Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:33:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37805 times)
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:05:48 PM

Pushing the OCTO distribution now Cheesy

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 10:07:54 PM

Word. I'm about to try to push the Lottery Faucet.... I hope it works this time. I think I'll try paste text instead of upload.

FoldingCoin

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:12:41 PM

Word. I'm about to try to push the Lottery Faucet.... I hope it works this time. I think I'll try paste text instead of upload.

perfect Smiley let me know if you need any help with it, i am here the rest of the day, but skype me if you do so we dont clutter the forum Cheesy

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:28:39 AM

Hey guys, did we ever decide what to do with djslick and his 888? Someone else I know forgot to burn his coins too. Late to the party for sure, but thought I'd ask anyway (I'm sure I know the answer). Thanks and nice buys going on. Nice to see OCTO on the move.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 05:18:41 AM

Hey guys, did we ever decide what to do with djslick and his 888? Someone else I know forgot to burn his coins too. Late to the party for sure, but thought I'd ask anyway (I'm sure I know the answer). Thanks and nice buys going on. Nice to see OCTO on the move.

We've discussed the burn. See that's the problem. You make an exception for one you have to make it for all. Then even if we make it for all, what happens when another person comes around saying they missed the burn?

I know that we have discussed just doing a donation instead. I was actually going to post information on it this weekend. In fact we already have some OCTO donated towards djslick.

I think we'd be smart not to burn anymore. I also think that as a community, if people want to welcome key players that missed the burn, there's plenty of willing donators in the community. Not to mention the ability get free OCTO from the faucet, the ability to mine OCTO for a good cause at foldingcoin.net and the fact that it's dirt cheap and will remain dirt cheap until we get the projects going. If people really want to support OCTO, I suggest they go these routes and also buy at Bittrex.com. I mean today has been the largest day I've seen buying wise since we've been on Bittrex. $422 today so far.

I'll post more info later. If you are an OCTOFAME token there was some talk about it on the OCTOFAME lounge at LTB forum.

cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:14:14 AM

We've discussed the burn. See that's the problem. You make an exception for one you have to make it for all. Then even if we make it for all, what happens when another person comes around saying they missed the burn?

I know that we have discussed just doing a donation instead. I was actually going to post information on it this weekend. In fact we already have some OCTO donated towards djslick.

I think we'd be smart not to burn anymore. I also think that as a community, if people want to welcome key players that missed the burn, there's plenty of willing donators in the community. Not to mention the ability get free OCTO from the faucet, the ability to mine OCTO for a good cause at foldingcoin.net and the fact that it's dirt cheap and will remain dirt cheap until we get the projects going. If people really want to support OCTO, I suggest they go these routes and also buy at Bittrex.com. I mean today has been the largest day I've seen buying wise since we've been on Bittrex. $422 today so far.

I'll post more info later. If you are an OCTOFAME token there was some talk about it on the OCTOFAME lounge at LTB forum.

100% agree with this, best way to think about it is whats the point in having a million OCTO worth 1 satoshi, if you can have 100,000 worth 100-5000 satoshis?  Inflation dilutes value, if another burn happens the burners will lose out as well in terms of the value of their asset, donations are definitely the right way to go along with buying up cheap OCTO on Bittrex.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:22:26 PM

Well, yes in the short term, it would slightly inflate by adding more OCTO. If you are looking to offload some now, then it would hurt you. But at the same time this first year we are adding about half a million OCTO a month from mining. You can see there's more downward pressure at Bittrex than upward. Most of the sells are probably miners in my opinion. Until projects are launched or until there is any reason to give OCTO value we are dealing with the inflation and constant downward pressure.

The main reasons, though, that I'm against the burn is for perceptions from the outside, the possibility of constant late showers wanting to burn and the fact that any OCTO we have now should be used to help raise the value and ROI. Adding more to the burn does none of these.

Adding to the burn and gaining a few more people who may or may not even be active in the community does not help us necessarily. Unless they are just a superstar community member who does a lot for the coin and the community we just gave away some more OCTO to someone who is only looking to dump eventually.

Adding to the burn opens up that door we've already seen a few times where people are coming out of the woodwork wanting to burn. I get it. It sucks. But that's where we as a community should help. Many of us burned hundreds of thousands and some burned millions. If we held a burn, we wouldn't be doing  a 1:1 trade anyways, more like a 3:1 to 5:1 trade off to fight inflating the total burn number. So, if they aren't going to even get their full amount, I think most of us are in a position to help make it right, if we can.

And speaking of making things right, and helping people, How many people here received DNOTES from that community as a generous token because they loved the Octocoin community and wanted to help since the devs screwed us? They should be the ones gaining some OCTO. How about the guys that helped out with the burn and the planning? The ones that created the burn address? Re-launched a block explorer with their own BTC? Robert at FoldingCoin who has spent countless hours of his time helping with a burn, assisting with training, skype calls, answering emails, correcting issues. My point is, there are tons of people here who have been active and pitched in a helping hand. Not that I'm calling people who are showing up late for the burn leeches, but I'm just saying, not only should we take care of them, but we should really take care of everyone that pitches in.

Just for clarification, that doesn't include me. I've already had some generous people in OCTO and other organizations just give me OCTO. So, i'm good. Thanks to those who did that. More than receiving the OCTO, just being appreciated for my effort is always good and helps keep my head up when things are stressful.

I think before the weekend is over, that i'll list a few addresses for donations. I know some have already sent me donations that will go to djslick. If you know someone that missed the burn and wants in on OCTO, please just PM me their names. Separate addresses will be set for different individuals.

Remember this, if we want OCTO to be valuable for all, there's a lot of work that has to be done. It's not going to happen overnight. And we are fighting a battle since we already have burned coins. Many don't understand that. But most coins that have crowd sales don't start with a community already holding almost 20 million of the 88.8 million total tokens. They assume we are waiting for the big rise and there will be a large dump that will kill their ROI. Every coin fights this in some way. But, there are things we can do to combat this. The best thing about tokens, is that you can sweeten the pot, with extra  tokens that do other things. OCTO's crowd sale will include many tokens that do many different things so that they are invested in OCTO but have greater incentive to buy because they will receive a wide variety of tokens that they can use or even sell to others who may want to use that specific token.

We also have to consider that we still have to fund devs, use some OCTO to distribute for free as promotions, advertising, and even give some OCTO to people who sign up for the main projects websites. One way to draw users to play a game on the website will be that each signup has some OCTO to start with.

I hope most here agree with this. I know many have said they do. I haven't seen too many throw a fit for the other direction. And remember, this is not set in stone, if you disagree, say something. I think there is always a way to solve problems and that there are many people here with great ideas. So let's hear them if you have something better than what's posted Smiley

For now, I will proceed with setting up donation addresses as they come in. Each address will be open for one month. So anyone who wants donations will receive one months worth. They also have to give me their address within that month. Any one who receives donations and does not claim them with their Counterparty address by the end of that month, the funds will be held for a 1 week grace period before the donations will be sent to the dev fund address. And by dev fund address, that does not include me. That is an address with about 300,000 OCTO so far that will only be used to give to actual developers of the website, the code, etc.

Thanks guys! PM me those who are interested in receiving OCTO donations. I pledge to donate to each of them.
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:04:48 PM

i agree with everything you've said so far, OCTOPARTY.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 01:19:07 AM

UPDATE: You can post your counterwallet address on the OCTO 888 Lottery Faucet once per month. Please, no fake accounts. You can receive OCTO once per month starting now! Sorry it wasn't clear. FoldingCoin's faucet on LTB was once per LTB account. At this point we dropped from 35 to 5 posts. Let's share and distribute as much OCTO monthly as possible through the faucet. So, when you post, it pushes that post to the top on LTB. That get's eyeballs on OCTO and allows you to receive an OCTO payout monthly!

See you next month!
hashbrown9000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:25:11 AM

oh boy. i thought that was a once and done thing.  i'll definitely go back there to post again!

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 03:19:05 AM

oh boy. i thought that was a once and done thing.  i'll definitely go back there to post again!

Originally it was but at this point it serves no purpose. When it get's later into the year, early next year, and the value is up it will be interesting to see. But since we won't gain traction price wise until then, may as well allow monthly for everyone.
oz_miner

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:03:48 AM

Anyone know what went wrong with my swap

Spreadsheet says no 888 in this address

Octocoin wallet transaction details

Date: 6/03/2015 10:24
To: Octo Burn 8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX
Debit: -818.70567579 888
Transaction fee: -0.04 888
Net amount: -818.74567579 888
Transaction ID: 6a7d668448fcbf5a9ce8eeb5777730748855f24117ade02abb3e3856a59a1eb2-000

Block explorer

Height 313393         2015-03-06 01:26:11        + 818.70567579

Counter wallet address is correct?

Thanks

I see the transaction. Did you provide us with a Counterwallet address? Did you submit how many coins you burned from what Octocoin address and fill in your Counterwallet address that you wanted us to send to? I do not see you on the spreadsheet where you submitted that?

Yes i followed all the steps
Counterwallet address is 1N51WjbFr5DSamkMoFDnxmjTuuTW9EnYUh

Transaction no. 10 on the spreadsheet
2/23/2015 3:19:36   8UzmubRgwqC9GMs2AhXyEYiEX4CMLyYwUU   1N51WjbFr5DSamkMoFDnxmjTuuTW9EnYUh   818.7456758   No 888 in this address
Spreadsheet can be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml

Thanks

Any luck finding out what happened to this deposit?
Is there a block explorer i can use to check it out?

Thanks
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:23:20 PM

Anyone know what went wrong with my swap

Spreadsheet says no 888 in this address

Octocoin wallet transaction details

Date: 6/03/2015 10:24
To: Octo Burn 8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX
Debit: -818.70567579 888
Transaction fee: -0.04 888
Net amount: -818.74567579 888
Transaction ID: 6a7d668448fcbf5a9ce8eeb5777730748855f24117ade02abb3e3856a59a1eb2-000

Block explorer

Height 313393         2015-03-06 01:26:11        + 818.70567579

Counter wallet address is correct?

Thanks

I see the transaction. Did you provide us with a Counterwallet address? Did you submit how many coins you burned from what Octocoin address and fill in your Counterwallet address that you wanted us to send to? I do not see you on the spreadsheet where you submitted that?

Yes i followed all the steps
Counterwallet address is 1N51WjbFr5DSamkMoFDnxmjTuuTW9EnYUh

Transaction no. 10 on the spreadsheet
2/23/2015 3:19:36   8UzmubRgwqC9GMs2AhXyEYiEX4CMLyYwUU   1N51WjbFr5DSamkMoFDnxmjTuuTW9EnYUh   818.7456758   No 888 in this address
Spreadsheet can be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml

Thanks

Any luck finding out what happened to this deposit?
Is there a block explorer i can use to check it out?

Thanks

I just sent it. Sorry about the delay. Check your counterwallet address in an hour and it should be there.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:28:46 PM

Hey guys. 3 PM EST today. FoldingCoin Google Hangout. I'll be there. If you want the latest news about foldingcoin, folding@home and other merged folding assets, tune in. I believe this is scheduled for the first Sunday afternoon of each month at the same 3 PM EST time slot.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:32:48 PM

Hey guys. 3 PM EST today. FoldingCoin Google Hangout. I'll be there. If you want the latest news about foldingcoin, folding@home and other merged folding assets, tune in. I believe this is scheduled for the first Sunday afternoon of each month at the same 3 PM EST time slot.

I would love to but have errands to run!!!

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:57:27 PM

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent/AP36tYeOz9GUDHQvyz1ovugkQ3TArdjQtWwTD45AT9_AcW3635hmrw

Here's the link for the hangout.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 09:27:07 PM

great hangout today with plenty of cool news. be sure to listen to the youtube version of you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoPuxNu2SOM

if you are into Minecraft, FoldingCoin released some news about a project coming soon. it will involve minecraft, merged folding assets including OCTO and the ability to play minecraft to find private keys and win Bitcoin. it will also feature merged folding cities in minecraft such as OCTO town where you must use OCTO to buy and sell.

i immediately loved the sound of this. if you are interested, listen to the meeting. if you would like to assist that dev in his project, reach out to Robert at FoldingCoin and maybe he will hook you up with him.

also, FoldingCoin has launched a new Counterparty site!!! you can submit blogs about your asset and other Counterparty news. you will be paid in FoldingCoin for your submissions and can purchase ad space on the site with FoldingCoin.

you can also upvote OCTO on their site! please go and vote for both OCTO and OCTOFAME on their page! register and get to blogging about all things Counterparty and OCTO!

https://xcpassets.org

upvote us here! you probably have to register first.

https://xcpassets.org/all-assets/
hashbrown9000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:43:35 PM

lookin good, i'll also check out the video on youtube as I am doing crap around the house as well

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:07:10 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 02:11:02 AM by OCTOPARTY

DJSlick donations

1D9zSxjWbVrPTwbfmT6HcjJ1nXsYmp9nd3

FoldingCoin Dev Team donations

178bc6SiCyoXJTXqSDQ6d978UVPX3TKWhb

DNOTES community donations

1NnhoV5LDnMn56zzDL65FQn2WamYxL9TUk

Cryptomoms.com donations

1Einv9auKP1Y6aNj9feiFnWRKCRgtP56Vp

These donations will be collected between May 3rd and June 3rd. Please send a few OCTO or any other assets you like Smiley

After the June 3rd deadline, I will give the recipients until June 10th to claim their donations by providing their Counterwallet addresses. If they do not claim the donations all funds will be sent to the OCTO devs fund address.

OCTO devs fund address: 12tLdoXzqCdRh5wFvNZvCUwyspEac43Xpa

Thanks for all of your donations and for supporting community members and OCTO-friendly groups!

You can check the current balances on blockscan.com.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:53:43 PM

DJSlick donations

1D9zSxjWbVrPTwbfmT6HcjJ1nXsYmp9nd3

FoldingCoin Dev Team donations

178bc6SiCyoXJTXqSDQ6d978UVPX3TKWhb

DNOTES community donations

1NnhoV5LDnMn56zzDL65FQn2WamYxL9TUk

Cryptomoms.com donations

1Einv9auKP1Y6aNj9feiFnWRKCRgtP56Vp

These donations will be collected between May 3rd and June 3rd. Please send a few OCTO or any other assets you like Smiley

After the June 3rd deadline, I will give the recipients until June 10th to claim their donations by providing their Counterwallet addresses. If they do not claim the donations all funds will be sent to the OCTO devs fund address.

OCTO devs fund address: 12tLdoXzqCdRh5wFvNZvCUwyspEac43Xpa

Thanks for all of your donations and for supporting community members and OCTO-friendly groups!

This is great Kris, thanks for doing this, its much appreciated Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: