Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:10:43 AM

I don't think "soon" but I do think after 15 years or so it is a definite possibility. "soon" i guess is a relative term.
Yes its not that fast to replace dollar because dollar was the first made before bitcoin. Bitcoin may replace dollar after many years. Soon is not appropriate word for that time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Joshua101101

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:14:16 AM

"Soon" is too soon. ask again in 10 years then the answer could be yes, right now its still light years away.

Now it is not only early, but also senseless to compare virtual currency with the real one. The dollar is in the real world and on the Internet, and bitcoin is only on the Internet and is not so popular. Maybe in about 10 years something will change, but I doubt it.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:40:52 AM

"Soon" is too soon. ask again in 10 years then the answer could be yes, right now its still light years away.

Now it is not only early, but also senseless to compare virtual currency with the real one. The dollar is in the real world and on the Internet, and bitcoin is only on the Internet and is not so popular. Maybe in about 10 years something will change, but I doubt it.

Whenever people said that bitcoin will be change into dollar, than I want to ask than its mean bitcoin will be die?
Because we already have dollar and if bitcoin convert into dollar, than only bitcoin will be damage and nothing else. But if we see clearly than i don't think that bitcoin need to convert into any other fiat currency. Because bitcoin have its own place and that is only internet. 
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:45:46 AM

You can compare Bitcoin with fiat currencies, because the daily USD-BTC conversion volumes have topped the $1 billion mark. And don't say that Bitcoin is not a "real" currency. It is real, but it is not a form of the fiat currency. Anyway, you are true in claiming that Bitcoin is restricted to the internet sector. So what? I don't think that it is a major disadvantage. And lastly, don't claim that Bitcoin is not popular. How many other currencies can boast of 5 to 10 million users right now?
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:46:21 AM

Will not replace the dollar, because the dollar is held by many people in world. That's, More scattered and more reliable than bitcoin for now. However, bitcoin can be an alternative dollar for our financial activities, in future it may be much easier to use bitcoin.
I agree with you, the dollar will not be replaced by any currency. Including bitcoin, after all I myself prefer the bitcoin as an alternative to the dollar. That's better for me
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:59:50 AM

Will not replace the dollar, because the dollar is held by many people in world. That's, More scattered and more reliable than bitcoin for now. However, bitcoin can be an alternative dollar for our financial activities, in future it may be much easier to use bitcoin.
I agree with you, the dollar will not be replaced by any currency. Including bitcoin, after all I myself prefer the bitcoin as an alternative to the dollar. That's better for me
Dollar is the main currency and preferred currencg by most of the businesses and investors. And if bitcoins price is not valued by dollar I doubt  it that many are going to get into it. But because of  bitcoins unstable price and it is depending to dollars, it will not replace dollar but it will always be a good preference when trading.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

Dollar is the main currency and preferred currencg by most of the businesses and investors. And if bitcoins price is not valued by dollar I doubt  it that many are going to get into it. But because of  bitcoins unstable price and it is depending to dollars, it will not replace dollar but it will always be a good preference when trading.

Bitcoin can only become an additional virtual currency or a good tool for earning, but not replace the dollar. The dollar has existed too long and it is almost impossible to remove it.

Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:48:25 AM

Anything can happen, and I'm very sure that bitcoin will replace by another coin, nowadays many big projects doing by the development so that it will soon beat bitcoin.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
vok-wok_hok

Activity: 184

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:52:48 AM

Anything can happen, and I'm very sure that bitcoin will replace by another coin, nowadays many big projects doing by the development so that it will soon beat bitcoin.

No one can accurately predict what will happen to bitcoin tomorrow, because it depends only on user activity. If they create something more attractive than bitcoin, then users will go there and destroy it.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:35:58 PM

I don't think so, It looks just a dream for my personally. Another just provide a development and no more. The severe competitor for bitcoin such as ripple and ethereum which has offered a solution to solve the actual problem from bticoin itself. Where are from you determined the project as a big one?
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:50:28 PM

I think you did not understand the question itself. The question is will btc replace the Dollar soon? And you are reverting that some other coin will replace btc. Go through and make necessary changes and read the topic before replying. Also and fyi no other coin can replace btc irrespective of 1000 alt coin came in 2016 and closed down and hardly few is remaining which has some value in market and can be traded on exchange with some volume
bustomi

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:56:47 PM

If that happen, someone who collected many bitcoin will be one of the richest person in the world then lol Cheesy
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 01:15:02 PM

You can compare Bitcoin with fiat currencies, because the daily USD-BTC conversion volumes have topped the $1 billion mark. And don't say that Bitcoin is not a "real" currency. It is real, but it is not a form of the fiat currency. Anyway, you are true in claiming that Bitcoin is restricted to the internet sector. So what? I don't think that it is a major disadvantage. And lastly, don't claim that Bitcoin is not popular. How many other currencies can boast of 5 to 10 million users right now?

Well, I don't think that we are anywhere near that

We have at most 1 million active Bitcoin users at any given moment, so, as I suspect, quite a lot of countries can boast that many users. Even if Bitcoin user base was actually around 5 million people, that would still not cut it (in the sense you mean it). Nonetheless, there is another aspect which makes perfect sense. Apart from a few major currencies (which you can easily count with the fingers of your hand), no other currency can claim being as global as Bitcoin is. And in this respect it can be said that it is more popular than the majority of other fiat currencies. In other words, this is real and genuine popularity free of any government intervention and coercion

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 01:27:40 PM

But still even if when it comes to the point that Bitcoin is widely use in the world, I don't think that it will be replacing any currency. Because it is decentralize no government has control over it and I don't think it will be an official currency of any country as they won't replace their Fiat currency over it. Also Bitcoin's value is valued at Fiat Currency, I don't think it will have any value if there is no Fiat Currency involve, as for a fact that people will still prefer Fiat Currency over Bitcoin

This is a common misconception

Which people love to repeat though they somehow refuse to face the facts (the latter is common too). So if you think that you have substance behind your claims (that Bitcoin wouldn't have any value if it was not priced in some fiat currency), you have to explain how it happened that when Bitfnex was cut off of its fiat transfer channels (i.e. you could neither withdraw not deposit fiat there), the Bitcoin price surged not only at that exchange (which would be understandable) but also at all other exchanges as well (including those from which you could withdraw fiat without much ado). According to your premises and logic, we should have seen Bitcoin crash dramatically since, first, Bitfinex is the largest exchange out there, and second, the US dollar effectively died for it. More generally, your point comes down to claiming that anything has value just because it is priced in dollars, euro, or whatever

kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:06:14 PM

In any circumstances it would be happened..
In recent times we've been experiencing a lot of ups and downs of dollars, if Bitcoin will create a better platform and acceptability then people will take it as a prior choice then using Dollar. It happens if Bitcoin can maintain it's reliability to all.
degaga15

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:11:17 PM

I think now or a few years bitcoin can not yet replace the dollar position, there are still many people who do not know or understand bitcoin.
28days_ever

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:24:12 PM

I think now or a few years bitcoin can not yet replace the dollar position, there are still many people who do not know or understand bitcoin.

Bitcoin can not be compared with the dollar at all, because it is a virtual currency. And there should always be an alternative currency in case of disconnection of the Internet.
Apollo777

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:44:35 PM

Bitcoin needs to fix the problem with $2.50 transactions fees first.

"The cost of transact is way too HIGH!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▌▌  PROPY  ▐▐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▬▬▬▬  Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry  ▬▬▬▬
  Slack      Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      Bitcointalk      Medium      Reddit 
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:11:53 PM

currently its look like impossible but no one know about the future. bitcoin is becoming popular from time to time, more and more people are entering in the world of bitcoin, which is making bitcoin more popular.so in future i think the possibilities are still there  that bitcoin will replace dollar but i think t will take a lot of time, may be decades and generations, when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
E-shipper

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:16:41 PM

Why among Bitcoin users there is such a notion that the dollar will soon end. This is the world currency and its capacity not only in the US economy. As the World Bank sets out the conditions for all countries, it can be said with certainty that it will not always support the dollar because this is their basis.

████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████                    ████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Galaxy eSolutions
  ICO TOKEN PRESALE STARTS ON FEBRUARY 28
  #1 ICO ON A GLOBAL ECOMMERCE ECOSYSTEM!
   WORLDWIDE REFURBISHED CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
WHITEPAPER│MEDIUM
FACEBOOK│LINKEDIN
  TWITTER│TELEGRAM
    ████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: