Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:23:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 01:39:52 PM

Dank's idea of risk and the normal business definition of risk do not match. I wonder what would constitute "high risk" to Dank?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 01:44:21 PM

Dank's idea of risk and the normal business definition of risk do not match. I wonder what would constitute "high risk" to Dank?

Make up a random bitcoin address, looking at the first letters of each sentence/number in a news paper, until you have a bitcoind address.

Send all bank funds here.

Hope it's eventually sent back to one of his addresses by someone else applying the same patented algorithm, with >3%weekly interested compounded. 

But this isnt even what it looks like he's doing, he just waits for more deposits/loans to pay withdrawals.

Dank dox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zff9hVH3ptY

dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 02:28:19 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2012, 02:45:27 PM by dank

Transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/17418838/8816ee4a921249c7a5f7197e2c64d5ce4194e41bc1cb47441c12c8d9af209bdd

(I'm not a dank shill)

Grinder, you are right. We have no way of knowing whether dank (or anyone else) is running a scam. I don't know either way.

But I, for one, am satisfied in my dealings with dank today. Always, use caution whenever sending your bitcoins to anyone.

What worries me, is that the coin for you payout came from the top-up deposit of 75BTC below.

Deposit/donation, same thing when it's being put to good use.  How about refundable donation?

Wait what?  Donation implies the person shouldn't expect a return.  

How about investment?  Both the principal and interest are an obligation not something nice which may or may not happen.
Yes, I know, it was a slight slip of words.

75 additional BTC deposited with Dank Bank.

see https://blockchain.info/address/1CYsWicNjn2t4d7dT11vKvQbMvRt6oNou2 (dank bank deposit address I assume)

Not quite sure if this is worrying, or not, or do I understand the "greyness" that defines a Ponzi; but I would question how you'd repay DeathAndTaxes 75BTC if he requested it prior to any deposits.

I'd be lying if I said I never paid a loan off with another loan ...

This is very reassuring to hear

I don't get it, would you rather I lie so you feel more confident in me?  You could at least quote the whole statement, also.

My definition of risk is that if I have your money, I'm going to do whatever I can to get it back to you, no matter what.  If you don't trust me when I say that, you probably aren't investing in me anyways.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 03:16:22 PM

My definition of risk is that if I have your money, I'm going to do whatever I can to get it back to you, no matter what.  If you don't trust me when I say that, you probably aren't investing in me anyways.

But the risk is not that you will want to pay back, the risk is that you will be unable to pay back. Even if you really, really want to pay back, if you don't have the money you just can't. And that is why this is high risk, money does not appear because you wish it to.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 03:56:39 PM

But the risk is not that you will want to pay back, the risk is that you will be unable to pay back. Even if you really, really want to pay back, if you don't have the money you just can't. And that is why this is high risk, money does not appear because you wish it to.
Except that's not going to happen, I don't know what else to say.  I've came along this far from nothing and there's no way I'm just going to roll over and loose what I've built.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:09:06 PM

money does not appear because you wish it to.

I don't understand? Isn't money just like rock star fame and land deeds? If you will it, it will come.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 05:37:10 PM

money does not appear because you wish it to.

I don't understand? Isn't money just like rock star fame and land deeds? If you will it, it will come.

Ah but the evil critics cause a dark force backlash that has been known to scupper even the most positively thinking pira^H^H^Herson.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:54:40 PM

Can't scupper belief though.

All of you accusing me of being a poor investment have nothing to back up your conjecture other than fear and paranoia.  While I, on the other hand, have continuously followed through with every transaction over the last year, demonstrating time over time reliability and honesty.

bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:01:59 PM

All of you accusing me of being a poor investment have nothing to back up your conjecture other than fear and paranoia.  While I, on the other hand, have continuously followed through with every transaction over the last year, demonstrating time over time reliability and honesty.

Just because you have paid back in the past does not guarantee you will pay back in the future. It is downright dishonest to call this low risk.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:29:13 PM

All of you accusing me of being a poor investment have nothing to back up your conjecture other than fear and paranoia.  While I, on the other hand, have continuously followed through with every transaction over the last year, demonstrating time over time reliability and honesty.

Just because you have paid back in the past does not guarantee you will pay back in the future. It is downright dishonest to call this low risk.
You're proving my point.  Nothing can guarantee anything in the future.  You can have things like insurance to make you feel better about the future, but they can't guarantee anything.

You can have a person that gives you any/everything you ask for to make you comfortable, and they can always chose to be dishonest and run with the money.  The best way to minimize that from happening would be to invest in an honest person, which I am.  If you don't believe that, you have issues with trust.

AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:29:45 PM

A ponzi always pays back until it collapses.  

I think by using others deposits to pay outstanding withdrawals, and taking out loans to pay off owed money is not long-term sustainable.

I think this is far from "low risk". Calling it low risk, is scammy.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:31:23 PM

Why do I have to repeat myself to the same people?  Dank Bank is not a ponzi, it does not function as one.  I spend each deposit on investments.

bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:13:45 PM

All of you accusing me of being a poor investment have nothing to back up your conjecture other than fear and paranoia.  While I, on the other hand, have continuously followed through with every transaction over the last year, demonstrating time over time reliability and honesty.

You're proving my point.  Nothing can guarantee anything in the future.  You can have things like insurance to make you feel better about the future, but they can't guarantee anything.

You can have a person that gives you any/everything you ask for to make you comfortable, and they can always chose to be dishonest and run with the money.  The best way to minimize that from happening would be to invest in an honest person, which I am.  If you don't believe that, you have issues with trust.

Yes, having insurance would lower the risk to investors. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Since you have no honesty in evaluating the riskyness of your investment, calling yourself honest as a reason to invest in you is just plain wrong.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:36:28 PM

Yes, having insurance would lower the risk to investors. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Since you have no honesty in evaluating the riskyness of your investment, calling yourself honest as a reason to invest in you is just plain wrong.
Give me an example of a type of insurance that guarantees the depositee won't be a scum bag scammer or default somehow.

These are funds for my life, why would I be dishonest?  I'm not going to go broke somehow, I'm not even near that position anymore.

And why are you consistently attacking me with your fallacious presumption that I'm a scammer, with not a shred of evidence?

bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:40:24 PM

Give me an example of a type of insurance that guarantees the depositee won't be a scum bag scammer or default somehow.

These are funds for my life, why would I be dishonest?  I'm not going to go broke somehow, I'm not even near that position anymore.

And why are you consistently attacking me with your fallacious presumption that I'm a scammer, with not a shred of evidence?

I see you do not know how bank insurance works. Try looking up FDIC or NCUA depoite insurance on wikipedia.

I am not attacking you or calling you a scammer, I am just saying it is dishonest to advertise your bank as  "low risk" when it is not, in fact, low risk.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:55:22 PM

I see you do not know how bank insurance works. Try looking up FDIC or NCUA depoite insurance on wikipedia.

I am not attacking you or calling you a scammer, I am just saying it is dishonest to advertise your bank as  "low risk" when it is not, in fact, low risk.
Why don't you tell me how it works?  How does it guarantee they won't steal it?

bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:44:05 PM

It does not gurantee they will not lose or steal the money, but it does allow the investor to get money back if that does happen, so the risk is lower. Really, for somebody who is running a "bank", you should know more about stuff like that.

That is all I have to say, I am leaving this conversation now.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:53:09 PM

It does not gurantee they will not lose or steal the money, but it does allow the investor to get money back if that does happen, so the risk is lower. Really, for somebody who is running a "bank", you should know more about stuff like that.

Wait a second, doesn't that mean you also have to trust the insurance company?  Now two parties have the opportunity to fuck you over.

bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 10:14:30 PM

Wait a second, doesn't that mean you also have to trust the insurance company?  Now two parties have the opportunity to fuck you over.

Ok, one last comment.

Go take a probability and statistics class.

If the probability of A is x and the probability of B is y, and A and B are independent, then the probability of A AND B is x * y, which is smaller than x. So having a second party behind the first decreases the risk to the investor.

Now I am done.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 10:17:15 PM

It's all irrelevant if the first party isn't a scammer.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: