Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:55:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:33:16 AM

i see a dump incoming  Shocked Shocked

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:36:41 AM

it did happen. someone with an overwhelimgly powerful rig, early on. i did question john about it; if i understood his reply rightly our masterful dev used his coding skills to persuade the network to reject the offending blocks, by consensus

[edit!] it was NOT when pool mining - the event referred to occurred in december 2014, i believe

Ok, this is the concerning part.  

We agreed to have a fair and open watergun fight amongst ourselves in the school yard.  We are all using Wal-Mart squirter pistols and having a good time.  Then, a rich kid went and bought a Super Soaker 9 Billion XQT ReCharger and proceeded to light everyone up, and dominate the fight.  

The guy who invented all the cool rules of the watergun game said, "Hey, rich kid!  Go away!  You're making the game not fun for everyone else!" and the rich kid with his Super Soaker 9 Billion XQT said, "Fuck off, I'm playing by the same rules you are, I just have a better toy."  

So the kid who invented the game declared, "Ok guys, then from now on, we won't count any shots by Super Soakers.  Deal?" and everyone agreed because it made the game more fun.  

The kid took his Super Soaker and went home because no one wanted to play with him anymore.  

Do you see the problem with this?  Do you think that this game will pass a test for truly open and transparent going forward?  What happens when something else happens that someone doesn't like?  People will all just look to the leader kid and say, "Hey!  This is like that fucker with the Super Soaker!  John, do something!" and the 'leader' will be forced to declare new rules and regulations.... aka, centralization.  

John Connor was overwhelmingly a good guy, but (movie spoilers, spoiled in the movie trailer itself in the following image):  

https://i.imgur.com/CZxw2Lu.jpg
If algo or block manipulation has occurred in any way, this invalidates the entire currency and a new and impartial fork needs to restart from the genesis block.  The only time this is acceptable is if a user truly was irrevocably breaking the game forever afterwards (like creating fake blocks or fake coins), NOT if they were simply winning by using the best hardware.

Coins weren't forfeited in solomining.  Network consensus forked wallets that tried to mine with more than one or two wallets per ip or something like that.  That stopped after the first pool was set up and the wallets were changed from only mining with 1 core to mining with the max the cpu could output.  Those wallets still had coins they made from before being forked.  They just had to get back on the right fork.

During cpu pool mining in which everyone was mining from John's pool, one or two people created private gpu miners, which were not allowed.  They had around half the hash so John sent their coins that had not been paid out yet to the faucet, and a little later, a public gpu miner was made available.

He was only trying to make the distribution fair while it was cpu mined.  As soon as gpu mining started, we tried to get public pools to add it, and suprnova added it somewhat quickly.

Edit: Oh yeah.  When C-cex messed up and lost people's coins, he didn't do anything.  So you're dead wrong about that.  He also stated he wouldn't mess with the blockchain.

This. Every rule was clear and these resulted in the most fair distribution ever on a crypto. Someone posted a chart a few pages back which clearly shows this. Also the project is fully open source currently with people hosting their own pools and the sollutions to ZeroTime will be fully decentralized (unlike DASH's InstantX).

ChameleonBTC

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:49:19 AM

Wow. All this talk is making the price go lower, THANK YOU trolls.   Didn't think i would be buying under 30k today.

Thank you for this gift. 

Vanilla Coin looks absolutely fine to me, no problem going in deep. 
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:11:31 AM

Wow. All this talk is making the price go lower, THANK YOU trolls.   Didn't think i would be buying under 30k today.

Thank you for this gift. 

Vanilla Coin looks absolutely fine to me, no problem going in deep. 

Well, if all it takes is me asking a few questions then your price point wasn't very solid to begin with.  To be clear, I am not trying to FUD Vanillacoin, nor do I have a fixed opinion on it or Zerotime technology.  I am simply interested in it, and as part of being interested I have some very critical questions I feel need to be asked. 

I will continue researching it considering everything you have told me; thanks for the replies.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:47:37 AM

So I never understood the whole need to promote this was angel investor backed anyway. I don't necessarily think this admission is a good thing, makes me wonder why John felt the need to put this on the list of Vanillacoin's features early on in the coins life, and the later announcement the angel investors approved another year of development. Why not just state the truth all along. Once one falsehood is revealed, makes people wonder what else was mis-stated, to be polite.

This does not mean I am giving up on Vanillacoin, but it is a bit unsettling to say the least.
The angel investors simply chose to reveal themselves is all. I see mystery as integral part of the project and a positive that will contnue for the foreseable future. Cool

Thank you for your support.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:00:13 AM

So after all, this coin wasn't ordered by illuminatis/freemasons or some other obscure organization wanting the ultimate financial tool for their new world order  Grin

Can't say i'm not disappointed a little bit  Smiley
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:24:46 AM

So after all, this coin wasn't ordered by illuminatis/freemasons or some other obscure organization wanting the ultimate financial tool for their new world order  Grin

I'm quite happy with it. John is probably the best and most innovative developer in the alt scene and he will continue to support his own project without bonds.

goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:41:00 AM

I'm quite happy with it. John is probably the best and most innovative developer in the alt scene and he will continue to support his own project without bonds.

I agree...holding and accumulating!

Regards

Goldmaxx

I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:43:50 AM

The angel investors simply chose to reveal themselves is all. I see mystery as integral part of the project and a positive that will contnue for the foreseable future. Cool

Thank you John connor.  Wink

YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:31:16 AM

+888  Wink
the thing is that John is aware of most limitations and problems that BTC and clones have, so VNL is change that crypto ecosystem needs.
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:00:25 PM

unfortunately the chinese exchange has ditched the idea to add vanillacoin   Sad Undecided Undecided

You forgot this part:

<acoin> many vnl investor said 1szb  is a bad exchang for vnl, their boss feel bad
<acoin> so will not add it
<xCore> hu
<acoin> a very small exchange
<acoin> haha
<xCore> it's not a technical issue, so it's ok for me

As it turned out it's only a low volume exchange also I'm not surprised they can't work out the wallet without help, Bittrex needed a bit of help also.

Neither bleutrade nor c-cex could integrate it properly into the exchange, first ditched it second got asked to delist it since they mismanaged the wallet. This isn't a toy for wannabe exchanges who could add 20 bitcoin clones prior.

Try harder.

So, that's why we're not on cryptsy yet. Kiss

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:04:32 PM

Bittrex get's more respect from me day after day...
They are truly a great exchange, if not the greatest!

Regards

Goldmaxx

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:06:47 PM

Bittrex get's more respect from me day after day...
They are truly a great exchange, if not the greatest!

Regards

Goldmaxx
  no volume

Dsb6Mc9TgGV1i3rzcbQeuWMni6Ve2sbXP2G
dygus
Legendary

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:13:42 PM

BTW, there are only 2 exchanges, which are worth to be listed: BTC38, jubi.com

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:22:55 PM

A chinese user just stated on IRC that Jubi.com has contacted him for information about VNL. Asked him to tell them that VNL isn't a clone of Bitcoin so if they need help adding it, they should contact John/xCore on IRC.

This could open the gates to bigger chinese investors if this is legit (it could well be since 1szb.com was interested also).

dygus
Legendary

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:29:37 PM

A chinese user just stated on IRC that Jubi.com has contacted him for information about VNL. Asked him to tell them that VNL isn't a clone of Bitcoin so if they need help adding it, they should contact John/xCore on IRC.

This could open the gates to bigger chinese investors if this is legit (it could well be since 1szb.com was interested also).

Precisely, I saw what they did with VTC, XPM, WDC and I'm patiently waiting.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:36:21 PM

Precisely, I saw what they did with VTC, XPM, WDC and I'm patiently waiting.

They did an epic pump on VTC even though that was a dead coin's bounce without any news, was fun to watch.

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:02:32 PM

So I never understood the whole need to promote this was angel investor backed anyway. I don't necessarily think this admission is a good thing, makes me wonder why John felt the need to put this on the list of Vanillacoin's features early on in the coins life, and the later announcement the angel investors approved another year of development. Why not just state the truth all along. Once one falsehood is revealed, makes people wonder what else was mis-stated, to be polite.

This does not mean I am giving up on Vanillacoin, but it is a bit unsettling to say the least.

Well even though it might be claimed it was a harmless "little white lie" type of thing, I would feel more comfortable with all the facts about Vanillacoin staying unadulterated. I still think it has potential to become one of the top 10, if not even higher coins, and just think keeping things as upfront as possible would be the best policy. I do not think people would have taken Vanillacoin any less seriously if it was stated as a self-funded endeavor, or even if there were no mention of the funding at all.

I am glad you are able to devote so much time and effort to your creation and have thought one of the big attractions to the coins was lack of bold claims and promises of getting rich overnight as we see so many other alts try to do. The idea of a hidden gem amongst all the junk out there, making small but steady improvements, and not making claims that couldn't be backed up were all part of this allure. While it is certainly not the most egregious of acts, I feel it did blemish this untarnished reputation Vanillacoin had going for it, no matter how minor. The new car got its first scratch type of thing.

Anyway, this leads me to one of the other worries I have about Vanillacoin's future. Not taking anything away from your excellent work John, but have you ever given thought to bringing on more people to the project? Right now it is all you, and pretty much Vanillacoin lives and dies by your hand, or more accurately involvement. If something should happen to you, or if you were to get bored and move on, etc., Vanillacoin would go the way of so many other failed coins. I hope this does not become the case, but I think a team would inspire more confidence in the long-term success of the coin.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:42:28 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 03:53:26 PM by CryptoClub

"... I hope this does not become the case, but I think a team would inspire more confidence in the long-term success of the coin."

I believe there is one other person helping with something on Github now, I am not a coin coder so not exactly sure what it is. In the long run a team would be very beneficial psychologically to investors of course, and is usually a natural evolution once these things get big enough, even if he can do it all himself, the coding anyway. Although we have seen some other people volunteering to help in other ways, like with this thread and so on.

traumschiff "They did an epic pump on VTC even though that was a dead coin's bounce without any news, was fun to watch." -- VTC had an interesting algo and that might have been mining related in some way. VNL also has an interesting algo. They also pushed BTS over 100 million, so they can get carried away at times.

SushiNoTomato

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:06:21 PM

I applaud john-connor with what he has developed & currently developing.

Keep up the hard work !
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: