|
jjdub7
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 09:53:02 AM |
|
Ghash.io is weak with the force, blockchain terminal shows.
|
|
|
|
|
|
vortex1878
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 10:17:14 AM |
|
Ghash.io is weak with the force, blockchain terminal shows.
Yes, Discus Fish is becoming stronger and stronger. And then we have that mysterious 193.187.79.76 address hashing around 10% atm. Let's just hope AM owns a big chunk. 
|
|
|
|
|
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1007
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 11:41:40 AM |
|
Ghash.io is weak with the force, blockchain terminal shows.
Yes, Discus Fish is becoming stronger and stronger. And then we have that mysterious 193.187.79.76 address hashing around 10% atm. Let's just hope AM owns a big chunk.  That IP is from Kiev so no AM self-mining with 10%. It's our friend Bitfury. Can you please share when did that IP started mining big time?
|
|
|
|
|
ensurance982
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 01:52:11 PM |
|
But honestly, what's up with GHash.IO!? They're in a free fall right now... Can this still be variance or are they about to go bust!? Maybe they can't pay for running their equipment at current prices? What are the best address-candidates for AM mining at this moment?
|
We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
|
|
|
|
aahzmundus
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 02:44:34 PM |
|
My hope is some form of stuxnet that overclocked and burned out all the miners, a man can dream!
|
|
|
|
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 03:51:40 PM |
|
It would be idiotic to be telegraphing the company's next moves to the competition.
I don't think it would be idiotic, just a waste of time as they would be stating the obvious. What are AM going to do next? Keep producing miners to sell or self-mine with. Produce more gen 3 chips if profitable. Buy the gen 4 mask. It's hardly rocket science now is it. I don't understand why people pretend that this info is super valuable and under no circumstances can be allowed to fall into competitors hands. What exactly are competitors going to do apart from the exact same thing they were going to do anyway? Build and sell/use miners. I agree with you about the rest though.
|
|
|
|
|
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 04:01:26 PM |
|
Whoever ran the sig campaign is kind of an idiot....
Started skipping over higher ranked forum members because those spots were "full" instead of letting those people in and having less spots for lower members. Choosing a full member over a Hero member... when you obviously value hero members more (they are paid more) is idiotic. I tried to explain how it was stupid several times, but the language barrier prevented that.
Still have it in my sig though because, well I am a share holder... but sucks I should have gotten something for it and was passed up.
Yeah, I saw your comment and the response and was simply bewildered. Friedcat seriously needs to find someone who can understand, read and write English properly.
|
|
|
|
|
bizmar
Newbie

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 04:23:00 PM |
|
Did a bit of blockchain.info shoveling and found 2 IPs that came from china and found blocks in the last 4 days. https://blockchain.info/blocks/223.244.137.22 (found 1 block to date) https://blockchain.info/blocks/58.241.250.107 (found 2 blocks to date) I was about to post this, then looked at the output address and noticed it was the same. https://blockchain.info/address/1GcF7j3YH8Qs8hvNEe7zbrQZftMU6sRLfu This address is getting blocks form IPs all over the world! So I'm guessing this has nothing to do with ASICminer. But it's still really interesting.  SO, from my cursory look. There are a few options: 1.) They are solo mining and didn't get any blocks in the last 4 days 2.) They are solo mining and their IP is obfuscated. 3.) They are mining in a pool. 4.) They are not mining. I will be looking at the blockchain for suitable candidates and report back if I find anything.
|
|
|
|
|
|
KarmaShark
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 04:33:34 PM |
|
Did a bit of blockchain.info shoveling and found 2 IPs that came from china and found blocks in the last 4 days. https://blockchain.info/blocks/223.244.137.22 (found 1 block to date) https://blockchain.info/blocks/58.241.250.107 (found 2 blocks to date) I was about to post this, then looked at the output address and noticed it was the same. https://blockchain.info/address/1GcF7j3YH8Qs8hvNEe7zbrQZftMU6sRLfu This address is getting blocks form IPs all over the world! So I'm guessing this has nothing to do with ASICminer. But it's still really interesting.  SO, from my cursory look. There are a few options: 1.) They are solo mining and didn't get any blocks in the last 4 days 2.) They are solo mining and their IP is obfuscated. 3.) They are mining in a pool. 4.) They are not mining. I will be looking at the blockchain for suitable candidates and report back if I find anything. Interesting. Well, #4 can likely be ruled out barring something severe in the background as AM revealed self-mining was up and running back in the middle of July. My gut tells me that reality lies with #2 or #3.
|
|
|
|
|
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 04:40:31 PM |
|
Did a bit of blockchain.info shoveling and found 2 IPs that came from china and found blocks in the last 4 days. https://blockchain.info/blocks/223.244.137.22 (found 1 block to date) https://blockchain.info/blocks/58.241.250.107 (found 2 blocks to date) I was about to post this, then looked at the output address and noticed it was the same. https://blockchain.info/address/1GcF7j3YH8Qs8hvNEe7zbrQZftMU6sRLfu This address is getting blocks form IPs all over the world! So I'm guessing this has nothing to do with ASICminer. But it's still really interesting.  SO, from my cursory look. There are a few options: 1.) They are solo mining and didn't get any blocks in the last 4 days 2.) They are solo mining and their IP is obfuscated. 3.) They are mining in a pool. 4.) They are not mining. I will be looking at the blockchain for suitable candidates and report back if I find anything. Interesting. Well, #4 can likely be ruled out barring something severe in the background as AM revealed self-mining was up and running back in the middle of July. My gut tells me that reality lies with #2 or #3. I think that #3 is most likely the case...probably Discus Fish.
|
|
|
|
|
|
aahzmundus
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 04:51:17 PM |
|
Whoever ran the sig campaign is kind of an idiot....
Started skipping over higher ranked forum members because those spots were "full" instead of letting those people in and having less spots for lower members. Choosing a full member over a Hero member... when you obviously value hero members more (they are paid more) is idiotic. I tried to explain how it was stupid several times, but the language barrier prevented that.
Still have it in my sig though because, well I am a share holder... but sucks I should have gotten something for it and was passed up.
Yeah, I saw your comment and the response and was simply bewildered. Friedcat seriously needs to find someone who can understand, read and write English properly. Good, at least I am not out of line in how I was thinking. I have said it before and I will say it again, I will gladly do some PR work for AM. Do I have experience? Not really... are there people better suited for the job them me? Absolutely. Would I be better then what we currently have? Oh god yes.
|
|
|
|
|
rudi
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 06:02:03 PM |
|
Did a bit of blockchain.info shoveling and found 2 IPs that came from china and found blocks in the last 4 days. https://blockchain.info/blocks/223.244.137.22 (found 1 block to date) https://blockchain.info/blocks/58.241.250.107 (found 2 blocks to date) I was about to post this, then looked at the output address and noticed it was the same. https://blockchain.info/address/1GcF7j3YH8Qs8hvNEe7zbrQZftMU6sRLfu This address is getting blocks form IPs all over the world! So I'm guessing this has nothing to do with ASICminer. But it's still really interesting.  SO, from my cursory look. There are a few options: 1.) They are solo mining and didn't get any blocks in the last 4 days 2.) They are solo mining and their IP is obfuscated. 3.) They are mining in a pool. 4.) They are not mining. I will be looking at the blockchain for suitable candidates and report back if I find anything. Interesting. Well, #4 can likely be ruled out barring something severe in the background as AM revealed self-mining was up and running back in the middle of July. My gut tells me that reality lies with #2 or #3. I think that #3 is most likely the case...probably Discus Fish. I also think #3 is the most likely. Many people here just assumed AM would go straight back to solo mining. I don't know why they would assume that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
chairforce1
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 08:18:17 PM |
|
It's goin real well in the hardware thread.  Not sure if that is enough, guess I have to separate them out... FUN!  Wow, so much fail with the AM tube so far.
Almost as fun as pin the tail on the mining address.
|
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo
-Epicuru$
|
|
|
bitsalame
Donator
Hero Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Preaching the gospel of Satoshi
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 09:00:20 PM Last edit: August 26, 2014, 02:05:45 AM by bitsalame |
|
It would be idiotic to be telegraphing the company's next moves to the competition.
I don't think it would be idiotic, just a waste of time as they would be stating the obvious. What are AM going to do next? Keep producing miners to sell or self-mine with. Produce more gen 3 chips if profitable. Buy the gen 4 mask. It's hardly rocket science now is it. I don't understand why people pretend that this info is super valuable and under no circumstances can be allowed to fall into competitors hands. What exactly are competitors going to do apart from the exact same thing they were going to do anyway? Build and sell/use miners. I agree with you about the rest though. It is still a business afterall, and there should be some strategic moves that must be kept confidential. Business is a war, better take the competition by surprise. I didn't think it was needed to be explained.
|
|
|
|
|
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
|
 |
August 25, 2014, 10:00:43 PM |
|
Wasn't the exclusive interview suppose to take place over the weekend? Any information about the answers to the questions?
|
|
|
|
|
|
jjdub7
|
 |
August 26, 2014, 01:37:47 AM |
|
IF I had to guess what happened to the network over the past 24-48 hours, I think that AM+others' hashing power that was added to the network may have forced some of Ghash's older, less efficient equipment off the network. Either that, or AM had actually been mining with Ghash and left...
|
|
|
|
|
|
gog1
|
 |
August 26, 2014, 03:05:47 AM |
|
IF I had to guess what happened to the network over the past 24-48 hours, I think that AM+others' hashing power that was added to the network may have forced some of Ghash's older, less efficient equipment off the network. Either that, or AM had actually been mining with Ghash and left...
Time window is too small to jump to any conclusion, the graph shows extreme spike just from normal variation alone. http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin.pnglooking through the thread, is AM just selling equipment? what about franchising and self-mine?
|
|
|
|
|
|
jjdub7
|
 |
August 26, 2014, 04:12:36 AM Last edit: August 26, 2014, 04:33:18 AM by jjdub7 |
|
IF I had to guess what happened to the network over the past 24-48 hours, I think that AM+others' hashing power that was added to the network may have forced some of Ghash's older, less efficient equipment off the network. Either that, or AM had actually been mining with Ghash and left...
Time window is too small to jump to any conclusion, the graph shows extreme spike just from normal variation alone. http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin.pnglooking through the thread, is AM just selling equipment? what about franchising and self-mine? It is, that's true, although that's a serious amount of hashing power to fall off Ghash's roster regardless, even for 2 days. Ghash is the only pool with a statistically significant change in their hashing power - no way their output fell by luck alone. Almost as fun as pin the tail on the mining address.

|
|
|
|
|
|
drasted
|
 |
August 26, 2014, 07:19:01 AM |
|
sent a PM to hl5460 asking when they were expecting to have the interview up (wasn't trying to rush them, just wanted to know if it was going to be like the bitell interview/non-interview). Our guy just came back to the office this morning. We will rush him to produce the feedbacks.
|
|
|
|
|
|
vortex1878
|
 |
August 26, 2014, 09:35:27 AM |
|
I just noticed AM's forum ad for the first time (the one after the first post on a page). Nice. 
|
|
|
|
|
|