Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:47:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
johncro_

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:59:53 AM

Great long term project, I bought several hundred MOIN. 

Particl is up over $40 now, so should bring some buying to MOIN, this could be the most undervalued privacy coin out there.

I'm also into NAV and VIA which I think are greatly undervalued, as well.

don't think its most undervalued privacy out there,but undervalued is for sure considering what they have in future plans.
what bothers me is there is no active community at all,reddit is pretty much dead,riot thing also no telegram,slack i can't enter so lack of news and communication from devs with small comunity is certanly not apealing to new investors.hope this changes in future and they give us more news and updates with current state of project

Exactly my thoughts. I'm on moin discord and it's truly dead there. One reaction a day. So very low comunity. As for devs Jookly is quite active but he doesn't know everything about tech. development. So it's hard to figure out what is moin actually about.

BTW. What is your most undervalued privacy coin right now?

for me most undervalued one is xspec coins.yeah i know you have seen a lot of shilling on this forum about this project and a lot of people acusing them of being paid for spamming,but in fact devs are being paid(through donation which means everything is voluntary) by the community to continue to work on the project and keep it going in future. I  mostly think its undervalued cause they have good featurues for privacyy  which i don't wanna go to details,devs are being very active and responsive to community and every question people ask they answer ,being about tech or future plans,exchanges etc. they promised stealth staking for q2 of this year which is tech that no one has it  yet and before they release it they will realease ghost paper where its described how they managed to do it.so  I have high hopes for that one,hope they deliver cause stealth staking is gonna take the project to next level.also they have 0 funds invested in marketing so community memebers go to forums and other sites and try to mention xspec wherever they can.their reddit when i entered in early december was 100 people,even less.after 1 month we have almost 1.2k members which is not bad considering everything was being marketed by community, which i think we can do with moin . if we get more people involved,we will see progress in growing community which i think is very important thing for the project

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunasol

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:42:46 AM

This is definitely undervalued. I mean, look at the spike
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:44:37 PM

have downloaded and unpacked wallet for win64 but when i try to open it nothing happens? waht should i do?

also, are there any plans for masternodes for Moin?
had the same problem. Try 32, that works for me even my windows is 64.

thanks! it worked

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:58:37 PM

I like the coin, the wallet, the staking model and the community, we have all the future in front of us to help devs building a cool digital coin!
vashshawn

Activity: 530
Merit: 253

LDOGE aka Litedoge -stakeable 2.0 doge

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:17:00 PM

should we have a vote to see how much of the community actually wants to go through with another coin swap for moin?

★ such speed much staking very cute ★  
                  such fun tipping and payment coin                  
             L i t e D o g e  (LDOGE)
      lite version of DOGE coin fair launch No Premine      
very website such twitter wow forum ★  

[/center]
Northa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:25:07 PM

Bought a few hundreds of MOIN, but not sure if this amount enough for pos stacking. Can somebody tell me how much do i need for staking?
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:31:10 PM

Bought a few hundreds of MOIN, but not sure if this amount enough for pos stacking. Can somebody tell me how much do i need for staking?

I can try and help answer this, a few hundred won't earn you a stake for a long time unless you get lucky. I highly recommend you try and get at least 1k+ MOIN to stake as that amount should earn you a couple of stakes a week. If you want a daily stake then 2k should be the right amount, remember it all depends on the network weight at the time of staking so if you can, try and leave your computer staking as long as possible. At least 12 hours or even better 24/7 as you'll earn a lot more rewards.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Northa

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:51:33 PM

I can try and help answer this, a few hundred won't earn you a stake for a long time unless you get lucky. I highly recommend you try and get at least 1k+ MOIN to stake as that amount should earn you a couple of stakes a week. If you want a daily stake then 2k should be the right amount, remember it all depends on the network weight at the time of staking so if you can, try and leave your computer staking as long as possible. At least 12 hours or even better 24/7 as you'll earn a lot more rewards.
Thanks for making clear this point. It was very helpful! I'll try to buy as many coins as i can. Btw maybe there is some staking calculator?
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:57:41 PM

Thanks for making clear this point. It was very helpful! I'll try to buy as many coins as i can. Btw maybe there is any staking calculator?

You're welcome my friend, If you can it would be better for you in the long run to get more MOIN now. Actually it might be a good time as the price has come down a bit since a few days ago. I'm not sure if there is a staking calculator however you can get a rough idea on how much you can earn once you start staking regularly.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Northa

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:04:57 AM

Thanks for making clear this point. It was very helpful! I'll try to buy as many coins as i can. Btw maybe there is any staking calculator?

You're welcome my friend, If you can it would be better for you in the long run to get more MOIN now. Actually it might be a good time as the price has come down a bit since a few days ago. I'm not sure if there is a staking calculator however you can get a rough idea on how much you can earn once you start staking regularly.
Thanks for advice! I've also think MOIN is a good investment in long term. If you don't mind, I have one more question but now regarding moin blockchain. Could you please tell me, the approximate size of moin blockchain in megabytes and how many RAM is enough for wallet? I want to create a virtual machine for staking and this info would be very useful for me. Thanks in advance Smiley
Northa

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:08:49 PM

Thanks for advice! I've also think MOIN is a good investment in long term. If you don't mind, I have one more question but now regarding moin blockchain. Could you please tell me, the approximate size of moin blockchain in megabytes and how many RAM is enough for wallet? I want to create a virtual machine for staking and this info would be very useful for me. Thanks in advance Smiley
Answering to my own question - moin wallet in running state uses ~ 600mb of RAM and blockchain size is approximately 1Gb. So 2 gb ram and 10gb rom for vm is ok.
P.s
I'm very happy that i was able to get more cheaper coins. Now i'm trying to stacking:)
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 12:00:33 AM

Answering to my own question - moin wallet in running state uses ~ 600mb of RAM and blockchain size is approximately 1Gb. So 2 gb ram and 10gb rom for vm is ok.
P.s
I'm very happy that i was able to get more cheaper coins. Now i'm trying to stacking:)

Sorry I couldn't reply as I was away for a couple of days but I'm glad to see you got your answer yourself.

Yes MOIN is once again cheap to buy and I myself might even stock up on some more just to help keep up with the network weight as it has risen a little recently as I think more people have joined the MOIN community and are staking. Its a good thing as we need more people joining and support the MOIN network by staking.

Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:13:46 AM

Its a good thing as we need more people joining and support the MOIN network by staking.
[/quote]

Can you explain in which way a staking wallet support the Moin network?
mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:47:46 PM

based on the above questions/answer from northa/vella85, I made some tests about the required size of moin balance for good staking results.
On 15th Jan 2018 23:42, I filled addresses with the following balances: 100/200/500/1000/2000/5000.

Now, after roughly 4 days and 12 hours, I have the balances below (The wallet was running nearly 24/7 in this period):
100 -> 100 = 0 staking rewards, 0%
200 -> 200 = 0 staking rewards, 0%
500 -> 503 = 2 staking rewards, +0.6%
1000 -> 1006 = 4 staking rewards, +0.6%
2000 -> 2009 = 6 staking rewards, +0.45%
5000 -> 5018 = 12 staking rewards, +0.36%

So I wouldn't try to stake coins with less than 500 MOIN balance on it.

In the long run, the percentage earnings from staking should align to each other.
I will continue to monitor the balances and report again here in a few weeks.

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:00:48 PM

Can you explain in which way a staking wallet support the Moin network?

Proof of stake is the method by which proof of stake blockchains, such as MOIN, generate blocks. If there are no stakers then there will be no blocks and therefore no transactions.  I recommend doing a google search for proof of stake and start learning. It has been explained in detail (you could check out the whitepapers! Roll Eyes) by many people, including those that invented it.
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 11:46:11 PM

based on the above questions/answer from northa/vella85, I made some tests about the required size of moin balance for good staking results.
On 15th Jan 2018 23:42, I filled addresses with the following balances: 100/200/500/1000/2000/5000.

Now, after roughly 4 days and 12 hours, I have the balances below (The wallet was running nearly 24/7 in this period):
100 -> 100 = 0 staking rewards, 0%
200 -> 200 = 0 staking rewards, 0%
500 -> 503 = 2 staking rewards, +0.6%
1000 -> 1006 = 4 staking rewards, +0.6%
2000 -> 2009 = 6 staking rewards, +0.45%
5000 -> 5018 = 12 staking rewards, +0.36%

So I wouldn't try to stake coins with less than 500 MOIN balance on it.

In the long run, the percentage earnings from staking should align to each other.
I will continue to monitor the balances and report again here in a few weeks.

Thanks for the report mate as this will help newbies getting into staking MOIN. Like I say to people who ask me about staking, its all about trying different blocks of coins to stake and see which works best. That is why I recommend people getting into MOIN and want to stake that 1k be the minimum to stake as they will at least get a few stakes weekly. The more someone has the better but sometimes people can't afford too much so even 500 is good going by your report to get a couple of stakes. I'll be interested to see the report in a few weeks from now.

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:36:12 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 09:58:36 PM by Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #18

Hello lovely Moin community.  I am excited to be getting back in the swing of our bi-weekly updates here.  Moin and crypto in general finished 2017 incredibly strong and our community has been growing faster than ever.  This week has some cool announcements in it so be sure to read the details!

Community Growth

Lots of people have been discovering MOIN in the last couple months and this is reflected by all the new chatter across our previously existing a newly implemented communication channels.  Since our last update we have added in our community run Discord:https://discord.gg/c58dGAH and Telgram: https://t.me/joinchat/Hb1PLw0270rqCMrwKIFBLg rooms to the MOIN chat system.  

We have also seen big growth on our sub reddit which opened near the end of last year.  We are really looking forward to growing our reddit presence so please be sure to stop by there to say hello or let us know what flavor syrup you put on your MOIN cakes. https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/

Find more info about ways to communicate within the MOIN community @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

MOIN F.A.Q's

The aforementioned community growth has provided us with a clearer view of some questions many people need answered.  This allowed us to create the first version of the MOIN F.A.Q's.  You can find the F.A.Q's @ https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/wiki/faq and also @ http://www.moinmovement.org/faq.html .  I would love to expand the FAQ section so hopefully over time we can get more important questions and answers onto those pages.

Moin Movement Laptop Raffle

Last but not least it is my pleasure to announce the beginning of the Moin Movement Laptop Raffle!  People who have been around for a while know I have looked forward to bringing a new raffle project to MOIN and I think this one is bigger and better than ever.  The prize this time around is an Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop: https://goo.gl/JaaPhZ .  Entries into the raffle are 1 MOIN each and directions on how to enter can be found @ http://www.moinmovement.org/laptop-raffle-instructions.html

Talk to you soon
- Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 11:10:52 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #18

Hello lovely Moin community.  I am excited to be getting back in the swing of our bi-weekly updates here.  Moin and crypto in general finished 2017 incredibly strong and our community has been growing faster than ever.  This week has some cool announcements in it so be sure to read the details!

Community Growth

Lots of people have been discovering MOIN in the last couple months and this is reflected by all the new chatter across our previously existing a newly implemented communication channels.  Since our last update we have added in our community run Discord:https://discord.gg/c58dGAH and Telgram: https://t.me/joinchat/Hb1PLw0270rqCMrwKIFBLg rooms to the MOIN chat system.  

We have also seen big growth on our sub reddit which opened near the end of last year.  We are really looking forward to growing our reddit presence so please be sure to stop by there to say hello or let us know what flavor syrup you put on your MOIN cakes. https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/

Find more info about ways to communicate within the MOIN community @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

MOIN F.A.Q's

The aforementioned community growth has provided us with a clearer view of some questions many people need answered.  This allowed us to create the first version of the MOIN F.A.Q's.  You can find the F.A.Q's @ https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/wiki/faq and also @ http://www.moinmovement.org/faq.html .  I would love to expand the FAQ section so hopefully over time we can get more important questions and answers onto those pages.

Moin Movement Laptop Raffle

Last but not least it is my pleasure to announce the beginning of the Moin Movement Laptop Raffle!  People who have been around for a while know I have looked forward to bringing a new raffle project to MOIN and I think this one is bigger and better than ever.  The prize this time around is an Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop: https://goo.gl/JaaPhZ .  Entries into the raffle are 1 MOIN each and directions on how to enter can be found @ http://www.moinmovement.org/laptop-raffle-instructions.html

Talk to you soon
- Jookly

Thanks for the update Jookly,

Its great to see the MOIN community growing now as more people start to find out about this hidden gem. I'll be sure to tweet about this Laptop raffle which I'm sure will create a lot of interest and may even bring more people into the MOIN community.

Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:17:15 PM

Great update. Laptop giveaway is a great way to get more people involved. I will be participating  Smiley
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 11:08:57 PM

Yes I'll be tweeting about this giveaway sometime today as I forgot about it yesterday lol I have so much going on lately that its hard to keep up sometimes. Now could be a great time for people to buy some MOIN as the market is in the red once again, I'm thinking about stocking up on some more to build on my staking weight.

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: