Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♦♦♦♦♦♦[ANN]♦♦MTR♦♦MasterTraderCoin♦♦10.4m♦♦TOSHIDESK LLC♦♦ETNA Partnership♦♦♦♦♦♦  (Read 229727 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:43:33 PM

all the stuff on nodes...

Nodes are important but not a breakthrough accomplishment. At one point I setup about 10 MTR nodes on Ubuntu over several VPSes and it takes about 5 minutes to setup one node. With identical setups you can use the same compiled binary on all and just create an up to date bootstrap.dat that you replicate over all nodes to import.

Anyways, when the spat started between MT and 8bit I just killed them and switched to another coin as they were just sitting there eating up BTC while the project changed focus to bicker with 8bit.
mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:31:17 PM

Nodes are important but not a breakthrough accomplishment. At one point I setup about 10 MTR nodes on Ubuntu over several VPSes and it takes about 5 minutes to setup one node. With identical setups you can use the same compiled binary on all and just create an up to date bootstrap.dat that you replicate over all nodes to import.

Anyways, when the spat started between MT and 8bit I just killed them and switched to another coin as they were just sitting there eating up BTC while the project changed focus to bicker with 8bit.

Hey Jc2345,

Nodes are important, and I'm here to make sure MTR has a stable and secure network.

Never said nodes were a breakthrough accomplishment, I was just updating you all on the status of development within that area of things currently taking place.

I do feel the level 2 API that DcGirl is currently working on is going to be a breakthrough accomplishment, as I've yet to see another dev replicate one...let alone do it in a 1-2 week time frame.  

ToshiDesk as a whole...in my opinion is a breakthrough accomplishment in crypto...don't think its fair to sell me short there.

I'm sorry you feel my focus has changed to bickering with the only fudder in the thread, but I assure you that's not the case.

You should know by now I will always be here to stick up for my project as it's one I truly believe in.

If you would be so kind to set those nodes back up, I would be happy to chuck some MTR back in them to get them staking...as it sounds like you may have sold off your stash and let the fud get to you.

The project has never changed focus Jc12345, and I was trying to keep you involved but you seemed to fall off.

Nothing I can do but ask you to come back and join us.

I would like to ask for your input on a new MTR investment opportunity that will allow you to double your MTR in 90 days.

Invest 1000 MTR for 3 months, and on that 91st day you will receive 2000 MTR back to the wallet address you provide me with.

All the investments would be public record - not the name or handle of investor - but wallet address of the invested MTR will be publicly documented, and accountability on my side will be further tested.

As people receive their ROI and doubled MTR as advertised..I'm inclined to believe this would continue to build trust within the MTR/ToshiDesk project and me as the body behind it.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 08:02:28 PM

Shocked are you crazy?

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:03:01 PM

Slowly but surely, this thing is coming down to it's natural, logical, fair valuation: low hundreds sat.
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:58:03 PM

The investment opportunity is very unique and seems like quite an interesting idea, but with the massive volatility that we have been seeing I'm not sure if you would end up in the profit or loss, today there was a 42% loss on Cryptsy, thats literally huge for one day, if the price were more stable I would be inclined to invest, also maybe some less expensive options for people who just want to try it out.  Maybe $10 or $20. 
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 11:12:26 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2015, 11:42:13 PM by chrysophylax

hi jc ...

did you get your account back? ... or is this 'still' the 'hacked' account? ...

because the one that i spoke to prior - couldnt help me with the compile of the original mtr code ...

so if it was that 'easy' - why didnt you help to do this in the first place? ...

i have been working on other projects ( mostly on the redevelopment of granite ) with a great deal of personal issue i needed to get through before i came back to working on all the list of projects ive left - and to find ive been approached on several other projects ...

a 'breakthrough' was something that was NEVER considered nodes to be ... but if it was so easy for you to do in the first place - what was the problem helping right at the beginning? ...

i could have used it mate ...

the whole point of the nodes being active is so no one needs to add multiple steps in between compiling and running ... except for the .conf change ( for now until the official nodes are hardcoded ) - it only takes someone to compile the code - change the .conf - and run ... thats it ... an hour or so later - they have a full running node / wallet - that stakes your funds 24 / 7 if you deposit any mtr into it ...

its about making it 'simpler' for the average user to stabilize and solidify the network - WITHOUT having their OWN systems running 24 / 7 ... and if they do - then great ...

the code itself was missing a few things - and those holes have now been filled ... small holes admittedly - but they were there - which made for a headache to get the wallet / daemon compiled ... now its a lot more simple to compile ...

simple = goal achieved ...

anyway - it nice to know that you have pulled the nodes offline ( as i do agree that they do cost ) - but this means that this backend 'permanent' addition to the network was needed AND was for the betterment of the network ... these nodes wont come off line for the life of mtr AND granite ... there will be another 4 nodes going online this coming week ... which means that no matter who you are - veteran or new to mtr - there will NOT be a 'bittrex' moment with syncing issues ... not with wallets OR nodes ...

tanx jc ...

#crysx

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 12:03:48 AM

the whole point of the nodes being active is so no one needs to add multiple steps in between compiling and running ... except for the .conf change ( for now until the official nodes are hardcoded ) - it only takes someone to compile the code - change the .conf - and run ... thats it ... an hour or so later - they have a full running node / wallet - that stakes your funds 24 / 7 if you deposit any mtr into it ...

You have to be... really silly to ask Linux users to use your (static or not, whatever) binary, instead of
- git clone xxx
- cd xxy/src
- make -f makefile.unix
- ./xxy

This is how we do it.

inyereye

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:38:35 AM

Just a heads up that coinwallet.co seems to be having cert issues and may not be trustworthy at the moment.  I suspect they will resolve it shortly but would avoid entering passwords into the login for the time being. https is down and nothing on their twitter yet.

Most likely nothing too big to worry about but I know many stake MTR there so figured I'd share.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:09:01 AM

hi jc ...

because the one that i spoke to prior - couldnt help me with the compile of the original mtr code ...

My account was not hacked lol. I use Ubuntu and not Cent. The compile with the code as is works well on Ubuntu and hence the quick turnaround time on getting an Ubuntu node up. You seemed determined on Cent (which is fine) where the compile bombs out at some point and Cent is not my thing and I dont have an appetite to look into that. Rather ask a master programmer to dig in the code and fix it to work on Cent. I dont know why you wanted to use Cent if you can just use Ubuntu on a VPS. I figured it is because you wanted to expand the landscape of Linux flavors on which the compile works. The compile of the code as is also works fine on Raspberry Pi.

I was one of the biggest supporters of MTR from the beginning because I felt that the goals what the project wanted to achieve is something that is needed on the scene. I still feel the same way about the project goals, but I sort of lost interest when certain people entered the thread and I perceived that to have become the focus point of the project and the project seemed to be derailed. You cannot blame me for that. I still watch the thread, what is posted and what is delivered and if I perceive the project to be back on track Ill get involved again. It all depends on management actions. The goal is good but execution can be improved.

Anyways, Iv uploaded a dynamic binary that I compiled in June that you can try. If you create an Ubuntu 14.10x64 VPS, do an update and upgrade and install dependencies then run the binary and it should work. You can just apt-cache search for the deps that it is looking for and install until it works if it does not work for your installed deps. I have not tested it recently to see if any OS upgrades causes it to fail and you know how compiled Linux binaries go from system to system and they sometimes fail.

Link to binary (rename to MasterTraderd to feel familiar although it is not really necessary).
Link to Virustotal
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 07:34:35 AM

hi jc ...

My account was not hacked lol. I use Ubuntu and not Cent. The compile with the code as is works well on Ubuntu and hence the quick turnaround time on getting an Ubuntu node up. You seemed determined on Cent (which is fine) where the compile bombs out at some point and Cent is not my thing and I dont have an appetite to look into that. Rather ask a master programmer to dig in the code and fix it to work on Cent. I dont know why you wanted to use Cent if you can just use Ubuntu on a VPS. I figured it is because you wanted to expand the landscape of Linux flavors on which the compile works. The compile of the code as is also works fine on Raspberry Pi.

I was one of the biggest supporters of MTR from the beginning because I felt that the goals what the project wanted to achieve is something that is needed on the scene. I still feel the same way about the project goals, but I sort of lost interest when certain people entered the thread and I perceived that to have become the focus point of the project and the project seemed to be derailed. You cannot blame me for that. I still watch the thread, what is posted and what is delivered and if I perceive the project to be back on track Ill get involved again. It all depends on management actions. The goal is good but execution can be improved.

Anyways, Iv uploaded a dynamic binary that I compiled in June that you can try. If you create an Ubuntu 14.10x64 VPS, do an update and upgrade and install dependencies then run the binary and it should work. You can just apt-cache search for the deps that it is looking for and install until it works if it does not work for your installed deps. I have not tested it recently to see if any OS upgrades causes it to fail and you know how compiled Linux binaries go from system to system and they sometimes fail.

Link to binary (rename to MasterTraderd to feel familiar although it is not really necessary).
Link to Virustotal

kool ...

i think there was another account that had a similar name as yours that had his account hacked - and ended up opening another 'newbie' account and let everyone know his account was hacked ... i honestly thought it was you - so my apologies ... im not at the office at the moment - so i cant even research any of this ...

you have been around longer than i have with mtr and all that has been happening - im a latecomer ... even so - im actually quite interested in the way rich does things and the way he approaches it all ... its the same way i do also ... if i believe in something - i go for it ... wholeheartedly and fully ... thats why i like the way things have been moving with mtr - and working with rich is working with a person that has passion in what he does ... again - the same way i work ... no matter how much 'fud' ( i dislike that word ) is thrown around ...

crypto in my opinion needs it ... too many people shafting people - and 'devs' shafting communities with false promises and 'roadmaps' made of pretenses and dreams that never exist ... mtr and granite are nothing like that ... no promises made - just actions taken and steps of achievement produced ... no matter how small and no matter how long it takes ... it just gets done ...

as for the centos servers - two reasons mate ...

firstly - they are the easiest vps and servers systems to access for me ...
secondly - im a redhat guy - nuff sed Wink ...

the main issue with redhat enterprise linux systems ( rhel - like centos and scientific linux and fedora for example ) is that redhat legal red tape stopped the ecc curves being implemented into the rehel distributions for the opensourced openssl - that most distributions like ubuntu ( debian based systems ) implemented as a standard ... which meant they 'crippled' the standard implementation of openssl by omitting the ecc ( eliptical cryptography curve - for those that are interested in googling - specifically the secp256k curve ) that bitcoin and almost all the derivative alt coins require in order to compile and run properly ...

so being a rhel based 'guy' - and knowing that a HUGE amount of vps users are centos centric as well as ubuntu centric - i wanted it run on a system i KNOW ( centos ) rather than a system im not too familiar with ( ubuntu ) ...

hence the work started ... not only for the compile - but for the operating system also ... and let me tell you - its been - and still is - an adventure ...

which is one of the reasons why a static compile was born - eventually Smiley ... so that a compile could be made - without dynamic libraries ( unlike the ones you are supplying in your links specifically for ubuntu ) which would work on MOST rhel based ( and in some instances debian based - like ubuntu ) operating systems ... this required a few fixes in the code - and a some help from others in the industry - to get a statically compiled mastertraderd ( yes i changed the name from MasterTraderd ) wallet / daemon to be used in as nodes ...

i had a very similar issue with granite when compiling the granited daemon ( at the time called GraniteCoind - before the namechange and the logo and other components ) ... this is when i enlisted the help of a couple of veterans alongside some of the changes i made to the code of GraniteCoin - to create the current granited daemon ...

but when mastertrader had the 'issues' with the whole bittrex slowdown of the blockchain to the level of a complete meltdown - thats when i thought ( and discussed with rich ) that something like this can never happen again to a coin that is being as progressive as mtr can be with rich at the helm ...

changes were made to the script for granite - a few segments were redone by the original author of the script ( rg ) and compilation - then adapted to mastertrader - and viola! ... the work is now complete for the daemon - that is a static compile for use with a few systems - not just one specific one ...

i have done this not for anything else but that rich and the team working on mastertrader itself have proven themselves time and time again to be hardworking and honest people - at least in my eyes anyway ... so now the nodes that are up - will stay up for the life of both the coins - mtr and grn ...

ill download your compile and have a test with it in an ubuntu system ( mainly to enhance own experience with ubuntu ) - so i really appreciate the links you have provided ... i cant do anything until monday when im back in the office anyway ...

the more nodes that are up and running - the more stable the network and the less risk of another bittrex issue happening ... so why not setup your node AND stake with it for all your coins ... doing two things at once ... i decided to test it alongside and on the same server ( but different profiles ) that i had granited on ... they worked ... and did not interfere with one another in anyway - as well as not using a huge amount of hdd space either ... so the mtr-seed dns was added to the granite domains so that people could easily add the node addresses ( rather than try and remember ip addresses ) .. this method has the added bonus of being able to redirect the dns to different servers they point to if the need arose - without interrupting the network by any huge amount ...

the next 4 nodes that will be permanently assigned WILL be four of the granite backup nodes - making mtr 7 nodes in all ... not a breakthrough by any measure - but a solid start to the stability of the network ...

rich was happy with all this - and so its come into play ...

the true work really comes from the design and implementation of toshidesk ... now THAT is a project i would like to have been skilled enough to help code Wink ...

anyway - now that i have written a novel - you know the reason ( and the steps that occurred ) as to why i stuck with centos 7 x64 - and didnt just go right ahead with ubuntu ... this also means we now have covered the two sides of the linux os street ... rhel based AND debian based linux ... Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 07:48:08 AM

You have to be... really silly to ask Linux users to use your (static or not, whatever) binary, instead of
- git clone xxx
- cd xxy/src
- make -f makefile.unix
- ./xxy

This is how we do it.

this does NOT work in rhel based systems and rhela based vps systems and rhel based servers - for the reasons explained above 8bit ..

the code itself is missing a few steps - such as zerocoin folder and an executable in the leveldb folder ...

for the average user - those steps just simply dont work ... dont believe me? ... setup a free tier server on aws ( amazon web services ) using rhel ( or even ubuntu ) and try ... it just wont work ...

place that ontop of the issues with the OS itself in a rhel based system - and the average user would have no idea where to begin compiling ... especially when they are 'stuck' with error after error after error ...

some vps systems are 'basic' servers which have basic plans ... this means they are not only hdd space limited ( a simple 20GB space would suffice though ) - but also RAM limited ... most only have 2GB of RAM ... not enough to compile mtr or a number of other coins ... this results in a myriad of errors ( let alone g++ errors ) ... how are the average users supposed to know this? ...

people like you who know what they are doing - granted - it is a lot easier to build ... but even YOU would have issues on a centos 7 x64 system ...

and that was the goal for me - not ubuntu ...

anyway - its done and its successful ... and now a permanent fixture ...

im actually quite interested to know what 8bit is all about ... will be reading up on the coin this week ...

#crysx

bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:07:43 AM

well i have two vps one with 1024 ram and other with 512 and it is not possible to compile it  Embarrassed

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:24:31 AM

well i have two vps one with 1024 ram and other with 512 and it is not possible to compile it  Embarrassed

You need 2GB memory to compile. Create an identical temp VPS with 2GB memory and compile. SSH the file off the 2GB VPS to your local PC or even directly to your other VPSes. Then kill the 2GB VPS and run the binary on your other VPSes. Your 1024GB VPS should run 5 nodes comfortably and your 512MB one about 3. If you have Ubuntu 14.10x64 then use the binary I posted and just add the dependencies.
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 09:49:42 AM

this does NOT work in rhel based systems and rhela based vps systems and rhel based servers - for the reasons explained above 8bit ..
Bullshit.

the code itself is missing a few steps - such as zerocoin folder and an executable in the leveldb folder ...
Geez, chmod +x leveldb/build...
mkdir obj
?
Geez...
Are you here since yesterday?

for the average user - those steps just simply dont work ... dont believe me? ... setup a free tier server on aws ( amazon web services ) using rhel ( or even ubuntu ) and try ... it just wont work ...
Linux rule #1 - do not run untrusted binaries. You are not trusted binary provider and nooone sober will use your binary. Compilation is easy. If it is not easy for someone, there are hundreds of tutorials of classic coin compilation. MTR has no single new feature other than hundreds other coins. Don't give a ***, please.

some vps systems are 'basic' servers which have basic plans ... this means they are not only hdd space limited ( a simple 20GB space would suffice though ) - but also RAM limited ... most only have 2GB of RAM ... not enough to compile mtr or a number of other coins ... this results in a myriad of errors ( let alone g++ errors ) ... how are the average users supposed to know this? ...
512 MB is enough to compile MTR daemon. Even 128 MB with enough, however it will take ages and will require enabling swap (if possible, Digitalocean allows it) or tweaking ggc-min-expand and ggc-min-heapsize gcc options (you don't know them, do you?).

im actually quite interested to know what 8bit is all about ... will be reading up on the coin this week ...
I have already explained why putting more nodes will not make this network more secure against 51%, I am also pissed off of "dev" (not you) making of those nodes kinda project. This is so extremely unbelieveble... Me and I guess few other people have MTR deamons running of VPSes for many months and you guys show a complicated process of compiling it... RIDICULOUS.

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 11:30:26 AM

Just to clarify chrysophylax, it's nothing personal. I am really pissed off of absolutely stupid "dev" ideas like doubling number of coins... (what basicly means halving coin value) and concurrent "technology" development reduced to compiling old wallet... what means no development what sets our next stop to hundreds of satoshi... You do your job well, keep doing it, just let's separate low-level issues like compilation from real "bussiness related" development. Unfortunately, after this separation we see nothing, zero at real development side.

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:58:27 PM

Just to clarify chrysophylax, it's nothing personal. I am really pissed off of absolutely stupid "dev" ideas like doubling number of coins... (what basicly means halving coin value) and concurrent "technology" development reduced to compiling old wallet... what means no development what sets our next stop to hundreds of satoshi... You do your job well, keep doing it, just let's separate low-level issues like compilation from real "bussiness related" development. Unfortunately, after this separation we see nothing, zero at real development side.

I can't believe how much time you are spending on writing your opinion in this thread. Try to let it go and continue your life...
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 03:21:25 PM

I can't believe how much time you are spending on writing your opinion in this thread. Try to let it go and continue your life...

Written text is a fact, nothing to believe in here. All my life is this thread. Looking forward to hear from you.

mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:02:52 PM

well i have two vps one with 1024 ram and other with 512 and it is not possible to compile it  Embarrassed

You need 2GB memory to compile. Create an identical temp VPS with 2GB memory and compile. SSH the file off the 2GB VPS to your local PC or even directly to your other VPSes. Then kill the 2GB VPS and run the binary on your other VPSes. Your 1024GB VPS should run 5 nodes comfortably and your 512MB one about 3. If you have Ubuntu 14.10x64 then use the binary I posted and just add the dependencies.

Bhokor,

Get it running, and I will fill it with some MTR!

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:03:52 PM

I laugh more and more everyday.

Just let him fud, its really a non issue.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:10:24 PM

The investment opportunity is very unique and seems like quite an interesting idea, but with the massive volatility that we have been seeing I'm not sure if you would end up in the profit or loss, today there was a 42% loss on Cryptsy, thats literally huge for one day, if the price were more stable I would be inclined to invest, also maybe some less expensive options for people who just want to try it out.  Maybe $10 or $20. 

I would certainly be fine with offering a smaller starter plan for people.

$20 plan is something I can do for you.

Double your MTR in 90 days.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: