Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:10:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66715 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:09:44 PM

Bittrex should get a countdown timer. Previous CFCs like this have ended early making many people mad. A countdown timer would prevent this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:32:39 PM

I'm sure once the official demo is released the CFC will pick up steam, hopefully not too late.

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
yak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 08:34:35 PM

Is this an "Initial Coin Offering" or is there a previous premine for devs/bittrex/early investors?

yea, its basically an ico (they just use a different name for it), the entire coin supply is what the ico is, as is said in the original ann if it is successful (min 800btc raised) the coins are distributed to the buyers and whatever isn't sold is burned

Bittrex should get a countdown timer. Previous CFCs like this have ended early making many people mad. A countdown timer would prevent this.

i completely agree, i wonder why they don't

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
yak

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 08:35:52 PM

Crowdfunding Campaign is scheduled to launch 09:00:00 AM PDT August 21, 2015 and will close 09:00:00 AM September 4, 2015 at Bittrex
(from the ann)

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:41:05 PM

Is this an "Initial Coin Offering" or is there a previous premine for devs/bittrex/early investors?

yea, its basically an ico (they just use a different name for it), the entire coin supply is what the ico is, as is said in the original ann if it is successful (min 800btc raised) the coins are distributed to the buyers and whatever isn't sold is burned

i completely agree, i wonder why they don't

Correct. This is for the ENTIRE coin supply. What is distributed through the CFC/ICO is all that will ever be in circulation. There is no additional premine that we keep, nor is there any new R3D created from mining. All of the mining rewards are generated as fees from user-created content and account creation.

And I agree, it would be nice to have some kind of notice or timer at bittrex so people knew how much time remained on the CFC.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:44:25 PM

This looks pretty good. I will probably buy some soon.

Dexter12

Activity: 433

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:53:03 PM

So will i, but i really doubt that 800BTC will be achieved on friday.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:09:55 PM

Of course not. This will only raise enough funds for a few months of development.

I hope everyone realizes that this coin will need to dilute your coins and run a 2CO in a few months. This is a good thing though. Unlike other coins that give devs "golden parachutes" of +10% of all coins, this coin can sustain proper growth with continued CFCs.

A possible scenario would be raise $10,000 in an ICO, get to marketcap of $50,000, dilute coins 20% for a 2CO and raise $10,000, get to marketcap of $200,000, dilute coins 10% for a 3CO and raise $20,000, ... repeat ... on and on.

It's been shown these devs won't be working for free for a long period of time. They also have no premine incentive to work. The only way for this coin to have continued work is to continue funding it by diluting coins.

You would have to be a moron to think this is going to be as big as reddit without continued development for 5+ years.

vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:13:52 PM

just bought in. good luck
CrushOnBTC

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:40:54 PM

really cool graphics,  is that one on the bottom left supposed to be a battery or an energy drink?

Neither Cool
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 01:30:53 AM

Of course not. This will only raise enough funds for a few months of development.

I hope everyone realizes that this coin will need to dilute your coins and run a 2CO in a few months. This is a good thing though. Unlike other coins that give devs "golden parachutes" of +10% of all coins, this coin can sustain proper growth with continued CFCs.

A possible scenario would be raise $10,000 in an ICO, get to marketcap of $50,000, dilute coins 20% for a 2CO and raise $10,000, get to marketcap of $200,000, dilute coins 10% for a 3CO and raise $20,000, ... repeat ... on and on.

It's been shown these devs won't be working for free for a long period of time. They also have no premine incentive to work. The only way for this coin to have continued work is to continue funding it by diluting coins.

You would have to be a moron to think this is going to be as big as reddit without continued development for 5+ years.

I can tell you personally, I've been working on Neos for free for quite some time now, without holding any myself and after the initial ICO funds were exhausted.  Nothing goes from unknown to viral overnight, and I'm standing by my work throughout.  We do have other recapitalization plans that were mentioned in the thread recently and the fact that someone creating a site on the r3d network can earn is a means to monetize in itself.  I'm not quite sure many are realizing that I've been coding from before sunrise to well-after sunset for 2 months now or so and that was with a very, very small initial payment.  If we're funded, what I can say is that I'll continue to be here - every day on the same schedule continually coding.  This is what I do, and all that I do.  This is beyond passion for me and this cause is an even greater motivator.  Our focus would be on improving r3d, as well as building applications on r3d to generate our own revenue streams later on to sustain that.  The initial ICO funds aren't for us to sit here and create a Reddit clone, that would be a waste of time.  It would be more productive for us to focus our energy on making the r3d platform way more robust and developer friendly so hundreds or thousands of able developers have the proper tools to create anything they could possibly dream up.

Best regards,

syntaks

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 01:50:15 AM

i can confirm - twoturtles is a genuine guy that u are not used to this days. fully transparent and solid.

stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:08:45 AM

So we're down to 3 days and we've had a phenomenal support from so many of you. We still have a ways to go, but that's not going to stop us from continuing to crank out code.

Lootz from SuperNET Radio has contacted us again for another radio interview. We want to take this time to answer questions that you guys might still have about R3D. Once we have a nice list of questions stacked up we can schedule a time for us to go on the air with Lootz. Feel free to send your email questions to supernetradio@gmail.com. If you wish to remain anonymous please state that in your email.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:38:50 AM

I can tell you personally, I've been working on Neos for free for quite some time now, without holding any myself and after the initial ICO funds were exhausted.  Nothing goes from unknown to viral overnight, and I'm standing by my work throughout.  We do have other recapitalization plans that were mentioned in the thread recently and the fact that someone creating a site on the r3d network can earn is a means to monetize in itself.  I'm not quite sure many are realizing that I've been coding from before sunrise to well-after sunset for 2 months now or so and that was with a very, very small initial payment.  If we're funded, what I can say is that I'll continue to be here - every day on the same schedule continually coding.  This is what I do, and all that I do.  This is beyond passion for me and this cause is an even greater motivator.  Our focus would be on improving r3d, as well as building applications on r3d to generate our own revenue streams later on to sustain that.  The initial ICO funds aren't for us to sit here and create a Reddit clone, that would be a waste of time.  It would be more productive for us to focus our energy on making the r3d platform way more robust and developer friendly so hundreds or thousands of able developers have the proper tools to create anything they could possibly dream up.

Best regards,

syntaks

This is a great idea but quite big. With every developer in this niche wanting to create their own blockchain it will be extremely difficult to attract developers to develop apps using this blockchain. Even if there was devs wanting to dev for this blockchain, the AuxPoW clone is not going to scale. The blockchain is not a good place to store data. Due to scaling reason, you can't open this blockchain up to anything other than the one reddit clone idea.

I think your visions are too early Tongue

Keep the idea small and this might work. Small txt messages could fit on a blockchain and maintain a size under 1 terabyte. A more advanced option would be to clone a new decentralized data storage tech like SJCX. You could then store searchable titles & data pointers on the R3D blockchain with the pointers pointing to the SJCX data. A strategy like this could be used to fill a gap for the next few years while there is no decentralized search ability. You could then keep the momentum going and upgrade tech once better tech is available.

twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 03:53:29 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

This is a great idea but quite big. With every developer in this niche wanting to create their own blockchain it will be extremely difficult to attract developers to develop apps using this blockchain. Even if there was devs wanting to dev for this blockchain, the AuxPoW clone is not going to scale. The blockchain is not a good place to store data. Due to scaling reason, you can't open this blockchain up to anything other than the one reddit clone idea.

I think your visions are too early Tongue

Keep the idea small and this might work. Small txt messages could fit on a blockchain and maintain a size under 1 terabyte. A more advanced option would be to clone a new decentralized data storage tech like SJCX. You could then store searchable titles & data pointers on the R3D blockchain with the pointers pointing to the SJCX data. A strategy like this could be used to fill a gap for the next few years while there is no decentralized search ability. You could then keep the momentum going and upgrade tech once better tech is available.

I can understand your position and views, but we haven't shown what can be created yet nor the functions to the best of our ability or the ability of what we're creating here.  What we've done so far we've tested after each modification, pinned it with data, tested some more.  Once the full demo is live, things will become a LOT clearer.  I have left out quite a few details I've saved for the demo because to explain them in text would be just the same as we have already done which is *tell* everyone what we're doing - it's time to show you.

Best regards,

syntaks

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:53:43 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2015, 04:30:53 AM by popcorn1

HMMM Not going to make 800btc in the time stated..

why not do your own escrow on the R3D website..sell them for 25sats each the whole 4 billion r3d min buy 0.1 btc.. you will raise 1000btc
Do not put r3d on the market so there is no trading..keep escrow going for 6 months to give you time to sell the whole 4 billion..plus give everyone time to get used to using it..
so start your escrow and after the first week ends bring R3D coin out then keep escrow going for 6 months
1st week you will have 30 btc to start and when everyone starts using it 2nd week you will have
 another 30 btc and before you know it they will be all gone and the whole 4 billion will get used and more people will be involved..
then when the 6 month countdown is done then put R3D coin on bittrex and other markets to trade and sell
plus 6 months time will give you more time to code to add new features to r3dcoin and sell the 4 billion Wink Wink and people who bought r3d coin in the first week will get used to using R3D platform..

just a thought a good one tho Grin Grin

IT GIVE YOU DEVS TIME AND YOU STILL GET PAID  Wink

Plus 25 sats no one can complain about the 6 month wait ..you get 1000btc  and we traders get a bargin
plus lots of room to profit 1 to 2 years down the line everyone will be happy

you could do it for 4 months but no less or the 4 billion wont get sold

YER DOOO IT DO IT DO IT DOOOO IT Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
bit like ETH but you release 1st week and no exchanges till 6 months Grin Grin
MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO YOU DEVS

tell me where my idea is floored  Wink Wink or sell to a private company and then it wont be used for what you would like it to be used for Wink Wink

Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:28:11 AM

why not do your own escrow on the R3D website..sell them for 25sats each the whole 4 billion r3d min buy 0.1 btc.. you will raise 1000btc
Do not put r3d on the market so there is no trading..keep escrow going for 6 months to give you time to sell the whole 4 billion..plus give everyone time to get used to using it..
so start your escrow and after the first week ends bring R3D coin out then keep escrow going for 6 months
1st week you will have 30 btc to start and when everyone starts using it 2nd week you will have
 another 30 btc and before you know it they will be all gone and the whole 4 billion will get used and more people will be involved..
then when the 6 month countdown is done then put R3D coin on bittrex and other markets to trade and sell
plus 6 months time will give you more time to code to add new features to r3dcoin and sell the 4 billion Wink Wink and people who bought r3d coin in the first week will get used to using R3D platform..

Plus 25 sats no one can complain about the 6 month wait ..you get 1000btc  and we traders get a bargin

This is your brain on drugs   Grin

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:32:49 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2015, 05:12:52 AM by popcorn1

This is your brain on drugs   Grin
so what is so bad about the idea tell me please .. i bet you any money you want its not get sold by friday dream on dreamer
and who rattled your cage Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
SO I SHALL KEEP MY IDEAS TO MYSELF
plus devs still not said what is going to happen if not made 800btc you keep saying well could be this or could be that WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU GOING TO DO IF YOU DON.T REACH 800BTC..
why i ask because the extra money we could make with our btc..its sitting there doing nowt when i can make more btc or more cryptocoins or more cash with my bitcoins
and this question is for the devs not you razorglass Cheesy Cheesy
if i need you next time razorglass i will rattle your cage Grin

plus what would you know anyway Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
the coins you bought or mine what ever you do WOW Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy IDIOT Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
wont listen to you then because you know nothing Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
and tell bob surplus i bail before he does Wink Wink Wink KERCHING Grin
yak

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 06:39:53 AM

the reason why eth wasn't on any exchange for that long is because there wasn't a public network for that long.. as soon as you release your coin 'into the wild' any exchange is free to put it on there, and not much you can really do about that..

as far as 'what exactly' the r3d team is going to do if the ico fails is really noones business except their own, so whatever details they want to share or do not want to share is up to them

they have said that they plan on looking at other funding sources multiple times and that is more of an answer than they owe anyone in here, since if it doesnt hit the 800btc minimum none of us are 'investors'

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 06:45:55 AM

Anonymous devs looking to raise a few dozen BTCs is one thing.  Anonymous devs looking to raise 4000 BTC, over a million dollars, is another.

I must give you my point of view. At least Syntaks is pretty much not-anonymous to me. He is definitely a good developer (taka a look at Neoscoin), also honest to the bone. He has accessed my desktop multiple times solving things I couldn't possibly solve. I can put money that he will never steal or fraud someone. So that gives a bit of relief if you're joining CFC, I think this project has a high chances of becoming something. I like it particularily because it's people-centric, ease of use seems to be one of the strongpoints, and that's what people generally need for something to be massive.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: