Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916361 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:05:56 AM

I know of at least two AM shareholders whose requests for share transfers have been blown off for months, since before FC took the money and ran: my own and the MiningCo ETF's.

Unless they were IPO shareholders then they brought the shares from someone else, not from FC. Are you really that dumb?

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:20:40 AM

BTW, afaik, all AM hardware customers (so excluding AMhash) also got what they paid for. Which again is more than one can say of HF or any other scam I can think off.

True they even refunded those garbage Prisma miners. The only Ponzi was AMHash after the gear went MIA. It is funny comparing FailFast to them...FailFast couldn't even ship gen 1 after massive pre orders.

No they didn't.  I'm still waiting for my refund.  The arrangement was to ship defective / unwanted miners to CrazyGuy (per AM) and refund of bitcoins would come from AM.  Still waiting on those bitcoins...
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:20:49 AM

he hasnt resurfaced in too long for there to be any sound minded business reason with regards to the value of AM as a going concern. Either he is missing because he has cut and run, which doesn't make a lot of sense unless there was some sort of failure he is personally responsible and wont own up to, or he cant return because of disaster from outside forces such as illness, death, criminal intervention.

I keep looking at this and freaking out, thinking the worst like many of you, but I do honestly believe, deep down, that if FC could have avoided disappearing, he would be available and working the master plan, running the company at any cost. It is simply of more value as a legit entity, operating as it has in the last 2 years, than it is as a shady exit run. Why raid the cookie jar when you can own the bakery?

too many things don't add up for this to be a cut n run scheme. Not that I don't have moments of paranoia (fed by iCEbreaker, NLC, Tiggger et al, fuck you very much) This company has struggled, but managed to maintain anyway, up till now.

Besides, a true rip-off artist in FC's position would let some divs dibble out for a few weeks, causing the share price to skyrocket, then sell off his shares discretely amidst the panic selling, profit HUGE, then disappear.

That it is most likely that FC has met with some sort of illness/disaster/foul play/death, is absolutely just as bad news as scam anyways...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:30:11 AM

Here's my guesses as to what happen in order of plausibility:

1. Their story is legit and the hardware was stolen by some shady datacenter operator and FC was kidnapped or something.

2. FC was stealing electricity and he along with the hardware was taken by the police.

3. FC decided to pull an exit scam after Prisma 2.0's and BE300 turned out to be failures.

In no case do I think the scam was premeditated or that anyone other than FC was involved.

Do you honestly put 1. "James Bond-esque kidnapping operation" above 2 and 3 "trivial scams that have happened time and again in the Bitcoin ecosystem"?

What is the logic that leads you to think that 1 is more likely than 3 or 2?? Other than blind faith, I mean.

Tigggger's point about pumping the market with decent BE300 specs even though insiders knew it was all over is especially incriminating:

Speaking of shares, has anyone looked into the trading history.

Announcing a succesfull chip (BE300) and making everyone think that everything was proceeding to production, on top of the failure to mention anything about the mining farm going *cough* missing are both things that would keep the share price higher than it should have been.

But it doesn't matter, because jimmothy and roadstress would sooner eat broken glass than admit AM is now more of a scam than HF ever was.

They are committed to an eternal denial period, and will make up stupid excuses like 'well you didn't buy those shares/Tubes/Prizmas *DIRECTLY* from AM so that doesn't count' to rationalize their blind faith.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:36:04 AM

BTW, afaik, all AM hardware customers (so excluding AMhash) also got what they paid for. Which again is more than one can say of HF or any other scam I can think off.

True they even refunded those garbage Prisma miners. The only Ponzi was AMHash after the gear went MIA. It is funny comparing FailFast to them...FailFast couldn't even ship gen 1 after massive pre orders.

No they didn't.  I'm still waiting for my refund.  The arrangement was to ship defective / unwanted miners to CrazyGuy (per AM) and refund of bitcoins would come from AM.  Still waiting on those bitcoins...

I'm sorry to hear that.  It must add insult to injury for Blazedout and Puppet to be claiming all is well with AM hardware, when you are so acutely aware that is not the case.

BTW HF did ship their gen one.  Icedrill, Liquidbits, and Batch One eventually got hardware or refunds.  Some upgrades and Batch 2 were shipped as well.  Plus they sold chips to PepperMining and a couple of others.

Puppet and Blazedout should STFU because they clearly have no clue WTF they're talking about, and are just making up facts to suit their unshakable HF=BAD AM=GOOD prejudices.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:36:49 AM

But it doesn't matter, because jimmothy and roadstress would sooner eat broken glass than admit AM is now more of a scam than HF ever was.

They are committed to an eternal denial period, and will make up stupid excuses like 'well you didn't buy those shares/Tubes/Prizmas *DIRECTLY* from AM so that doesn't count' to rationalize their blind faith.

I never stated this so again you are lying!

Calling AM a scam is simply retarded. When IPO shareholders got their 100% ROI then the scam is out of the question. AM never offered pre-orders for false promises like HashFail did!

What about HF customers from batch 2, 3 and 4? They got nothing at all from your shit company.

BTW HF did ship their gen one.  Icedrill, Liquidbits, and Batch One eventually got hardware or refunds.  Some upgrades and Batch 2 were shipped as well.  Plus they sold chips to PepperMining and a couple of others.

AM was in business for more than 2 years while HF was in business for what? 6 months? 10 months?

What about we compare the number of total customers from the 2 companies? What about the number of satisfied/unsatisfied customers? AM wins by far in front of HF.

go eat shit scammer!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:30:02 AM

Calling AM a scam is simply retarded.

Your problem here is that lots of non-retarded people are for many good reasons calling AM a scam

You look like a fool by denying the obvious, exactly like when you despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary called HF a scam.

When IPO shareholders got their 100% ROI then the scam is out of the question.

Early Ponzi scheme investors always get high returns to sucker them and new victims into putting more money into now-trusted pyramid.

Early Pirate@40 customers make with over 100% ROI.  That proves nothing.

We've already gone over this.  Please try to keep up with the class.  Spend some time with the special ed tutor if your learning disability needs to be accommodated.

AM never offered pre-orders

And how is that working out for them?   Grin

AM found themselves undercapitalized at a crucial moment, just like HF and Cointerra.  Except that Eddie and Ravi stuck around to face the music and deal with the fallout, while FC took the money and ran for the hills of Chiang Rai.

Maybe AM should have offered pre-orders, so it would have had enough BTC to put in an order for wafers (and hire an intern to do share transfers, tech support, and customer service).

Besides, shipping broken hardware and then making customers wait weeks for replacements is functionally the same as a preorder:

I've sent emails and PMs to Friedcat and Phasebird, no luck.

You know, the expectation was kinda sorta that these would work...in October. But, AM became a preorder scam company apparently, and my main priority is salvaging some of my investment in their hardware, and being glad I don't own shares.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:44:56 AM

Early Ponzi scheme investors always get high returns to sucker them and new victims into putting more money into now-trusted pyramid.

Early Pirate@40 customers make with over 100% ROI.  That proves nothing.

We've already gone over this.  Please try to keep up with the class.  Spend some time with the special ed tutor if your learning disability needs to be accommodated.

Ponzi schemes require new funds to go to the ponzi company. In AM case once the IPO share were sold then the following ones that brought shares brought them from IPO shareholders, not from AM.

AM made 0 money from the subsequent share sales. Is that so hard to understand? Where is the ponzi scheme since AM could operate independently of what happened with the shares?

And how is that working out for them?   Grin

AM found themselves undercapitalized at a crucial moment, just like HF and Cointerra.  Except that Eddie and Ravi stuck around to face the music and deal with the fallout, while FC took the money and ran for the hills of Chiang Rai.

Maybe AM should have offered pre-orders, so it would have had enough BTC to put in an order for wafers (and hire an intern to do share transfers, tech support, and customer service).

AM got 6xROI to IPO shareholders, managed to get 30% of solo mining at one point, had 2 successful generation of miners + 1 additional generation that failed and delivered tens of thousands of miners.

What did HF managed to do with 50M$? Deliver one batch of miners and leave 3 batches of customers empty handed!

Go join scammer Inaba and eat a bowl of dicks please.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:12:38 AM

AM got 6xROI to IPO shareholders

IPO shareholders deserved that 6x ROI because they risked their BTC going to zero.

You make it sound like AM was doing them a great favor, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Besides, that was years ago.

Have you been frozen in ice since 2012?

Did you miss the part where AM bungled two generations of chips and the Prizma launch, then misled investors about the BE300, their finances, and the general situation?

Many shares traded hands during the last 3 years.

Why are you pretending those who bought in post-IPO deserve to be scammed?

I know this must very hard for you.  It must not easy dealing with the cognitive dissonance of finding out you've been in the denial stage, when you've spent so much time manufacturing a caricature of others by falsely accusing them of the same.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:33:52 AM

IPO shareholders deserved that 6x ROI because they risked their BTC going to zero.

Please explain the ponzi scheme smart ass!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:36:46 AM

Gavin already did: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gavin-andresen-suspects-ponzi-schemes-bitcoin-cloud-mining/

Please explain why those who purchased shares after the IPO deserve to be scammed.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:57:28 AM

Gavin already did: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gavin-andresen-suspects-ponzi-schemes-bitcoin-cloud-mining/

Please explain why those who purchased shares after the IPO deserve to be scammed.

I am sorry, but Gavin is talking about cloud mining. AM never did any cloud mining.

So I am still waiting for you to explain where is the AM ponzi...

As for those ones that purchased shares after IPO well they weren't scammed because nobody forced them to do it and AM never promised anything to them. Their only commitment was for the IPO shareholders and they have exceeded it by far.

For me AM was dead or bankrupt since ~August or when the dividends stopped. The TL;DR would be that they lost at the mining game. They continued to operate for a longer time than HF did when it started to bleed money and they did it with minimal costs trying to resurrect the company somehow, which I didn't see HF doing. AM managed to get a sample chip and they successfully tested it. In comparison HF did the exact opposite thing! If AM really wanted to pull a scam they could've somehow tried to raise some pre-order money for their next gen chip since they've already confirmed the design by testing the chip.

AM never took pre-order money for something that they could not deliver like HF did for 3 batches of customers!

PLEASE EXPLAIN AM PONZI! It is clearly that you are lying in everything that you say. This is just another proof of your constant lies. Thank you for making it so easy for people to see that you are so full of shit!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:17:43 AM

AM never did any cloud mining.

Sure bro.  How's the weather in Egypt?

AMHash1 is the first of a series of mining contracts.

In this contract, the hashrate is provided by ASICMiner

Risk control
1. Before IPO closes, ASICMiner has the right to buy back at the price of IPO price * 100.5%.

2. During the first 45 days after IPO closes, ASICMiner has the right to buy back at the price of (IPO price - total payouts) * 120%. The notification period is 3 days.

As for those ones that purchased shares after IPO well they weren't scammed because nobody forced them to do it and AM never promised anything to them. Their only commitment was for the IPO shareholders and they have exceeded it by far.

That is so wrong and untrue it would take weeks to unpack all the densely packed falsities within.

Let's just briefly note that not how IPOs and stocks work.  EG, AM was obligated to pay dividends and transfer shares, because those share represent a claim on the firm's profits, and the OP confirms this.  The OP does not say 'any shares purchased after the IPO are worthless and we couldn't care less about them.'

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:27:37 AM

new amhash announcement - which make even less sense:

Announcement:
03/22/2015 Update:
Dividends deduct
We will deduct the dividends(0.11973BTC/GHS) from 9th Feb - 9th Mar(20150208-20150309) as we have not received the dividends from ASICMiner since 8th Feb
Account register
if you don't have havelock account,please register at https://www.havelockinvestments.com/
===============
关于AMHash暂停分红的公告(The Announcement of AMHash Dividends Suspending)
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:56:46 AM

I remember a time when people were afraid of ASICMINER possibly 51% attacking the network. How times change!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:59:24 AM

I remember a time when people were afraid of ASICMINER possibly 51% attacking the network. How times change!

I remember cex having more than 50% hash rate...
flame1012

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:57:12 AM

Asicminer can still revive and come back.
They just need to be wise.

> ALL cloudmining companies are SCAM <
AirWolf

Activity: 140

Havelock robbed me 170BTC

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:55:48 PM

Msg for Jutarul/AM/RM:

Tic, Toc, Tic, Toc, Tic, Toc.....

HAVELOCK ROBBED ME MORE THAN 170BTC - BEWARE OF THIS THIEVES!
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:56:09 PM

Asicminer can still revive and come back.
They just need to be wise.

Set that bet up and I will be happy to oblige.

https://bitbet.us/

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
flame1012

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:16:19 PM

Asicminer should make their 4th generation before others and make 14 nm chips to beat the competition Smiley
A hard task but doable.

> ALL cloudmining companies are SCAM <
Pages: « 1 ... 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: