Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:05:42 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 06:59:52 AM by TPTB_need_war

It's been clear to me by my reading if the news that for quite a while now traditional institutions have been laughing at us because of our miserable 2-3 TX/'s bottleneck.

Bitcoin can in theory give them very high Txs/sec (and Txs/block) by centralizing the mining onto to higher powered miners.

They may not care when that centralization leads to mandatory KYC tags for all transactions on the block chain due to regulatory capture of hosted mining.

Some other individuals will care about privacy and be pissed off that Bitcoin became another fiat, and they will leave to coin that can remain decentralized and anonymous.

Similarly, because 95% has been mined, I am not so sure that people will use bitcoin over an altcoin as a means of p2p transfer. It's supply in 2024 will be far too small to facilitate hundreds of million of people buying in to actually use it. Because by 2024, either the legacy rail has taken over and bitcoin is far too expensive relative to it's supply OR, it will not have happened and bitcoin will be worth nothing. Perhaps this is too simplistic an argument to make, but 10 years is not actually very long.

It didnt use to concern me, but it does now.

Unless they are given BTC loans. The masses have always used leveraged money (fractional reserves) and not real money, because the capitalists have all the real money.

The real game here is not changing whether the masses will use leveraged money. (nothing will ever change that)

It is the game of protecting the (knowledge age) capitalists from the State (industrial age capitalists+masses).

I have argued that a Knowledge Age is replacing the Industrial Age and the age of high fixed capital is being replaced by active knowledge. Knowledge capitalists don't want to be dictated to by a State because it is incompatible with knowledge production.

I'll be impressed if your solution can operate with less than 100% degradation under a situation where all global (and regional) internet infrastructure providers are highly incentivized to attack it to oblivion and do so with vigor.  A related assumption is that the U.S. NSA or a like replacement 'owns the net' and their analytical abilities of traffic down to the individual packet level are very high.

Your (or A) solution does not need to perform in such an extreme environment indefinitely but it must have a realistic potential to hold out for a period of years.

These threats are not at all far fetched to my way of thinking.  A solution which cannot deal with them is simply not very interesting of valuable to me.  If we don't see such an environment it means that mainstream solutions continue to work more or less as they do now, and to me they work just fine.  I'm interested in how to deal with a world in which they do not.

If you assume that, then just stop now and shoot yourself. Game over. We will sink into a Dark Age and everything will be expropriated.

I assume mankind wants to fight when given the tools to do so.

The system the bastards rely on doesn't run without the knowledge capitalists. We run their system.

If even a few % of us start working on an ecosystem of solutions, they are toast.

They must obscure any takedown as DDoS or hackers, because if they simply filter data on the internet backbones, this will be a clear signal to the hackers that we've entered a war of totalitarianism. If they overtly declare war on hackerdom, they will lose and they know it.

So instead it will be proxy battle.

There is a reason they didn't let the Silkroad sites establish a following. Because once knowledge age capitalists taste freedom to profit and innovate, they don't stop innovating new ways to achieve it.

Once you build an ecosystem around true anonymity, the bastards can never put the cat bag in the bag.

Notice the gradual effort to turn Bitcoin into NWOcoin. They can't be too overt. They will go overt against a supreme threat to hegemony such as anonymous drug markets on Tor hidden servers.

So any counter-effort must be sufficiently disguised as a lower-level threat initially. And there must be a plan to enable a "force-field" protection before going to the overt threat stage.

That "force field" can entirely nullify DDoS, Sybil attacks and even make it impossible to find the nodes involved. So then when the protocol is encrypted and the "force field" is on, the bastards are toast.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 02:13:23 PM

That "force field" can entirely nullify DDoS, Sybil attacks and even make it impossible to find the nodes involved. So then when the protocol is encrypted and the "force field" is on, the bastards are toast.

Is anyone working on this? And where do I find more info if it is available?

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:55:10 PM

Aren't gold and oil sidechains of the dollar?  Wink

No they are altcoins.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 06:07:05 PM

Depends how many concessions you want to make to your definition of fungible. I can more easily move between BTC to Monero than from a sidechain to BTC. And I would gain more privacy if I just left it on the opaque chain and never worried about making a few early adopters billionaires instead of keeping my data my data. This game's rigged to make fools jump through hoops to get the e-cash they wanted but will never achieve as long as privacy isn't the core of the solution. The rush to force BTC down everyone's throats isn't about "network efffect" it's about getting a second rate e-cash as the standard before anyone has the good sense to say, "This isn't anything like cash and it's even worse than the money the banks brewed up in their lab, because at least that money had to jump a few international hurdles before it leered into our lives."

minor-transgression

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:01:36 PM

@TPTBNW - "Bitcoin became another fiat" - that cannot happen because Bitcoin is money.
"We will sink into a Dark Age and everything will be expropriated." - a little understated, but true.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/uk-government-backed-scientific-model-flags-risk-of-civilisation-s-collapse-by-2040-4d121e455997
"For the first time, then, we know that in private, British and US government
agencies are taking seriously longstanding scientific data showing that a
business-as-usual trajectory will likely lead to civilisational collapse within
a few decades - generating multiple near-term global disruptions along the way."

Be careful what you wish for.

Suppose you have incredible foresight, and trade the markets, particularly the
US Markets from an unremarkable domestic location in the UK. You have incredible
Capital Gains: how long before you attract the Deep State's interest?
Say 50 percent gain in 10 days? 100 percent in 20 days? 1000 percent in two months?
More? Less? BTW, have you declared your Capital Gains on your Bitcoin?

The Deep State only needs to ask and you could be detained indefinitely for extradition
to the USA pending discovery of whatever just for "being good at your job",
as N Saro claims. Then you face a choice of plea bargaining while in a for-profit
incarceration, maybe, after seven years as in the case of Martin Armstrong.

I'm all for anonymity, and for "free" money, and I believe that when it is generally
understood that there is no way out of this, the right decisions will be made. Until
then, be aware that privacy and anonymity and honesty are not enough.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:09:23 PM

It's already implemented and in operation right now, but it is impossible for you to find it. -facepalm-
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:13:08 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 11:56:28 PM by TPTB_need_war

It's already implemented and in operation right now, but it is impossible for you to find it. -facepalm-

Haha, clever. Of course such a "force field" could be identified yet it doesn't follow that just because the "force field" can be identified, then it can be necessarily attacked. Realize again there is safety in large enough numbers, but only when those masses can't be bribed to do the wrong thing (e.g. as democracy does).

Anything that is entirely impossible to find under any possible means would need to have infinite entropy thus by-definition does not exist. But that does not mean a practical hiding of the nodes can't exist within a "force field" that can't be deconstructed due to its smart-mass. Tor and I2P are attempts but I think they can be Sybil attacked. And hidden Tor servers have been unmasked by the Feds by the 100s (possibly using out-of-band methods which are not Tor's fault or perhaps indeed Sybil attacking the relay nodes and other correlation methods).

I am working on it. In fact, I already described it in a public thread. I will not link to it again. I already did upthread.  Tongue

Smooth is apparently being facetious as he is not convinced my idea can work.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:28:37 PM

I'm not convinced it can work nor that it can't.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:57:21 PM

I'm not convinced it can work nor that it can't.

Thanks. That would be my same opinion about Monero. Fair.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:12:46 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 01:30:55 AM by TPTB_need_war

if Bitcoin were to have failed, it would have done it by now.

Depends on what the goal was.

For me the goal was 1) censorship-freedom money aka permission-less commerce, and 2) immutable protocol enforced rules including money supply.

Bitcoin has already failed at #2, because the protocol is being changed now. And this proves it can be changed in any way that the masses can be fooled to support.

And #1 failure is just around the corner.

Peter R,

distributed != decentralization

You assume the former provides the latter.

I can't see a future with less than a thousand or so nodes.

I don't buy the "centralization" fears related to increased blocksize.

Because you don't factor in the government's ease of regulating 1000 permanently sited nodes compared to zillions of ephemeral nodes in a truly decentralized system.

Imagine that every major research university runs a full node. If you were this "scary, monolithic government" that you seem to fear, how would you go about controlling the software that scientists are running in their cryptocurrency labs?

Are you really serious asking that?

Yes.  And you didn't answer.  Specifically, how would you achieve this (remember, there are research universities in numerous legal jurisdictions and in order to be effective you have to control nodes at a lot of them)?

Observe and watch the G20 and world government take form (very slowly like death by a 1000 paper cuts). It will be sight to behold. Like a "1000 points of light" as Grandady Bush put it.

You continue to it oblivious and naive one.

perhaps.  then a different solution will be made.  key thing about Bitcoin is that there are legions of smart, talented ppl working on it now with even more to come.

And legions of developers working to give us alternatives.

Luckily pegged side chains will make that a reality so we can ignore you.

That's OK. Then we just cut back.

I'd rather try than not try at all.

Doubling block size every 2 years is cancer.

A closer match to SV40

A medical doctor who never understood the exponential function. On the Nth day the Lily pads covered 50% of the pond, so Cypherdoc proclaimed we had time to cut back, then we woke up and the pond was smothered. WTF? The exponential function.

And the only way he can keep that promise is to become a dictator. We'll at least their intentions are now mathematically inviolable.

You still didn't answer.

I answered. Oblivious, naive ones don't see it as an answer.

Did he bother to watch that video of the Chinese mine I posted earlier today?

He's a disinformation agent.

Got to love that propaganda that China is not fully on board the NWO plans. (even if not, that the G20 couldn't filter traffic from China that didn't comply)

You protest much. Why? Trying to mind control the readers?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:42:06 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 06:34:03 AM by TPTB_need_war

Just wow.  I lacked the ability and interest to think up such stuff.

I lacked the cryptographic depth to dream up C.T., but I added to what they invented in terms of the consensus network. So yes we are all working hard towards fixing the shit you see happening now.

But I can't say I am working with any of them at this time. But the time may come soon...

my, such anger.

I don't do anger very much, but I will admit to being fairly passionate about Bitcoin.  I've been dicking around with it off and on for a long while and I've got something riding on it both in monetary and philosophical terms.

And you are surprised that fierce anger erupts when readers finally wake up and realize they've been fooled about such serious matters.

Merge mining, the hidden requested SC subsidy.

Won't be necessary. They don't know it yet.

But my coin will save us all!

Or "their" coin. Let's see what happens.

You are not up against one person. There is an army of developers that see the light (maybe not the NWO interpretation but the distributed != decentralized one at least).

Did Gavinmike think they could just fork the chain without forking the developers too? Duh.

The beauty of pegged side chains is we are not all working alone, even if we are.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:02:59 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 06:33:48 AM by TPTB_need_war

And then you need to control the nodes of the bitcoin companies, power users, and government agencies across the world. How are you going to do it, Anonymint?

I can give you a specific example where they have done that.

Btw, how come every bank I visit any where in the world (or at least the super-majority of them) say, "sorry we can't open an account for you because you are a US citizen", or they otherwise comply with the USA's FATCA law reporting requirements? And you say that TPTB can't foist a global law yet they already have.

Also as smooth said, TPTB only need to control 51%.

Armstrong confirms that Oct is likely going to be the low for private assets then we head into a phase transition recoil upwards after that:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/33708

He has written in the recent past that the USA stock market phase transition to change alignment from public to private assets cycle.

Bitcoin and gold are private assets.

I maintain greater odds (not but 100% odds) this current rally is not done yet. We will turn down hard after it is.

You are Armstrong. Pls skype chat with cypherdoc, don't box him like you asked, with bodacious 20 year old asian girls cheering you on. That wouldn't prove anything of value, aside from ego stroking.

What that does have to do with anything? Stick to the facts of the matter.

Refute the facts, not the person.

I reckon Cypherdoc's ego is bigger than mine (and I don't even see how I am doing it for ego? I am doing it because I am seriously fucking worried), but I still don't see what that has to do with anything. We are arguing. If you prefer his arguments then go ahead. I am not forcing anyone.

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:58:53 AM

They actually believe you're Armstrong? Or they're trolling.. It doesn't take a detective to dig up who you are..
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:24:06 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 01:50:50 PM by TPTB_need_war

Because scientists are not Truther-idiots and do not believe that changing the composition of the atmosphere does not lead to a change of the climate. One has to be an ideologue or an idiot to spread such formulas.

Holly mother of fucktards, you were thoroughly debunked upthread on the science of the matter and you come back for sloppy seconds. Slurp.

You are not debating. No. You are obfuscating with political noise in a contest of who can filibuster the thread long enough to bury what was already argued beyond any reasonable doubt.

And it was pointed out to you that at least 33,000 scientists (and 9,000 PhDs) signed a petition (many years ago and this number has surely swelled as much as Cypherdolt's head interim) attesting to the junk science of the other "scientists" who have been bribed to fabricate erroneous temperature data (and yet the temperature decreased so much they had to stop reporting it, then they changed their propaganda to "man made global cooling") and ignore basic scientific facts.

New poll above reminder.

tvbcof's troll poll with a similar result.

Actually I suggested (and didn't receive a further reply) to Gregory Maxwell in a very brief private exchange that they recognize that 2/3 of the "voters" (have been mind controlled by Gavinmike + Cypherdolt and) would incorrectly think that Blockstream is against "progress" and thus they should stop resisting (bad for their PR) and try to maintain some position on the technical implementation helm of Core long enough to complete their side chains work to make alternatives available before those greater fools destroy Bitcoin Core.

They know damn well that pegged side chains are inevitable regardless of whether the block size is increased or not, and they are just very concerned that there won't be any Core remaining to be a side chain of, after the greater fools have their brutish way. But please do not cite that as a quote of anyone other than myself because I have inserted my own colorful language.

And I view that example as a failure of US economic policy. Instead of the banks accepting those US customers and spying on them as originally intended, those foreign banks are doing the opposite of what the USG wants. It's rejecting those customers outright which makes their actions go dark as they figure out work arounds.

In effect,  the USG is losing its influence abroad.

How does forcing its own citizens into a corral correlate with USG losing its influence?

Clearly the policy was intended to shut off the escape routes for the citizens to escape tracking by the State, thus the refusal to accept US citizens is exactly what was intended.

The DEEP STATE in charge of the global NWO plan are squeezing the people of every nation between a Troika of powers, USA, China, and Russia.

And you are included in that squeeze. If you think they cut out a special deal for you, then you will learn how they turn on you when they done using you.

How does the fact that the USG's legislation and enforcement was able to have any effect whatsoever on the policy of banks which are not under the legislative jurisdiction of the USA territories, imply that the USG is not able to exert legislative impact outside its territories.

If you want to argue that the USG has not foisted global legislation on world, then you must show that their actions were ignored.

The FATCA law wasn't ignored. It was so feared that every government and bank around the world either implemented strict reporting requirements against or refused service to US citizens (even those who are dual citizens of their country where the bank is domiciled).

Arguably, the act of refusing service to its own citizens (not just US citizens) and to any people of this world, is a contributing factor driving the velocity of the money into the toilet and will cause a global collapse into economic desolation greater than anything any person living today has ever experienced.

The pitiful display of illogic in this thread is an exhibit of gross ignorance.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:15:37 PM

On a different topic...I don't recall if you said you had MS or ALS.  In either case, I do recommend the following information if you've not run across it already.  Garth Nicolson:  weaponized mycoplasmas - snowshoe films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT25HhAVhhU

This Nicolson guy gives every indication of being for real and knowing his shit.  I seeked around for some other material to verify this and did so successfully.

I personally am a gulf war I vet and I can tell you we got a ton of shots.  I never felt that they did me any harm and for a long time I wrote off the complaints as being from whiners.  Now not so much.

Until I saw the guys presentation I was not even aware of the organisms known as mycoplasmas and I pride myself on being aware of such things.  Just from a science point of view the presentation is quite interesting.  A decent way to kill an hour.

I stopped at 18:35 where he mentions the 20 - 30 vaccines that troops receive over a 2 - 3 day period. I personally know of people that served in Iraq and who are loaded with autoimmune disorders. And my best friend and running partner from high school, Blaine Holman, died of brain cancer in 2009 at the ripe age of 44. He reached Lt. Colonel in the USAF. My father was the well connected attorney who got him a Congressman's endorsement to the USAF Academy.

In my case, I think I acquired my problem derivatively via sexual transmission, but also I pretty much destroyed my gut bacteria by dosing frequently with antibiotics such as Metronidazole and being on the computer too much is probably another factor.

What I suggest to you now as an immediate precaution, is make some fresh salsa lightly seasoned with sea salt (no iodine) and instead of putting in the frig, put it in a glass jar submerged in its own juice (lime or lemon added) for 2 days to populate it with the wide array of good bacteria that can not be obtained via probiotic supplements.

My research reveals that the good bacteria are the critical factor in maintaining good health against the threat of chronic illness.

I am 2 weeks into the this new fermented salsa routine and it appears to have radically boosted my energy level. The past 3 days I slept very soundly and only needed a modicum of sleep and my head was mostly clear of the usual brain fog and fatigue.

I urge you to do this immediately to nip any chronic disease in the bud so to speak, before it gains a foothold as it has in my case.

Btw, I am sincerely trying to develop solutions for cryptocurrency and I should probably go quiet. I think the proof is in the pudding and if I want to make an impact (along with the work that others are doing such as Blockstream of course) then I need to shut up and be a programmer and not a forum iconoclast/educator/antagonist.

I hope we have sufficient core of people who are willing to evaluate cryptocurrency logically over the coming months and year, and so we can hopefully get the best outcomes.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:40:49 PM

Nope, it is confirmed there is no global elite.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/33771

Greece’s former representative to the IMF, Panagiotis Roumeliotis, testified in front of the special parliamentary committee concerning the outstanding Greek debt. He revealed that the IMF has been training journalists to support the Trioka.

Roumeliotis testified:

“The IMF trained [journalists so that] Greek journalists can promote the positions of the IMF and the European Commission in Greek media.”

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:09:23 AM

http://www.globalresearch.ca/editor-of-major-german-newspaper-says-he-planted-stories-for-the-cia/5429324
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:29:14 AM

FATCA is a beautiful example of Economic Totalitarianism.  If the US .gov wants your money, it is getting harder to keep it away from them.  I have not heard of any overseas banks welcoming deposits of Americans.  None do in Peru.  Maybe there might be handful in rogue states (?)

FATCA was designed for just this: to corral Americans, nicely put TPTB.  There is no question that the USG pushed this onto banks around the world, thereby demonstrating plenty of power.

trollercoaster

Another example of USG power abroad.  Touché!
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:04:22 AM

We must fix the internet so as to maintain the fundamental End-to-end principle. The designers forgot to build Tor into it when they designed it. And Tor has serious flaws; most importantly it can be Sybil attacked.
Tor has been praised for providing privacy and anonymity to vulnerable Internet users such as political activists fearing surveillance and arrest, ordinary web users seeking to circumvent censorship, and women who have been threatened with violence or abuse by stalkers. The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has called Tor "the king of high-secure, low-latency Internet anonymity".

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:43:12 AM

We must fix the internet so as to maintain the fundamental End-to-end principle. The designers forgot to build Tor into it when they designed it. And Tor has serious flaws; most importantly it can be Sybil attacked.
Tor has been praised for providing privacy and anonymity to vulnerable Internet users such as political activists fearing surveillance and arrest, ordinary web users seeking to circumvent censorship, and women who have been threatened with violence or abuse by stalkers. The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has called Tor "the king of high-secure, low-latency Internet anonymity".

americanfolklore.net/folklore/2010/07/brer_rabbit_meets_a_tar_baby.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: