Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:22:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790359 times)
BBS001

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:37:49 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 10:57:55 AM by BBS001

Theymos, the big administrator, said that this flag isn't a problem. So, don't spend your time, guys, with this picture and ignore me if you want. Focus on servicenodes. Wink

Actually it is a problem and here's why.  Sad

This coin is meant to be decentralised. Right? That flag doesn't represent decentralised, more like a " totalitarian regime". This goes against EVERYTHING this coin represents and as an investor this is really BAD for the image. We have already lost some support because of this and this will continue until the flag is removed. Just put a spreadcoin logo, why not?

If ISIS ruled the world do you think they would allow cryptos and the right to have an opinion different to theirs?

Justifie the flag, I shouldn't have to ignore you.

Edit:
"Focus on servicenodes. Wink" .......... Where? Change the "Flag" release the "Servicenode" then we can move on
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:26:28 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 11:46:56 AM by coins101

Theymos, the big administrator, said that this flag isn't a problem..

I have had you on ignore for a while now. But you being here with that flag is an issue that can't be ignored anymore. Chaos may have several reasons for moving on, but he stated that you're flag waving was the primary motivation.

Theymos isn't part of this project, nor is he part of this community. He doesn't have to look at your flag everyday, others do. Legally, many countries allow that sort of display because of the rights of free speech. So it seems that there is nothing he needs to do unless you break forum or legal rules.

So, yeah, it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

There is no point looking to Georgem for guidance on this issue. He's a coder, while this is an ideology issue that affects everyone on BCT and the internet.

Let's call it what it is....you waving that flag is a cancer. People have ignored you, but you're display has been the catalyst for a key member of the team leaving. Can he be replaced? Why should we even need to contemplate that.

We could all ignore you and that won't change anything. We could move to a self-moderated thread, but that just pushes the problem elsewhere and you become a headache for someone else. Going self-moderated is an easy and attractive option, but that's the problem with cancer, you ignore it and run away from it for so long until it grows beyond your ability to control it.

So we don't have a technical problem. We are confronted as a community with an ideology that is allowed to exist even if that ideology leads to tens of thousands of innocent people being killed or leaving their homes and causing unspeakable suffering and death.  People in Paris and other parts of Europe live in daily fear of what might happen next.

So, yeah, it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

The main argument against doing something is that action against the flag only generates attention, attention which you seek. That's a fair point, but that's an argument that is made by people that don't have to live on a daily basis with this cancer threat. So, while that makes complete sense, Theymos has given you free reign to continue using your account, so we have to deal with this issue head on.

The evidence from those that have carried out acts of extreme violence in the name of religion is that it causes a sustained period of confrontation, but in the end it doesn't lead to anything. Islam was in the process of becoming an unstoppable religion and given enough time it would have taken over the world.  Your flag has actually stopped that from happening. So if the goal was to dominate the world, then that flag is actually preventing that from happening.

So what your flag actually means is 'dominate now by violent means.'

What can be done?

* Negative feedback against your profile is a great option. Please everyone do that. But first, I will check if that is allowed as the trust rating system seems to be for transactions.

* Reporting every post to the mods, is an option but it will likely not lead to anything. Others in other threads have reported him, but he is still here.

* Putting you on ignore and asking everyone to counter post a standard message disapproving of you being allowed by the mods to keep that flag in your profile, is an option.

* While it pains me, I will be watching for the slightest hint for advocating violence. Those posts will go straight to the real police. Theymos may allow you to post, but he's ability to defend your freedom of speech does have limits that even he and other mods can't ignore.

* Moving to a self-moderated thread is the last resort, but it is an option if others from around the forum do not care to engage in trying to solve this issue. I'd rather sort this out here and now, but if we have to let someone else deal with the problem, then that is unfortunately the final option.
Abou Talha

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:14:42 PM

The cancer is the ignorance. I'm religious since a long time. Do what you want ; you'll never change me. I'm a free person and I'm investing in any coin I want.
By the way, I'm not a newbie : I know perfectly what are the noobs traps to get cheap coins. Spread is an exceptional coin ; I'm very glad to be part of this adventure.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:29:05 PM

Lets be clear.

No one is advocating anything against Islam.  

The cancer you are spreading is the specific type of ideology you have. It pretends to be based on religion, but it is rooted in violence for the sake of violence.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:37:24 PM

Lets be clear.

The cancer you are spreading is the specific type of ideology you have. It pretends to be based on religion, but it is rooted in violence for the sake of violence.

My wife is a Muslim who was born in a war zone. Her and her family are the most peaceful and loving people I know.  My issue is not with Islam, it is with the black banner which you are using as your avatar and what it represents.
Abou Talha

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:53:38 PM

Unfortunately, I can't speak English very well ; so I can't defend my choice as I want. But look at the american banner and what are doing the american government across the world : they have destroyed all the world. I'm not from ISIS, but I like the resistance.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:59:14 PM

Unfortunately, I can't speak English very well ; so I can't defend my choice as I want. But look at the american banner and what are doing the american government across the world : they have destroyed all the world. I'm not from ISIS, but I like the resistance.

I hate all violence.  Including US foreign policy.  Why not change your avatar to a peace symbol?

Abou Talha

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:03:45 PM

Lets be clear : I will never change my avatar.
Focus on servicenodes. I can't imagine where the price will go. Roll Eyes
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:19:55 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 02:31:25 PM by rhinomonkey

Hail Hydra

haha, why, those are the bad guys!

hmm i guess it depends on your point of view lol

America has done terrible things in the past under the guise of fighting for freedom and democracy. The flag was not made by ISIS. It was appropriated and hijacked by them, I think, in order to conflate religious ideals and their own violence specific ideals. So it really depends on your interpretation of the flag. However, the tagline "We will dominate the world" certainly would make it seem like Abou is a supporter of ISIS. If anything, the tagline is more of an issue than the flag.

Regardless of these things, I think this becoming an issue of scapegoating. This would have never come up had there not been turmoil within the project itself.

As an aside, and with all due respect towards Chaos, ceasing to work for a project because of a supporter is based in some terrible reasoning.
It is as if Steve Jobs quit making iPhones because a terrorist organization was using them for their purposes. Or as if Bitcoin core developers stopped developing Bitcoin because they didn't want certain people to use it. We live in a globalized world and unfortunately any number of associations can be made. I don't see people blaming Toyota for continuing to make Toyotas despite terrorist's using them...... And more importantly, there is no onus to do so!

For context:

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-isis-uses-toyota-trucks-2015-10

It is ultimately his decision of course but the reasoning, in my opinion, is not consistent.

Anyways, Abou, no one can force you to change your avatar/tagline. Although if reason as opposed to principle or stubbornness takes over, you may find it intelligent to do so. As you said your "unique goal with any investment is to make money," but right now your very being here seems to be in direct opposition to that goal.  Tongue

minerpage

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:21:35 PM

THIS IS AN ALT COIN THREAD. ALL OFF TOPIC CONVERSATIONS NEED TO MOVE ELSEWHERE!
Abou Talha

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:41:35 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 01:56:01 PM by Abou Talha

Certainly, Miss California. Wink

By the way, I've posted many times on IOTA thread, which is self-moderated, and David doesn't ban me.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:25:09 PM

That's why I haven't said anything in the past.

But, Chaos specifically noted that this guy was one of the main reasons for quitting, so it has become on topic, IMO.
Abou Talha

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:28:52 PM

I look at it like a last minute surprise party!
Good motivator!

Such a surprise ! The surprise party was me ! Cheesy
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:34:36 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 03:51:59 PM by rhinomonkey

Regardless of these things, I think this becoming an issue of scapegoating. This would have never come up had there not been turmoil within the project itself.

Firstly, I enjoy reading your contributions.

But....Turmoil?

We have some very defined and researched goals.  These happen to be really big goals, too.

1. Funding mechanism to encourage professional deployment of full bitcoin nodes.

2. Hosting multiple universal coins on a node and accessing their explorer.

3. Creating a decentralized exchange

4. Big data market to fund bitcoin nodes and possibly bitcoin miners.

Further down the track:

5. Instant bitcoin transactions facilitated by service nodes, using automated multi-sig contracts and the decentralised exchange - or possibly just enabling the lightning network.

6. Creating a decentralized version of Coinbase, subject to regulatory issues.

The turmoil you refer to is a communications issue. Georgem is a self-employed professional coder. He is not a hacker.  That means he is used to working on his own, jumping around from customer to customer; but producing top-notch stuff that doesn't break and exceeds expectations.

When a customer says jump to Georgem, he does just that, because that's how he gets paid.

The majority of the rest of the team, me included, work in teams delivering software systems and infrastructure. I'm involved in some of the largest projects in Europe. This type of delivery involves teams working together on a daily basis and in a structured way, to deadlines set by customers who are paying £millions for a specific type of service delivery model. This type of project team working involves meeting once a week to keep on planned timelines.  

So this is a cultural issue: lone star vs. software integrators; and seeing things from the others perspective is difficult. But it's not turmoil.

Chaos was pushed over the edge by violent ideology being allowed to exist, because that is what grown up intelligent people allow to happen in a free world. If Chaos was working for ISIS and said he wanted to quit, he would have been put into a cage, had petrol poured over him and set alight while being filmed for the benefit of the media.

I agree turmoil is a bit strong worded and I wrote that while I was just waking up, not to make excuses. I will see if I have anything more to add in a bit. I have to do something quick. I will edit this when I get the chance.

EDIT:

So yea, turmoil was a bit strong. But I don't think there isn't some turbulence. Or if there isn't, then there at least appears to be to outsiders not fully comprehending the dynamic of the team/project. You have cleared up my understanding of the dynamic of the team by describing it a bit more. But when I see Stone and Chaos both leave, both of whom seemed to be staunch supporters, I can't help but question if there are worrisome things going on behind the scenes. Of course Chaositec's reasons are not due to a lack of confidence, but Stone's are. Sometimes the bigger picture gets washed away in short term doubt but I don't think Stone's leaving can just be brushed off as nothing. Is the pursuit of the team's coherence not a worthy one? Or am I missing something fundamental about a team of developers that makes this not an important pursuit...?

To change that question and to be more specific, why are you and Georgem so nonchalant about Stone's leaving? I'm rather sad to see him go, especially since he was the one who initially sparked my interest in the project.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 02:37:19 PM

The core update is becoming more and more critical, especially with the release of 0.12.0.

Maybe this should be a bounty?

I think Georgem wants to do the update, but it's quite a lot of work so I'm all for looking to get some extra support while the focus is kept on SNs.

The update to Core 13 (yes, by the time we've updated we'll be at 13) can happen in the background and merged into SPR later this year.

I've looked into the "Notable changes" of the last few bitcoin versions.

I don't think that we should always incorporate "everything" that bitcoin adds to their codebase.

We should be a little picky and implement a few of the important things, but not everything.

Not every BIP that has been included into a recent bitcoin version is automatically also good for spreadcoin.

Sure, if an altcoin is basically an exact copy of bitcoin just with slightly changed parameters, then it would be ok for them to always keep uptodate with the newest bitcoin codebase.

But we are already pretty much doing our own thing, and this will only increase with the introduction of UBA, Servicenodes etc...

BTW, while working on the upcoming testnet version I've naturally started to implement a few of the past improvements that happened in bitcoin,
forexample ‘headers-first synchronization’ from v.0.10.

It's also much easier for me to do isolated improvements like this, instead of trying to merge a complete bitcoin version with spreadcoin.
At some point this is even an impossible thing to do, because .... well... we are NOT bitcoin!

I'll inform you guys in more detail about this soon!

georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 02:41:31 PM

Care to elaborate?

5am where you are and you're asking me to make things clearer?

That can only mean one thing....you're in the secret bunker with Mr.Spread working on the progress update report.

Yep, burning the midnight oil again, these days.
Let's keep the discussion about big data going.
When I come here to the forum in my free time, I want to discuss things like that, not violent factions of islam, lol!  Grin

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:45:59 PM

Lets be clear.

My wife is a Muslim who was born in a war zone. Her and her family are the most peaceful and loving people I know.  My issue is not with Islam, it is with the black banner which you are using as your avatar and what it represents.

There's nothing wrong with what he believes in the eyes of Islam, as it calls for everything they do in its name.

He is a "true" Muslim that follows the word of the Quran to the most literal meaning.

If you don't believe in sharia law, you arnt a real Muslim...plenty of Christians out there that don't follow the bible.

Screw Islam
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:46:21 PM

When I come here to the forum in my free time, I want to discuss things like that, not violent factions of islam, lol!  Grin

fify
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:56:04 PM

So this is a cultural issue: lone star vs. software integrators; and seeing things from the others perspective is difficult. But it's not turmoil.

16 years of experience managing large IT projects says that projects with one lone star refusing to collaborate with his team always ends up with some level of failure whether that mean total failure or a compromise on quality and benefits.
minerpage

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:00:40 PM

That's why I haven't said anything in the past.

But, Chaos specifically noted that this guy was one of the main reasons for quitting, so it has become on topic, IMO.

Yes, that was on topic, I was referring to other postings
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: