Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:43:17 AM

Because social conditions can, at times, change very rapidly.  Historically there are many cases of this.  Currently, the huge influx of "refugees" is such a condition.

Exactly. More than 1,000 cases of sexual assault were reported from various German cities (especially from Cologne and Hamburg) during the new years eve. More than 1,000 assaults in a 24-hour period! And that is just the tip of the iceberg, as most of the crimes are not reported. According to the latest reports, Arab immigrants are arriving in Greece at a rate of around 5,000 per day.

Sexual assault is one of the most under reported crimes, with 68% still being left unreported.
Those rapists, of course, will never spend a day in prison. But even when the crime is reported, it is unlike to lead to an arrest and prosecution. Factoring in unreported rapes, only about 2% of rapists will ever serve a day in prison.

If you want to take this into account take also into account the fact that more than 90% of rapes are done in the house, by family members.

Most rapes are family abuses, that can be father/daughter of course but mostly husband and wife not consensual sex. This is the real deal, not the few hundreds rapes occuring outside which are, of course terrifying, but also much less important (in terms of numbers).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:44:14 AM

Because social conditions can, at times, change very rapidly.  Historically there are many cases of this.  Currently, the huge influx of "refugees" is such a condition.

Exactly. More than 1,000 cases of sexual assault were reported from various German cities (especially from Cologne and Hamburg) during the new years eve. More than 1,000 assaults in a 24-hour period! And that is just the tip of the iceberg, as most of the crimes are not reported. According to the latest reports, Arab immigrants are arriving in Greece at a rate of around 5,000 per day.

Cause you think it would have changed ANYTHING to have a gun country? Then why are so much rapes occuring in USA if guns should protect you?

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:49:38 AM

If guns helps you to protect yourself, why is the rape rates higher in Texas than in California? Guns are much more numerous and gun legislation is much less important in Texas though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Texas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_California

Oh and btw, you're all more or less saying that blacks/migrants rape everyone and that gun allow you to defend yourself.

Why has texas a higher rape rates than California while having more guns and a population 83% white? Anyone got an explanation? Want to talk about racial diversity again TECHShare?

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:43:40 PM

Cause you think it would have changed ANYTHING to have a gun country....
Absolutely it would have changed things.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:55:09 PM

Please then explain why Texas is having more rapes than other states while having 83% of whites (which is extremely high) and one of the highest gun concentration in USA.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:42:37 PM

Please then explain why Texas is having more rapes than other states while having 83% of whites (which is extremely high) and one of the highest gun concentration in USA.

Here are some more unrelated statistics which you can have fun with.

http://blog.estately.com/2015/03/what-does-each-state-have-more-of-than-any-other/

Obviously all of the above is caused by Texas having more pet tigers than other states.

Let's get real, please.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:49:27 PM

http://blog.estately.com/2015/03/what-does-each-state-have-more-of-than-any-other/

Obviously all of the above is caused by Texas having more pet tigers than other states.

Let's get real, please.

Hmm... You're the one saying there is a link between number of guns available to the population and rape rates. I never made such bull statement.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:58:28 PM

It's easy. The statistics you are using are wrong.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:25:08 PM

It's easy. The statistics you are using are wrong.    Cool

Wrong in which way? Wrong as in "there is no correlation" or wrong in "the data used is false"?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:15:22 PM

Let's get real, please.

Hmm... You're the one saying there is a link between number of guns available to the population and rape rates. I never made such bull statement.
I already told you.  It's the pet tigers.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:24:22 PM

Used to be indifferent about guns and having them. Recently after having my first child my viewpoint is firm now.
Even though I live in a nice area I always sleep with my pistol in a quick release safe under my bed.

The AKs and other guns stay in the big safe for other reasons.

Think that people that can own guns should get the knowledge about owning one and get one.

yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:50:32 PM

Let's get real, please.

I already told you.  It's the pet tigers.

Oh mom look: another climate change denier trump supporter without any argument!
yugo23

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:51:33 PM

Used to be indifferent about guns and having them. Recently after having my first child my viewpoint is firm now.
Even though I live in a nice area I always sleep with my pistol in a quick release safe under my bed.

Think that people that can own guns should get the knowledge about owning one and get one.

Cool. It means your kid can find your gun if you ever leave it unwatched.

I just hope he won't be one of the hundred yearly kids who kill themselves with a gun.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:06:45 PM

I just hope he won't be one of the hundred yearly kids who kill themselves with a gun.

We used to find the keys to our parents cars and drive around when possible.  That is one of about 1000 things we did which were potentially dangerous.  I don't feel like looking up the numbers, but I'll bet that accidental deaths due to improperly stored firearms and/or improper training are a tiny fraction of the way kids injure themselves.

Back in the day, guns were commonly stored in an unlocked cabinet in the basement.  A few hours of training and a bit of plinking with the 22 was plenty to get even fairly young kids to understand the theory of operation and dangers of firearms.  Accidents did happen but it was pretty rare.  There may be a legitimate argument that 'kids have changed' and are at more risk now.  If so, I would say that the 'low hanging fruit' would be to understand how and why kids have changed and deal with that issue since guns are a tiny fraction of the way problems can occur.  I'd suggest starting by looking at the pharmaceutical industry and related industries which play a role in what kids consume (physically and intellectually.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
yugo23

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:07:44 PM

We used to find the keys to our parents cars and drive around when possible.  That is one of about 1000 things we did which were potentially dangerous.  I don't feel like looking up the numbers, but I'll bet that accidental deaths due to improperly stored firearms and/or improper training are a tiny fraction of the way kids injure themselves.

Back in the day, guns were commonly stored in an unlocked cabinet in the basement.  A few hours of training and a bit of plinking with the 22 was plenty to get even fairly young kids to understand the theory of operation and dangers of firearms.  Accidents did happen but it was pretty rare.  There may be a legitimate argument that 'kids have changed' and are at more risk now.  If so, I would say that the 'low hanging fruit' would be to understand how and why kids have changed and deal with that issue since guns are a tiny fraction of the way problems can occur.  I'd suggest starting by looking at the pharmaceutical industry and related industries which play a role in what kids consume (physically and intellectually.)

Never said the contrary. Just that it's not all bright as the guy I was replying to implied.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 07:15:12 PM

maybe you missed the word SAFE

Part of the responsibility of being a gun owner is making sure it is properly stored. maybe you would feel better if the government made sure I did.

Point being...
I would rather have the means to defend myself and my family if something were to ever happen. Rather than call 911 and wait 20min for cops to show up LOL

yugo23

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:46:44 PM

Part of the responsibility of being a gun owner is making sure it is properly stored. maybe you would feel better if the government made sure I did.

Point being...
I would rather have the means to defend myself and my family if something were to ever happen. Rather than call 911 and wait 20min for cops to show up LOL

If cops take 20min to reach you then it means you're in a shitty country.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:13:14 PM

Point being...

If cops take 20min to reach you then it means you're in a shitty country.

I have known some women who started carrying AFTER having been assaulted or raped.  Argue with their point of view will do you no good, ever.  They are hard core committed to protection, and they are not going to hope some cops might reach them.  THey're not even going to argue with you.  They just laugh and walk away. 

Can't get around it by saying something like "you're in a shitty country."

Maybe that's true, so what?  Few will move from where their families, relatives and friends are.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 11:40:24 PM

There IS a place where "cops" can reach you in the seconds required to stop a criminal attack - it's called prison, not a "country".

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:37:08 AM

There IS a place where "cops" can reach you in the seconds required to stop a criminal attack - it's called prison, not a "country".

And the people that live there are not allowed to have guns.

Everyone that believes the world will be a warm fuzzy blanket of happy feelings if there are no guns should move there!

And sing Kum Ba Ya!

And not bend over and watch out in the showers.

ROFL...
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: