Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:37:51 AM

One way is to expose the kids to some YouTube videos related to BTC (there are really good and informative ones out there). Once that is done then maybe make them read some news about BTC, how it works, and how it affects the lives of the people. Also, teaching them hands (like how to transact) on might be a good way to make them familiar about BTC.

Also, the benefits and advantages as well as the disadvantages of BTC should be mentioned and explained to them so that they can try to decide for themselves if BTC will be beneficial to them.

I agree with you maybe with the method of teaching via media like youtube will be easy to learn by them, but keep in mind that they are still children and not yet worth learning more about bitcoin.
marjoree

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:39:10 AM

kids are just kids. Though kids today are literate in using computers and play games, they should not be tolerate to stay at the computer for a long time just like we do here in bitcoin. And they would not understand it anyway so they should just focus more on their education and their childhood.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:57:17 AM

I think that children need to create some kind of game connected with bitcoins, but do not start them at once with serious earnings, because they will not understand yet.
Yeah that's a great idea, maybe by letting your child play bitcoin-related games, they'll ask what bitcoin is, but do not explain bitcoin too much detail to a child, because they certainly will not understand that. Just let them know that bitcoin is the same currency as fiat
Zemangat

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

I think teaching kids bitcoin is very difficult. Children still have thoughts to play. Not thinking about getting money. We may find it difficult to teach bitcoin directly to them. We should teach them to save and save money .. after that we give the reasons why we save and what the benefits of saving .. maybe that's the first step. To teach them to invest.
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:02:24 PM

kids are just kids. Though kids today are literate in using computers and play games, they should not be tolerate to stay at the computer for a long time just like we do here in bitcoin. And they would not understand it anyway so they should just focus more on their education and their childhood.

They don't even understand science deep down yet here we are forcing them to learn new things. They only memorize those things and then later on forgot about it. They are forced to do that so they will have good grades. In my opinion, those types of things aren't really relevant to the kid's life once he grew up. It's a lot better to give him some lecture about something that can save him in the future. There are kids whose parents taught them how to do electric works, some computer works, some farming, others are fishing, etc. It's because those are the things that you can actually make money from.

Bitcoin might not be understood by them right away but so is 1 + 1 = 2. It has to be taught a couple of times and explained very well for them to get it.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:02:59 PM

Kids really like the game, whatever he does while playing certainly easy to understand, if kids love the gadget, then introduce a variety of games related to bitcoin.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:09:51 PM

I don't think kids will understand bitcoin and besides it is not intended for the age like them no matter how hard you explain it to them it will be very difficult for them to catch up...the idea of investment, fluctuations, volatility and demand don't you think they will understand that...better teach them to save thru simple steps not this kind because it's quite complex...let them play and have fun at this moment there is a proper time to introduce some other matters
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:42:13 PM

Bitcoin is a little bit hard to teach in a child. The blockchain technology is very complicated. If some adults cant understand how it works. You need a little bit extra effort to explain this to a kid. You need some diagrams, images, videos.

Of course it would be very difficult to explain bitcoin to a small child, but maybe you can explain it simply does not need to be too deep and detailed, maybe with help and media games, videos, etc that make little children interested will help a little, of course the risk is they will not understand it lol,
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:29:30 PM

Kids really like the game, whatever he does while playing certainly easy to understand, if kids love the gadget, then introduce a variety of games related to bitcoin.
It is brilliant idea of introducing kids to bitcoins via games. This will not only help to know about bitcoins in better way but also serve as en enjoyment for them. When kids will come to know that playing is letting them earn money, they will definitely search more about bitcoins.
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:43:00 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
Kids nowadays are mostly found of playing games online. One could start from associating the games they're playing to the kind of game bitcoin is going around. In that way, their interest may be piqued and you can get them curious to know more about bitcoin and the world that comes with it.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:47:35 PM

I think that children need to create some kind of game connected with bitcoins, but do not start them at once with serious earnings, because they will not understand yet.
Maybe they will understand how the game will work, and maybe they will also assume that bitcoin is also a toy money,
so I think there is no urgency to explain and teach bitcoin to small children, besides that would not be too useful for them
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:48:09 AM

Maybe they will understand how the game will work, and maybe they will also assume that bitcoin is also a toy money,
so I think there is no urgency to explain and teach bitcoin to small children, besides that would not be too useful for them

That is what will happen, they will just think that bitcoin is just a play money which they can easily earn and easily spend and they will not appreciate it since they are just a young person who doesn't know much and it will not become useful for them also because bitcoin is not that adopted in every country and the young or the kids doesn't spend too much so they don't need a source of income yet.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:07:00 PM

That is what will happen, they will just think that bitcoin is just a play money which they can easily earn and easily spend and they will not appreciate it since they are just a young person who doesn't know much and it will not become useful for them also because bitcoin is not that adopted in every country and the young or the kids doesn't spend too much so they don't need a source of income yet.
Yep! They don’t need too much money right now because they are fully dependent on their parents. But I don’t think so there is any problem in teaching kids about the bitcoins. I believe that it will help them in understanding bitcoins in a better way because kids have sharper minds. 
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:27:52 AM

This is good, bitcoin can we introduce from an early age, children should know about bitcoin that they will use one day. And the easiest way is to watch a bitcoin-related video.
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:59:50 AM

Yep! They don’t need too much money right now because they are fully dependent on their parents. But I don’t think so there is any problem in teaching kids about the bitcoins. I believe that it will help them in understanding bitcoins in a better way because kids have sharper minds. 
i think if they are depending on their parents and they do not have any  concern with earning money, then they should not divert their attention from their study, they should continue their study and when become so much mature and complete their study then they should take interest in bitcoin and to learn about it.
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:56:37 AM

It's good to learn bitcoin at a young age because at a young age will be able to quickly learn bitcoin, but this is certainly not apart from its activities as a student who certainly still needs a lot of time to learn.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:25:32 AM

It's good to learn bitcoin at a young age because at a young age will be able to quickly learn bitcoin, but this is certainly not apart from its activities as a student who certainly still needs a lot of time to learn.
Yes, it is good to learn about bitcoin at a young age but we should set a particular amount of age before we should teach the kids to learn bitcoin because teaching them at a very young age will distract them for the possibilities to learn socializing skills and also to develop their knowledge in school, so it is good for me to teach kids at age of at least 15 yrs old.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:13:19 AM

Yes, it is good to learn about bitcoin at a young age but we should set a particular amount of age before we should teach the kids to learn bitcoin because teaching them at a very young age will distract them for the possibilities to learn socializing skills and also to develop their knowledge in school, so it is good for me to teach kids at age of at least 15 yrs old.
For me, I will be the one to teach my kids when they reach at that age, I have an eldest who is currently 9 years old and I guess
it's hard to teach here when she are more interested now with going out with her friends playing.
15 years old seems too young for me in general, maybe we can teach them if they are interested enough in making money online
but I doubt at that age they are already serious.
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:24:41 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

How to teach kids about bitcoin, this won me so much because they wanted to play till, because I never did it for my own sister. And I do not have any ideas when teaching kids to use bitcoin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:32:54 AM

well if focus will be attached to a kid and this young one will really take time to listen bitcoin can be learned easily but as we knew if we wont be able
to get their interest even how hard we try they wont take a time to listen so better to assess whether the kids will get attention before trying to teach
them about bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: