Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:54:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790359 times)
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 01:54:17 AM

Doesn't look like a Service Node to me... guess I'm in the wrong forum  Grin

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:00:53 AM

So unfortunately I had to go back to (5) video cards per rig.  My system kept having driver crashes.  I keep reading that people are running (6) gpu's on a motherboard.  I tried all weekend and could not get it stable.  As soon as I went back to (5) per board all was right with the world.  Weird.  Anyone else have any luck running (6) gpus on a motherboard with Windows 10 Pro - all EVGA Gtx 970's - EVGA 1300 Watt G2 PSU.  All usb powered risers.  Just curious.  Thanks - pokeytex

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 10:00:00 AM

So unfortunately I had to go back to (5) video cards per rig.  My system kept having driver crashes.  I keep reading that people are running (6) gpu's on a motherboard.  I tried all weekend and could not get it stable.  As soon as I went back to (5) per board all was right with the world.  Weird.  Anyone else have any luck running (6) gpus on a motherboard with Windows 10 Pro - all EVGA Gtx 970's - EVGA 1300 Watt G2 PSU.  All usb powered risers.  Just curious.  Thanks - pokeytex

Apparently for some reason only 5 of the 980/980Ti cards work in one rig but 970s should be fine. There was a lot of discussion about it in the ccminer sp-mod thread around here (no solution yet):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826901.11860

I only use a maximum of 5 x 970 (with some OC) per 1300W rig (or 4 x 970 + 2 x 750 Ti) to be on the safe side and I don't like pushing PSUs to their limit 24/7 and I haven't even tried 6 x 970 in the same rig but I migth experiment with it later.

Not your keys, not your coins!
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:53:34 AM

Doesn't look like a Service Node to me... guess I'm in the wrong forum  Grin

I think you are missing the point!

The 6 month strategy is take advantage of the Ethereum going to POS; when thousands of AMD GPUs owners' hashpower re-appears.

They will be looking for another crypto to mine as long term investment and store in their wallets. This could easily quadruple Spreadcoins' wallet holders, which is essentially equates too lot's of long-term investors needed to build up a network.

The current public sgminer is really rubbish. So, if you get it right, Ethereum POS, could be really good news for Spreadcoin as long as mining software is better then what is available for other GPU cryptos.

Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:25:49 PM

The best way forward would be to change the algo to dagger hashimoto and simply move over the changes made from x11 to spread into dagger hashimoto.

Why?
Memory hard algos are VASTLY superior to compute algos.

- they consume way less electricity (green technology)
- aglo code optimizations are less important due to the memory interface bottleneck (no elite coder needed)
- that same bottleneck makes a large variety of consumer hardware "on par" (more everyday people, more distribution)
- asic resistance is VERY high with this one (therefore again better distribution)

Imo only a multi algo approach would beat that or maybe the Burst algo !! which even beats this one.

Smiley

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:17:09 PM

It would be major waste of time to move algo, when you have unique algorithm like the spread algo.

Because, this algo is unique to Spread, it has real longevity with regards to ASIC resistance, because the manufacturing risk for producing mining equipment for an algo that is unique to one crypto is pretty epic, where a hard fork to occur; the manufacturer would sitting on 100% losses.

Secondly, many people who mine Dagger, are planning to sell their AMD GPU's on, when it goes to POS. It will, literally, be raining 390's, 380's, 370's later this year on eBay.

This is what's happen in past; a lot of AMD GPU owners factored this into their intentions.

Only AMD owners, who are genuine crypto enthusiasts will keep their GPU's.

Those guy's, are pretty flexible about switching to a different algo.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:31:16 PM

It would be major waste of time to move algo, when you have unique algorithm like the spread algo.

Because, this algo is unique to Spread, it has real longevity with regards to ASIC resistance, because the manufacturing risk for producing mining equipment for an algo that is unique to one crypto is pretty epic, where a hard fork to occur; the manufacturer would sitting on 100% losses.

Secondly, many people who mine Dagger, are planning to sell their AMD GPU's on, when it goes to POS. It will, literally, be raining 390's, 380's, 370's later this year on eBay.

This is what's happen in past; a lot of AMD GPU owners factored this into their intentions.

Only AMD owners, who are genuine crypto enthusiasts will keep their GPU's.

Those guy's, are pretty flexible about switching to a different algo.

those guys are usually sitting on almost free electricity, so they don't care much about the algo and the profit, everything is profitable for them even $0.5 per gpu is profitable for those people...

amd guys will surely not touch this, because last time i checked there is not an optimized miner for this, nvidia is the king here, too bad it's not profitable right now, at least not on par with other coin...
Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 06:18:55 AM

I don't know what the EVGA cards are set to, but even with the stock TDP, that's getting real close to 1000W at full load for 6 of those.  I'm guessing you're hitting the stable limit of your PSU.  I've always bought 650-1000w PSUs and just either shared the power connectors with the neighboring rig since they're on all the time, or used a dual psu adapter to power the 2nd psu. 

I wouldn't want to run 1100+ on a 1300w PSU all the time.  Little over 900 I'd be comfortable with, but not much more.  You could always try dropping the power limit in afterburner or underclocking them and see if it's stable, but definitely look into supplying more power if you're serious.
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:49:16 AM

I don't know what the EVGA cards are set to, but even with the stock TDP, that's getting real close to 1000W at full load for 6 of those.  I'm guessing you're hitting the stable limit of your PSU.  I've always bought 650-1000w PSUs and just either shared the power connectors with the neighboring rig since they're on all the time, or used a dual psu adapter to power the 2nd psu. 

I wouldn't want to run 1100+ on a 1300w PSU all the time.  Little over 900 I'd be comfortable with, but not much more.  You could always try dropping the power limit in afterburner or underclocking them and see if it's stable, but definitely look into supplying more power if you're serious.

Actually I was a little suspicious of that as well.  I was using the 80% rule - 80% of 1300 watts = 1040 watts.  I was coming in right around that on the watt meter when I had all (6) cards installed.  I will stick with (5) cards per rig right now since I just purchased these PSU's.  Thank you for the confirmation though.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:50:20 AM

Quick question regarding importing the private key.  I recently had a wallet crash and had to rebuild the blockchain.  I imported my private key and now my balance doesn't show correct.  What is the command to get your balance back?  repairwallet and checkwallet do not work?

georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 12:27:41 PM

Quick question regarding importing the private key.  I recently had a wallet crash and had to rebuild the blockchain.  I imported my private key and now my balance doesn't show correct.  What is the command to get your balance back?  repairwallet and checkwallet do not work?

reindex.

If the error persists I would download a fresh blockchain.

Does your imported SPR address show up in your list at all?
You have to first check if the key import worked correctly, and then check if the balance is right.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:30:59 PM

Quick question regarding importing the private key.  I recently had a wallet crash and had to rebuild the blockchain.  I imported my private key and now my balance doesn't show correct.  What is the command to get your balance back?  repairwallet and checkwallet do not work?

reindex.

If the error persists I would download a fresh blockchain.

Does your imported SPR address show up in your list at all?

Yes but only 1/3 of my mined coins are visible.  What is the command to reindex?

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 12:50:59 PM

Yes but only 1/3 of my mined coins are visible.  What is the command to reindex?

Only works with daemon:

spreadcoind -reindex

If this fails I suggest you erase all blockchain data (except ofcourse your wallet.dat and conf file) and let your wallet create a chain from scratch.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:53:37 AM

Yes but only 1/3 of my mined coins are visible.  What is the command to reindex?

Only works with daemon:

spreadcoind -reindex

If this fails I suggest you erase all blockchain data (except ofcourse your wallet.dat and conf file) and let your wallet create a chain from scratch.

Ok - I tried the spreadcoin -reindex command with no luck.  Then i deleted everything except the wallet.dat and the .conf file.  I reloaded the blockchain with the same error.  As soon as I go to operate my wallet I get the runtime error.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Pokeytex

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:31:28 AM

Only works with daemon:

spreadcoind -reindex

@Georgem do you have a bootstrap to help this re-indexing along?  I seem to have around 15000 SPR that I can not get to.  I have tried the reindex, txindex=1, verify, new wallet - import privkey, and resync blockchain.  Nothing works.  When I load the old wallet I can see the SPR sitting there however when I go to transfer or consolidate I get the runtime error as shown in the previous post.  My wallet only recognized around 7900 SPR.  I have been mining it for a couple months now.  Do you think it is possible I have been mining a wrong chain?

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 01:42:20 PM

Only works with daemon:

spreadcoind -reindex

@Georgem do you have a bootstrap to help this re-indexing along?  I seem to have around 15000 SPR that I can not get to.  I have tried the reindex, txindex=1, verify, new wallet - import privkey, and resync blockchain.  Nothing works.  When I load the old wallet I can see the SPR sitting there however when I go to transfer or consolidate I get the runtime error as shown in the previous post.  My wallet only recognized around 7900 SPR.  I have been mining it for a couple months now.  Do you think it is possible I have been mining a wrong chain?

It should work automatically, so I think the bug might be in your wallet or something happened during the mining process.

Let's narrow it down:

1) what software did you use for mining?
2) did you mine to the same SPR address always? Or every block its own address?

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 05:05:50 PM

Only works with daemon:

spreadcoind -reindex

@Georgem do you have a bootstrap to help this re-indexing along?  I seem to have around 15000 SPR that I can not get to.  I have tried the reindex, txindex=1, verify, new wallet - import privkey, and resync blockchain.  Nothing works.  When I load the old wallet I can see the SPR sitting there however when I go to transfer or consolidate I get the runtime error as shown in the previous post.  My wallet only recognized around 7900 SPR.  I have been mining it for a couple months now.  Do you think it is possible I have been mining a wrong chain?

It should work automatically, so I think the bug might be in your wallet or something happened during the mining process.

Let's narrow it down:

Ok - I am using SP mod #9 and yes it appears that there is a different address for each mined block

Curious - how do you make it mine to only one address?

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3516

born once atheist

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:47:51 PM

fyi
ive been mining spread for past 6 months and it all goes to same address.
im using an old wallet version 0.9.15.1 (pre-vanity address thingy)
and the "default" spreadminer

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 03:52:06 AM

Only works with daemon:

spreadcoind -reindex

@Georgem do you have a bootstrap to help this re-indexing along?  I seem to have around 15000 SPR that I can not get to.  I have tried the reindex, txindex=1, verify, new wallet - import privkey, and resync blockchain.  Nothing works.  When I load the old wallet I can see the SPR sitting there however when I go to transfer or consolidate I get the runtime error as shown in the previous post.  My wallet only recognized around 7900 SPR.  I have been mining it for a couple months now.  Do you think it is possible I have been mining a wrong chain?

Let's narrow it down:

Ok - I am using SP mod #9 and yes it appears that there is a different address for each mined block

Bad news mate. If every block you mined has a different address and you do not keep the exact wallet.dat they were mined to they are lost.
If you want to mine to the same address - put a line in spreadcoin.conf with a line like that:
Code:
miningprivkey=xxxxXXdesired-address-priv-keyXXxx
That is also very NOT secure. If your SPR server's security is breached and the spreadcoin.conf file is accessed maliciously you are done (your address I mean).
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3516

born once atheist

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:58:17 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2016, 01:09:38 AM by sirazimuth

Only works with daemon:

spreadcoind -reindex

Let's narrow it down:

Bad news mate. If every block you mined has a different address and you do not keep the exact wallet.dat they were mined to they are lost.
If you want to mine to the same address - put a line in spreadcoin.conf with a line like that:
Code:
miningprivkey=xxxxXXdesired-address-priv-keyXXxx
That is also very NOT secure. If your SPR server's security is breached and the spreadcoin.conf file is accessed maliciously you are done (your address I mean).

yup. thats exactly how I've set up my spreadcoin.conf file.
yeah, I suppose if I were to be hacked I'd be out a dollar or 2.
but so far, my "penny jar" hasnt been attacked   (knock on wood)
apparently hackers are more interested in 3.5 million
ethereum DAO tokens or some such thing  Grin Grin

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: