Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:10:26 AM

I don't think bitcoin will ever replace the US dollar. The government would not allow that to happen. I could see bitcoin being used as a payment method like paypal, or a method of sending money like western union, or even a way to store money instead of banks.
We are on the same side, bitcoin is nothing compared to dollars. Look at the price now, it's on dollars and that is its standard way of measurement and without dollar bitcoin could not be popular. That's the reality, we are just a small currency and dollar is a powerful currency which reflects its country.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 04:51:31 AM

I don't think bitcoin will ever replace the US dollar. The government would not allow that to happen. I could see bitcoin being used as a payment method like paypal, or a method of sending money like western union, or even a way to store money instead of banks.
We are on the same side, bitcoin is nothing compared to dollars. Look at the price now, it's on dollars and that is its standard way of measurement and without dollar bitcoin could not be popular. That's the reality, we are just a small currency and dollar is a powerful currency which reflects its country.
I agree. Bitcoin value still depends on USD currency.. same goes with other countries currency they also rely on USD. So for me definitely bitcoin will not replace dollars. Both USD and bitcoin will still be in the future.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:16:41 AM

I agree. Bitcoin value still depends on USD currency.. same goes with other countries currency they also rely on USD. So for me definitely bitcoin will not replace dollars. Both USD and bitcoin will still be in the future.
Dollar has a good value for now so is bitcoin, they are related with each other and now that trump is the new president we hope that bitcoin's price will still increase if he can fulfill his promise to make america great once again. Let's look to that and I hope it will happen.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 02:31:34 PM

As mentioned both will be the leaders in its own segment. Dollar continue to be the leading and most used fiat, in the similar manner bitcoin gets used as the most used digital currency. Both might compete but won't gets replaced by one another, because both got different usage based on the user.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
dominikherzog5

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:48:52 PM

I highly doubt that Bitcoin and any other digital valuta would, or could, replace the mighty US Dollar - since the implementation of the Bretton Woods system after WW2, the US Dollar has gained more and more 'trust', which led the US Dollar as the most used currency for multinational trade, which it also is today. That's my reasoning on why Bitcoin won't replace the US Dollar in a near future.I believe in the next 10-20 years, it will become accepted as payment by most businesses, but will not overtake the already established currencies such as the Dollar.
Knome1966

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:09:17 PM

Exactly. Bitcoin will stay as an alternative payment method.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:53:37 PM

Though it is unpredictable but still i also feel that it may become more of what it is today but it would definitely not be able to replace any currency in the world as it is a free system which cannot be controlled and currencies running anywhere are in control of their governments, so it is really likely to happen.
zikel

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:21:34 PM

Though it is unpredictable but still i also feel that it may become more of what it is today but it would definitely not be able to replace any currency in the world as it is a free system which cannot be controlled and currencies running anywhere are in control of their governments, so it is really likely to happen.

lack of control is just the most and volnet government of each country. That is why Bitcoin never replace a centralized currency
cryptothinker

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:50:30 PM

It certainly will not happen soon, that would be expecting too much from it. But the tools are available so that we can build a better economy, in the long term, through Bitcoin.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:07:07 PM

This will never ever happen as a simple thing Dollar is accepted worldwide but bitcoin is accepted world wide answer is no. Dollar is there for years now and is bitcoin there for more than even years answer is no.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:24:05 PM

I do not feel that it is the correct word immediately. the dollar is really important to many people around the world. bitcoin is also very important, but not everyone knows how to use it, and it is the antithesis of dollars. the dollar has long been recognized and people have been accustomed to using it, so it may take a very long time for bitcoin to replace the dollar
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 09:27:16 AM

Very unlikely since the dollar still has a larger backing and most of the people in this planet use the said currency even for their domestic transactions and such. Also, the world is not yet ready for a global overhaul of the currency system and fiat would still remain the dominant currency over other currencies available to the market and global economy.
yes as USD is one of the most stable currency of the world therefore i think it is not such an easy job that bitcoin will replace USD but hope that in future when all  the people of the world will start using bitcoin, then it can be possible but i think it can take decades.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 09:37:05 AM

I do not feel that it is the correct word immediately. the dollar is really important to many people around the world. bitcoin is also very important, but not everyone knows how to use it, and it is the antithesis of dollars. the dollar has long been recognized and people have been accustomed to using it, so it may take a very long time for bitcoin to replace the dollar
For us bitcoin is important but to them bitcoin is not important since they are did not know about bitcoin they will choose and stay t use in USD instead..
so i think it can replace dollar but bitcoin can be alternative payment in the future just like atm cards that we are using for alternative payments in shopping malls.. ..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 09:50:41 AM

so i think it can replace dollar

Bitcoin can't replace the US dollar. If something pops up that is replacing it, then it will be something issued by the government. Governments are the only entities with the power to force through such changes. Bitcoin doesn't stand a chance in that regard.

but bitcoin can be alternative payment in the future just like atm cards that we are using for alternative payments in shopping malls.. ..

Bitcoin was, and still is, and will always remain an alternative to fiat currencies. It's an extra option that people can choose to use. If I look at myself for example, then I use the currency aspect of Bitcoin to do international raled payments (can be shopping, or sending money from one place to another). But if I look at my local use of Bitcoin, then it's fiat that still leads everything. Simply because it's more convenient.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 02:50:17 PM

Very unlikely since the dollar still has a larger backing and most of the people in this planet use the said currency even for their domestic transactions and such. Also, the world is not yet ready for a global overhaul of the currency system and fiat would still remain the dominant currency over other currencies available to the market and global economy.
yes as USD is one of the most stable currency of the world therefore i think it is not such an easy job that bitcoin will replace USD but hope that in future when all  the people of the world will start using bitcoin, then it can be possible but i think it can take decades.

People need fiat currency at the moment for their daily operations, pay the rent, groceries and activities. With can not pay with bitcoin everything so far, but probably in a near future is could be an option.

In the future, crytocurrency will increase in acceptance and more and more people will use it as simple as using a debit card.

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:08:25 PM

This will never ever happen as a simple thing Dollar is accepted worldwide but bitcoin is accepted world wide answer is no. Dollar is there for years now and is bitcoin there for more than even years answer is no.

Yes, not exactly that bitcoin will replace the dollar but a great alternative to any currency around the worls when dealing online. It is only an option or another tool, which will be popular to used online.

Open for Campaigns
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:57:43 PM

Yes, not exactly that bitcoin will replace the dollar but a great alternative to any currency around the worls when dealing online. It is only an option or another tool, which will be popular to used online.
Indeed you got that right. The dollar is the dollar and it would take bitcoin a very long time if ever it will even be at the level of dollar usage.  Though as youve said, i dont think thats bitcoins goal. Im seeing it to be widely used as a different option for users.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Doamader

Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 04:11:00 PM

Indeed you got that right. The dollar is the dollar and it would take bitcoin a very long time if ever it will even be at the level of dollar usage.  Though as youve said, i dont think thats bitcoins goal. Im seeing it to be widely used as a different option for users.
Bitcoin can grow a lot but wont be near the volume of dollar currencie, bitcoin does have limitations, and i dont know wich will be the biggest value bitcoin may achieve over the years, but being realistic it wont go above 5000 dollars.
dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:50:48 AM

It seems unrealistic to happen anytime soon. Bitcoin need, first, to reach a greater number of users, to then become mainstream. There are many people who don't understand how Bitcoin works, because they are accustomed to old and outdated systems. But I'm sure the big day will come...
LuanX3

Merit: 505

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:35:21 AM

It seems unrealistic to happen anytime soon. Bitcoin need, first, to reach a greater number of users, to then become mainstream. There are many people who don't understand how Bitcoin works, because they are accustomed to old and outdated systems. But I'm sure the big day will come...

Yes, that's true. People are afraid of change and require that they are taught about the new changes slowly. Bitcoin will not be adopted as quickly until the community makes an effort to introduce bitcoin to the public in a more aggressive manner. Like brokering deals with large companies like Amazon.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: