Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
midmir

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:15:25 PM

I'd pick bitcoin over litecoin anyday

There's more demand for bitcoin than litecoin

I believe bitcoin will keep continue to grow even when it has it lows, it wil lalways bounce back up

Yes bitcoin is always better then any other crypto currency as bitcoin is developing and getting popular day by day and bitcoin is taking care of all our needs then why to experiment with some other crypto which we are not that familiar to, it is better that we stay with bitcoins as bitcoins has more advantages as compared to litecoins and the future of bitcoins is far better then litecoins, Litecoins might just disappear in the coming years, but will stay strong and longer.

On what scenario you think Litecoin can "just disappear". What must happen to lead ALL current miners away?
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:19:05 PM

Litecoin and Bitcoin are very alike, although their features vary greatly from their mining algorithm and network hashrate. While Bitcoin is the pioneer of the block chain technology and the king of crypto (or the mother of crypto currencies), it is not bad to have a variety of alt coins to choose from (like Litecoin) as this makes it easier to profit by taking advantage of other coins mining hashrate and price for trading and getting Bitcoin's faster than directly mining BTC. With Litecoin, I could get 1 Bitcoin faster, than directly mining BTC because Litecoin has lower difficulty and network hashrate. Just my opinion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Wink

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:25:21 PM

Litecoin and Bitcoin are very alike, although their features vary greatly from their mining algorithm and network hashrate. While Bitcoin is the pioneer of the block chain technology and the king of crypto (or the mother of crypto currencies), it is not bad to have a variety of alt coins to choose from (like Litecoin) as this makes it easier to profit by taking advantage of other coins mining hashrate and price for trading and getting Bitcoin's faster than directly mining BTC. With Litecoin, I could get 1 Bitcoin faster, than directly mining BTC because Litecoin has lower difficulty and network hashrate. Just my opinion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Wink
Taking advantage of some other coins hashrate is what most likely killed most of sha-256 coins. Since a lot of people mine what is the most profitable, they bump up some other coins difficulty to abnormal levels. And when difficulty raises people switch to some other cryto leaving this sad coin with a high difficulty. A lot of coin re-target difficulty after each block, but you still have to find the block with high difficulty.

As for btc vs ltc
Now you can't really have one without the other. As they say litecoin is silver to bitcoins gold.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
anthonycamp

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:29:48 PM

having 10 LTC does not pay the month and 10BTC it does and after this its all the reasons afirmed above by several but speed of blocks and security its good into btc and the market its not just 10 fools
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:34:48 PM

As for btc vs ltc
Now you can't really have one without the other.

What a curious assertion. Can you explain to me why you can't have bitcoin without litecoin? Because I believe that your assertion is bullshit.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
midmir

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:36:31 PM

As for btc vs ltc
Now you can't really have one without the other. As they say litecoin is silver to bitcoins gold.

Which one will be the copper then? : p
Abiky
Legendary

Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:33:55 PM

As for btc vs ltc

I think that if they call Bitcoin as Gold, and Litecoin as Silver then the copper would be Dogecoin in this case as it is much cheaper than Bitcoin and Litecoin itself. Do you think that Dogecoin might be looked as the "copper" of crypto?  Roll Eyes

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
midmir

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:28:34 PM

As for btc vs ltc

I think that if they call Bitcoin as Gold, and Litecoin as Silver then the copper would be Dogecoin in this case as it is much cheaper than Bitcoin and Litecoin itself. Do you think that Dogecoin might be looked as the "copper" of crypto?  Roll Eyes

Yeah, Dogecoin is my copper assumption since its launch : ) Before that I thought it will be Feathercoin so who knows.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:56:49 AM

liteccoin is second investment after bitcoin for me
josephdd

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:18:25 AM

of course bitcoin will win, bitcoin have more comumunity than ltc  Shocked
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:04:03 AM

Bitcoin better course, if there is no bitcoin, litecoin there will never be, Bitcoin is the parent of all altcoin

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Mac Gates15

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:29:35 AM

Litecoin & Bitcoin both are cryptocurrency and open source code. but Bitcoin still has a strong community compare from Litecoin.
Amph
Legendary

Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:56:48 AM

As for btc vs ltc

monero? or doge, but i don't like doge, with its inflazionary system

monero result as a better candidate
midmir

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:29:01 AM

As for btc vs ltc

Dogecoin have small and fixed (so fully predictable) inflation of 1% so is not that bad.

There are economics professors who swear that inflation is mandatory in healthy economy. I am not economist myself but never believed them just have the internal feeling that they lie to his students (as they have been lied) in order to keep the current order.

Have no info about Monero so can't comment about.

I think the "copper coin" will be the one used for the morning coffee while the "silver coin" will be used for bigger purchases and the "gold coin" for big projects in the worlds economy.

The time will tell.
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:34:15 AM

Litecoin & Bitcoin both are cryptocurrency and open source code. but Bitcoin still has a strong community compare from Litecoin.

you know bitcoin is a major coin, and litecoin is just an alternate. nothing can compare between both coin.
bitcoin are too big to compare with litecoin.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:35:51 AM

As for btc vs ltc

Why not Ethereum? I know that this is a platform, but if they can deliver what they are talking about, you will be able to use Ethers as tokens for a simple payments. Doge is a copycat! Monero I never did like much!
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:44:56 AM

It appears that Litecoin's days are all but numbered.  At least bitcoin still has a strong community and development/utility.  I would not touch LTC with a 10 foot pole right now.

Litecoin is pretty much obsolete, I don't see any places that accept Litecoin, neither online or in store. Bitcoin is much more established and well built, you can tell as a lot more people use Bitcoin compared to Litecoin. Also, a lot of places accept Bitcoin.....well compared to Litecoin.
CoinHopper

Activity: 280

Two heads are better than one.

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:58:24 AM

Litecoin can act as a sort of a TestCoin, but we already have a dedicated coin for that now. This is one of the reasons litecoin has dropped in value so much. There really isn't a use for it right now. Bitcoin is all there needs to be. That's like saying to America, "Hey, we have a dollar, but why don't we use another currency alongside the dollar? Like the pound?" It's just not right.

Bitcoin on the other hand, is the original and the most widely known. It has a thriving community and yes, even though it has a volatile price, a $1200 to $200 price drop is nothing compared to a $2 to $1 drop.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:16:32 PM

As for btc vs ltc

Why not Ethereum? I know that this is a platform, but if they can deliver what they are talking about, you will be able to use Ethers as tokens for a simple payments. Doge is a copycat! Monero I never did like much!

actually yeah. ethereum has a pretty good support for an altcoin even though it's new. I think ether has potential especially with that Microsoft support huehuehhe
HostSurf

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:23:48 PM

Bitcoin is is more established than Litecoin.

Bitcoin is more accepted than Litecoin in online stores
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: