Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:47:01 AM

litecoin is good choice if you are good trader,
Litecoin price very unstable than bitcoin, you can get 5-10 % /trade

but litecoin trade is higher risk than bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:47:15 AM

I actually think litecoin has potential to reach at better prices. But bitcoin will probably stay around for longer.
It is mother crypto as someone already mentioned.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:55:16 PM

If there is no new development for Litecoin in the next few years, then it would probably die as it is similar to Bitcoin and technically it does not provide any advantage at all, except for faster confirmation times. I think they should make Litecoin a PoS crypto currency to make it better (perhaps?) Just my opinion.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:47:32 PM

I think they should make Litecoin a PoS crypto currency to make it better (perhaps?) Just my opinion.  Smiley
Oh boy. There was a time, when you would have been hung, drawn, and quartered for mentioning such a thing.  Smiley

josephdd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:36:37 AM

I choose bitcoin of course, of all terms, bitcoin is more superior than litecoin..
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:57:46 PM

Bitcoin has more popularity over Litecoin and there is currently a greater amount of merchants who accept bitcoin in comparison to Litecoin
Ace of Wands

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:14:19 PM

I am mad at Litecoin tricksters and won't play anymore. I traded in them for nearly two years and every time I believed in them they took my bitcoins. EVERY time. I often got more Litecoins, accumulated them pretty good, and by the time they hit under $2 again (think about that, that's a terrible price for them to fall back to, Litecoins are NOT an investment) I bought a bunch, sold because scared, they started an inexplicable climb and I bought back in far fewer but still with (after terrible trading losses and some gains in both coins over the year) more than double the litecoins than I could buy last year the first time they killed me.

So, less bitcoins, less USD in a falling market from all this trading and even when I made a couple of spectacular moves that won me more bitcoins than I had ever had in Jan 2015 (fool trader who can't guess the bottom, I lost every bit of that win looking for a further bottom that never came).

But MORE litecoins. Litecoin could still make me a winner! And it was BEFORE the July pump! I'm set, right? WRONG. When litecoins went up to over $9 in July 2015 I would have been set, had I KNOWN TO DUMP. That's right, I thought just maybe litecoins were actually worth $9 because halving day was coming, the block size debate was on in Bitcoin, and litecoins had been this price before. Surely this time they could hold that price.

And this is NOT how to think of litecoins. NEVER believe in this coin as a hold, it is a dump if you got 'em.

SO, the big dump comes before I can think to get rid of my litecoins, suddenly I am still doing okay but I've missed the "big opportunity" that only came to those smart enough to dump millions of litecoins.

I held them, even after the dump, as they went down and down, and then fell flat in the next bitcoin pump to 500.

I recently dumped them. Because I bought at under $2, I was still ahead for 2015. BUT my one (everyone's one)  big opportunity for 2015 was LOST. And that is that. You had to know, Litecoin would not do the same trick twice, and litecoins is a dumpcoin, no matter what you want it to be.

Yeah, litecoin will probably last forever, because there will always be new noobs. BUT, if you are waiting for the big MOOON pump like 2013, you are a fool. Litecoin will almost certainly pull a different trick and you will not win unless you are an insider.

Yeah, it can fall back to .004 bitcoins and look like a GREAT BUY before the next MOOOOON. But Litecoin tricksters are not into giving away the bitcoins they got from the previous crops of noobs. If I were a stakeholder taking bitcoins, I would have a different trick ready. Just saying.

Hey, they got me to finally hate them. So they can safely crash them super low again and I won't buy. Probably means they got me again as the next pump really might happen.

Fuck that. I learned a few things over the last two years as a noob in a bear market. I got bitcoins stolen from Mt Gox, and I bought far more back than were stolen, because the price crashed so far for so long. Good.

I learned what a strong hand and a weak hand are.

A strong hand is buy and hold the thing you believe in. A weak hand is sell if you are just trying to win something else than the thing you bought, and you think the thing you bought might go down.

I made the mistake of trying to be a strong hand in Litecoin. But Litecoin is a DUMP coin. NO ONE should be a strong hand in it, unless they hold so many litecoins (cough *like some do* cough) that they can never sell them all at any price. That gives you a strong hand to hold while they go down 98% in value over two years and you slowly sell a bunch off to noobs who can never hope to keep the value they thought they bought.

I do not doubt that there is a new batch of high stakeholders in Litecoin, who, as long as they can keep people saying there is some merit to Litecoin, they can keep selling the litecoins and making the only real coin, which in the long run will be Bitcoin.

But a MOOON pump? If it happens, you better be quicker than all the other burned die-hards to DUMP. You just saw maybe the last MOOON, in July 2015. And maybe, like me, you were too busy admiring it to DUMP in time.
Ace of Wands

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:32:52 PM

Be a strong hand. Hold the coin you believe is best in the long run. Never sell it (unless you have a reason to spend it), just buy more when they are low. DON'T trust in a "trading" coin. It's designed to take from you, not give to you. And even if you do win, you will trigger the tax man to be very interested in you after you sold at the top.

Buy and hold bitcoins, don't sell unless you are spending, and the tax man (mostly) leaves you alone.

Oh, also, why bitcoin is better than litecoin: It actually does the MOST work by far for the cheapest price. And it aims to always do so. It's the most decentralized (though it needs to be far more decentralized) and has a mining industry that is alive and well.

Strong hands buy and hold bitcoins, and let Litecoins trick someone else. Strong hands don't mind when bitcoin falls in price, they just buy more. They do mind when litecoin takes their bitcoins, because they know that litecoins are really only for getting more bitcoins. But that can't work for everyone, can it?
Ace of Wands

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:42:28 PM

Charlie Lee says Litecoin is not a "pump and dump". But Charlie Lee is a stone cold liar. He pumped Litecoins in the last MOOON (in July 2015) by retweeting "It's time, gentlemen."

And Litecoin went crazy, and was dumped, and is now lower (in bitcoin terms) than it was before that pump.

Look at the last two years. Litecoin IS a pump and dump. How do you know the next stop for Litecoin isn't .004, or .001, or .0001?

You don't. And how do you know the next MOOOON is coming?

You don't.

But if it does, get ready to DUMP.
Ace of Wands

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:48:48 AM

Can the same things be said of Bitcoin? Yes, but with some important distinctions for those of us who like Satoshi's original idea.

It can be, and has been, pumped and dumped, and Charlie Lee is again implicated in at least one of those, the Coinbase Exchange pump and dump. Without a doubt the best advice for most of us regular people, is DO NOT TRADE. Buy 'em if you want 'em long term. That is called being a strong hand. Take delivery and keep them.

If you didn't trade, then in five years you will still have most of your bitcoins that you have now. And have yet to pay any tax at all on them, as they are not taxable until you spend OR TRADE them.

In five years, I believe your bitcoins will be worth a lot. Your litecoins will be still trying to ride Bitcoin's coat tails, or be dead. Here's to pushing it off that cliff, the sooner the better.
Ace of Wands

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:05:13 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 05:46:56 AM by Ace of Wands

Ha, I rechecked Charlie Lee's retweet of BTCDrak's tweet, "Gentlemen, it's time."

https://twitter.com/btcdrak/status/619217838256091140

That was at the HEIGHT of the pump, around noon my time, and I went to bed that night thinking I was doing great in Litecoin, as I had bought below .007 and it was over .032 that day. Pretty dumb and gullible of me, I know. To believe Litecoins were worth over $9 . . .

Sometime shortly after 1am pacific that night it crashed. Hard. Wee hours of the USA morning.

Charlie Lee is a pump and dumper. Let him pretend he is not. But this is only one example. The Coinbase Exchange Bitcoin pump and dump is another I won't describe. But Charlie Lee is of course the Coinbase "Chief Engineer".

Now that I am done trading forever, I did my books and to my surprise, my total trading record is only slightly below break-even, for all original purchases and trades of both Bitcoin and Litecoin. Close to 1 % losses. The particular incident here was a gain for me, but only after I stupidly held on to .01 ltc/btc. None of this counts my original first coins, stolen on Mt Gox. RIP.

For trading, I'm near break-even in Bitcoin, the best and in my opinion only coin, and I'm down 32 % in USD for the two years, which would be the case had I not traded at all.

I was a noob at trading, but learned a lot. Biggest thing I learned was it could have been far better, and it could have been far worse, but in general I played fairly carefully against a rigged house, and had small losses and a hell of a ride.

And Litecoins aint worth shit, and never will be. Bitcoins all the way, HODL all the way.

Have a great holiday season, everyone. Happy Bitcoin HODLing.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:52:06 AM

I don't know but i don't like litecoin, i know that it is popular but not much as bitcoin itself, i used last few years to mine it as it is Scrypt but i stopped mining scypt and sha256 completely.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:55:49 AM

maybe litecoin will be a commodity while Bitcoin becomes a currency Cheesy
Scream

Activity: 476

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:06:59 AM

maybe litecoin will be a commodity while Bitcoin becomes a currency Cheesy

this is like bitcoin is gold and litecoin is silver
but in my opinion, in future litecoin will be change with other new cryptocurrency (now at marketcap XMR is number 2)
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:21:20 AM

Charlie Lee says Litecoin is not a "pump and dump". But Charlie Lee is a stone cold liar. He pumped Litecoins in the last MOOON (in July 2015) by retweeting "It's time, gentlemen."

And Litecoin went crazy, and was dumped, and is now lower (in bitcoin terms) than it was before that pump.

Look at the last two years. Litecoin IS a pump and dump. How do you know the next stop for Litecoin isn't .004, or .001, or .0001?

You don't.

During that pump I saw Charlie Lee come into btc-e trollbox and announce he was buying.  He then proceeded to buy $50,000 worth of litecoin.  I wish I remembered what the price was at that time (I'm guessing around $4 or $5).  It was interesting to watch.  Anyway, no idea if he dumped later.
Ace of Wands

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:07:56 AM

You don't.

During that pump I saw Charlie Lee come into btc-e trollbox and announce he was buying.  He then proceeded to buy $50,000 worth of litecoin.  I wish I remembered what the price was at that time (I'm guessing around $4 or $5).  It was interesting to watch.  Anyway, no idea if he dumped later.

Yeah, so he announced a buy of maybe 10 thousand coins on btc-e and at least 3 million coins were dumped there in the first two days of the dump. But the dump is still ongoing . . .
FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:23:16 AM

If Charlie Lee is the only man supporting this project then there is no point....

1. He hasn't got infinite funds
2. He isn't all that rich
3. He himself cannot possibly create more demand for litecoins

So overall I think litecoin's on the brink of death even though its founder is trying to desperately save it.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:38:52 AM

Bitcoin is more widely known, so it has a better success rate.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 09:42:52 AM

You don't.

of course that was Charlie lol !  Cheesy

(hint: he was not)

Ace of Wands

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 11:35:08 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 12:27:14 PM by Ace of Wands

You don't.

During that pump I saw Charlie Lee come into btc-e trollbox and announce he was buying.  He then proceeded to buy $50,000 worth of litecoin.  I wish I remembered what the price was at that time (I'm guessing around $4 or $5).  It was interesting to watch.  Anyway, no idea if he dumped later.

of course that was Charlie lol !  Cheesy

(hint: he was not)

I seriously always thought coblee on btc-e was Charlie. You are telling us that is not? Coblee on btc-e most definitely claimed to move 200 BTC to the exchange and buy LTC with it. Note "coblee" did this  when Litecoin was over $5. And on dump day it fell below $5 and has not recovered to this day.

http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/150705802

Here is "coblee" claiming he had no idea the moon graphic for Coinbase Exchange would be a pump.

http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/148067520

This sounds like the real Charlie Lee to me, and I've never heard any doubt hold up on btc-e that coblee is Charlie. But if he's not, please set us straight. That guy should be busted big time for claiming to be Charlie:

http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/71262020

Also, I think @SatoshiLite is Charlie on Twitter. Those two accounts are independently associated with the July pump. The timing can only be described as devastatingly perfect. This is not a claim that anyone did the pump and dump single handedly. Just that those two accounts were most definitely involved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: