Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:45:53 AM

But in countries like India, Banks are giving 7-10% annual interest rate depending upon the amount, bank and maturity tenure. So that's not very bad compare to what you are refereeing to.

Thats being done because the inflation is eating it up. You got 1 billion people there that some need welfare, of course your government will print money.

You always have to look at the net interest rate. If you inflation is like 50% and your government gives your 51% on deposits, you dont get 51% return you only get 1% return....

So yea. If your annual interest is like 10%, then the inflation is easily 7-8%, so you also get only 2%, and good luck with that becoming rich lol....
It is not always to become rich, some people are just afraid to lose any money, they are fine with only keeping their money 'safe' in bank where it could grow a little above inflation.
Investing is about earning and saving is about security. These are 2 different things. Of course you won't get rich just by saving money...
Saving in the banks will decreased the value of your money because, as years passes by the value of the money will be increased so that if you don't spend your money that in the bank its value will decreased . Example your money is 200$ if you put it in the bank after 5-10 years maybe its value is only 180$ . So that its better to invest although there a risk.

I am not denying that it is better to invest money if you want to have visible profits. I am just saying, that some people are just afraid to do so because there is risk involved in that process.
There are pretty low risk options open for investors but nonetheless you  can lose part of your money.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:27:24 AM

But in countries like India, Banks are giving 7-10% annual interest rate depending upon the amount, bank and maturity tenure. So that's not very bad compare to what you are refereeing to.

Thats being done because the inflation is eating it up. You got 1 billion people there that some need welfare, of course your government will print money.

You always have to look at the net interest rate. If you inflation is like 50% and your government gives your 51% on deposits, you dont get 51% return you only get 1% return....

So yea. If your annual interest is like 10%, then the inflation is easily 7-8%, so you also get only 2%, and good luck with that becoming rich lol....
It is not always to become rich, some people are just afraid to lose any money, they are fine with only keeping their money 'safe' in bank where it could grow a little above inflation.
Investing is about earning and saving is about security. These are 2 different things. Of course you won't get rich just by saving money...
Saving in the banks will decreased the value of your money because, as years passes by the value of the money will be increased so that if you don't spend your money that in the bank its value will decreased . Example your money is 200$ if you put it in the bank after 5-10 years maybe its value is only 180$ . So that its better to invest although there a risk.

I am not denying that it is better to invest money if you want to have visible profits. I am just saying, that some people are just afraid to do so because there is risk involved in that process.
There are pretty low risk options open for investors but nonetheless you  can lose part of your money.
They worried about their money because maybe that is the first investment that they will join and they worried that if their money not earn and it loss they money that they hard work for it will only loss in just a few months or a year.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:51:12 PM

It's best to diversify and hold a series of assets, some on BTC and some in some decent business. For the very rich it makes sense to have it on banks since they benefit decently enough from the interest rates, for the average joe is pretty useless if you want to have a chance to make decent money.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:56:05 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Saving money is always good if you dont have any safe option to invest as blindly investing can lead you to big losses, best is to do great research and invest wisely in things that will pay you in a regular manner like a buying a house and giving it to rent. You get monthly rent as well as you hold the asset in your name and it is  a great investment.

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:10:11 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Saving money is always good if you dont have any safe option to invest as blindly investing can lead you to big losses, best is to do great research and invest wisely in things that will pay you in a regular manner like a buying a house and giving it to rent. You get monthly rent as well as you hold the asset in your name and it is  a great investment.
Make many assets so that you can earn more profits. even if your investment will loss you have another income like house rental, business, and advertisement. This will help you to not be outweigh in the business or you money will grow even if it is not fast.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:27:04 AM

It is about getting rich if i`d have like 1 billion $ i could not care about making money, i`d just buy some short term Russian or Chinese bonds and i`d be happy with it JUST to beat inflation. Why because later on as the western bonds become useless, the biggest investments will be made in Asia so i`d buy those bonds.

If i`d want to become rich, i`d forget about bonds, and i`d focus more on crypto currencies, because they have a much higher ROI potential.

Som coins make 5000% returns in 1 month, thats the wild west baby, and i`m in Cheesy

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
freeyourmind

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:15:03 AM

It's best to diversify and hold a series of assets, some on BTC and some in some decent business. For the very rich it makes sense to have it on banks since they benefit decently enough from the interest rates, for the average joe is pretty useless if you want to have a chance to make decent money.

Bank stocks have pretty decent returns here (Canada) and make pretty good investments given the risk.  The banks are regulated, so there it doesn't allow for foreign competition.  It's pretty much an oligopoly.  They also pay out ~4% dividends, which usually increase every year.

Investing requires research and understanding, and maybe a bit of luck, and can be financially rewarding.  Depends what your goals are, but it would make sense to have a combination of investments and savings.
GreenStox

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:43:27 AM

Bank stocks have pretty decent returns here (Canada) and make pretty good investments given the risk.  The banks are regulated, so there it doesn't allow for foreign competition.  It's pretty much an oligopoly.  They also pay out ~4% dividends, which usually increase every year.

Investing requires research and understanding central banksters to print money and pump up the stock markets artificially, and maybe a bit of luck, and can be financially rewarding.  Depends what your goals are, but it would make sense to have a combination of investments and savings.

Hey I corrected you, its very easy to invest in stock markets, you dont need jackass knowledge, since all stocks are pumped, just pick 20-30 stocks randomly in a basket and you have a good portfolio.

Of course once the printed money faucet dries up, expect some nasty crashes that will wipe our your investments, like in every 8 year cycle.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
freeyourmind

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:58:31 AM

Bank stocks have pretty decent returns here (Canada) and make pretty good investments given the risk.  The banks are regulated, so there it doesn't allow for foreign competition.  It's pretty much an oligopoly.  They also pay out ~4% dividends, which usually increase every year.

Investing requires research and understanding central banksters to print money and pump up the stock markets artificially, and maybe a bit of luck, and can be financially rewarding.  Depends what your goals are, but it would make sense to have a combination of investments and savings.

Hey I corrected you, its very easy to invest in stock markets, you dont need jackass knowledge, since all stocks are pumped, just pick 20-30 stocks randomly in a basket and you have a good portfolio.

Of course once the printed money faucet dries up, expect some nasty crashes that will wipe our your investments, like in every 8 year cycle.

If it was easy to invest in the stock market, then everyone would be rich if they felt like being in the stock market.  With interest rates as low as they are, you could even lever up and multiply your returns.

I agree with you that the monetary expansion is pumping the stock market, but there are still many people that have negative returns.

I also agree that the economy will implode if the money printing stops, and I've thought that way for years.  But at the end of the day the Fed is a one trick pony.  The universal solution to any problem is keep that printing press going.  So while I understand there is a possibility of a crash, I still keep a certain % of funds hedged with the banksters and rich folks.
GreenStox

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:05:04 AM

If it was easy to invest in the stock market, then everyone would be rich if they felt like being in the stock market.  With interest rates as low as they are, you could even lever up and multiply your returns.

I agree with you that the monetary expansion is pumping the stock market, but there are still many people that have negative returns.

I also agree that the economy will implode if the money printing stops, and I've thought that way for years.  But at the end of the day the Fed is a one trick pony.  The universal solution to any problem is keep that printing press going.  So while I understand there is a possibility of a crash, I still keep a certain % of funds hedged with the banksters and rich folks.

Well yea, you also have to choose the industry to invest in, maybe a little bit of skill, but not so much as you would not need an economic degree to do it.

I mean i would not invest in the baker industry or some random shit like that. Invest in the industry where you know the most money will go: Banking Sector, Telecom, Gold Mining, Software companies, other Private Investor groups closely tied to the banking sector.

If i were you i would just check 1 of a rich guys portfolio and copy paste it.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 05:05:53 AM

I guess it depends in what contry you live in and what the banks are like.
I would never bank my savings in a country like Greece where they just take your money when the country is in trouble. There is alao a lot of places worse than Greece for banking.
Gold is always a safe bet for investment but as others have said bitcoin has better growth potenial.
As always only invest what you can afford to lose.

GreenStox

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:11:53 AM

I guess it depends in what contry you live in and what the banks are like.
I would never bank my savings in a country like Greece where they just take your money when the country is in trouble. There is alao a lot of places worse than Greece for banking.
Gold is always a safe bet for investment but as others have said bitcoin has better growth potenial.
As always only invest what you can afford to lose.

Yeah like what other country would not do the same in their position? The other countries are just lucky that they are not in the same position, but they would do the same.

Which they will do soon enough, the greece problem is not local, its the same everywhere in the world,and soon other countries will have problems too.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
freeyourmind

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:31:27 AM

Well yea, you also have to choose the industry to invest in, maybe a little bit of skill, but not so much as you would not need an economic degree to do it.

I mean i would not invest in the baker industry or some random shit like that. Invest in the industry where you know the most money will go: Banking Sector, Telecom, Gold Mining, Software companies, other Private Investor groups closely tied to the banking sector.

If i were you i would just check 1 of a rich guys portfolio and copy paste it.

I'm not sure how much an economics degree would even help in investing.  I studied economics as part of my degree, and I can't really say it helps me much in the market.  It's good to understand the theories, but even top economists are pretty bullshit.  None of them saw the 2008 financial crisis until it was too late.  Only the Austrian economists/some libertarians saw it, and they didn't teach that in university.  With trading, timing is key.  Investing in a shit stock with good timing will yield returns.  Investing in a great stock with bad timing won't.

Banking, telecom and technology is what I like.  I liked gold too, but the price of gold and how easily it's manipulated by paper contracts is something I don't like.

Just take the rich guy's stock - Berkshire.
GreenStox

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:54:09 AM

I'm not sure how much an economics degree would even help in investing.  I studied economics as part of my degree, and I can't really say it helps me much in the market.  It's good to understand the theories, but even top economists are pretty bullshit.  None of them saw the 2008 financial crisis until it was too late.  Only the Austrian economists/some libertarians saw it, and they didn't teach that in university.  With trading, timing is key.  Investing in a shit stock with good timing will yield returns.  Investing in a great stock with bad timing won't.

Banking, telecom and technology is what I like.  I liked gold too, but the price of gold and how easily it's manipulated by paper contracts is something I don't like.

Just take the rich guy's stock - Berkshire.

I got economic degree and i can tell you its bullshit, all they teach there is stupid Keynesian money counterfeiting based economy, and a bit of classical Smith economy, still not sure how they can teach both of these 2 simulatenously when they contradict eachother.

Yes investing requires timing too, but if you are in for the long term picture, not like a short term speculator, then just pick the right stocks and wait.

I think gold stocks have potential, the manipulation is the reason why, because gold price is now held artificially low, it can go only higher than tat, although it would not invest in Gold mining sector , but rather vaults or coinery type companies, or those who melt gold bars, but only those which are located in safe countries, preferably in the Chinese influence zone.

Although I decided a while ago not to invest in the stock market anymore for obvious reasons, if i would, then i would do those i said in the previous posts.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
freeyourmind

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:12:18 AM

I got economic degree and i can tell you its bullshit, all they teach there is stupid Keynesian money counterfeiting based economy, and a bit of classical Smith economy, still not sure how they can teach both of these 2 simulatenously when they contradict eachother.

Yes investing requires timing too, but if you are in for the long term picture, not like a short term speculator, then just pick the right stocks and wait.

I think gold stocks have potential, the manipulation is the reason why, because gold price is now held artificially low, it can go only higher than tat, although it would not invest in Gold mining sector , but rather vaults or coinery type companies, or those who melt gold bars, but only those which are located in safe countries, preferably in the Chinese influence zone.

Although I decided a while ago not to invest in the stock market anymore for obvious reasons, if i would, then i would do those i said in the previous posts.

Yeah I learned the same.  I took some micro and macro but ended up specializing in finance.  There was no lecture on anything non-Keynesian.  There was also nothing on the history of money, how FIAT came about.  Where did you go to university if you don't mind me asking?  I'm assuming you're Canadian as well from your spelling Smiley

Last year I picked up a gold stock, as a bet against the USD with all the money printing.  I made a little bit of money, but spent a lot of time with a 50% god damn loss on the stock.  Meanwhile the USD rocketed upwards.  Just based on that experience I don't want to touch that shit anymore.  I've noticed Canadian banks and telecoms pretty much maintain a 4% dividend yield long term, and raise their dividends every year, plus they are heavily restricted industries.  I buy and sell based on the dividend yield.

I didn't invest for a few years, after getting burned in 2008, but interest rates are just too low to get anything out of a risk free investment.
GreenStox

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:23:33 AM

Yeah I learned the same.  I took some micro and macro but ended up specializing in finance.  There was no lecture on anything non-Keynesian.  There was also nothing on the history of money, how FIAT came about.  Where did you go to university if you don't mind me asking?  I'm assuming you're Canadian as well from your spelling Smiley

Last year I picked up a gold stock, as a bet against the USD with all the money printing.  I made a little bit of money, but spent a lot of time with a 50% god damn loss on the stock.  Meanwhile the USD rocketed upwards.  Just based on that experience I don't want to touch that shit anymore.  I've noticed Canadian banks and telecoms pretty much maintain a 4% dividend yield long term, and raise their dividends every year, plus they are heavily restricted industries.  I buy and sell based on the dividend yield.

I didn't invest for a few years, after getting burned in 2008, but interest rates are just too low to get anything out of a risk free investment.

Yes indeed, micro then macro and a bit of history of economics. I also took a masters degree specializing in financial markets (price,volatility, financial instruments), yet i cant believe i spent 5 years of my life studying propaganda when in reality i could have learned all that on the internet in 1-2 months.

It was as if its all basic knowledge, or in the sense that its true by default, not even questioning the whole system.

I mean the whole keynesian lectures were like: It's true because we say its true, argument from authority fallacy  Roll Eyes

And basically the entire education system is filled with arguments from authority, never questioning the root of the knowledge.

They dont tell you that central bank counterfeits money and lends it out to commercial banks that leverage it up 50-100x more and then lend it out at horrible 7-8% annual interest when they made that money out of this air, and then they expect that this printed money trickles down to the poor guy and helps him find a job. When in reality the poor people gets hurt by the most throught the wasteproduct called inflation.And if the poor guy can't pay his 7-8% mortgate they steal his real tangible house from him, so the banksters swapped counterfeited money into real assets, they are true criminals by all means.

(Keynesianism in a nutshell)

After realizing that i realized what a bullshit world this is filled with manipulators, tyrants and idiots who serve them.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
GreenStox

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:31:54 AM

Where did you go to university if you don't mind me asking?  I'm assuming you're Canadian as well from your spelling Smiley

Last year I picked up a gold stock, as a bet against the USD with all the money printing.  I made a little bit of money, but spent a lot of time with a 50% god damn loss on the stock.  Meanwhile the USD rocketed upwards.  Just based on that experience I don't want to touch that shit anymore.  I've noticed Canadian banks and telecoms pretty much maintain a 4% dividend yield long term, and raise their dividends every year, plus they are heavily restricted industries.  I buy and sell based on the dividend yield.

No i`m from europe, but i guess all universities just copy+paste the same bullshit and feed it into the naive minds of students.

Yes the FED is just bluffing with their interest rate raise which is so stupid that i dont see how any experienced investor can fall for that.

If i were in the US i would invest in the stock market, because the dollar will go only down, doesnt matter how much rhetoric the FED puts, soon the QE4 will start to pump the stock market even higher.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:59:01 AM

It is always good to save money, a penny saved is a penny gained, investment is a good option if you know what you are doing, invest in something which will pay you some constant profit. One example was Warren Buffet used to buy pool machines and placed it in barber shops which people played by inserting coins, soon the coins got him the roi and he he bought more machines with the profit, a constant profit yielding investment is good, do your research and do not fall for the many scams out there.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:21:44 PM

It is always good to save money, a penny saved is a penny gained, investment is a good option if you know what you are doing, invest in something which will pay you some constant profit. One example was Warren Buffet used to buy pool machines and placed it in barber shops which people played by inserting coins, soon the coins got him the roi and he he bought more machines with the profit, a constant profit yielding investment is good, do your research and do not fall for the many scams out there.

Well said that you are using Warren Buffet as a examples. Actually it will be a really good thing for you if you safe you money in but like Dokatels said is also true that next 5-10 years the value of our money is decrease day by day so it may not good for you too if you just safe it at the bank in along term. It must be better if you take take an investment so that you can get your fund back may be not in a long time

freeyourmind

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:32:25 PM

Yes indeed, micro then macro and a bit of history of economics. I also took a masters degree specializing in financial markets (price,volatility, financial instruments), yet i cant believe i spent 5 years of my life studying propaganda when in reality i could have learned all that on the internet in 1-2 months.

It was as if its all basic knowledge, or in the sense that its true by default, not even questioning the whole system.

I mean the whole keynesian lectures were like: It's true because we say its true, argument from authority fallacy  Roll Eyes

And basically the entire education system is filled with arguments from authority, never questioning the root of the knowledge.

They dont tell you that central bank counterfeits money and lends it out to commercial banks that leverage it up 50-100x more and then lend it out at horrible 7-8% annual interest when they made that money out of this air, and then they expect that this printed money trickles down to the poor guy and helps him find a job. When in reality the poor people gets hurt by the most throught the wasteproduct called inflation.And if the poor guy can't pay his 7-8% mortgate they steal his real tangible house from him, so the banksters swapped counterfeited money into real assets, they are true criminals by all means.

(Keynesianism in a nutshell)

After realizing that i realized what a bullshit world this is filled with manipulators, tyrants and idiots who serve them.

If you could go back and choose another type of education, would you change it given what you said above?

If I could do it over, I'd either go into neuroscience, engineering or technology (science/physics background).  Business is a pretty bullshit subject to study in university as you mentioned, it's easy to learn online through research. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: