Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:37:27 AM

Why is it bitcoin?
It has always been and will always be an alternative currency. Someone for anything in life will not use crypto currency, but will always use Fiat. And bitcoin for those who believe in him
That't correct, everyone can used bitcoin but they cannot accept if it will be replace by Dollar. Bitcoin is not the main currency of this world and it is not created by the government therefore it's hard to think that it will replace the biggest currency in the world.

You raise a good point there dude and i agree. Though i don't think that one should replace the othere here. We all know that btc offers a lot of features not seen in fiat but the market basically revolves around real money. Btc would make life easier for a lot of people in the future so i think both should be used at the same time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
CODE200

Activity: 1456
Merit: 309

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:48:06 PM

I don't think so, maybe the the goverment won't agree that bitcoin will replace dollar because first of all bitcoin was not created by the government. We can't say when bitcoin can consider a real money because we can only earn it in the internet. Maybe one day bitcoin can replace dollar someday.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:05:45 PM

I honestly don't think it'll happen, certainly not in 15 years... In 100 years maybe?
Lol, how did you say that? and how did you know that after 100 years bitcoin will replace dollar. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow, but there is a possibility to be happen that bitcoin can replace dollar depending on how the people around the world will adopt bitcoins.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:53:29 PM

yes, Bitcoin will replace the dollar soon because dollar is not a world money. Though world accept dollar, is not a world money. Many countries use their own money. Dollar is also a money for some countries. But Bitcoin is not a money for any particular country. So, it can be used as a world money.       
No I don't think so that will ever happen because the reason is pretty obvious did you ever use gold to make payments no even though it is used a bit in world economy[1] , so if we don't use gold as a method of payment then why would we use bitcoin[2] as bitcoin was made to replace gold so why don't we just let it be a investment platform only[3].

[1]

Q: "Why do you think bitcoin will not replace USD?"
A: ".. because gold didn't."

Gold might be one of the major opponents of bitcoin but they are definitely not the same. Gold has a physical form but gold can also be in digital form. We haven't used gold as a payment method because only rich people do. The government uses gold to do large transactions to other businesses.

And by the way, with history we know that Gold was actually our fiat back then (i.e. Gold coin)

[2] Gold and bitcoin are two different things. Just because the other one didn't make it, doesn't mean the other one will not make it too.

[3] No one's trying to take away the capacity of yours to invest by holding bitcoins. We should not dismiss the fact that bitcoin is actually a currency, although it's being treated as an investment by almost all of us.
Alright let's agree with you
But do you think making payments in daily life would be easy as the price fluctuates. Not all the shopping store have the latest technology
There is a maximum supply of 21 million bitcoins allwed to be mined so will it be sufficient for everyone.
And do you even think US will actually agree with this and not do anything to the people who actually use bitcoin instead of dollars. Remember what happened to egypt , iraq and god knows how many more countries
anavuajna

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:32:38 PM

I honestly don't think it'll happen, certainly not in 15 years... In 100 years maybe?
Lol, how did you say that? and how did you know that after 100 years bitcoin will replace dollar. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow, but there is a possibility to be happen that bitcoin can replace dollar depending on how the people around the world will adopt bitcoins.

Agree with you. Crypto currency is very unpredictable and it makes no sense to make long forecasts. But even if the crypto currency becomes very popular, I'm not sure that it will replace the dollar
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:12:31 PM

I don't think so, maybe the the goverment won't agree that bitcoin will replace dollar because first of all bitcoin was not created by the government. We can't say when bitcoin can consider a real money because we can only earn it in the internet. Maybe one day bitcoin can replace dollar someday.

i dont think so bitcoin can ever replace dollar. logic is simple it is decentralized, it doesn't have any control from government side. dollar is good at its own place and btc is good at its own way. replacement of either thing is not possible. what we can see instead is more number of users in the btc which will sure give us the best monetary worth. 

Trongersoll

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:32:25 PM

yes it is not possible to replace the dollar on a whole. dollar/fiat currency which is directly from the government side is much trusted and valued. it is very handy to use as whatever you need you dont need to convert anything you just have to walk in to the shop and get it whereas in btc it is not the case and even if it become very much popular still there will be places where btc will not be valid because it is crypto currency not a government authorized one. just try to explain one thing btc will skyrocket but dollar is required at any cost.   
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:46:57 PM

It isn't going to happen I really doubt that bitcoin will ever replace dollar very soon. We know that government is against the concept of bitcoin because it is decentralized and they can't have the power to control it. So I know that government is trying to adopt this idea but not the whole thing.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:30:45 PM

It isn't going to happen I really doubt that bitcoin will ever replace dollar very soon. We know that government is against the concept of bitcoin because it is decentralized and they can't have the power to control it. So I know that government is trying to adopt this idea but not the whole thing.

Yes, that is the thing why government will not accept bitcoin as a currency. The transactions of bitcoins are really anonymous that is why of it will be implemented as a currency of one country, it will be used on many illegal activities and transactions. And it will be so hard getting taxes on the people, it may lead to the failure of the government. It will stay as a digital currency accepted by stores and exchangers.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:01:57 AM

You are right, bitcoin never replace fiat for sure because there is no one thst can control it even though government, since its technology is surpass the current we are using it, as long as government can't control the bitcoin they won't rven take bitcoin to replace dollar. And when bitcoin is applied to our daily usage, the most riches people will soon change to a new one Grin
Rostadom

Activity: 713

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:43:08 PM

yes it is not possible to replace the dollar on a whole. dollar/fiat currency which is directly from the government side is much trusted and valued. it is very handy to use as whatever you need you dont need to convert anything you just have to walk in to the shop and get it whereas in btc it is not the case and even if it become very much popular still there will be places where btc will not be valid because it is crypto currency not a government authorized one. just try to explain one thing btc will skyrocket but dollar is required at any cost.   

I wouldn't say "at any cost" because there might be a point in time when the price of things will be based in bitcoins instead of fiat. Since the price of bitcoin has skyrocketed, bitcoin is already accepted by the mainstream. The price is a clear sign that huge businesses are already in the bitcoin thing.

Same as fiat, even if bitcoin gets popular, it might not be accepted at some places. USD is a very famous currency because the United States is famous and have been a dominant country for a long time. Try using your USD in Korea or in China or literally in any other place, you will still have to convert that first to their local currency. Maybe large establishments abroad will accept that but I doubt a small scale market will accept that.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:50:32 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 02:34:01 PM by coinplus

Agree with you. Crypto currency is very unpredictable and it makes no sense to make long forecasts. But even if the crypto currency becomes very popular, I'm not sure that it will replace the dollar
Indeed, bitcoin and altcoin are unstable in terms of price and they are not accepted everywhere and they don’t have big market compared to the dollar which is accepted all over the world, so this topic should be closed a long time ago because we can never replace the fiat with cryptocurrency at least not at the current state.

On the other hand, when people decide to go only for digital transactions, we could not expect dollars to survive. At the same time there will be no surety that bitcoin will be the only digital payment system for people at those times.
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:53:11 PM

Yup, most of the Government will not set a bitcoin as official currency (most likely). because we can know well, bitcoin is a digital currency that the server can not dimonitoring properly or effectively. And also any transaction bitcoin are anonymous, though transparent bitcoin has not shown evidence of who is doing the transaction. The main thing being the bitcoin security in Government options

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 04:52:50 PM

i believe there should not be any issue with the idea that brings bitcoins step a head of dollar. If we put other issues aside , bit coin currency will solve the copy currency issues that normally happens. People create fake currency notes and use them . By making all the transactions online will make money transactions faster and more efficient. Other then that this copy currency issue will be resolved and will make an advance statement that bitcoin possibly is the future.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 05:08:18 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

I am very positive that bitcoin can replace dollar in the near future. We just don't know only when will be happen it can be a years, a decades, or century. But base in our time now, bitcoin so far is not that yet popular in most countries. Because, bitcoin was popular only in Russia, London, Europe, Australia, Japan, China, somewhere in Philippines, India, and others.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:34:17 PM

Yes, that is the thing why government will not accept bitcoin as a currency. The transactions of bitcoins are really anonymous that is why of it will be implemented as a currency of one country, it will be used on many illegal activities and transactions. And it will be so hard getting taxes on the people, it may lead to the failure of the government. It will stay as a digital currency accepted by stores and exchangers.

And the fact that is has been used and has been keep using by those people on their shady activities is still occurring. It is was the government really doesn't had interest nor considering it to be their sub-currency or a reserve type of currency. While it's constituents are the ones who are earning from it for having a good price for it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:52:36 PM

Replace - NO

But equal - YES

I think the fact bitcoin will be a strong currency in the future.

We will have more people accepting BTC and other digital currency. Also it will be easier to handle and rest of the people will enjoy this

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:49:44 PM

Agree i dont think is happen. But no one knows what happen in the future what if bitcoin price collapse do you think bitcoin replaced dollars ? For sure no .  Bitcoin price is how many people in the world use bitcoin if many people are use bitcoin i think the price will pump more and more and that time it will now replaced dollars but the government will dissagree.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 10:59:38 PM

Agree i dont think is happen. But no one knows what happen in the future what if bitcoin price collapse do you think bitcoin replaced dollars ? For sure no .  Bitcoin price is how many people in the world use bitcoin if many people are use bitcoin i think the price will pump more and more and that time it will now replaced dollars but the government will dissagree.

Aside from that the scalability issue will also play a major part why Bitcoin cannot replace dollar.  Even if the government think that it is possible to accept Bitcoin as main currency(assuming), they will be turned off to the scalability issue of Bitcoin that creates lots of unconfirmed transaction. 
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:09:49 AM

Replace - NO

But equal - YES

I think the fact bitcoin will be a strong currency in the future.

We will have more people accepting BTC and other digital currency. Also it will be easier to handle and rest of the people will enjoy this

Yeah that's right. I don't thinks there's really a need to have any currency replaced when we can have both for better alternstives depending on transactions. Some trandsctions, digital ones, can be better done using btc and there are also those kind of transactions that would have to be done the traditional way so we should know better to take advantage of what makes life easier for us

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: