Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Null input error  (Read 58116 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:33:38 AM

For the love of god, do not buy or promote Monero

Do tell us why... Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:38:02 PM

Dude where's my GUI, lol

Great thread ceti!  Smiley

MyMonero.com has a very nice trust-free GUI.

You can even use it in your stupid iPhone's walled garden.

Sorry TaoOfDuffied's futile twitter campaign was such a miserable failure and Dash got #R3KT in the "Best Anon Crypto" poll:

https://twitter.com/EncryptionGirl/status/669297979673542656

Grin

oh great a centralized online gui wallet, what could go wrong.

lol, what a joke that poll was. you guys sure are desperate aren't you. looks like only around 30 people voted for monero in that ninja launched poll that only lasted a day or less. by the time it was posted in the dash thread the poll had ended or almost ended.

here's the only poll that really matters...
http://coinmarketcap.com/

monero is the one way down there fighting to hold onto 15th 16th place and sliding fast.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:42:31 PM

toxic community as well as several launch and bloating issues. not to mention the highly hyper inflationary emission curve fastmine that was cripplemined.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 11:00:26 PM

toxic community as well as several launch and bloating issues. not to mention the highly hyper inflationary emission curve fastmine that was cripplemined.

Really a dasher complaining about an intentional mining curve over four years with a minuscule amount mined via crippled miner when their favorite coin mined 30% in one day? As for bloat, all coins that use anonymity features (whether good or inferior) suffer bloat and you would know that if anyone used dark send--but this misses that Monero's DB handles the bloat issue in an elegant way. As for community, it's open source and no one controls how people act.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:07:46 AM

@generalizethis

Not organized by anyone ?

Try Google searching "Monero Marketing"

I contend Monero's privacy features are.. uhhmm "inaccurate" to put it nicely LOL
Security on the internet is a big and complicated issue.
I do admit that some of the so called Anon coins could *help* keep your transactions private.
But saying "help" and saying "You can't be tracked" is a big difference.

And i don't care about any Anon coin.
What bothers me is the manipulative tactics used by the marketing team of Monero.

All i need to see is the 560+ page spam topic perma-bumped here to the top of page 1 at all times.
That screams manipulation and is a symptom of much more.
It sucks having people jam something down your throat..

If it seemed like natural behavior it wouldn't bother me anywhere near as much.
There is lots of coins out there and very few get on my nerves like Monero does.
And why is because of the topic title.

Worse is the guys who spam about it deny it 100%.
Reptilea the Monero Millionaire Overlord is behind some of it and he plays dumb about it.
I have seen that 560 page topic lots and every time i looked it was pretty much off-topic rambling.

Little more than a year ago the forum had enough and many other guys started getting mad about the spamming.
Like one guy posted a screen cap here showing how the page 1 was all Monero topics.
And i did not make 1 of them in the picture !
Things died down after the massive backlash.. only for it to erupt all over again.

I've had enough of Monero ..and their "Marketing Tactics"

FUD first & ask questions later™
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 01:36:18 AM

@generalizethis

Not organized by anyone ?

Really a dasher complaining about an intentional mining curve over four years with a minuscule amount mined via crippled miner when their favorite coin mined 30% in one day? As for bloat, all coins that use anonymity features (whether good or inferior) suffer bloat and you would know that if anyone used dark send--but this misses that Monero's DB handles the bloat issue in an elegant way. As for community, it's open source and no one controls how people act.

I didn't say there wasn't organization--most of us share a common cause and that's a plus.

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:05:11 AM

I hope Monero and Burst can work together one day. They would make a perfect couple and are really complimentary to eachother.

Monero is good for privacy, and BURST is good for investments, escrow and automatic transactions. It would be a great partnership.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:24:42 PM

Yes we should all listen to you given your history of double-talk/hypocrisy as seen below:

I personally won't buy cloak because of the 7 day proof of work instamine.

...even though you support Dash's 30% (of current total supply after 1 year and 11 months) in one day instamine. An instamine is an instamine...

DRK is now as evenly distributed as btc and ltc etc.

Yeah sure...instamining a coin and centralizing its supply is "distributed" like LTC and BTC. Roll Eyes

thanks. after reading anonymints back and forth with you guys i was under the impression that pruning the bc was questionable and he seems to think it can't be done. it way over my head but he does seem to know his stuff. to clarify he did say it's not possible right? i saw the bbr guy pruned or is pruning some stuff but anonymint claims it's not near enough, correct?

i've seen people talk about the transaction provability part several times but forget the specific phrase they used. i'll check into it and get back to you.

so if i send you some xmr for something and you say you did not get it is there a transaction hash on the bc i can point to and prove it?

thanks for your time.

Both AnonyMint and I agree that pruning, in the Bitcoin sense of the term, is not possible with any of the CryptoNote currencies. That does not mean that other reductions in storage aren't possible, but there will always be a need to keep more data than with Bitcoin and its clones. Specifically, the utxoset *and* the key image set is required, and the key image set is unpruneable. The pruning that BBR does is to remove ring signature proofs, a purely linear pruning and one that I am hesitant about from a cryptographic soundness perspective.

You get a transaction ID for your transaction, most definitely. Here's a transaction of 335 XMR sent to my Monero address (49VNLa9K5ecJo13bwKYt5HCmA8GkgLwpyFjgGKG6qmp8dqoXww8TKPU2PJaLfAAtoZGgtHfJ1nYY8G2 YaewycB4f72yFT6u) on all 3 block explorers:

http://monerochain.info/tx/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d
http://chainradar.com/xmr/transaction/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d
https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d

As you can see, there's no way to track where it came from, where it went to, or even ascertain the correct amount. However, the very act of being able to provide the transaction ID to me (coupled with me receiving it) is normally sufficient to prove a transaction, since only the sender and recipient will know the transaction ID and the amount.

Of course, this isn't the robust or cryptographically sound way of doing it, which is why we're adding tooling to allow someone to reveal the one-time key (which is different to the transaction ID) for their transaction, and the person (or persons) they send that key to can see the exactly details of their transaction on a blockchain explorer or similar. In other words, this functionality is inherent in the protocol and in each transaction, but we just have to give people the ability to both retrieve this information and for someone else to verify it.
great info man, thanks. the one-time key feature will solve the provability problem i've seen brought up but i still can't think of the damn technical name they were using Cheesy
sounds like what bitshares x is doing with a secret key to prove transaction to a third party type escrow. the whole anon scene is very exciting!

only other real issues is the bloating and (visa level) scalability that anonymint always talks about. what are y'alls plans to fix that?
the crippled hash things is fixed (right?) and doesn't concern me as it only affected like 2% from what i saw which is super fair in the cryptocoin world.
the only other thing i can think of now is the issue of inflation,  4 years pow if i'm not mistaken?
 some have also questioned the pow algo cryptonite because i guess it's new and cryptographically unproven but getting professionally audited at some point?
seems like y'all have a great team working on things and i'll definitely consider putting some btc into your project.

what's your thoughts on bitshares x anon feature titan?

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDvXZMQNnhE

Delegated Proof of Stake - Let's Talk Bitcoin Episode 129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBpoRLmrbA&list=WL#t=726

The red part speaks for itself.

Concerning Bloat: Any anonymity feature set that is backed by tested cryptography and isn't some "new kid on the block" crypto just recently developed will have some trade off in "bloat". You don't always get something for nothing.

With privacy/fungibility there are trade-offs. Of course you wouldn't know this given you keep spouting the same BS that shows that you don't understand how cryptography on that level works.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:56:14 PM

15 16 17  Shocked
monero is losing the only poll that matters.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:10:10 PM

this has already been answered....

I'm going to leave this here.  Grin

LOL ^. But maybe to them it was a "FEATURE" hahaha

I guess instamining Dash in 2-3 days is GOOD....

than instamining Cloak for 7 days which is BAD  Cheesy

lol, boy you're wasting lots of time and digging deep aren't you. i made pretty good call on avoiding cloak yes i know thank you. i warned people about xc too and now monero these days.

my problem with the cloak instamine was that they mined the total initial coin supply (4.5m) in 7 days and went to a highly inflationary 6% POS reward. this unfairly gave all the coins that could ever be mined to a very small group of people who then staked it @ a whooping 6% and controlled the supply. i knew that type of distribution model was doomed to fail.

i feel the same way about the highly inflationary monero emission curve where ~ half the coins were mined in the first year and will have "Roughly 86% mined in 4 years".
bitcoin is almost 7 years old and only has 75% mined. and the btc block reward is fixin to half and it will take them another 4+ years to get to monero's 86%.
so it will take btc (& ltc) ~11+ years to get to ~86% and monero only 4 years. it will probably take dash another 20 years to get to 86%.

here's more of what i said about cloak around that time...
"Cloakcoin had a failed Ninja launch with a 7 day pow 4.5 million coin instamine that has a 6% pos inflation issue. it's also a self-moderated thread that has been censored to cover up launch issues."

reminds me of the monero launch issues and purposely confusing multiple threads started in the wrong place by a admitted scam dev pushing a crippled miner. a dev that is probably still involved but with a new anon nick like smooth or smothie or fluffy, who knows.

Kiss

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:54:07 PM

this one was also answered already....

the crippled hash things is fixed (right?) and doesn't concern me as it only affected like 2% from what i saw which is super fair in the cryptocoin world.
the only other thing i can think of now is the issue of inflation,  4 years pow if i'm not mistaken?
 some have also questioned the pow algo cryptonite because i guess it's new and cryptographically unproven but getting professionally audited at some point?
seems like y'all have a great team working on things and i'll definitely consider putting some btc into your project.

i admit i was scammed and lied to by fluffy and smooth and at first believed them when they said the cripplemine only affected 2% of the total coin supply. turns out it's more like double that maybe even triple.
keep digging and reading my post and you will see me figure out their lies with help from others and then call fluffy and smooth out for pushing the 2% cripplemine lie on noobs.

you really need to stop being lazy and get some new material.
the 1.5 million monero cripplemine affected ~15% of the current highly inflationary coin supply.
 the 2% smooth talks about is just him guessing what "he thinks" the real damage done was, he can't prove anything.
but even if we give him the benefit of the doubt his math is still fuzzy and it's at least double that (4%) maybe even triple (6%) or more. how anyone can still claim monero had a fair launch is beyond me.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:13:20 AM

15 16 17  Shocked

Yeah sure...
Example:

Premine a coin with 100,000,000,000,000 coins.

Sell one to your friend for $0.001

Yay you have a $100 billion market cap.

Congratulations!  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:15:42 AM

An instamine is an instamine.

Your weak attempt to justify your hypocrisy is hilarious.

I love the way you dance.

this has already been answered....

I'm going to leave this here.  Grin

LOL ^. But maybe to them it was a "FEATURE" hahaha

I guess instamining Dash in 2-3 days is GOOD....

than instamining Cloak for 7 days which is BAD  Cheesy

lol, boy you're wasting lots of time and digging deep aren't you. i made pretty good call on avoiding cloak yes i know thank you. i warned people about xc too and now monero these days.

my problem with the cloak instamine was that they mined the total initial coin supply (4.5m) in 7 days and went to a highly inflationary 6% POS reward. this unfairly gave all the coins that could ever be mined to a very small group of people who then staked it @ a whooping 6% and controlled the supply. i knew that type of distribution model was doomed to fail.

i feel the same way about the highly inflationary monero emission curve where ~ half the coins were mined in the first year and will have "Roughly 86% mined in 4 years".
bitcoin is almost 7 years old and only has 75% mined. and the btc block reward is fixin to half and it will take them another 4+ years to get to monero's 86%.
so it will take btc (& ltc) ~11+ years to get to ~86% and monero only 4 years. it will probably take dash another 20 years to get to 86%.

here's more of what i said about cloak around that time...
"Cloakcoin had a failed Ninja launch with a 7 day pow 4.5 million coin instamine that has a 6% pos inflation issue. it's also a self-moderated thread that has been censored to cover up launch issues."

reminds me of the monero launch issues and purposely confusing multiple threads started in the wrong place by a admitted scam dev pushing a crippled miner. a dev that is probably still involved but with a new anon nick like smooth or smothie or fluffy, who knows.

Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:18:28 AM

Provide actual proof of all your claims.

Links references. Not hand waving.

Your deflection away from addressing your hypocrisy about dash and distracting by bringing up monero does not remove your hypocrisy about you supporting dash's instamine but not another coin's instamine.

Your tactics need to be upgraded.

They are getting kind of old ...I.e. Deflection, distraction, and changing the subject, not to mention your hypocrisy on fundamental topics.

this one was also answered already....

i admit i was scammed and lied to by fluffy and smooth and at first believed them when they said the cripplemine only affected 2% of the total coin supply. turns out it's more like double that maybe even triple.
keep digging and reading my post and you will see me figure out their lies with help from others and then call fluffy and smooth out for pushing the 2% cripplemine lie on noobs.

you really need to stop being lazy and get some new material.
the 1.5 million monero cripplemine affected ~15% of the current highly inflationary coin supply.
 the 2% smooth talks about is just him guessing what "he thinks" the real damage done was, he can't prove anything.
but even if we give him the benefit of the doubt his math is still fuzzy and it's at least double that (4%) maybe even triple (6%) or more. how anyone can still claim monero had a fair launch is beyond me.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:29:13 AM

15 16 17  Shocked

Yeah sure...
Example:

Premine a coin with 100,000,000,000,000 coins.

Sell one to your friend for $0.001

Yay you have a $100 billion market cap.

Congratulations!  Roll Eyes

TRUE !

I seen a guy selling trade info in here before AUR went on Coinmarketcap.
Not saying he was a scammer.. just clever LOL
He wouldn't tell anyone what the advice was until you paid him though.
I told him, Tell me and i will let everyone know if you advice is legit or not.
I did get the advice via PM and i did NOT share his info with anyone at all !
I will post a link to the PM's because it's old news (a year+ ago)
What we will see in the PM is how the guy figured out what you said.

Also after months i ended up bugging Gliss who runs that market cap web site..
Telling him he needs to do something.. there was clearly a problem.
At first him and others proclaimed proudly i was a Troll FUD'ing.
THEN
He did a 180 and changed his mind and admitted i was right and added asterisks to the market cap site.
Your welcome guys  Cool

Note: AUR went to $14 a coin roughly on Cryptsy i *could* have made a fortune !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1209147.msg12709785#msg12709785

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 08:49:43 AM

Angry  Never ending creation of threads, part of 'operation noise' for close of 2015  Angry

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256392.0

Cry  and so 'operation noise' continues into December with no respite in sight but little effect with exception of destroying the reputation of monero and Sir Risto.   Cry

Good to know the instamine expose has gotten under your skin and touched a nerve.

I'm glad to hear you want us to stop warning the public about Dash's instamine, bad crypto, and snake oil.

Thanks for the encouragement.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:01:47 PM

Seems the Monero Marketing company that was run by David Latapie and friends
has now been under police investigation.
1 guy was put in jail he said and 4 guys are screwed he claims.
Dave also did a vanishing act for a month or so.. ratting us all out ? ROFL
I bet he pointed the finger at other Monero Shills before the interrogation lamp got hot !

i gotta say this is pretty heavy duty Monero Marketing Tactics News !

Seems the Monero shill's are in a lot of trouble with the police HAHHAHAHA

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:50:10 AM

monero attracts lots of big time scammers including the original dev.
isn't this icebreakers (Eduardo deCastro) company.....

It’s all over: Bitcoin miner maker HashFast to auction remaining assets
Liquidation marks the end of the line for startup that self-destructed.

A federal bankruptcy judge has approved the auction of nearly all of HashFast’s remaining assets, putting the company out of business for good. According to court records, HashFast owes over $40 million to creditors primarily in the United States, but also to some customers in Europe, Russia, India, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada.

In May 2014, HashFast famously declared "we are not scammers." Days later, CEO Eduardo deCastro told Ars during an interview: "We are as poor as church mice." Then HashFast was hit with an "involuntary bankruptcy petition," a process that eventually resulted in the company filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and now concludes with the firm selling off everything that it owns.

"Last I heard, they have about five bitcoins," Ray Gallo, one of the lawyers representing creditors trying to get money back from HashFast, told Ars. "I think the company is out of money so I think the final employees resigned.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/11/its-all-over-bitcoin-miner-maker-hashfast-to-auction-remaining-assets/

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:01:09 AM

Not sure what Hashfast has to do with it..
But that comment reminded me of Mark from Gox..
When his site went down for good he claimed he was hacked for Bitcoin.
A little time went by and his lawyer made a public announcement..
His lawyer said Mark had found a USB drive containing 6 figures worth of Bitcoin.

Most likely Marky boy stole them all on purpose when he closed.. then
his lawyer *advised him to "find some" so it would look better for him in court later etc.
just guessing on that part but it's plausible i figure.

And now we have good ole Monero shit hitting the fan ROFL
Not surprised either.. Mr. Lahey told me there was a shit-storm a comin'

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:23:13 AM

Thanks ceti
i added that 2nd comment to my first post on the dedicated David Latapie Police topic.

EDIT:
By the way i went and looked at the candle sticks on Poloniex... ouch ROFL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: