Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:28:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196155 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:18:39 PM

.....and still just 0.05 BTC.

https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH
So what did we bet?  If I was right you had to post "HunterGatherer, you were right about this and I'm sorry for being so negative and cynical and I will try to stop posting FUD in the future."  Is that right? Smiley

(We never bet obviously.)  Perhaps the sale numbers are
real.  Lot of bag holders.

The adoption projections are dubious, and
there are no technical innovations presented.

I'm sticking to my story:  There are many suspicious thing and red flags
with this coin and will likely be a poor investment.  I hope I'm wrong
for the sake of the people that did invest.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:20:59 PM

.....and still just 0.05 BTC.

So what did we bet?  If I was right you had to post "HunterGatherer, you were right about this and I'm sorry for being so negative and cynical and I will try to stop posting FUD in the future."  Is that right? Smiley

(We never bet obviously.)  Perhaps the sale numbers are
real.  Lot of bag holders.

The adoption projections are dubious, and
there are no technical innovations presented.

I'm sticking to my story:  There are many suspicious thing and red flags
with this coin and will likely be a poor investment.  I hope I'm wrong
for the sake of the people that did invest.

No one asked for investment in real thinking, but if they went there, the mere fact they did will serve its own purpose

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:25:16 PM

You know people are so blind. The btc address should have 3200 btc in it by now.

A friend of mine bought a few before I could stop him. On the final screen after purchase it says:

At the end of each day of the presale, all proceeds will be transferred to the following publicly visible multisig address: 3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH, where they will be held until launch.

I guess to save on transaction fees they're doing one big transfer each day to the public address.

I'm not a fan of this coin or launch at all still though

Seems they are transferring right now - more than 10 BTC at the moment.... still counting.

Translated: They found some stupid people to buy their story.

Are you calling me stupid?

The alternative would be ... greedy?

To that way of thinking I can't agree, for how could an idea be greedy if its only out to expose more thinking

Well, you wanted to stop your friend of buying this coin but yet you still believe their story about this coin? I don't get it.

I hold out warnings when its necessary, but maybe you didnt get it

Scrub that: how about put it like suggestions, if you can wrap your mind around that concept

No, I can't, for I am not - as every other person on planet earth - as brilliant as you are.
starblocks

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:26:42 PM

You know people are so blind. The btc address should have 3200 btc in it by now.

A friend of mine bought a few before I could stop him. On the final screen after purchase it says:

At the end of each day of the presale, all proceeds will be transferred to the following publicly visible multisig address: 3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH, where they will be held until launch.

I guess to save on transaction fees they're doing one big transfer each day to the public address.

I'm not a fan of this coin or launch at all still though

Seems they are transferring right now - more than 10 BTC at the moment.... still counting.

Translated: They found some stupid people to buy their story.

Are you calling me stupid?

The alternative would be ... greedy?

To that way of thinking I can't agree, for how could an idea be greedy if its only out to expose more thinking

Well, you wanted to stop your friend of buying this coin but yet you still believe their story about this coin? I don't get it.

I hold out warnings when its necessary, but maybe you didnt get it

Scrub that: how about put it like suggestions, if you can wrap your mind around that concept

No, I can't, for I am not - as every other person on planet earth - as brilliant as you are.

Good answer. I rest my case with hope so to speak

euggio

Activity: 433
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:27:47 PM

Investing in crypto is risky. However, we can manage the risk, like not buying more we can't afford to lose... We are all grown-ups here, so we all did our own due diligence one way or another. Neucoin might work as well as it might not. Telling others what to do with their own money, spreading fear, crying out scam and calling ppl stupid at that are not smart. The smartest way to act is let others use their free will. 
starblocks

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:29:46 PM

Investing in crypto is risky. However, we can manage the risk, like not buying more we can't afford to lose... We are all grown-ups here, so we all did our own due diligence one way or another. Neucoin might work as well as it might not. Telling others what to do with their own money, spreading fear, crying out scam and calling ppl stupid at that are not smart. The smartest way to act is let others use their free will. 

You make a very good point

HunterGatherer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:33:26 PM

Well said Euggio.  We could all stand to have a bit more of a "live and let live" attitude about this stuff, myself included.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:36:28 PM

Well, doing due diligence?

If people did their proper dd, they stumbled upon several court cases. If they looked at the background of these cases, they have seen that there were a lot of similarities to the Neucoin-case.

But fact is: Not everybody has the possibility to do this dd. That's the reason why a lot of people end up irl as victims of fraudsters. So they may invest based on their believe. And some of them may risk more than they can afford in the future.

By putting all the responsibility on their shoulders basically equals to say that a fraudster is innocent.

fdylstyx

Activity: 158

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:31:33 PM

No. Transactions    655    
Total Received    2,739.43108354 BTC    
Final Balance    2,739.38108354 BTC

11 pages so far, my understanding is there were over 3000 individual transactions and everyone had a separate address to pay to. I haven't read it all but I expect it's all there. I don't know how to tell if it's all on the public ledger and can't be bothered to search for my own. I archived the address I used at blockchain.info but don't know how to retrieve it.

They did drop the maximum down as they said they would but a quick scroll did show some 30 - 50 BTC buys.

I've heard that some were able to use multiple email addresses to register separate account to get around the maximum limit but that's just the way of the world. I expect the large buyers have risked 100's of BTC on the risk to reward ratio for a P&D on this alt. Again, the way of the world. There's always a work around.

I expect they won't have all of the transactions showing until sometime tomorrow.

Either way, BTC started all of this alt coin stuff by allowing open source and having such things able to be built on the back of the blockchain. I'm guessing Satoshi foresaw this sort of thing.

Just like I'm guessing I may gain or I may lose my money with BTC and or any other alt. Putting it all on Black once a month certainly would be less time consuming. imo

fdyl 
euggio

Activity: 433

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:47:22 PM

No. Transactions    655    

11 pages so far, my understanding is there were over 3000 individual transactions and everyone had a separate address to pay to. I haven't read it all but I expect it's all there. I don't know how to tell if it's all on the public ledger and can't be bothered to search for my own. I archived the address I used at blockchain.info but don't know how to retrieve it.

They did drop the maximum down as they said they would but a quick scroll did show some 30 - 50 BTC buys.

I've heard that some were able to use multiple email addresses to register separate account to get around the maximum limit but that's just the way of the world. I expect the large buyers have risked 100's of BTC on the risk to reward ratio for a P&D on this alt. Again, the way of the world. There's always a work around.

I expect they won't have all of the transactions showing until sometime tomorrow.

Either way, BTC started all of this alt coin stuff by allowing open source and having such things able to be built on the back of the blockchain. I'm guessing Satoshi foresaw this sort of thing.

Just like I'm guessing I may gain or I may lose my money with BTC and or any other alt. Putting it all on Black once a month certainly would be less time consuming. imo

fdyl 

Browse your history. I haven't cleaned my PC and I was able to retrieve the blockchain link with the address on it.
HYPster

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:20:15 AM

OK, even if everything is legit, there are 3 billion to start so do your own math. It is a losing buy before you even get your coins.
fdylstyx

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:50:05 AM

No. Transactions    655    

fdyl 

Browse your history. I haven't cleaned my PC and I was able to retrieve the blockchain link with the address on it.

Thanks, I could do that but I trust it's there. ;-)

OK, even if everything is legit, there are 3 billion to start so do your own math. It is a losing buy before you even get your coins.

Heavy sigh. Buying BTC at most times in the last year was a losing buy even with possession of the coins. Unless you're extremely estute at arbitrage. :-p
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:58:27 AM

Where can I buy this neucoin? And when does the ico sell out?

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
fdylstyx

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:06:56 AM

Where can I buy this neucoin? And when does the ico sell out?

http://www.neucoin.org/en/presale 85+% sold already just have you BTC ready, an email addy and don't refresh that tab until you see the first of 6 confirmations. You can also follow you confirmations with the search function at https://blockchain.info/

I don't need to get a piece of your action by referring you just yet but if you're happy a year from now look me up and send me a tip. ;-)
toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:37:07 AM

The weird part of all of this, is that if you filled out their free survey, you were promised to get 2,500 coins

But if you bought $25 worth of BTC (0.1 BTC, minimum buy) during the sale, you'd also get around 2,500 coins

Which really means..

There is a lot of free survey people that are going to dump their 2,500 "free" coins once they get them, because.. they were free.

Which means all the people that bought some Neucoin at 0.1 BTC are going to lose here.

After all the scams, all the failed ICO's, pre-mines, fake coins, pump and dumps, the Auroracoins..

People still rush to invest their money into something that isn't proven. It's a crypto sickness.

If they had these big names involved, why didn't they produce something before having their sale?  Why take Bitcoin now, and promise to send Neucoin later?

This whole ICO stinks, but the weird thing is that no one can smell it?

It's 100% risk for the investor, and 0% risk for the people involved.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
fdylstyx

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:33:02 AM

Well it's reported that there's some whales doing what whales do. "There were about 650 purchases. The top 20 purchases accounted for about 50% of all Necoins sold. So we can assume that 20 our fewer individuals bought half the coins. Average transaction size was about 4.2 BTC skewed massively by some large purchases."

More money than brains or more brains equals more money?
Sentinelrv

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:38:18 AM

Sunny King (The creator of Peercoin and proof-of-stake) has looked at their whitepaper. He told us in a meeting that their paper is about 80% accurate. Also, whatever revolutionary changes they have supposedly made to the security model, Sunny has decided to work on a protocol update that should be out sometime soon...

https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4074.msg38888#msg38888

So the only real difference that Neucoin will have is it's distribution model. Here is our community's response to them trying to give us coins, just for the record...

https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4075.msg38897#msg38897
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:23:52 AM

Hi I lost some coins to something called Glide.. I want help  getting it back.. is neucoin going to help?

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
raulrichart

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:23:27 AM

i dont understand, pretty marketing, but why give to the people of Neucoin a lot of 4.000 bitcoins.

on the presale price for 25.000 Neucoin is 1 BTC when presale sell 100.000.000 Neucoin , than is 4.000 btc cash and a lot of  +- 900.000 Dolars.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:31:41 AM

Sunny King (The creator of Peercoin and proof-of-stake) has looked at their whitepaper. He told us in a meeting that their paper is about 80% accurate. Also, whatever revolutionary changes they have supposedly made to the security model, Sunny has decided to work on a protocol update that should be out sometime soon...

https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4074.msg38888#msg38888

So the only real difference that Neucoin will have is it's distribution model. Here is our community's response to them trying to give us coins, just for the record...

https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4075.msg38897#msg38897

My favorite quote: Distribution is a non-trivial problem in PoS. Any new PoS forks have to compete against Peercoin's three year of distribution of the coin with PoW and trading. A tall order - and Neucoin's strategy of a huge pre-mine and then giving coins away free does not strike me as an elegant solution to that problem.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: