Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:02:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:34:50 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2016, 11:59:41 AM by thevictimofuktyranny

Next, I would remind everyone, who does not live in UK - the macro economic environment has already benefited from the BREXIT vote.

For 7 years, the government has been circulating misleading economic data to the voters.

Within 7 days of BREXIT vote, George Osborne has already jettisoned some of this misleading economic data e.g. there would be budget surplus in 2019.

The actual UK macro economic reality is:

Median Average Salary in 2008 was £27,460

Median Average Salary in 2016 is £27,600.

Inflation has averaged 1.5% for the same time period.

In real terms, the Median Average Salary should be: £30,500.

This is in "real terms" a 11% deterioration governments tax revenues.

Because the overall tax take, from direct and indirect taxes is around 40%, the deterioration Median Average Salaries represents an ongoing and persistent cause for national Budget Deficits.

Therefore, there was never any possibility of Budget Surplus in 2019, even when the chancellor got up and announced it a few years ago.

As the English would say: "it was pie in sky" (nonsense).

Too get another, Budget Surplus, in the future or more importantly prevent a further deterioration, the UK needs wage inflation matching the inflation rate.

Reducing immigration will produce wage inflation and guarantee current governmental expenditures on social, military and infrastructure programs is maintained.  

BREXIT was the only game, that could stabilise or halt the deterioration in "real terms" declines in governmental revenues.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:22:44 PM

threads gotten interesting. too bad its off topic!
sok tho, not complaining.
i actually learned something about Brexit. i confess i was clueless about it not a month ago.
Carry on then chaps.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:49:18 AM

In all seriousness, we can take the rug from under the DASH dream with a Bitcoin paid node model. Let's not let that slip away.

Amen. Gonna short DASH when SNs arrive  Tongue

JK, would rather just go all in on SPR at that point.

BTW I received my desktop computer, but unfortunately don't have access to everything bc the guy who gave it to me lost the Admin password for windows. Is there a way to reboot the computer from an Ubuntu build or something (I'd rather not pay for another Windows key) and then set up the SPR miner?

yes to both ...

most linux distros have live noot from cd / dvd . usb or the like ... but easier to just buy a small sdd ( like a 120gb kingston v300 - very cheap now ) and just install a fresh copy of linux ...

#crysx

Oh, cool that's a pretty simple solution. I'll get the one you recommended - it looks like it's only 40 dollars or so!

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:25:40 AM

Next, I would remind everyone, who does not live in UK - the macro economic environment has already benefited from the BREXIT vote.

For 7 years, the government has been circulating misleading economic data to the voters.

Within 7 days of BREXIT vote, George Osborne has already jettisoned some of this misleading economic data e.g. there would be budget surplus in 2019.

The actual UK macro economic reality is:

Median Average Salary in 2008 was £27,460

Median Average Salary in 2016 is £27,600.

Inflation has averaged 1.5% for the same time period.

In real terms, the Median Average Salary should be: £30,500.

This is in "real terms" a 11% deterioration governments tax revenues.

Because the overall tax take, from direct and indirect taxes is around 40%, the deterioration Median Average Salaries represents an ongoing and persistent cause for national Budget Deficits.

Therefore, there was never any possibility of Budget Surplus in 2019, even when the chancellor got up and announced it a few years ago.

As the English would say: "it was pie in sky" (nonsense).

Too get another, Budget Surplus, in the future or more importantly prevent a further deterioration, the UK needs wage inflation matching the inflation rate.

Reducing immigration will produce wage inflation and guarantee current governmental expenditures on social, military and infrastructure programs is maintained.  

BREXIT was the only game, that could stabilise or halt the deterioration in "real terms" declines in governmental revenues.

Meaningless when the backdrop is a major finacial shock.

Wage inflation was happening anyway because the minimum wage went up by 7.5% from April this year.

Now financial services which account for 25% of GDP and bank roll the work shy are being threatened by loss of passporting rights, with Paris and Frankfurt which are seeing an opportunity to steal trade from London.

Brexit negotiations will not happen. As soon as the UK gives official notice to quit Europe, there will be a wall of silence for 2 years until the UK drops out.

The City is the gateway to Europe. Soon London is going to be gateway to Grimsby. Let's hope fishing can replace the City of London.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:22:45 PM

Point one you said "Meaningless when the backdrop is a major finacial shock"

IN MACRO ECONOMICS, A FINANCIAL SHOCK HAS TO EXIST FOR MORE THAN 1 QUARTER.

You simply made this claim up, because you thought it sounded impressive.  Grin

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 12:33:15 PM

In all seriousness, we can take the rug from under the DASH dream with a Bitcoin paid node model. Let's not let that slip away.

Amen. Gonna short DASH when SNs arrive  Tongue

JK, would rather just go all in on SPR at that point.

BTW I received my desktop computer, but unfortunately don't have access to everything bc the guy who gave it to me lost the Admin password for windows. Is there a way to reboot the computer from an Ubuntu build or something (I'd rather not pay for another Windows key) and then set up the SPR miner?

yes to both ...

most linux distros have live noot from cd / dvd . usb or the like ... but easier to just buy a small sdd ( like a 120gb kingston v300 - very cheap now ) and just install a fresh copy of linux ...

#crysx

Oh, cool that's a pretty simple solution. I'll get the one you recommended - it looks like it's only 40 dollars or so!

yup ...

and its quite fast ...

as long as you dont flood the drive with rubbish - there is more than enough room for the os and all the software you need to compile and run ...

i use fedora 23 x64 - but thats because im a redhat guy ...

you can make it dual boot if you really want to keep it later on ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:43:17 PM

Point two you said "Wage inflation was happening anyway because the minimum wage went up by 7.5% from April this year"

The Median Average Salary was £27,480 in 2008 and it is £27,600 in 2016. According to inflation calculations is should be £30,500 in 2016.

You simply have not read original post Grin
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:54:09 PM

Point three you said "Now financial services which account for 25% of GDP"

The Financial Service Sector is about 13-14% of the UK economy

You simply quote an incorrect figure here Grin

This UK economy has successfully operated (in the past) and had much better GDP growth when the Financial Sector was smaller 8%, 10%, 12%, etc.

It can be argued: economies with smaller Financial Sector deliver better GDP growth, than economies with oversized Financial Sectors Grin

This is because, economies with oversized Financial Sectors have high levels of speculative pumps and dumps. Equally, it produces an over emphasis in short-term share and bond yields, which hampers business and entrepreneurial efforts  Grin
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:59:16 PM

Point four you said "bank roll the work shy are being threatened by loss of passporting rights,"

This is clearly not macro economic argument, but merely an argument based on prejudices.

As they say: each person has their own unique and personalised self-motivational bigotries Grin

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:05:37 PM

Point five you said "Paris and Frankfurt which are seeing an opportunity to steal trade from London"

Fraternity is: "the rights of competitor to compete in an environment free of murder, torture, drugging, harassment, theft".

Even though the EU does not adhere to principles of "Fraternity".

Those centres have been competing with the UK for decades, they are not stealing anything, but merely continuing their competition Grin
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:21:13 PM

Point six you said "Brexit negotiations will not happen. As soon as the UK gives official notice to quit Europe, there will be a wall of silence for 2 years until the UK drops out"

The UK has a Net Trade Deficit with EU of £6-£10 billion each month or around £72-£120 billion per annum (it goes up down all the time).

Simply put: where there to be no BREXIT negotiations, everything defaults to WTO tariff taxation of 10%.

Naturally, this would generate extra tax receipts revenue of £6-£10 per annum, when combined with WTO Tariff Rebate Scheme for major UK exporters to EU, which means UK goods would not become more expensive to EU consumers. 
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:33:14 PM

Point seven you said "The City is the gateway to Europe. Soon London is going to be gateway to Grimsby. Let's hope fishing can replace the City of London."

Before, the UK joined the EU in 1975, fishing was a major part of UK economy and it also contained large numbers of jobs in secondary support industries.

When Fishing went into decline, the UK's ship-building sector went into decline. Therefore, the total losses have been much greater than immediate losses in the Fishing Sector.  

These were well paid jobs, where nicely distributed outside London and Southeast.

If, the Fishing Sector could recover to somewhere near it's pre-EU size, it would be very helpful in re-balancing the economy and yielding better economic performance in Northern England and Scotland.

There could, also, be indirect recovery in shipbuilding sector in the UK.

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:03:53 PM

Getting Back Onto Topic:

I was looking on: http://coinmarketcap.com/

Although, Spreadcoin is found under a search function.

It does not show up on the 2nd page as the 170 biggest Alt Coin, in terms of Market Capitalisation.

Perhaps, someone could email them, to get it to show up automatically on the 2nd page, because it will not show up on the "Trending" page either, when there is a big rise in price.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:20:41 PM

Point seven you said "The City is the gateway to Europe. Soon London is going to be gateway to Grimsby. Let's hope fishing can replace the City of London."

Before, the UK joined the EU in 1975, fishing was a major part of UK economy and it also contained large numbers of jobs in secondary support industries.

When Fishing went into decline, the UK's ship-building sector went into decline. Therefore, the total losses have been much greater than immediate losses in the Fishing Sector.  

These were well paid jobs, where nicely distributed outside London and Southeast.

If, the Fishing Sector could recover to somewhere near it's pre-EU size, it would be very helpful in re-balancing the economy and yielding better economic performance in Northern England and Scotland.

I like your optimism, but from my window I've already lost £200k in asset value following Brexit. Project Fear has already turned to Project Fact.

The Leave without a plan camp are stabbing each other in the back and their promises have already been shown to be fairy tales.

Still, if Georgem releases working ServiceNodes I'll call it quits.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:20:42 PM

I like your optimism, but from my window I've already lost £200k in asset value following Brexit. Project Fear has already turned to Project Fact.

The Leave without a plan camp are stabbing each other in the back and their promises have already been shown to be fairy tales.

Still, if Georgem releases working ServiceNodes I'll call it quits.

What you are taking about the is the Opinion Poll companies in the UK getting it wrong.

From what I understand: they were all re-weighting their samples to show the "Remain" campaign lead, when a lot of raw data was showing the "Leave" campaign was in the lead.

I understand, people doing volatile investments and political gamblers relying on those Opinion Polls lost a lot of money on the outcome of the referendum.

I've got family relations: who lost £20,000 on the 2015 General Election, because (AGAIN) they used the UK Opinion Polls, whose forecasts were wrong.

I don't gamble, myself Grin

When doing volatile investments or political bets, relying on UK Opinion Poll companies is becoming a one way ticket to losing lots of money.
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 01:49:36 PM

London is a financial capital of the world and will stay so.

Launch the Service Nodes and sell it as a FinTech instrument (which it is).

Rather sooner than later though, timing is everything  Grin

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 03:03:02 PM

I like how diverse everybody's opinions about the brexit are.

I will give my own another time, right now I'm too occupied with coding.  Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:35:58 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2016, 05:56:42 PM by sirazimuth

Point one you said "Meaningless when the backdrop is a major finacial shock"

IN MACRO ECONOMICS, A FINANCIAL SHOCK HAS TO EXIST FOR MORE THAN 1 QUARTER.

You simply made this claim up, because you thought it sounded impressive.  Grin

Point two you said "Wage inflation was happening anyway because the minimum wage went up by 7.5% from April this year"

The Median Average Salary was £27,480 in 2008 and it is £27,600 in 2016. According to inflation calculations is should be £30,500 in 2016.

You simply have not read original post Grin

Point three you said "Now financial services which account for 25% of GDP"

The Financial Service Sector is about 13-14% of the UK economy

You simply quote an incorrect figure here Grin

This UK economy has successfully operated (in the past) and had much better GDP growth when the Financial Sector was smaller 8%, 10%, 12%, etc.

It can be argued: economies with smaller Financial Sector deliver better GDP growth, than economies with oversized Financial Sectors Grin

This is because, economies with oversized Financial Sectors have high levels of speculative pumps and dumps. Equally, it produces an over emphasis in short-term share and bond yields, which hampers business and entrepreneurial efforts  Grin

Point four you said "bank roll the work shy are being threatened by loss of passporting rights,"

This is clearly not macro economic argument, but merely an argument based on prejudices.

As they say: each person has their own unique and personalised self-motivational bigotries Grin

Point five you said "Paris and Frankfurt which are seeing an opportunity to steal trade from London"

Fraternity is: "the rights of competitor to compete in an environment free of murder, torture, drugging, harassment, theft".

Even though the EU does not adhere to principles of "Fraternity".

Those centres have been competing with the UK for decades, they are not stealing anything, but merely continuing their competition Grin

Point six you said "Brexit negotiations will not happen. As soon as the UK gives official notice to quit Europe, there will be a wall of silence for 2 years until the UK drops out"

The UK has a Net Trade Deficit with EU of £6-£10 billion each month or around £72-£120 billion per annum (it goes up down all the time).

Simply put: where there to be no BREXIT negotiations, everything defaults to WTO tariff taxation of 10%.

Naturally, this would generate extra tax receipts revenue of £6-£10 per annum, when combined with WTO Tariff Rebate Scheme for major UK exporters to EU, which means UK goods would not become more expensive to EU consumers.

i'll go out on a limb here and say you voted "Leave"  Cheesy

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:20:03 PM

I like how diverse everybody's opinions about the brexit are.

I will give my own another time, right now I'm too occupied with coding.  Cool

Read as: ANARCHY!  Wink

georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 06:34:04 PM

Read as: ANARCHY!  Wink

Yep, that's my second favorite word, right after FREEDOM!

BTW, here's some wisdom that popped into my mind while thinking about decentralization:

Centralization makes abuse of power easier,
while decentralization makes freedom easier.

Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: