Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:36:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 07:57:41 AM

The site loads fine for me

hm, wierd. i cant load the site.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hanti

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:40:51 PM

they got some ddos protection from cloudflare now

"Checking your browser before accessing www.butterflylabs.com.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds...
DDoS protection by CloudFlare "

and site loads fine Wink

maciak

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:22:54 PM

Also interesting is, that in 2012 they said, that they will ship it in January. It is March and they have still pre-order
MrLetter

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:36:48 PM

they got some ddos protection from cloudflare now

"Checking your browser before accessing www.butterflylabs.com.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds...
DDoS protection by CloudFlare "

and site loads fine Wink

The other night I was getting an offline message and the cloudflare back-up. It's nice to know why.
ms205

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:26:18 PM

BFL promised that shipping begin in two week. Scum or not - we will be know soon. Pre-order now is truly a gamble, but if You didn't place it and first few delivery to be confirmed, queue greatly inflate and new orders will be executed in the next year. Also prices may revise, guess in what direction... Avalon is real product now and what we see? Batch #2 closed and batch #3 opens soon but price climb to ridiculous height, five times relative to pre-order.
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:34:29 PM

BFL promised that shipping begin in two week.

Two weeks from when? July?
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:34:58 PM

BFL promised that shipping begin in october 2012.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:37:24 PM

BFL promised that shipping begin in two week. Scum or not - we will be know soon. Pre-order now is truly a gamble, but if You didn't place it and first few delivery to be confirmed, queue greatly inflate and new orders will be executed in the next year. Also prices may revise, guess in what direction... Avalon is real product now and what we see? Batch #2 closed and batch #3 opens soon but price climb to ridiculous height, five times relative to pre-order.

BFL has "scheduled shipments" two weeks from __/__/20__ many times and never shipped anything. The exchange rate has gone from mid single digits to $74 since their pre-order window opened in June of 2012. What makes THIS the lie straw that breaks the camels back? They will not be shipping in two weeks...guaranteed. I'll be surprised if they're shipping in early May.

Avalon can charge whatever they want because their only competition is grotesquely incompetent and dishonest.  

nuclear

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 10:25:34 PM

I'll admit it's a bit puzzling how/why they still take orders for something that clearly does not yet exist.  Seems like even if they are legit and do launch a product they will be so far behind in manufacturing that it will be impossible.

I could be wrong; but; seems like a great way to end up in legal/financial trouble for the rest of your working life.
jacky4566

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 10:38:23 PM

From what i can tell they have loads of chips coming.
and they can always get more boards and components quickly.
Im very angry it is taking this long but at least they are establishing a proper assembly line.
cryptojournal

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:16:09 PM

I suppose no one - including BFL - has any idea how long people who buy pre-orders now will have to wait to get their hardware...
jasonpitts

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:56:29 PM

The question that I am really struggling with is, should I setup a GPU mining rig today or preorder another ASIC.  I am fairly sure that there is still profits to be made in GPU mining, but I don't know if it would be worth my time.

I also wonder why only two companies are building these things. The race is hardly over and there is long-term money to be made for the manufacturers. Healthy competition keeps companies honest.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 01:20:39 AM

The atmosphere is not palatable.. Its crook like and the stigma will remain like a bad stench and follow BFL even if they delivered TODAY!

Avalon may have just stepped off a cliff to a lot of people but what you cant see is the analytics or the demand that fueled the decision! Its not difficult to ponder the fact that if your not significantly backed and dont have the capitol, connect or maybe you cant put up the assembly line so to speak then you better grab as much $$$ as you can before some serious players like AMD or some other giant comes and flicks you like bug.

China connect or not Avalon seems to be building to order and the demand vs the man power they have might be the reason for the sharp spike in cost! @ $1400 they were making a profit and loved it!! Then they realized that since BFL was not stepping up or cant step up the demand vs the output ratio was just not gonna work at $1400..

They would need to invest in infrastructure and hire a crap load of people and deal with the shortcomings that come along with mass fabrication ... they would turn into BFL!!! Not to say that BFL is real or that they even have a product (im sure they got somethin). Im just saying..avalon  may have raised the price not because they were greedy but because they cant keep up with the demand!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:36:53 AM

I'll admit it's a bit puzzling how/why they still take orders for something that clearly does not yet exist.  Seems like even if they are legit and do launch a product they will be so far behind in manufacturing that it will be impossible.

I could be wrong; but; seems like a great way to end up in legal/financial trouble for the rest of your working life.

not only they are taking new preorders, but they are also investing quite a good money to attract newbies to their scammy preorders...

....and....where is a working prototype?

red flags everywhere

w33mhz

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:02:30 AM

well it quite a disappointment that BFL units haven't shipped.  I have heard if you want to cancel your order they only give you the dollar value back not the coins you paid to get the unit.  Isn't that kind of ripping a person off if I paid 30 BTC I should get 30 BTC back, but I guess it was based of the USD price to begin with so its a little fair.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:54:43 AM

well it quite a disappointment that BFL units haven't shipped.  I have heard if you want to cancel your order they only give you the dollar value back not the coins you paid to get the unit.  Isn't that kind of ripping a person off if I paid 30 BTC I should get 30 BTC back, but I guess it was based of the USD price to begin with so its a little fair.

Well, it's just a crappy deal caused by BFL. The cancellers don't get the benefit of having a working product and don't get the benefit of having held the bitcoins while the price went up... how many times? Meanwhile, BFL themselves didn't see any benefit since they no-doubt turned the BFL into fiat to pay for whatever it is they are doing (giving them the benefit of the doubt on being honest). The only people who benefited from the deal were external parties who bought and held the BTC that were cashed out (Hmm. That's me).

I'm not happy, however. I found out properly about bitcoin back in September and would likely have jumped on some mid-range GPU mining. Except the ASICS that were going to arrive in the next couple of weeks were going to make it pointless. So I got screwed by BFL and I'm not even a customer. FUD merchants they are.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
w33mhz

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:56:03 AM

Well I have been mining for awhile and well quite frankly I had read the posts to buy instead of investing into mining (this was back in the <$10 btc days) and I didn't listen and bought up some GPU's but it took a long time to get the equipment payed off.  I should have just bought instead, but I now am mining on paid off equip and the power is my only cost which I have offset a little by sneaking a couple miners in at work in some closets.  LoL.  When BFL came out with the jalapenos I jumped and bought a couple, I didn't really want to invest into the SC's they seemed a bit pricey even though they looked to be able to pay off in a shorter amount of time.  So I bought into the ASIC's from BFL a little harder than I had before, I am cheap I don't like dedicating a lot of capital into this kind of thing, but since I have been doing this for about a year or better now and the price is through the roof I feel so stupid for not buying when I knew I should have not even using hind sight. 
This wait from BFL does make me think that they might have the same idea as ASICMINER and just producing their own equipment instead of selling it off its more profitable at this point in time.  Yet another venture I probably should have invested in but when GLBSE went down I just couldn't get myself to put my btc out in that kind of market, especially when one of my friends was pretty heavily invested into it and is not fighting to get his btc back.  I am going to get off my butt and get some funds into bitfinex before they shutdown the mt gox codes for USD. 
dobatron81

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:22:10 AM

Until BTC stabilizes for a month or so, buying things in BitCoin can drive a person mad.  However, if you're mining them when they were in early stages then you got a deal and also did a pay it fwd to the BTC market.  As for BFL, I put in a day or so ago for a 30Gh/s single.  I look at it as something I'm investing in as well as BTC.  My order # is ridiculous, but it seems as though if they are building a robotic assembly line and many frustrated miner's are dipping out then it could pan out.  BFL order # of 15,000 are going for ridiculous money, like 1-2k so there is a demand for people who are patient.  Just like all things only time will tell.  Hopefully just like BTC there will be griping and hindsight ; )
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 04:52:27 AM

Retrospect is the child of wisdom!! Sometime looking back at a situation you learn more from it than when it was actually happening! 

Maybe BFL is doing some retrospecting of its own! I can only imagine the kind of critical reviews they are going to get even when and if they deliver!

They have tainted their brand ... regardless. Just my 2bits.. & i didnt even order from them! Im just replicating the sentiment of the people ive dialoged with ..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
smith88

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:02:13 AM

I was pretty excited about getting a BFL mining rig but it looks like I can't even take that gamble now since the queue is so big!

How big do you think the queue is?  I personally think it's worth the price; if a person can do afford it.  But I wasn't aware there is a queue report out there?  I haven't see it yet.  Mind pointing me in the right direction?  If I find it I'll edit this post.  thx.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: