.

Those messages don't get stored in the blockchain. They go to a local folder on everyones machine. So that's why you don't want to keep all messages. Our local folder would fill up.

If Riot is introduced as an iFrame, the Matrix network stores the chat histories on their servers.

However, if you create Riot to run exclusively​ on the vTorrent network where do you store all those running conversations?  Your local folder already needs space for the vTorrent client, the chat logs and also room for torrent files.

So if you run Masternodes, they are servers that run on the network. Which means they can both run the Riot network and also store all the running chats.

Someone somewhere needs to be running Riot and storing all the information it generates.
nolispui

Activity: 215

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:37:23 PM

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

dev you really are the worst dev in all of crypto.

Annoying as fuck the way you blank everyone. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Do you suffer from some sort of mental disorder?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

boestie

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:10:00 PM

what in the fck? stop bullying the dev, let him do his thing
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:01:54 PM

From history, do you honestly believe that insulting and cursing the dev is going to elicit any response? Do you think that bullying will speed up wallet development? Are you so impatient that you can't wait for it to be properly developed and released? Do you need the dev to constantly remind you that everything will be okay? Failing at that, are you really that married to this coin that you can't walk away? Do you suffer from some sort of mental disorder?
ALCTEC

Activity: 152

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:20:33 PM

From history, do you honestly believe that insulting and cursing the dev is going to elicit any response? Do you think that bullying will speed up wallet development? Are you so impatient that you can't wait for it to be properly developed and released? Do you need the dev to constantly remind you that everything will be okay? Failing at that, are you really that married to this coin that you can't walk away? Do you suffer from some sort of mental disorder?

Agreed - No need to antagonize.

@Dev we need to know if vtorrent.info is legit - is it related to this project or not? I think if you can confirm this, then everyone will be much more understanding of your lack of communication on anything non tech related.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:31:07 PM

@Dev we need to know if vtorrent.info is legit - is it related to this project or not? I think if you can confirm this, then everyone will be much more understanding of your lack of communication on anything non tech related.

I don't get the need to know everything. If there is a new website, so who cares who created it? Do you like it? Does it provide some help with getting listed on polo? It wasn't that long ago that people wanted a website, now we've got one.

Reading slack, I think that Leigh2k14 is pissed at PIVX, sounds like he had 300,000 PIVX coins and sold up for pennies, compared to selling up with life changing sums. So I can understand his frustrations, considering he has also been around here from pretty much the start.
ALCTEC

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:42:17 PM

I don't get the need to know everything. If there is a new website, so who cares who created it? Do you like it? Does it provide some help with getting listed on polo? It wasn't that long ago that people wanted a website, now we've got one.

Reading slack, I think that Leigh2k14 is pissed at PIVX, sounds like he had 300,000 PIVX coins and sold up for pennies, compared to selling up with life changing sums. So I can understand his frustrations, considering he has also been around here from pretty much the start.

Well it makes a crap ton of difference who's behind it as it refers to Transmission and there is also a PRESS button, which was kind of referenced by @AgentSoft as he mentioned Coindesk. It's either officially related to this project (which is great!) or a mega troll website (which is less than ideal). IMO kind of important.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:55:57 PM

Well it makes a crap ton of difference who's behind it as it refers to Transmission and there is also a PRESS button, which was kind of referenced by @AgentSoft as he mentioned Coindesk. It's either officially related to this project (which is great!) or a mega troll website (which is less than ideal). IMO kind of important.

Well we'll soon find out if the devs are running Transmission or not. I think they are.

There are only a few options for a standard open source bittorrent build, most of them involve libtorrents which are open source libraries and transmission uses them.  Transmission also has the benefit of recently adding support for Windows, so if the dev's bittorrent description in the OP is correct - they are running a bittorrent 'manager' - then Transmission is the obvious open source choice if they have any savvy about them, which they obviously do.

Is Bitcoin.com run by Satoshi? Does it really make that much of a difference?
ALCTEC

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:40:58 AM

Well we'll soon find out if the devs are running Transmission or not. I think they are.

There are only a few options for a standard open source bittorrent build, most of them involve libtorrents which are open source libraries and transmission uses them.  Transmission also has the benefit of recently adding support for Windows, so if the dev's bittorrent description in the OP is correct - they are running a bittorrent 'manager' - then Transmission is the obvious open source choice if they have any savvy about them, which they obviously do.

Is Bitcoin.com run by Satoshi? Does it really make that much of a difference?

"Is Bitcoin.com run by Satoshi?" I don't think I ever implied the creator of the coin had to also be the website admin to grant it credibility? I don't believe there is any ambiguity around Bitcoin.com in regards to how it's related to bitcoin - just click on the About Us.

Seems like you know what you're talking about from a technical standpoint in regards to Transmission, some of us have no idea (me included). If the aim is to keep people guessing, then it's absolutely their right, I'm just saying it's completely unconventional and potentially misleading.
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:13:51 AM

Dear all,

Our developer team have absolutely no relationship with "vtorrent.info"

However, we are happy to work with the owner of that website to have them publish the accurate and up-to-date information of our project progress.

Regards,
vTorrent
digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:29:53 AM

Thanks for the update on the project dev, the riot implementation and the torrent features! Much appreciated
ALCTEC

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:33:36 AM

Dear all,

However, we are happy to work with the owner of that website to have them publish the accurate and up-to-date information of our project progress.

Regards,
vTorrent

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated!

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 04:19:08 AM

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent
Thank you for sharing this information.

Could you also disclose whether you have any relationship with @AgentSoft on twitter?
https://www.twitter.com/agentsoft
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:15:24 AM

There is clearly no relationship. This guy is full of shit, he was lying since the beginning to pump this coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: