Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916327 times)
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:59:17 AM

Just curious when is the next financial report due
Believe they should be quarterly and perhaps the next board meeting ?

They are semestrial and should roll in by the end of october, as they did last year.

HA-HA don't believe that, you will be disappointed (again,again,again,....)

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:23:01 AM

hash rate https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate spiking up around 275 Gh/s - AM mining?
rudi

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:36:46 AM

hash rate https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate spiking up around 275 Gh/s - AM mining?

PH/s  Smiley
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:47:29 AM

In the current mining climate (declining BTC value, exponentially increasing difficulty, fierce competition) it is hard enough for an ASIC manufacturer to survive, let alone thrive.

I would not expect anything in terms of dividends. Gen2 was vaporware and Gen3 a bit of a dud due to a design mistake that significantly increased power consumption. I think the best we can hope for is for friedcat to roll over any earnings from Gen3 to accelerate and perfect development of Gen4. Shareholders looking for short term gains will be disappointed. In the long run, I think AM is still well positioned to come out on top and worth the risk of holding shares.

Just trying to work out how "fail, fail" = "much success in future"?  Wink

The fierce competition will not disappear, the BTC price is falling fast, AM will not suddenly do PR properly (PR representative promised 8 months ago?!?), or probably even build an English website, and who knows what Gen4 will be like .... given that past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour, my hopes are not high.

As a shareholder I wish I was wrong ....

I don't actually believe in the concept of long-term investing in AM. Why invest in someone that doesn't run a real company and you have no idea where he lives? We all invested in the first place because of the dividends they were paying out.

Hence the share price now being 1/10 to 1/20th of what it once was. No dividends = amazing amount of risk
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:09:03 AM

In the current mining climate (declining BTC value, exponentially increasing difficulty, fierce competition) it is hard enough for an ASIC manufacturer to survive, let alone thrive.

I would not expect anything in terms of dividends. Gen2 was vaporware and Gen3 a bit of a dud due to a design mistake that significantly increased power consumption. I think the best we can hope for is for friedcat to roll over any earnings from Gen3 to accelerate and perfect development of Gen4. Shareholders looking for short term gains will be disappointed. In the long run, I think AM is still well positioned to come out on top and worth the risk of holding shares.

I also believe that this is the way to go! The Bitcoin price is just too low at the moment, even ROCKMINER decided to postpone their 2 PH/s mining operation.... AM just doesn't seem to have enough of a margin to spend the income as dividends. I think the best thing to do would be to order massive amounts of gen 4 chips ASAP.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
empoweoqwj

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:18:57 AM

I also believe that this is the way to go! The Bitcoin price is just too low at the moment, even ROCKMINER decided to postpone their 2 PH/s mining operation.... AM just doesn't seem to have enough of a margin to spend the income as dividends. I think the best thing to do would be to order massive amounts of gen 4 chips ASAP.

That was exactly their policy with gen 3. How did that work out?

Bottom line, if they aren't paying dividends, share price will slide and slide. There is no way AM can wipe out  the competition because of "lowest cost". Business ain't that simple.

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:21:06 PM

oops, yeah. Maybe that was the subconscious pessimist in me  Smiley
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:00:32 PM

Bottom line, if they aren't paying dividends, share price will slide and slide. There is no way AM can wipe out  the competition because of "lowest cost". Business ain't that simple.

Yeah, but gen 3 had two or three big problems: About half as efficient as planned, at least two months to late, focus on selling the chip when the mining market got much too saturated (in combination with higher power consumption of BE200) and wasting 2-3 months on selling the chip before self-mining. In addition we saw a steep decline of the BTC price, which AM couldn't have prevented.
That being said, if things worked out better, we'd have had a gen 3 chip almost twice as efficient, self-mining in March/April, and potentially a better price. I do see where at least half of those things wouldn't necessarily be a problem with gen 4!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:08:29 PM

Rockminer postponed their 2 PH/s mining operation because there wasn't enough margin left to pay friedcat and electricity costs let alone make a profit.  AM had the idea -

"We will rent the excessive hashing power to financial and technical capable people, accepting full deposits at the market price, shipping the devices and collecting a certain PPS rate based on the theoretical hashrate."

of course, AM was a little late for that game after trying for too long to sell chips that did not meet their own efficiency expectations. Sure if bitcoin price were to go higher, they might be able to get a little more mileage out of them but the chips are middle of the road as far as efficiency and a higher bitcoin price would create a higher demand ergo a higher price for all chips.  As it stands, Rockminer was selling some of their equipment below cost.  It's not a friendly market right now.
  If AM can incorporate the lessons learned from mistakes made with the gen 3 into a gen 4 chip and can produce it at a cost that will be profitable with today's bitcoin price, I say go for it!  Order up the gen 4 chips!  Otherwise, I would think there is no rush. 
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:10:23 PM

Yeah, but gen 3 had two or three big problems: About half as efficient as planned, at least two months to late, focus on selling the chip when the mining market got much too saturated (in combination with higher power consumption of BE200) and wasting 2-3 months on selling the chip before self-mining. In addition we saw a steep decline of the BTC price, which AM couldn't have prevented.
That being said, if things worked out better, we'd have had a gen 3 chip almost twice as efficient, self-mining in March/April, and potentially a better price. I do see where at least half of those things wouldn't necessarily be a problem with gen 4!

I think you've hit the nail on the head!  Good analysis Wink
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:22:02 PM

@RoadStress
While I value your contrarian opinion as much as Vycid's (he saved me a lot of money) it would be downright obvious if dividends had been paid as posters would be whooping with delight or raging at Friedcat.  Your last post was nothing more than a troll.  Please refrain from poking others solely to get a reaction.

I know, but I was called a troll even when I raised legitimate questions about AM sales and self-mining so no matter what I say I will still be called a troll(or a shill) here. I am more than ready to discuss what AM did with their 60PH/s worth of chips, but I'm assuming that you are afraid to face the truth. I am ready to break down the numbers anytime.

Let me help you in starting it: How big do you think AM self-mining is/plan to be? How many Ph/s do you think AM sold from the original 60Ph/s?

No dividends yet RS. BTW, how is the ROI coming on those SP30s?

Superb!

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:32:35 PM

bitcoin down, AM up Grin
jiefangqian

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:35:55 PM

up
to the moon

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:38:25 PM

bitcoin down, AM up Grin

It seems like AM tracks to the US dollar (and also to dividends).

empoweoqwj

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:48:05 PM

Again, relying on hope ..... AM didn't predict these problems with Gen3 did they? They told us how amazingly power efficient the chips would be. Why do you believe, and that's believe, and not hope, Gen4 will be any different. Not even talking about Gen2 that disappeared without even being made without an explanation.

You know the bitcoin price could easily decline from where it is now right? You don't have to believe all the bitcoiners that we are going to $3000 soon.

Its a quintessential human quality, hope. People make a lot of money off it Smiley

All I'm saying is for every optimistic circumstance there is the opposite. I should know. I paid 4 BTC for AM shares a year or so ago .....
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:55:04 PM

I think the situation of bitcoin, AM et al should unfold soon now. It is not sustainable for investors nor for the miners. And Im not going to panic.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:47:01 PM

I think the situation of bitcoin, AM et al should unfold soon now. It is not sustainable for investors nor for the miners. And Im not going to panic.

You mean you aren't going to sell?

Neither am I, but only because my shares are worth peanuts compare with what I paid for them. They just aren't worth selling at current levels.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:56:45 PM

Again, relying on hope ..... AM didn't predict these problems with Gen3 did they? They told us how amazingly power efficient the chips would be. Why do you believe, and that's believe, and not hope, Gen4 will be any different. Not even talking about Gen2 that disappeared without even being made without an explanation.

You know the bitcoin price could easily decline from where it is now right? You don't have to believe all the bitcoiners that we are going to $3000 soon.

Its a quintessential human quality, hope. People make a lot of money off it Smiley

All I'm saying is for every optimistic circumstance there is the opposite. I should know. I paid 4 BTC for AM shares a year or so ago .....

As friedcat has already said, they have learned a lot from their shortcomings with gen 3.  If they incorporate those lessons into gen 4, all we have to hope for is that no new issues arise and we'll have another winner.
Didn't AM already convert their Bitcoin hodlings to fiat - we're already winning Wink
webbrowser

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:17:51 PM

I should know. I paid 4 BTC for AM shares a year or so ago .....

Didn't you lose all your AM shares when your havelock account got hacked, or did I get people mixed up?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:22:01 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 05:59:40 PM by Mabsark

I believe gen 4 will be better because FC said that AM had identified the problem with gen 3 and had fixed it for gen 4.

Bitcoiners? Are you not a bitcoiner? If you thought the price was going to keep dropping, it would be logical to sell all your AM shares and all your bitcoin too. But here you are.

And I told you back then those prices were idiotic and AM wasn't worth anywhere near that much. I told you that competition would exist in the future that didn't exist then. I told you that AM's advantage at that time was simply because they were first onto the field and that in the future they wouldn't be able to sell miners anywhere near the price they were going for back then due to competition. Most people here called me a troll and continued hyping the shares.

It's funny that now all that has come to pass, you're spreading doom and gloom and I'm saying things are actually better than they appear to be. AM should have easily sold enough product to pay for gen 4 (it would only take around 6 Ph/s of chips at 0.5 $/G). AM sold more than that in chips alone before April, so it it's a pretty solid assumption that they've sold more than that in chips and miner since April too. They've also been mining for a couple of months too now, and we've seen fairly large sums of BTC being shifted around known AM addresses.

AM are not in anywhere near as bad as a position as people here are assuming.
Pages: « 1 ... 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: